Played on one a guy at work had.

/will not be ordering one n

PSN ID: Djini

• Dirtbox 11 Sep 2010 13:18:59 78,157 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    Vice.Destroyer wrote:
    Did you see the Engadget story covering the Microsoft celebration that Windows 7 has gone RTM? It's bizarre in the extreme.

What the lols?!

As for it being wank, I dont trust the guardian when it comes to products that compete with apple.
    It's not the guardian, it's reporting on an article written by a well known and reliable pundit on such matters.

Moron.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Dirtbox 11 Sep 2010 13:19:19 78,157 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Post deleted

• lovely2cu 11 Sep 2010 13:51:53 1,194 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    FAO Dirtbox

lovely2cu wrote:
    What delay? The word is it's due to launch October 11th.
  • The-Bodybuilder 11 Sep 2010 18:21:23 14,198 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Well, there is only one real breakdown of it available at the moment

O_o
    There's in-depth, hands-on previews/reviews at virtually every major tech sight. What are you on about?
  • The-Bodybuilder 11 Sep 2010 18:22:50 14,198 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    lovely2cu wrote:
    Yeah, lack of Flash/YouTube is one of those "issues" I and Boodybuilder have alluded to, in amongst the generally favourable early impressions. It's been confirmed as being on the way, but how soon after launch that will be is anyone's guess.

According to the first review, there is already a youtube app (and twitter, but who cares about that, lol) in the marketplace.
    The lack of flash is a big one for me.
  • Red-Moose 11 Sep 2010 18:23:01 5,346 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Windows Mobile 7 is the mobile phone world's Assassin's Creed and Heavenly Sword.
  • The-Bodybuilder 11 Sep 2010 18:24:08 14,198 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    AssCreed 2 was awesome.
  • Dirtbox 11 Sep 2010 18:25:37 78,157 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The Bodybuilder wrote:
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Well, there is only one real breakdown of it available at the moment

O_o
    There's in-depth, hands-on previews/reviews at virtually every major tech sight. What are you on about?
    Lots of impartial information, but no real opinion that I've seen. Unless you've seen something I haven't?
    lovely2cu wrote:
    FAO Dirtbox

lovely2cu wrote:
    What delay? The word is it's due to launch October 11th.
    The delay thing was my mistake, I mistook the date of an article for this year, but it was from september last year.

• The-Bodybuilder 11 Sep 2010 18:30:29 14,198 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What do you mean "impartial information"? How so?
  • Dirtbox 11 Sep 2010 18:47:11 78,157 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    In depth looks at the features and the interface without opinion.

There's nothing (that I've seen at least) to say it's great, only one person has stepped up and said it's bad at this time. Not just bad, resoundingly, suicidally bad. And yet, I think we should still wait and see.

• lovely2cu 11 Sep 2010 19:08:46 1,194 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ???

Maybe that's because most tech 'journalists' are professional enough to reserve judgement until they're reviewing an actual finished product.

And anyway, even if they haven't been including CONCLUSION paragraphs in their previews, you can easily read between the lines.

The core interface and functionality is solid, particularly for a V1 OS. But they'll need to get busy after launch bringing it up to spec with iOS and Android, ie. apps, multitasking, etc.

That's what I've inferred from the majority of the previews I've seen, and if you ask me that's not an unreasonable position for WP7 to be in on day one.
  • Dirtbox 11 Sep 2010 19:12:34 78,157 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    That's my point exactly.

Are you looking for a fight or something, because whether you realise it or not, you're champing at the bit against someone who agrees with you.

The only reason I keep checking this thread is for some fresh information, as I'm as interested to see how it works out as the next guy.

• lovely2cu 11 Sep 2010 19:24:58 1,194 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fair enough, I'll give over. I just detected a little contrariness in some of your previous posts, seemed like you were giving that one Guardian article way too much credence. If I've taken you up wrong, apologies.
  • mrpon 11 Sep 2010 19:26:53 28,909 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    lovely2cu wrote:
    If I've taken you up the wrongun, apologies.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Dirtbox 11 Sep 2010 19:27:48 78,157 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    No problem, it's better to have an open mind about stuff when, in truth, no one who really knows what it's like is letting on beyond a cold technical perspective.

I'm holding out for a few reviews from respected places.

• Red-Moose 11 Sep 2010 20:27:19 5,346 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    If was like iOS is to MacOS X then WM7 may have some chance. Basically, you'd want Winamp on it, and Outlook, but they actually need to be instant access and work. Although the previews look nice, I am loath to believe that they are anything but hype until seeing the UI useability in proper reviews for speed of response.
  • sanctusmortis 13 Sep 2010 21:47:44 9,631 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The problem for me is I can see MS following Apple and making it walled garden, but without the quality or quantity of apps.
  • Deleted user 13 September 2010 21:49:58
    That appears to be the plan. I don't see how it is a bad thing though, coupled with their Xbox Live pedigree they could actually do something with it.
  • lovely2cu 13 Sep 2010 22:07:12 1,194 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Post deleted
  • sanctusmortis 13 Sep 2010 22:13:24 9,631 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just read that Infoworld article. In the words of the Dragon's Den peeps, "I'm out".
  • lovely2cu 13 Sep 2010 22:27:37 1,194 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    iPhone 7
  • wp7guy 16 Sep 2010 20:51:04 1 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I respect everyone's views, although I believe that the Windows Phone 7 will over-deliver and shock everyone. There are many reasons for this, but I won't get into too much detail. On a side note -- for those who do not despise Microsoft per se, have you seen any places to get cases once the phone comes out? I found one site, but nothing else. Site for Windows Phone 7 Cases
  • HittenMitsurugi 16 Sep 2010 20:55:57 204 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mr promo [at ] windowsphone7cases dot net I fear there may be a little bias :0
  • jakswan 19 Sep 2010 23:21:34 114 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think MS did a job with the XBOX but compared to Sony their massive. Google will be a much tougher nut to crack, I'm sure I read that Android were outselling IPhones in the US.

This is a battle that Google can't afford to lose. When using Navigator on Android and seeing Street View I had that sudden feeling 'ohh that's why they did that.'
  • Dizzy 19 Sep 2010 23:48:24 2,695 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    >I'm sure I read that Android were outselling IPhones in the US

The problem is that Android is becoming a low budget OS while the iPhone is still selling much better to the "richer" crowd. So APple makes some good money.
  • mcmonkeyplc 19 Sep 2010 23:55:37 39,456 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I hate apple. I just thought I'd throw that out there.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• goldenballs1988 20 Sep 2010 08:40:20 21 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    BartonFink wrote:
    MS have completely missed the boat on this and really should consider just leaving this space altogether. As DB and greggy point out this has been discussed at length in various demos and previews and it does indeed look and smell like turd of the unpolished kind.

Android on the other hand looks like it's definitely the way forward (assuming they can capture hearts and minds with Android Market).

How can people say MS missed the boat!!!! Android took well over 18months to come out once Apple was dominating the Market and they are now playing ball bigtime! I think it's potential is already there! Xbox integration Wooooh!
  • jakswan 20 Sep 2010 11:25:22 114 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dizzy wrote:
    >I'm sure I read that Android were outselling IPhones in the US

The problem is that Android is becoming a low budget OS while the iPhone is still selling much better to the "richer" crowd. So APple makes some good money.

I don't see that as a problem as such.

I think Apple will survive or even thrive they have a proven track record in the PC market and a very loyal following. For the mass market then I think Android will dominate, their after the search traffic on smart phones and tablets that will inevitably get larger as time goes by.

Not sure on MS their going to have throw a lot cash at it.

• oceanmotion 21 Sep 2010 13:00:21 15,938 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Zune to Expand Multiscreen Entertainment Services Into International Markets

Zune Marketplace will extend services to several markets in Europe and beyond.

Zune Pass (U.K., France, Italy and Spain). The monthly music subscription service will be available for 9.99 euros /8.99 pounds per month for unlimited download and streaming access to the Zune music catalog and will be accessible on Windows-based PCs, Windows Phone 7 and Xbox LIVE. The offer in the U.S. will remain at $14.99 per month for unlimited downloads and streaming access, with the ability to keep 10 MP3s per month.

Music purchase (U.K., France, Italy, Spain and Germany). Expansion to these markets will enable consumers to purchase MP3s and listen on their Windows-based PC, Windows Phone 7 or any other device that supports MP3 format. Users will also be able to purchase music videos to enjoy on Windows-based PC, Windows Phone 7 and Zune on Xbox LIVE.

Video purchase (U.K., France, Germany, Canada, Australia and New Zealand). Consumers will now be able to purchase movies to download and watch anywhere on the big screen in the living room with Xbox LIVE or their Windows-based PC as well as sync it to their Windows Phone 7 to enjoy on the go.

Movie rental (U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Ireland, Netherlands, Switzerland, Mexico, Canada, Australia and New Zealand). In addition to Zune video on Xbox LIVE, consumers in these countries will now be able to rent movies for viewing on their Windows-based PC or choose to sync the rental to their Windows Phone 7.

The global expansion of the service is the latest step in a series of milestones for Zune, including powering Bing music search results, the added ability to purchase music and video on Zune.net, and the forthcoming integration with Xbox LIVE and Kinect for Xbox 360. By continuing to integrate Zune across the most important screens to consumers, Zune provides an all-in-one music and video service for users to discover, enjoy and experience their entertainment wherever they want.
  • Page

of 34 First / Last