Football Manager 2011 Page 27

• Page

of 31 First / Last

• elephantjuice 19 Jul 2011 15:03:27 791 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Venatio wrote:

iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:
    Just ordered my new laptop so I can finally run this. Is it worth getting it or will 2012 be released anytime soon?

It's worth getting although I think I'm done with it. Got Luton to the premier league but I'm getting battered every week. Don't want to get them relegated. FM12 is probably 3-4 months away.
    Heh, I'm in a similar situation in that I managed to drag Brentford through the Championship play-offs to the Prem but haven't dared start the new season for fear of severe ass kickage.
  • Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 19 Jul 2011 15:06:54 4,645 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    elephantjuice wrote:
    Venatio wrote:

iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:
    Just ordered my new laptop so I can finally run this. Is it worth getting it or will 2012 be released anytime soon?

It's worth getting although I think I'm done with it. Got Luton to the premier league but I'm getting battered every week. Don't want to get them relegated. FM12 is probably 3-4 months away.
    Heh, I'm in a similar situation in that I managed to drag Brentford through the Championship play-offs to the Prem but haven't dared start the new season for fear of severe ass kickage.

The gap between the premiership and the championship seems much more pronounced in 11 than in the older versions I used to play. I got over 100 points the season I won promotion but the best I can do this season is the odd draw against some of the weaker prem sides.

"sounds like a public school ponce"

• elephantjuice 19 Jul 2011 15:13:00 791 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Venatio wrote:

elephantjuice wrote:
    Venatio wrote:

iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:

The gap between the premiership and the championship seems much more pronounced in 11 than in the older versions I used to play. I got over 100 points the season I won promotion but the best I can do this season is the odd draw against some of the weaker prem sides.

Retirement it is then!
  • Big-Swiss 19 Jul 2011 15:37:28 8,241 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Venatio wrote:
    Big Swiss wrote:
    Venatio wrote:
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:

wait a second.............YOU PLAY GAMES?!?!?!

Yes. And I will hand your arse to you at any game you wish.

wow, community manager going agressive, I like!
    pretty high risk challenging any game.........

• xandaca 19 Jul 2011 15:45:03 444 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:

New FMs are usually released late September/October time. So you've got a few months yet, if you've got an older version you might as well stick with that. I generally buy every second edition of FM, so having not bought 2011, I'll probably get the next version.
  • Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 19 Jul 2011 15:46:04 4,645 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Big Swiss wrote:
    Venatio wrote:
    Big Swiss wrote:
    Venatio wrote:
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:

I'm only joking, I'm pretty shit at games despite playing quite a lot of them.

• LionheartDJH 19 Jul 2011 15:47:48 19,541 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Community Manager, what's that? Do you have to take a bunch of ASBO's and make them productive members of society?

She dives for cheese pasties

• Big-Swiss 19 Jul 2011 15:50:40 8,241 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Venatio wrote:
    Big Swiss wrote:
    Venatio wrote:
    Big Swiss wrote:
    Venatio wrote:
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:

I'm only joking, I'm pretty shit at games despite playing quite a lot of them.

hehe lol!
    I was acctually going to list up a few games for us to challenge each other.
    then I realized that I would only feel comfi with 2 games where I would feel very well competitive, so I deleted the list! ;))

so same here!
  • Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 19 Jul 2011 16:02:26 4,645 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    LionheartDJH wrote:
    Community Manager, what's that? Do you have to take a bunch of ASBO's and make them productive members of society?

Sounds like moderating the forum. Apart from the last bit.

ONLY JOKING.

• binky Moderator 29 Jul 2011 09:32:45 9,947 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    iPad version is 2.99 at the moment if anyone cares (I cared. So I got it).
  • Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 29 Jul 2011 09:35:47 4,645 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Got back on this yesterday. A change in formation along with Ashley Young on a free transfer and I'm winning again. \o/

• megastar 11 Aug 2011 19:46:26 17,197 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I just dont understand what this game wants from me??? I've fucked about with formations and whatnot but I'm just everybodys bitch! I cant win a single game for shit!!!

I'm playing as Leeds Manager and at the moment I'm making the real life counterpart look like barcefuckinglona!

I wouldn't mind but the game keeps telling me I'm the favourite, only for fucking Doncaster to bang 4 past me!

I want to play this game but it's doing my head in!

WHAT DOES IT WANT FROM MEEEeEE???
  • Deleted user 11 August 2011 19:49:54
    Will there be a patch for the summer transfers?
  • MysteryLamb 11 Aug 2011 20:11:15 525 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    doubt it - unless you count FM2012 as a paid for patch/ upgrade
  • grey_matters 12 Aug 2011 16:49:37 3,863 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is it possible to get rid of your chairman? The man is an idiot. He has just sold my two best players (both full-backs) and their cover (a player who can play both sides and just a sliver worse than either) with a week left in the transfer window.
    It's bad enough that any good players I find and nurture will not sign new contacts due to growing at a faster rate than the club's/league's reputation, without having them sold with 3 years left on their contract and plenty of development yet to occur. It's not like the money is needed either.

The only thing I can think of is going into horrific debt which I'm reluctant to do. I suppose I could have constant battles with him but if the mechanism doesn't exist for him to leave due to pressures from the fans/board that would be especially pointless.
  • megastar 12 Aug 2011 21:59:24 17,197 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Can anybody offer me advice? Im dieing here! 8 league games 4 Draws, 4 Losses. No win all season inluding cup games??

Im literally doing everything the game asks of me, ive modyfied the formation so that everyone is playing in their "natural" position but they are hopeless!

:'(
  • Andee 12 Aug 2011 22:29:25 715 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    megastar wrote:
    Can anybody offer me advice? Im dieing here! 8 league games 4 Draws, 4 Losses. No win all season inluding cup games??

Im literally doing everything the game asks of me, ive modyfied the formation so that everyone is playing in their "natural" position but they are hopeless!

There's quite a few things that can ruin results for what otherwise might seem a decent team.

Morale is very important, are all your players happy enough?

Player instructions can be rather important too, equally as important as playing in natural positions. Ensure your not asking players to attempt roles that their stats aren't suitable for.

Team blend is another, if there's lots of new players it'll take them a while to gel.

And are you using the match preparation area properly? You'll see there how comfortable they are with your formation. And always revert it back to 'team blend' between matches to help increase morale within your squad, can be easy to forget about that.
  • sid92 12 Aug 2011 23:25:09 943 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    megastar wrote:

Have you done your tactics in team instructions you need to get those tactics right ie there's no point playing direct long ball tactics when you dont have a target man, if you have good midfielders and want to play possession football play short mixed passes and just get general tactics like that right you might just need to mess around with it a bit to get it how you want your team to play and how they play best as a team.
  • megastar 13 Aug 2011 00:10:12 17,197 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well my team ARE miserable, but I just figured that was because they were losing lots. I have no idea what "team blend" is, never seen that - will take a look tomorrow.

Regarding tactics, i spent about an hour checking out each of my players stats and that, i think i have assigned them in their best roles. Judging by what andee said i reckon I still need to extensively read whats going on as ive clearly missed one thing at least. Maybeei still need to slow down.

Regarding press conferences, i can never be arsed and always send my assistant to do it as it just feels like a time filler to me. Are those things important?

Im a n00b but I know I will love this game if i can nail it. I think its great already despite It driving me insane.

I need to invest in some fergie style chewing gum too as I smoke continuously Whennwatching games while shouting abuse at the screen :)

• Futaba 13 Aug 2011 02:06:08 3,538 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @megastar

Start reading your assistant manager's analysis of a match while it's in progress for more clues.

@grey_matters

I think you could use FM Modifier to make him retire/replace him, if your conscience would let you. I've heard it can mess up saves sometimes though.

As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a ninja.

• grey_matters 13 Aug 2011 02:44:15 3,863 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Futaba
    Think I'll just struggle on. Fucker has set me back years though.

@megastar
    Getting wins (and confidence) is vital. Fill your pre-season with games against shit teams. If there are gaps during the season, squeeze in another friendly. The game is too dependent on morale for me, but is still very good (once a bit of success is achieved).
  • Kostabi 13 Aug 2011 10:01:34 5,087 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I know next to nothing about football yet I always find these games strangely compelling. Currently in my second season at Bath trying to get them out of the BSP and just about holding on to a playoff spot... although it will go to pot if the injuries continue to mount.

• sid92 13 Aug 2011 12:26:44 943 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I always play my under 19s as my last game of pre season and bang about nine or ten in against them for great morale for opening game of season.
  • megastar 13 Aug 2011 13:18:58 17,197 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Naaa no point me playing this game. Im just getting annahillated. Waste of a tenner :(
  • MysteryLamb 13 Aug 2011 15:51:33 525 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Don't give up, you just need to get your tactics right and remember that changing stuff around too much from game to game is not the way to long term success. You may need to try a formation or strategy for a few weeks before you can tell if its working or going to work.

In FM2011 I've found great success with a normal 442 but even more joy with a 4 3 2 1 where the midfield (of 3) have a defensive player in the middle, and a creative playmaker next to him. The third mid depends on the player I have available, usually he's a normal supporting mid. With only having one out and out striker I set the two guys just behind him to wide positions on either side of the pitch as inside forwards. It works best if they are creative and can be allowed more creative freedom than usual because they will cut inside, support the main striker, and make the opposition defenders have to move out of position to track them.
  • LionheartDJH 13 Aug 2011 15:55:08 19,541 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:
    Will there be a patch for the summer transfers?

Obviously not an official one, but there's usually a few fan made ones knocking around after the window shuts.

@mega, I'd advise playing as someone other than shitty Leeds before giving up on the game ;)

She dives for cheese pasties

• megastar 13 Aug 2011 17:11:47 17,197 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You're not wrong about the shitty Leeds part :(
  • megastar 15 Aug 2011 11:29:13 17,197 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So ive decided to stop whinging and do it right this time and start over treating it more like a job than a game.

Last night I researched all the players that are available on free transfers from the offset, figured out 3 different formations for different opponent styles, read up more On all of the different settings and how to use transfers/loans properly etc etc.

Im gonna kick this games ass tonight, Leeds- going up as champions!!!

• Kosmoz 15 Aug 2011 14:47:47 7,768 posts
    Seen 35 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    In to my second season as Sutton United now, finished 13th in the first season, a pretty good result for a team who had no players and no staff at the start of the season. Qualified for the FA Cup again but lost 3-0 to Derby in the first round. 8th in the league at the moment and I'm hoping for a top ten finish, maybe even a play-off spot.

Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

• Kosmoz 15 Aug 2011 14:54:39 7,768 posts
    Seen 35 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Good goal scored in the FA Trophy.

Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

• Page

of 31 First / Last