Football Manager 2011 Page 2

• Page

of 31 First / Last

• Deleted user 21 October 2010 20:21:00
    Can you just watch the commentary, old school style with no actual representation of the match? It doesn't really add anything imo. During my first game the slider for game speed disappeared and I was stuck watching one of the dullest things possible as well.

If you want to avoid a shitstorm among your players as Man United boss, don't transfer list Rooney.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 21 Oct 2010 20:24:58 9,527 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is there nowhere else to download this apart from Steam?
  • Deleted user 21 October 2010 20:30:25
    I think a wider release of the demo will go out tomorrow.
  • Gruff 21 Oct 2010 20:43:53 2,770 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Cool, playing zoomed vertical in the match view works pretty well on my netbook, might actually lure me away from 2D

Pity they seem to have disabled the ability to add skins (in the demo only i hope) need my netbook skin

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• Deleted user 21 October 2010 21:12:02
    Picked it up. Already addicted. Lost my first competitive match as York manager :(
  • Grump 21 Oct 2010 22:10:12 1,180 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Currently playing this on my iPad using Splashtop Remote.

Absolute gaming bliss.
  • binky Moderator 22 Oct 2010 00:27:50 9,236 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just had a quick go. Missed out on it last year and didn't put much into 09 either to be honest. Playing this on my new iMac the 3d match engine is silky smooth, really makes a difference as I've always been put off of it having seen it perform poorly previously.

Always used to zoom through my matches just reading the commentary quickly. Can see me playing the matches at a slower speed and watching the action unfold this time round.

Think I'll definitely be grabbing it.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 22 Oct 2010 15:01:22 9,527 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm stuck.

I've arranged a pre-season game between my first team and reserves, and it's the day of the match. I've done the line ups and subs for both teams, yet every time I click 'Submit Team' it keeps going to my tactics screen and I can't proceed to the match.

What the hell do I need to do?
  • hiddenranbir 22 Oct 2010 17:30:47 5,743 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Don't like some of the UI changes. All of a sudden information feels cramped and overloaded.

I love how effective the imported tactic I shaped and melded for FM10 has fit perfectly in FM11 (classic mode, role and duty theory is poo)

Problems uploading full highlight packages but uploading single goals isn't so bad:

Here is one I've uploaded. Game said it was goal of the match but out of the four goals we did score, I preferred the other three since they were "team moves".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwkydsk9qI0
  • Deleted user 25 October 2010 20:01:10
    Reached the end of the demo, now what am I supposed to do for the next few weeks?

Don't know if it's coincidence or not but Rooney has started acting like a right prick, really annoying considering my team was built around an attacking quartet of him, Nani, Valencia and Hamsik who I bought for 15 million and has been awesome. But then Nani and Valencia went and got injured, and Rooney started acting up saying he was unhappy with the way I did team talks or something. Not sure if it's really this but now he's refusing to sign a new contract which has my highest possible wages on (there's no way I'm cutting my transfer budget in half just to give Rooney 190 a week). Think I might sell him for around 35-40 million, need funds for Akinfeev to replace VDS and then another decent winger and perhaps a new forward to replace Rooney. I trust Berbatov and Hernandez together if I play 442 but I don't think either of them can play as a complete striker in my 4231 like Rooney, certainly not as well.

My saving grace has been Park since my wingers got injured, scored almost every game for the last seven or so and half as many assists again. Lucky really because he had interest from Milan but I managed to convince him to stay.
  • Physically_Insane 25 Oct 2010 20:59:01 7,854 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sounds scarily realistic. Can't wait to get this, especially when my new iMac arrives!
  • binky Moderator 25 Oct 2010 21:11:22 9,236 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm still playing friendlies at the moment. Playing at regular speed and watching all the TV stuff by default. Never played it like this before. Normally whizz through a match in 5-6 mins. This takes me 10-15 per match and it's much better for it.

How long did the demo last btw? half a season?
  • Gruff 25 Oct 2010 21:22:35 2,770 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    binky wrote:
    I'm still playing friendlies at the moment. Playing at regular speed and watching all the TV stuff by default. Never played it like this before. Normally whizz through a match in 5-6 mins. This takes me 10-15 per match and it's much better for it.

How long did the demo last btw? half a season?

Been playing like that for a while, just drags you further into the dark abyss : )

You identify with the "players" more and spot tactical improvements quicker
    its just a much more involving way of playing (As if FM needed to more of a time suck)

WoW players must look at us with disdain

P.S

Yep half a season

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• Deleted user 25 October 2010 21:36:26
    Goes to Jan 2nd, 21 games into the prem season. Just gets you into the transfer window, lets you put bids in but then ends as you're about to find out whether they've been accepted!
  • binky Moderator 25 Oct 2010 22:22:37 9,236 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    LOL very annoying. Having not played for a while, do they ever let the demo saves carry over to the full game?
  • Deleted user 25 October 2010 22:24:07
    Yeah, you can use your save.
  • binky Moderator 25 Oct 2010 22:27:31 9,236 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ahhh see, that makes it worth me carrying on doing this properly.
    Like it.
  • Deleted user 25 October 2010 22:30:46
    If it turns out this save won't work for some reason I will be writing a strongly worded letter.

Last year I played the demo to its conclusion but never bought the game to continue the career, between then and the game coming out I lost all enthusiasm. Being in ninth place as Sunderland probably didn't inspire me much.
  • Scirvir 25 Oct 2010 22:51:40 253 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It might be worth waiting to start a proper save anyway, as there's going to be a launch day patch with some data changes (Liverpool getting their new owners for one thing). Those changes don't carry over to existing saves, even though bug fixes do.
  • binky Moderator 25 Oct 2010 22:57:03 9,236 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Va Der Vaart out for 2 months.
    Sigh. New save it is. :-D
  • Deleted user 25 October 2010 23:01:58
    Save often. Makes you feel dirty but sometimes things happen that just take the piss.

I think Liverpool were bought during my time on the demo anyway so I think I'll be able to put up with that.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 25 Oct 2010 23:04:00 9,527 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I preferred the old CM games in which you could whizz through a season pretty quickly. These new ones are a bit too detailed for my liking and I just can't get into it as much as I used to before.
  • Futaba 25 Oct 2010 23:04:18 3,426 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    binky wrote:
    Va Der Vaart out for 2 months.
    Sigh. New save it is. :-D

You think that's bad, back on my first FM08 save I bought Silva for Man Utd for around 44mil, then in his second game for the club he tore some ligament or other and was said to be out for around 6-7 months! I loaded an earlier save then but felt guilty after...

I don't do things like that anymore though (reload saves, not buy expensive players)...

As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a ninja.

• binky Moderator 25 Oct 2010 23:20:35 9,236 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    :-D
  • Captain_Peach 1 Nov 2010 16:10:32 2,852 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So.. 9/10

Good score innit.
  • kalel 1 Nov 2010 16:16:46 83,839 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    I preferred the old CM games in which you could whizz through a season pretty quickly. These new ones are a bit too detailed for my liking and I just can't get into it as much as I used to before.

A lot of people say this, but it's an odd complaint for me, as you can autmate as much as you like and make the game as detailed as you like as a result.
  • Captain_Peach 1 Nov 2010 16:24:52 2,852 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    How come the Football Manager thread is never popular?

I always read about people on this forum playing it. And theres so much to discuss! Tactics, Players, Training routines.

Just seems strange the thread never seems to make it past 2 pages.
  • THFourteen 1 Nov 2010 16:35:23 31,783 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    good question.

the whole thing has got too complicated for me TBH. i sometimes play the PSP version as i can get through a season in an evening.

although with the splashtop/ipad combo i'm tempted
  • heavy_salad 1 Nov 2010 16:58:19 674 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Tbh I've found the last couple of versions a lot more accessible with regards to the tactics and stuff, whilst still retaining the depth.
  • Page

of 31 First / Last