Any NFL fans? Page 16

• Page

of 52 First / Last

• JBlokeUK 13 Feb 2012 12:16:17 2,307 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    MadCaddy13 wrote:
    I hope he does. I'm a major (I only know larry Fitzgerald) cards fan
    My wife has been the same since seeing them in the Super Bowl a few years back vs the Steelers.

The general consensus among the "experts" is that Peyton would be best going to the Dolphins. At least from what I've seen/read.
  • Stickman 13 Feb 2012 12:28:22 29,660 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ideal back-up for Eli in NY.

"Let your brother have a turn Eli."

"But moooom, he only has one ring!"

" LET YOUR BROTHER PLAY!"
  • Clive_Dunn 13 Feb 2012 12:45:14 4,830 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Peyton is done, all the reports seem to be pointing to lasting nerve damage. I think he'd be best off calling it a career now before he gets seriously hurt.

I love the draft, Andrew Luck will go at one to the Colts, he's the hottest qb prospect since John Elway.
  • Captain_America 13 Feb 2012 13:26:56 455 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Clive_Dunn wrote:
    Peyton is done, all the reports seem to be pointing to lasting nerve damage. I think he'd be best off calling it a career now before he gets seriously hurt.

I love the draft, Andrew Luck will go at one to the Colts, he's the hottest qb prospect since John Elway.
    I think RG3 could be fantastic as well. Think someone will be trading up to 2 or 3 to grab him.

Peyton to Dolphins will probably be a no go. He needs to go somewhere with weapons and a good O-Line. Dolphins have neither, they have a good LT and that's it. Arizona has much better pieces for him and they maybe just need an upgrade on the line in the draft.

San Fran (my team but hear me out) would be the best destination for him, it's got the line, running game he's never had, one decent WR and great TE's. However I don't think Harbaugh would be willing to hand over the keys to the entire offense which will make it a no go.

Arizona for Peyton I think and it'll be Montana esq and sad for Indy fans. He'll take them to the playoffs a couple of times, maybe even win a game or two post season, but it'll never be a superbowl appearance.
  • Stickman 13 Feb 2012 14:42:02 29,660 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Do the Colts have a Steve Young to step in though, or are they looking at years back in the doldrums?
  • Captain_America 13 Feb 2012 16:21:14 455 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Andrew Luck or RG3 are all they have to hope for. Hope whoever they pick plays like Cam this year.

I compared it to Montana being sad more because you see your greatest QB playing out his years for another team. Instead of maybe just retiring for the team he made his name for.
  • JBlokeUK 7 Mar 2012 20:19:18 2,307 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So, now that Peyton Manning has officially been released, it'll be very interesting to see where he ends up, if he's not forced to retire?
  • ronuds 7 Mar 2012 20:21:47 21,786 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Who can force him to retire? Well, unless you're saying he doesn't get picked up at all.

They're saying Miami and Washington are the hot cities right now. I think Miami would be better for him - and imagine if he can do what Marino never did there? Still a bit early to say, though.
  • JBlokeUK 7 Mar 2012 20:34:17 2,307 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    When I said 'forced to retire' I meant as in his neck doesn't hold up, although he is slowly getting some arm strength back and looks good throwing the ball.

I actually think Arizona could also be a good fit for him.
  • ronuds 7 Mar 2012 20:40:00 21,786 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't know for sure, but they're talking like the neck injury is already behind him. We'll see.

Arizona would be good too, but they'd have to sell him into thinking he'd have a realistic shot at winning a SB... which I don't think he would. :p
  • ilmaestro 8 Mar 2012 00:13:56 32,636 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Go to the Skins and play his brother twice a year... not convinced.

Watching clips from the press conference was surprisingly moving. I started properly following football the year that Manning started at Tennessee, so my entire time with the game has been spent in part following him.
  • LionheartDJH 19 Mar 2012 21:55:38 19,634 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    JBlokeUK wrote:
    So, now that Peyton Manning has officially been released, it'll be very interesting to see where he ends up, if he's not forced to retire?
    Denver apparently. Didn't follow last season that much so didn't realise the injury was that bad. Colts are my favourite team, not sure what they'll do now, been so reliant on Peyton for so long. Can't do much worse than last season though surely.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 19 Mar 2012 22:10:28 27,560 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Get used to seeing this guy.
  • JBlokeUK 20 Mar 2012 03:20:42 2,307 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah LDJH, the Colts are 99% certain to draft Andrew Luck now who is probably the biggest prospect at the QB position since Peyton Manning.

He's been compared to John Elway as in his style of play, which is not a bad thing at all...
  • LionheartDJH 20 Mar 2012 07:31:49 19,634 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ah I see, guess that was the plan all along. Not all bad then, aside from the amount of puns on his name I imagine the media will use!
  • JBlokeUK 20 Mar 2012 07:36:34 2,307 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The problem is, is that's it's not guaranteed that Luck will be the next Elway, Montana, Marino etc and it will be interesting to see how he does. He certainly has the talent to be great and I think the Colts will build around him in the same way they did with Manning.

Now what happens to Tebow in Denver? Lot of trade talk...
  • JBlokeUK 27 Apr 2012 01:23:33 2,307 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Anyone following the Draft?

Luck went number 1 to the Colts as expected, as did Robert Griffin III going number 2 to the Redskins.

Now it'll get interesting to see what happens in this first round.
  • ilmaestro 27 Apr 2012 03:10:58 32,636 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    There have not been too many crazy picks so far. More than happy with Melvin Ingram for the Chargers in Round 1.
  • JBlokeUK 27 Apr 2012 05:58:30 2,307 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Quite a few trades though in this first round. Never heard of the guy my team picked - Shea McLellin by the Bears.
  • KayJay 27 Apr 2012 06:26:34 5,316 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Okay okay, every year I google it and try to understand the Draft. Still not 100%.

Give it to me in retard.
  • JBlokeUK 27 Apr 2012 06:33:19 2,307 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Players that are drafted are players from College teams.

The 1st overall pick goes to the team with the worst record the season before, the 2nd pick goes to the team with the second worst record the season before and so on...

Picks can be traded between 2 teams as often happens on draft day. The Washington Redskins didn't have the second worst record last season, but offered other draft picks for exchange for the second overall pick which was originally held by the St Louis Rams.

There are 7 rounds overall in each draft also.

Edited by JBlokeUK at 06:36:24 27-04-2012
  • KayJay 27 Apr 2012 06:40:18 5,316 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Okay got it.
    The players. Do they get a choice?
    A guy a attending school in New York, let's say. If he's picked by LA (the other side of the country), does he get to say "No" to LA?
    Or does he just have to go?
  • JBlokeUK 27 Apr 2012 07:07:44 2,307 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Generally no, that player has to go to the city of the team that's drafted him.

Although when Eli Manning was drafted by the San Diego Chargers, he really didn't want to go there so a trade took place that sent Eli Manning to the New York Giants, and the Chargers got Philip Rivers.
  • ilmaestro 27 Apr 2012 08:09:37 32,636 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Pass rush, Pass rush, Pass rush. First round just backed up the idea that that is the number one individual skill requirement in the NFL these days.
  • Gruff 27 Apr 2012 08:23:46 3,065 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Another plunge into mediocrty for the Browns

Trading up one space to pick a RB and picking up a 29 year old QB out of college.

We can't open holes for the RB and we can't protect the mobile QB we have now so we select an drop back QB who will last 3 years max after taking a beating, Led the league in dropped passes last year so that will help.

Feckin Browns
  • JBlokeUK 27 Apr 2012 09:10:11 2,307 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ilmaestro wrote:
    Pass rush, Pass rush, Pass rush. First round just backed up the idea that that is the number one individual skill requirement in the NFL these days.
    There were a lot of pass rushers drafted in the mid-late round this year yes. I guess it's becoming more of a need now that the NFL is more of a 'passing league'.
  • Lamb 4 May 2012 22:20:00 504 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RIP Junior Seau.
  • reddevil93 6 Sep 2012 01:29:36 12,552 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So, em, season kicks off in like a minute
  • StarchildHypocrethes 6 Sep 2012 01:35:57 27,560 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    IT'S FOOTBALL TIME.

I am going to regret this at 7am.
  • BillMurray 6 Sep 2012 01:44:12 8,249 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What? Wait? Where? I'm always completely lost when NFL comes around.
  • Page

of 52 First / Last