The **OFFICIAL** Starcraft 2 Thread Page 2

• Page

of 54 First / Last

• Retry90 27 Jul 2010 11:57:10 78 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    cianchristopher wrote:
    Anyhoo, I picked up the Collector's Edition on my way in to work this morning. Bit mental, as I never really buy collector's editions (well, actually, this is only the third one I've ever bought (GTA IV and Demon's Souls are the others)).

Looking forward to opening it up, the original Starcraft is the only game whose manual I actually enjoyed (I loved the stories on the origins of the three races).

There is no manual in the normal retail, enjoy it :(
  • THFourteen 27 Jul 2010 11:58:37 34,475 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    the box for the normal retail was nice though, like the openout front panel a lot.
  • richispsycho 27 Jul 2010 12:02:23 714 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mingster wrote:
    richispsycho wrote:
    I'm now stuck with the error "no SCII registered to this account" even though I can see it in my Battle.net account. :(

Any ideas?

I've not even installed it yet but have you:
    a: entered your serial code from the boxed version and associated it to your battle.net account.
    b: tried starting up the game and logging on while connected to the internet

Yeah I tried these things, and it wasn't working but I eventually sorted it.

It turns out the box/client/whatever is locked to certain regions. My copy is an EU copy. So went to account management and despite it saying I lived in the UK, I updated it to confirm where I lived. And now it works. Bizarre.
  • mingster 27 Jul 2010 12:47:47 3,307 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    the box for the normal retail was nice though, like the openout front panel a lot.

Yeah that was nice didn't expect that.

I have 2 Guest passes to try the game out if anyone wants them.
  • shamblemonkee 27 Jul 2010 12:50:37 14,661 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Gah I want to be at home and playing, I got mission one done last night.
  • Whizzo 27 Jul 2010 12:53:44 43,370 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    mingster wrote:I have 2 Guest passes to try the game out if anyone wants them.
    I'll take one of those off your hands please, I'm not much of a fan of the original I must admit but I'm prepared to give it a try and see if it converts me.

This space left intentionally blank.

• mingster 27 Jul 2010 13:03:36 3,307 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    I'll take one of those off your hands please, I'm not much of a fan of the original I must admit but I'm prepared to give it a try and see if it converts me.

Ok sent

1 Guest Pass left.
  • mingster 27 Jul 2010 13:05:51 3,307 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    THFourteen... can you post the code please that goes with your Battle.net ID.
    cheers
  • Whizzo 27 Jul 2010 13:09:57 43,370 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Cheers mingster!

This space left intentionally blank.

• mingster 27 Jul 2010 13:12:39 3,307 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    Cheers mingster!

You get 7 hours of game time or 14 days from activation (whichever comes first)
  • sickpuppysoftware 27 Jul 2010 13:17:39 1,354 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    mingster wrote:
    Whizzo wrote:

Ok sent

1 Guest Pass left.
    I'll have one if you don't mind. I don't usually like RTses but want to try a really good one

You cannot stop me with paramecium alone!

• urban 27 Jul 2010 13:19:30 11,070 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Typical, my student flatmates were there to watch me opening the box and snatched the guest passes and ran off :(
  • mingster 27 Jul 2010 13:33:17 3,307 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    sickpuppysoftware wrote:
    mingster wrote:
    Whizzo wrote:

Ok sent

1 Guest Pass left.
    I'll have one if you don't mind. I don't usually like RTses but want to try a really good one

Ok Sent.

None left.
  • THFourteen 27 Jul 2010 13:34:01 34,475 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mingster wrote:
    THFourteen... can you post the code please that goes with your Battle.net ID.
    cheers

will do, have to wait until i get home though, am working :(
    will also have 1 spare guest pass if anyone wants it, mike1592131 asked for one earlier so i'll send the other one to him unless he gets one before i get home from work!
  • Deleted user 27 July 2010 14:03:18
    So when do you think we will see reviews of this? I will no doubt pick it up at some point but I'm interested in watching/reading some reviews until then.
  • THFourteen 27 Jul 2010 14:06:08 34,475 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    i never see the point of not picking things up on launch day

if you wait a month, the hype dies down and people stop playing and realise how shite the game is

wheres the fun in that
  • Deleted user 27 July 2010 14:07:54
    Lol, true.
  • mingster 27 Jul 2010 14:08:49 3,307 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    i never see the point of not picking things up on launch day

if you wait a month, the hype dies down and people stop playing and realise how shite the game is

wheres the fun in that

I actually doubt this will be affected by the 'no people online' multiplayer syndrome that affects most big releases a year down the road.

The main reason i have bought this is it's bound to have on online presense for years.
  • FWB 27 Jul 2010 14:09:31 45,627 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Until the North invades the South.
  • Retry90 27 Jul 2010 14:10:11 78 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The game is really really good, but that is coming from someone who didn't play SC1 so..

From what i've seen so far, and having done about 1/4 of the campaign i'd say its AT LEAST an 8, the online platform is brill though, so easily a 9.
  • Fat_Pigeon 27 Jul 2010 14:21:01 9,852 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    hey, hate to be cheeky

but does anyone have any spare guest passes, and could i have one?

it more to see if it will run on my brothers PC it meets the minimum specs but im not convinced think he will have some framerate issues. be nice to test it out while he's away before i pick it up for his birthday next week.

thanks
  • sickpuppysoftware 27 Jul 2010 14:36:43 1,354 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    mingster wrote:
    sickpuppysoftware wrote:
    mingster wrote:
    Whizzo wrote:

Ok sent

1 Guest Pass left.

Ok Sent.

None left.
    Cheers chief

You cannot stop me with paramecium alone!

• Retry90 27 Jul 2010 15:05:39 78 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fat_Pigeon wrote:
    hey, hate to be cheeky

it more to see if it will run on my brothers PC it meets the minimum specs but im not convinced think he will have some framerate issues. be nice to test it out while he's away before i pick it up for his birthday next week.

thanks

Going to see if any of my RL friends want mine first, but you can have one if they arn't interested.. I'll let you know soon.
  • mingster 27 Jul 2010 15:18:35 3,307 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Retry90 wrote:
    Fat_Pigeon wrote:
    hey, hate to be cheeky

thanks

Going to see if any of my RL friends want mine first, but you can have one if they arn't interested.. I'll let you know soon.

/stealth i have friends post.
  • Fat_Pigeon 27 Jul 2010 15:20:17 9,852 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Retry90 wrote:
    Fat_Pigeon wrote:
    hey, hate to be cheeky

thanks

Thank's, would be very much appreciated
  • Dragul 27 Jul 2010 15:25:57 5,483 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If somebody has one spare code I wouldn't mind receiving it.... :)
  • Retry90 27 Jul 2010 15:54:14 78 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mingster wrote:
    Retry90 wrote:
    Fat_Pigeon wrote:
    hey, hate to be cheeky

thanks

/stealth i have friends post.

Haha, just trying to stroke my ePeen.. all will be revealed when I donate BOTH guest passes :p
  • matrim83 27 Jul 2010 16:26:30 5,597 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ok a "friend" of mine would love to have a trial key/guest pass if anyone has one for spare. He is willing to perform lurid sexual acts in exchange. Nothing is too depraved.

Keep in mind he is ugly as fuck but willing to put a bag on his head.

Thank you.

Valar morghulis.

• matt6666 27 Jul 2010 18:19:43 2,620 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    glol...

Chugging on with the single player and figured I'd have a dabble with online..

Cool, thinking that there is big strategy in build order permutations, but if you have a single strategy, build tanks how battered can I get..

Answer turns out very..

Found this dude called Pietro who had an army of tanks, flying ships that employed stealth technology that I've never seen before and didn't know existed tbh, and transports full of troops..

I had a couple marines, and a dribble of fucking minerals..

Don't take my word for it, here's a picture of the carnage
  • CouldntResist 27 Jul 2010 18:19:52 238 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    27-07-2010 00:00 Gatwick Depot Rerouted to correct depot
    27-07-2010 00:00 Gatwick Depot Parcel missorted
    26-07-2010 23:26 Gatwick Depot Arrived at delivery depot
    26-07-2010 12:49 National Hub Sorted in hub

It astonishes me how often delivery services get things wrong.

I'm not even angry.
  • Page

of 54 First / Last