The **OFFICIAL** Starcraft 2 Thread Page 47

• Page

of 54 First / Last

• Captain_America 25 Nov 2010 15:05:19 429 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Watch your replays when you lose. See why you lost. When you didn't build enough units or when you attacked from a bad angle (this happens a lot as zerg :( ) or you can see if you didn't scout enough.

You learn more from a losing replay than a winning one.
  • disusedgenius 25 Nov 2010 15:12:49 5,284 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Also: Protoss cannon rushes are lame.
  • mumtoucher 8 Dec 2010 15:31:35 265 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    got this code for a free trial with my GTX470. I already have the game;

Enjoy who ever uses it --

SC2AS-UGYU-FFXO-SBRO-JVXL
  • Terrorist 17 Jan 2011 16:37:01 198 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just wondering if any Eurogamer still plays this wonderful RTS ? If yes add me for some fun got bored of all the damn shooters on the xbox 360 ... Gamertag or gamer ID i don't know what ever its called is: Patriot and the number is 117.
  • Sharzam 17 Jan 2011 18:17:24 2,832 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Dont worry about if anyone still plays, its going to be played for a very very long time to come. Personally i completed the excellent campaign then tried the multi player but quickly found out i was very rubbish so would need a lot of time/work, currently trying out the other SC2 (surpreme commander 2)

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• Terrorist 17 Jan 2011 18:29:47 198 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    There is plenty of custom games that kick ass man you should try them :)
  • DrR0b3rts 18 Jan 2011 17:14:57 469 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm still playing - love it. Something's gone wrong though, was winning 80% of the time, just lost 16 of my last 20. Still pegged at top 5 silver.

Watch more than I play though. This GSL has been brilliant viewing.

DrRbrtS #589
  • CouldntResist 19 Jan 2011 23:11:02 228 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Blizzard seriously messed up the custom game selection and ranking system. There are some really good maps out there that simply never see the light of day, and this in turn discourages map makers to try and make new maps.
  • GrandpaUlrira 19 Jan 2011 23:32:31 3,753 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't even know how to download custom maps to try against the AI, and I actually tried searching the website too! How do you access them? I assumed they were viewable via a menu option somewhere...
  • Deleted user 20 January 2011 00:34:49
    They're actually going to start using some custom made maps in the GSL soon (better for the more impressive macro games), so hopefully that'll start getting things going in that department.
  • DrR0b3rts 10 Feb 2011 14:22:48 469 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    GSL team league final was amazing stuff. New maps led to epic long games. Hape they get into the Battle.net rotation asap.

Nestea the definition of 'clutch' to seal the deal.
  • disusedgenius 10 Feb 2011 14:39:18 5,284 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hum. With these here new maps a GOM.tv account is starting to look like a good idea. How are they all working out with your normal 'Korean aggression'/cheese tactics?
  • DrR0b3rts 10 Feb 2011 15:01:59 469 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The finals would be well worth the GOM fee. Can't rememer seeing one SCV rush type nonsense game. Much more room for macro and open ground fighting. Artosis nearly had a stroke he was yelping so much.
  • GrandpaUlrira 9 Apr 2011 10:36:04 3,753 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So the official mods are available. It points me to a page with them. A page without download links. I've since learned that you access them via 'Join Custom Game', but does that mean that I can't download any of the custom maps or mods for offline play? Given how much Blizzard trumpeted Battle.net, they've made it pretty unpenetrable for newcomers and it seems like a bit of a retrograde step, given how much easier it used to be to download maps.
  • Rajin 27 Apr 2011 14:40:39 619 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Looking for a 2vs2 partner, most people on those chat channels seem to have a communication problem since they just don't respond. After a battle i added some people and asked politely whether they were interested, again no awnser.

So i'm trying on eurogamer, perhaps anyone here will respond, even a ''no'' would be a slight improvement:p
  • disusedgenius 27 Apr 2011 14:53:01 5,284 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Aw. I only play 1v1 I'm afraid, but I thought I'd be nice and acknowledge your existence. :)

Maybe try TeamLiquid, they've got a forum for practice partners and things.
  • Rajin 27 Apr 2011 21:11:10 619 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    disusedgenius wrote:
    Aw. I only play 1v1 I'm afraid, but I thought I'd be nice and acknowledge your existence. :)

Maybe try TeamLiquid, they've got a forum for practice partners and things.

There's no harm trying:p

Oh well at least you acknowledge my existence!, i sure hope someone responds within the next 5 days, another dozen didn't awnser or didn't feel like it. I must've scared them somehow by being frank?:p
  • mumtoucher 4 May 2011 10:18:04 265 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hey Rajin, I play 1v1 almost everyday, but would be up for soem 2v2 -- whats your ID?

• Pirotic Moderator 19 Jun 2011 19:48:24 20,646 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Necrobump!

I love this game!

I play a few games every night and would like to step it up to the next level and maybe get a little team playing an evening or so a week (heck, I'd be happy if just one of you guys fancy being my 2v2 buddy).. anybody in the same boat and fancy joining the mighty RoyalFool (163)?

I play random and I'm not too shabby. Platinum on 1v1, but I prefer playing team games. I suspect playing with a consistent group rather than random scrubs will finally let me get out of gold tier, been rank 1 for months now :(

/goes back to playing
  • CouldntResist 19 Jun 2011 20:46:07 228 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'll play some games if you want to get a team going.

Storm - 670. I don't know the 2v2 maps very well however as i mainly play 3v3.
  • Pirotic Moderator 19 Jun 2011 23:16:04 20,646 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ditto. I'll add you tomorrow :)
  • Deleted user 20 June 2011 03:00:41
    Finally caved in and bought this - any advice for a SC MP nub other than don't lose would be appreciated.
  • Sharzam 20 Jun 2011 07:30:23 2,832 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The campaign doesnt really help with MP tactics but it is good fun and does help with understanding some units. i advise to do the solo content (campaign, missions, etc) and then do the MP after. I am not a particularrly great player but i did find the solo stuff good.

Also before your dropped in the deep end the game will give you 'placing' matches these detmine which level/league you start in so dont worry about the fact you will be straight aganist the best.

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• mumtoucher 20 Jun 2011 08:09:24 265 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    hey Pirotic, I play alot, am at the top of gold league 1v1 eagerly awaiting my promotion, I play protoss. Cant remember my number, I'll post it later. Def up for getting a decent team together. Tuesday nights is generally my SC2 night.

Hurble, if you're really up for putting some time in I suggest watching Day9, start with the newbie tuesday.

http://blip.tv/day9tv/day-9-daily-269-newbie-tuesday-how-to-get-into-sc2-4908809

glhf!!
  • Pirotic Moderator 20 Jun 2011 08:57:27 20,646 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The game has a cool tutorial mode which teaches you the rock paper sissors of the mp units. Just do that and play vs easy CPU for a bit, oh and learn to attack move and wall off your base before you play humans :)
  • thegamesthething 20 Jun 2011 11:10:44 1,079 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    HurbleBurble wrote:
    Finally caved in and bought this - any advice for a SC MP nub other than don't lose would be appreciated.

Total Biscuit - how and how not to play for the newbie :

http://www.youtube.com/TotalHalibut#p/c/0/92Rv-s-7rNk

Husky - really good players annhilating each other at several hundred clicks a minute :

http://www.youtube.com/user/HuskyStarcraft

Strategy guide - probably a bit out of date with the numerous patches and balance changes, but a lovely book anyway :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Starcraft-Limited-Strategy-Guide-Brady/dp/0744011612/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1308564606&sr=8-1
  • Deleted user 20 June 2011 12:01:09
    Cheers guys - ace of you. Must admit it's TB's fault I finally caved in having watched hours of his SC2 casts but any and all help is appreciated.

Been testing out a few games versus the AI - Usually T(me)vZ and getting my ass owned simply because I don't hotkey quick enough our pump units out to counter the usual Roach/Zerg build it goes for.

Seems strange too watching the AI's build list which generally seems to be 'Build one of everything' rather than the more directionaly play human players go for.
  • CouldntResist 20 Jun 2011 19:51:05 228 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The AI in SC2 is actually pretty good. It doesn't cheat until you reach insane difficulty, where it gets bonus minerals. On every difficulty it scouts just like a human does and behaves appropriately based on that scouting information.
  • Deleted user 20 June 2011 20:25:17
    I remember that Husky casted an Insane AI Vs Insane AI game once. It was pretty amusing - perfect worker spits, 5000-odd APM and almost exactly the same build. At that level the AI gets mineral bumps and things but otherwise it plays 'fair'.

Though I still remember my introduction to Brood War being my friend's cracked Chinese copy with the most brutal AI I've ever seen. I seem to remember just constantly failing to a conga line of Zealots after about 5-6 minutes.

Oh, and if you're after playing guides - check out some of Day[9] Newbie Tuesday episodes on blip.tv/YouTube. Particularly the ones on game mechanics.
  • Page

of 54 First / Last