Hitman: Absolution Page 41

• Page

of 43 First / Last

• crashVoodoo 26 Dec 2012 11:18:38 3,878 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Woohoo I have this game. Looking forward to it after seeing some videos.

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• WoodenSpoon 26 Dec 2012 15:47:17 12,285 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There'll be tears.
  • crashVoodoo 26 Dec 2012 15:59:57 3,878 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    WoodenSpoon wrote:
    There'll be tears.
    :-/ dont say that.

Edited by crashVoodoo at 16:01:14 26-12-2012

• WoodenSpoon 26 Dec 2012 16:14:29 12,285 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ha, I was mainly just joking, have fun!
  • Lt_Drebin 26 Dec 2012 18:45:28 146 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm about 3/4 hours into this and it's a really strange one. It drives me mad but I can't stop playing. IO have taken such a departure from the old Hitman games with this one, it feels like a Bourne film at times. The graphics really are lovely though :-)
  • Deleted user 26 December 2012 19:42:00
    As someone who hasn't played a hitman game, which is the better to pick up?

Hitman blood money - 14.99 Xbox GOD
    Hitman Absolution - 18.99 amazon
  • andywilkie35 26 Dec 2012 19:43:55 5,338 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've not played one and thought Absolution was superb so that's a great price.

Also Blood Money is in the HD Collection out at the beginning of Feb, along with Hitman 2 and 3 which most online places are selling for 20-25 so might be worth holding off and spending an extra tenner to get another two :)

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• spamdangled 26 Dec 2012 19:46:19 27,276 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    NeverEatYellowSnow wrote:

Probably Blood Money. I love Absolution, but Blood Money is the definitive Hitman game.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Deleted user 26 December 2012 19:56:24
    andywilkie35 wrote:
    I've not played one and thought Absolution was superb so that's a great price.

Also Blood Money is in the HD Collection out at the beginning of Feb, along with Hitman 2 and 3 which most online places are selling for 20-25 so might be worth holding off and spending an extra tenner to get another two :)
    That's a good shout that fella, I'll defo do that. Is hitman 2 and 3 completely different or new games to absolution?
  • Deleted user 26 December 2012 19:57:47
    darkmorgado wrote:
    NeverEatYellowSnow wrote:

Probably Blood Money. I love Absolution, but Blood Money is the definitive Hitman game.
    What do you prefer about blood money than absolution?
  • spamdangled 26 Dec 2012 20:13:53 27,276 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Better level design, more emergent gameplay, and all in all it's a more "puzzley" game, unlike Absolution which has some great levels but also some awful ones, many of the levels don't in fact involve any assassinations, and it plays more like Splinter Cell (which is fine, but a step away from why people love Hitman in the first place).

Also it doesn't have a disguise mechanic that overly limits how you can approach a level, unlike Blood Money which had a far neater system and many more ways to off a target.

Getting a Silent Assassin ranking in Blood Money is a genuinely satisfying experience. In Absolution it's often an exercise in tedium and constant restarts because it often relies on you being clairvoyant and already having knowledge of the layout.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Deleted user 26 December 2012 20:18:41
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Better level design, more emergent gameplay, and all in all it's a more "puzzley" game, unlike Absolution which has some great levels but also some awful ones, many of the levels don't in fact involve any assassinations, and it plays more like Splinter Cell (which is fine, but a step away from why people love Hitman in the first place).

Also it doesn't have a disguise mechanic that overly limits how you can approach a level, unlike Blood Money which had a far neater system and many more ways to off a target.

Getting a Silent Assassin ranking in Blood Money is a genuinely satisfying experience. In Absolution it's often an exercise in tedium and constant restarts because it often relies on you being clairvoyant and already having knowledge of the layout.
    Great.. Thanks for your input, I like the sound of blood money a lot more. Think I'm going to wait for the HD collection before picking this up. There is a demo for blood money on xbl but once downloaded I've never been able to play it as it won't start up!! No idea why
  • spamdangled 26 Dec 2012 21:00:49 27,276 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It flopped? I seem to remember it topping the charts and selling shitloads.

• DuvaDan88 27 Dec 2012 00:49:02 539 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I dont get your point? Far Cry has been out less time and thats all ready 23. Games unless they are the COD and FIFA drop down in price quickly so Hitman is in no way a flop

Xbox, Steam - DuvaDan
    3DS 4639-9278-1687
    Feel free to add me

• WoodenSpoon 27 Dec 2012 01:01:27 12,285 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Get Blood Money, don't encourage IO.
  • crashVoodoo 28 Dec 2012 10:44:01 3,878 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm loving this. Just worked my way up the terminus hotel and met Blake. Nice fellow. Shame about the maid :-)

The thing I'm finding odd is the random clothes change back to his suit. WTF?

• crashVoodoo 28 Dec 2012 21:43:17 3,878 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've hammered the shit out of this today. I've just entered the elevator inside dexter industries. So far I'm really enjoying it. I need to add some of you lot to do some contracts :-)

• MrTomFTW Moderator 1 Jan 2013 21:17:33 37,849 posts
    Seen 13 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hmmmm, I've just completed this (on normal admittedly, I'm not great at these games) and found it to be merely "alright".

Is Contracts worth trying? I'm just thinking I could sell it for a little bit more on Play or Amazon if I said the code was unused.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• oldschoolsoviet 1 Jan 2013 21:19:05 5,460 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The code is worthless, seeing as they abolished the need for it.
  • MrE26 1 Jan 2013 21:53:43 1,930 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's annoying what a missed opportunity this is. Contracts & Blood Money were brilliant but this just isn't Hitman anymore. A couple of levels are great & bring back the classic Hitman feel, but there's just way too much hide & seek stuff for me.

Add in the silly detection mechanic, whereby you're easily spotted by anyone wearing the same clothes as you, even if you're wearing a full suit of fucking armour, & the whole thing is just an exercise in frustration. They seem to have totally missed the point of what made the series popular in the first place.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 1 Jan 2013 22:10:16 37,849 posts
    Seen 13 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    The code is worthless, seeing as they abolished the need for it.
    Really? It prompts me for it when I try to go into that mode.

• oldschoolsoviet 1 Jan 2013 22:50:47 5,460 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What format ? It was certainly withdrawn to avoid an online pass backlash/increase interest. There was a free download available via the PSN store (to remove the requirement) so I'd assume there's an equivalent on Live.

Here.
  • spamdangled 1 Jan 2013 23:04:38 27,276 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've been thinking of how a level editor could be made to be incredibly user-friendly after reading certain forum threads where lots of people said it would be impossible for various reasons, mainly due to the amount of AI needed for NPC and things like that, and it didn't take me long to think of very easy ways that could be simplified for people without coding knowledge.

For example, you could be able to choose from a range of preset AI "personalities" - Policeman, Bodyguard, Bystander, etc that are set up to respond in different ways with other personalities and to how they react to 47's presence within certain ranges, actions, etc (depending on what disguise he is wearing).

Patrol routes could be done simply like they are in an RTS by setting waypoints.

To get targets to do different things in their patrol, you could utilise a sims-style radial menu. Go here - eat food etc, using some sort of parser.

So: Follow these waypoints to the food. Eat for 30 seconds. Follow these waypoints. Stop here for 30 seconds. Follow these waypoints. Use > toilet > 30 seconds. Follow these waypoints. Speak > pedestrian > one minute, etc.

Make a drag and drop interface so you can place scenery, objects, weapons etc, then a tool to create an objective (Kill THIS npc using THIS prop(s)). Give it an import tool as well for things like custom audio files (for conversations) etc and an exporting tool for the final file, and you're good to go.

Sure it would take a lot of work to develop (assuming they don't already use an in-house editor along these lines already), but they could release it as paid-for DLC or something to cover the cost.

I could really see it taking off and greatly extending the lifespan of the game, meaning a longer sales tail.

Edited by darkmorgado at 23:06:07 01-01-2013

• spamdangled 1 Jan 2013 23:06:33 27,276 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Hmmmm, I've just completed this (on normal admittedly, I'm not great at these games) and found it to be merely "alright".

Is Contracts worth trying? I'm just thinking I could sell it for a little bit more on Play or Amazon if I said the code was unused.
    Contracts is great.

• Metalfish 1 Jan 2013 23:14:55 8,818 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dark, do us a favour and boot up the construction set for any of the elder scrolls games. I'm not trying to shit in your pot plants, but it's worth getting a feel for how hard even "user friendly" level-editors usually are. If they've got any degree of "power" they're probably a massive ball-ache user side, and usually way more complicated to make than we punters initially guess.

Of course the real reason you won't see a proper editor (far/crysis games show it can be done) is that the money men think it'll kill paid DLC.
  • Nades 2 Jan 2013 00:07:33 1,205 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @andywilkie35
    Wait a minute! They are releasing a HD collection with the old Hitman games in it? I never knew this! Wow, can't wait to get it now :D

Liverpool FC
    _______

XbL: Nades x
    PSN: iNaades

• spamdangled 2 Jan 2013 01:14:26 27,276 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Metalfish wrote:
    Dark, do us a favour and boot up the construction set for any of the elder scrolls games. I'm not trying to shit in your pot plants, but it's worth getting a feel for how hard even "user friendly" level-editors usually are. If they've got any degree of "power" they're probably a massive ball-ache user side, and usually way more complicated to make than we punters initially guess.

Of course the real reason you won't see a proper editor (far/crysis games show it can be done) is that the money men think it'll kill paid DLC.
    I've tried the TES one that comes with Skyrim and it did baffle me.

I just think there are ways to streamline that stuff to make things easier/ clearer to learn sometimes. I guess it depends on how complex your game is. Skyrim is a open world. Hitman has isolated levels, so I think it would be inherently less complicated to make a user-friendly editor for that reason.

I'm looking at it from a non-techy, player POV though obviously.

Would probably be easier to do this sort of thing in an indiegame inspired by the concept rather than the original, especially if it was isometric, overhead or side-on.

Edited by darkmorgado at 01:22:52 02-01-2013

• MrTomFTW Moderator 2 Jan 2013 07:00:06 37,849 posts
    Seen 13 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    What format ? It was certainly withdrawn to avoid an online pass backlash/increase interest. There was a free download available via the PSN store (to remove the requirement) so I'd assume there's an equivalent on Live.

Here.
    Good man, I shall investigate tonight.

• Page

of 43 First / Last