What did you dream about last night? Page 8

• Page

of 9 First / Last

• sirtacos 28 Jan 2013 22:14:29 7,378 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    (1)

I was visiting ancient ruins in Mexico. We - the tour group and I - were on an underground level of a Mayan pyramid.
    Some of the walls were still covered in gleaming white ceramic tiles with Victorian paintings on them, which the tour guide (a 12 year old) attributed to English settlers who turned the pyramid's lower level into a sewer.
    Suddenly, some creepy children's heads appeared from under a wooden door, grimacing at us.

Then we all piled onto a 'boat' so that our guide could take us around the ancient Mayan canals, which were now the arteries of a bustling Mexican city.
    The boat was actually just an inflatable doughnut with an outboard motor. My legs dangled overboard and my feet were in the water.
    We whizzed around the busy canals for a bit, when I spotted some ominous shadows lurking in the water underneath us. When asked, the tour guide casually remarked "oh, those? Sharks."

We passed by some waterskiing American tourists. We happily waved at each other but my smile froze when I realised a huge grey shape was trailing them.

At one point, the guide killed the motor to point out some local sights. Suddenly, two massive sharks appeared behind us. They were about 10m long, dark brown with mottled black, and had narrow piglike snouts. They seemed to be sniffing around for prey. The guide put his finger up in the air and hissed "Shhhh!". Everyone stared at the leviathans but no one moved a muscle. I froze, but was terrified that the droplets falling from my wet hair would alert the marauding beasts. They glided past us and disappeared around the next bend in the canal. We all breathed a sigh of relief.

(2)

My family and I are celebrating Christmas/New Year's in the garden. It's a beautiful late spring afternoon. All the trees are a lustrous green and the flowers are in full bloom. The moon is already out, hanging enormous in the sky. There's a sweet, light breeze.
    We're all laughing around the dinner table, which we've moved onto the lawn.
    Something in the air, however, is heavy and strange. There's a tightness in my chest - a foreboding feeling - but I do my best to ignore it.

Suddenly, our old radio crackles and hisses. The music cuts out.
    A male voice, reminiscent of those old BBC broadcasts, interrupts the silence. "Attention - this is an emergency announcement. All citizens are requested to evacuate immediately. Repeat, ..."

Without uttering a word, we walk out into the middle of the garden and look up at the sky. The wind has stopped and everything is still, but I see nothing out of the ordinary.
    Suddenly, my sister points up: "there!", she cries. "To the left, right above the moon!"
    In a moment of pure horror, my throat tightens, and I see it: a huge grey meteor.
    The realisation hits me at once: nothing on Earth will survive.

Without warning, I have an out-of-body experience. My perspective violently shifts, almost exploding out of my head, and rockets up into the sky. "I" accelerate until I find myself in space, following the spinning meteor in its downward trajectory towards Earth.
    It's as big as a continent, and is surrounded by small meteorites, none smaller than a city. From up close, I can see all the pockmarks, the creases, the little crags...
    It's moving at an unbelievable pace. Each second I watch, the upper atmosphere looms closer. I'm filled with dread.

Suddenly, I blink and I'm back in my body. I lift my head. The meteor is twice the size of the moon now. I realise that we have only minutes left. Minutes!
    The inevitability is overwhelming. There is no way out. I have never felt so disempowered.

I stagger back towards the house to find my phone. I have to call my gf and tell her I love her. As I look back, my family is still in the garden, transfixed, wordlessly looking up.

Edited by sirtacos at 08:42:36 31-01-2013
  • sirtacos 31 Jan 2013 08:37:35 7,378 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I had another, much less dramatic dream, about being in San Francisco with my father. We're walking up a sloped street and the farther we get, the steeper the hill gets.
    I end up climbing this sheer 90-degree cliff of a street, holding on to the cracks in the concrete with my fingertips, hanging on for dear life.

Finally, I reach the top and end up on a beach. Happy times ensue.

(I think I ate too much last night. Dreams were vivid as fuck.)
  • Deleted user 31 January 2013 08:43:51
    I dreamt that I finally had my super-fast broadband connection and I was tremendously happy. When BT say 13 working days, they mean 3.5 weeks...
  • Maledicta 7 Feb 2013 00:49:34 2 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I had to kill a girl with a large knife as a sacrifice, I didn't want to do it at first but apparently she was fine with it and everyone said I had to do it and so I cut her throat. Another woman caught the blood in a bowl, which I then took and let yet another girl (everyone in this dream seemed to be female for some reasons) drink the first girl's blood. It was like being a member of some weird-ass cult but for some reason it seemed to be very important that I went through with it.
  • Maledicta 7 Feb 2013 00:54:36 2 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The dream I had last night was much more mundane. I wanted to take the elevator in the building where I was living with my boyfriend but the cleaning woman had put all her stuff in it. I took the stairs, only to discover that she had just dumped a lot of garbage on them. Among the garbage were a few things which belonged to me, mostly shower gels, so I picked them up and showed them to my boyfriend back in our apartment. He seemed uninterested, but I opened one of the bottles and smelled it. It was a shower gel for men and had a very pleasant smell.
  • richardiox 7 Feb 2013 01:26:56 5,734 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Your subconscious telling you he's having an affair. With the cleaning woman.
  • krisbums 7 Feb 2013 03:16:59 12 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I dreamt of having my ex boyfriend back to my life, and its really funny at all... hahaha!
  • Madder-Max 7 Feb 2013 13:31:50 11,688 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I dreamt that my 5 year old son had reverted back to age 18 months and was happily swimming around in a massive fish tank. It was from floor to ceiling and he was breathing massive bubbles of air from a big air pump and was very happy and loving it.

I had another one where ny mum and sister were making a meal and I popped out to the shop fully naked with only my quilt. It had been snowing and was very cold underfoot. After being laughed at by many people I got back to the house where sis greated me at the door to say they had finished the meal and had a great time. I had a go at sis and my mum for not ringing me and they were not bothered. Then pops up some bloke I had never met who told me to stop arguing and that he no longer supported me.

I told him to stop being an arrogant judgemental cunt; especially when he did not know me.

Clearly I have issues.

99 problems and being ginger is one

• MetalDog 7 Feb 2013 13:37:43 23,920 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I dreamed I ran out of places to put my iron bastard swords*. I even tried stashing the one in my hand into the hinge of a doorway, but found there were already a couple jammed in there and there was no room.

*I do not own any swords, let alone a bastard sword made entirely out of one solid piece of iron.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• BillMurray 5 Nov 2013 08:04:50 7,909 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dreamt I had a scrap with Shang Tsung last night. He didn't shape shift or anything, just kept doing roundhouse kicks. I still lost though. Even my dream self is shit at fighting.

Edited by BillMurray at 08:05:08 05-11-2013
  • grey_matters 5 Nov 2013 08:55:54 3,863 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Had a dream that I was having a coffee with colleagues (in the lab for some reason) when someone else came over worrying that the microwave transmitter that we had launched into space (wtf?) may not be properly calibrated as he wasn't getting a signal. He was concerned that the benefits of microwave homeopathy might not be realised. The effort of building a sarcastic remark along the lines of "Maybe they switched it off to increase its power" seems to have woken me up.

Bizarre, but entertaining.

/copyrights "microwave homeopathy"
  • Syrette 5 Nov 2013 09:28:40 44,222 posts
    Seen 18 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The poster below me.

• DrStrangelove 5 Nov 2013 21:05:14 4,657 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I dreamt about meeting someone of you in a supermarket, I won an XBox One, and the you guy won a PS4. I thought, well, XB1 isn't too bad, but I knew that God hates me.

Also, Syrette, don't dream about me you perv.
  • quadfather 6 Nov 2013 08:45:40 13,379 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    That I managed to successfully parry and riposte a particularly tricky person in full armour. Think I got over 3000 damage. It zoomed in to show me

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• beastmaster 6 Nov 2013 09:03:39 11,992 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Traffic congestion. Meh!

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• CharlieStCloud 6 Nov 2013 09:08:52 5,530 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I dreamt about black.

... pure inky blackness.
  • Deleted user 6 November 2013 09:10:19
    A doll in a cupboard. Weird.
  • quadfather 6 Nov 2013 09:23:22 13,379 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    A painted doll I'll bet

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Kew1Melon 6 Nov 2013 09:42:36 477 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    My job, I dreamt I had an infinite amount of metal to cut shapes out of...

You have an imagination barrier.

• Deleted user 6 November 2013 09:53:35
    @quadfather ha. You know what I think it was.
  • beastmaster 9 Jan 2014 08:55:21 11,992 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Last night I dreamed I was the pope. I was a casual pope. I was wearing a brown leather aviator jacket which had "Pope Pete" written on the back and wearing sunglasses.

What I was doing at Pontins is anyone's guess...

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Load_2.0 9 Jan 2014 09:20:58 19,670 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Had a dream I was stuck on the tube just short of the stop. However instead of being in a carriage everyone was sat in a line of those plastic green recycling boxes. So we all had to shunt ourselves along to the end of the line.

Got out of the station and hitch hiked with my mate who had mystreriously materialised in the back seat, was meant to be a few hundred metres but ended up being driven by a old ex Army/RAF bloke in tweed and flatcap at ridiculous speeds around some city, dropped us off at completely the wrong pub.

The better dream was about the woman who was trying to convince me she was an ex centrefold! She was!
  • smoothpete 9 Jan 2014 09:22:37 31,826 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    Last night I dreamed I was the pope. I was a casual pope. I was wearing a brown leather aviator jacket which had "Pope Pete" written on the back and wearing sunglasses.
    I need this jacket
  • Deleted user 9 January 2014 09:28:15
    Sex, this is getting rediculous. My brain is telling me something here.
  • TheMayorOfJugs 9 Jan 2014 09:30:31 4,518 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Is this where we page neilka?
  • smoothpete 9 Jan 2014 09:32:15 31,826 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I dreamt about a zombie apocalypse (watched World War Z yesterday). Then the zombies turned into the creatures from Tremors 2.

• Deleted user 9 January 2014 09:34:57
    TheMayorOfJugs wrote:
    Is this where we page neilka?
    No. He had a hot date last night!

Re above post, I've been playing loads of l4d and had a very real dream about it. Was kinda cool n scary.
  • smoothpete 9 Jan 2014 09:44:51 31,826 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I was chatting to a girl at the expo in full zombie makeup. It kinda got me to thinking about weird hot zombie sex. For a zombie she was really quite good looking. Here she is:

Totally would.
  • Syrette 9 Jan 2014 10:02:23 44,222 posts
    Seen 18 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The poster below me.

• Page

of 9 First / Last