of 35 First / Last

• Cappy 8 Feb 2013 11:57:48 12,118 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thanks a lot chaps! :-)

PM impending.
  • Deleted user 8 February 2013 12:08:52
    HiddenAway wrote:
    @joelstinton I've got a feeling that it's more likely to be a Merit Card reward later on so I'm not going after anything unless it's for an errand.

Don't remind me about that banana quest though. I captured it, finished the side quest, quit without saving later on (went to an area where the monsters were too powerful) then spent 40 minutes re-doing the quest without success.

Quit the game, loaded save again, captured on the first attempt -_-
    ha how it often works! got a nice reward from it though, can not metamorph my green fairy thing!
  • bbvDJC 8 Feb 2013 15:15:13 1,766 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Started the game this morning, I've managed maybe three or so hours and I'm really liking it, the start was really slow but it's picking up now.

Had to turn it off to go to work but can't wait to get stuck in again later!
  • Mr_Sleep 8 Feb 2013 15:46:11 17,383 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    HiddenAway wrote:
    @joelstinton I've got a feeling that it's more likely to be a Merit Card reward later on so I'm not going after anything unless it's for an errand.

Don't remind me about that banana quest though. I captured it, finished the side quest, quit without saving later on (went to an area where the monsters were too powerful) then spent 40 minutes re-doing the quest without success.

Quit the game, loaded save again, captured on the first attempt -_-
    I never managed it, I spent an age grinding them and not one dropped. It was painful. I gave up in the end. I assume that it's not the ones on the top of the cliffs that are required? It's just the normal ones in the desert, yes?

You are a factory of sadness.

• Humperfunk 8 Feb 2013 15:48:37 2,500 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yep normal one in the desert. Has a 6% chance of being recruited apparently. According to my stats, had to kill 60 before I got him.

Seen some people online say they haven't got him after killing 150+ and some getting him first or second time.

edit: think he wants the yellow one but accepts the green one...

Edited by Humperfunk at 15:49:30 08-02-2013

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• Deleted user 8 February 2013 15:49:49
    I snagged one in the dessert. I reckon it took me 20 fights ish to eventually get one- interestingly derwin said that they not the finest speciman his seen or something, so those ones up in the cliffs could snag you a better reward, not sure though.
  • Deleted user 8 February 2013 15:54:09
    @Humperfunk how do you check your stats?
  • Deleted user 8 February 2013 15:56:32
    NM found it, apparently i have fought 27 of them, so yeah, 20 of them i reckon ish to get one.

For those wanting to check its all in the telling stone.

Edited by joelstinton at 15:57:18 08-02-2013
  • Humperfunk 8 Feb 2013 17:30:47 2,500 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Sorry Joel mate, only just seen your post!

Haven't been able to play for a few days. Planning a weekend of playing it non stop while sitting in my pants.

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• Cappy 9 Feb 2013 11:04:17 12,118 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Postie just dropped Ni no Kuni through the door, thanks again to Venatio and PrivateFloyd, I hope GAME get his copy to him soon.

I can't wait for this evening so I can get stuck in.
  • ZuluHero 9 Feb 2013 13:02:11 4,307 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Venatio wrote:
    PrivateFloyd wrote:
    Actually give it to Cappy, mine will come eventually.
    That's good of you. :)

Cappy, can you PM me with your address, please?
    This is why I love eurogamer. Hope you enjoy it Cappy :)
  • PrivateFloyd 9 Feb 2013 15:27:23 4,189 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    The Postie just dropped Ni no Kuni through the door, thanks again to Venatio and PrivateFloyd, I hope GAME get his copy to him soon.

Bastards that they are still not delivered it!

Oh well, hope you enjoy it Cappy. I have Dead Space 3 to get stuck in too anyway.

Goat is hungry.....

• DaM 9 Feb 2013 16:44:29 13,529 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    PrivateFloyd wrote:
    Cappy wrote:

Oh well, hope you enjoy it Cappy. I have Dead Space 3 to get stuck in too anyway.
    You should live somewhere more central like Glasgow ;)
  • Short-Round 9 Feb 2013 17:07:17 1,181 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's in stock at Zavvi. I've ordered it, even though I couldn't work out the demo (there doesn't seem to be a tutorial, just throws you into the two levels).

Combat seemed annoying, like it's real-time but doesn't pause when you bring up the menu, and though it seemed like you could move around the battlefield freely, it was a pain getting the character to move at all, like he was fixed in to a small zone directly facing the enemy (just moving left or right didn't seem easy). In the end I just ended up hitting x repeatedly. Haven't played an rpg in years, so maybe they're all like this now :/

And there doesn't seem to be much voice-acting (was looking forward to the Welsh bloke you guys keep raving about).
  • NewbieZilla 9 Feb 2013 18:21:37 239 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I looked up about the babana bunch and how to capture them. It worked my first time trying it. From how it was described and worked for me was switching between the party members and have them use all the familiars.

It seems to follow the logic of it being a bunch, it is impressed by seeing a bunch of familiars. Give it a go, as I say it worked for me. Anyway, any one else here clear it?
  • Zackv4861 9 Feb 2013 18:50:00 1,138 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yes i cleared it. I think it's just random they all are. I watched that video too but i don't think it's correct. They have a tame rate of  6% which is pretty low. The main issue i has was chasing the damn things as they ran away as i was too strong
  • NewbieZilla 9 Feb 2013 19:01:38 239 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Zackv4861 wrote:
    Yes i cleared it. I think it's just random they all are. I watched that video too but i don't think it's correct. They have a tame rate of  6% which is pretty low. The main issue i has was chasing the damn things as they ran away as i was too strong
    I was trying for hours, then got it first go trying that method. Lots of other people posted in the comments with similar stories. I'm inclined to go with the evidence, and the evidence points to the method working.
  • PrivateFloyd 9 Feb 2013 19:43:51 4,189 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DaM wrote:
    PrivateFloyd wrote:
    Cappy wrote:

You should live somewhere more central like Glasgow ;)
    You are never going to let that go are you?!

:-P

Goat is hungry.....

• Zackv4861 9 Feb 2013 21:46:21 1,138 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    NewbieZilla wrote:
    Zackv4861 wrote:
    I was trying for hours, then got it first go trying that method. Lots of other people posted in the comments with similar stories. I'm inclined to go with the evidence, and the evidence points to the method working.
    Lol. Ok. Well i also tried it many times before i did the errand and it never worked i killed 165 before being able to tame one. There's a site which explains the % tame rate out there but on my mobile so can't link it. I'm not stopping anyone from trying though if it makes them feel better.
  • Cappy 10 Feb 2013 11:08:26 12,118 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm enjoying Ni ni Kuni so far.

I cleared the first town, all currently available quests and side quests done, enemies run away at the sight of me on the field which was obviously my cue to leave. I'll be exploring the second town this evening.

I have a feeling I'll be picking up my first additional party member soon, my JRPG Spider Sense is usually on the nose.
  • Short-Round 10 Feb 2013 12:10:23 1,181 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is it normal for Zavvi to send games out via a courier instead of Royal Mail these days? Ordered this yesterday (it was £34.99, but with a Birthday code they sent me, got it down to £30.81), and this morning they've sent me a dispatch email, with a link to DPD tracking.
  • the_dudefather 10 Feb 2013 13:33:03 9,418 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    About 12 hours in, this game sure likes surprise boss battles

Sure going into an obvious arena is one thing...but Rusty's nightmare and the alchemy genie caught me by surprise!

Really enjoying it so far

(ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

• Restart 10 Feb 2013 13:53:20 4,906 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So... Is it just me, or when Mr. Drippy casts "Tidy Tears" does he shout "Abra–ca–fucking–dabra!"
  • Zackv4861 10 Feb 2013 15:02:26 1,138 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah those two bosses caught me by surprise managed to scrap through the genie one just about.

I thought Mr Drippy said something like that at first obviously it's flipping not f**king.lol
  • Mr_Sleep 10 Feb 2013 15:59:52 17,383 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    In regards of that Babana beasty, I took the advice and swapped between my party members and indeed, I managed to get one in no time at all, I think it might have been the first one! After about half an hour or so of grinding them before I feel a bit odd.

I then promptly went to the blokey to get my reward and was told that I need to bring one of the turnbandits. I thought that was odd but of course I had metamorphised the one I did have! So then I had to farm for one of those!

I must say, I'm up to the second tier of merit badges and the game is clicking more and more now. The second tier also seems to have a whole bunch of useful stuff.

• the_dudefather 10 Feb 2013 16:22:57 9,418 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Do you have to claim all the merit rewards to get the next tier?

Want to grab that useless jump ability, but not sure if I should waste the merit point

(ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

• Mr_Sleep 10 Feb 2013 16:24:18 17,383 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    the_dudefather wrote:
    Do you have to claim all the merit rewards to get the next tier?

Want to grab that useless jump ability, but not sure if I should waste the merit point
    Yep, you need all in one tier to jump to the next.

• Trafford 10 Feb 2013 16:27:49 5,972 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You can use jump in combat, it's not totally useless.
  • the_dudefather 10 Feb 2013 16:39:47 9,418 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ah cool, cheers

(ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

• Trafford 10 Feb 2013 16:52:00 5,972 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I was playing a lot with Blocky last night.
    The stone slab with Dame Edna glasses.
    What a tank.
  • Page

of 35 First / Last