• HiddenAway 16 Jun 2010 01:30:56 14,996 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    More to come...

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Retroid Moderator 16 Jun 2010 01:33:25 45,310 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I don't know what it is yet but I know I want it.
  • Psychotext 16 Jun 2010 01:42:13 55,032 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Will keep an eye on this.
  • Scimarad 16 Jun 2010 05:34:53 8,636 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    They can sell me anything after Flower...
  • jellyhead 16 Jun 2010 08:07:07 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'll keep my eye on it but online, blech.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• toy_brain 16 Jun 2010 08:15:35 1,256 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Should have been shown at the Press conference IMO. Looks lovely.
    I'm hoping the online stuff takes cues from Demon's Souls.
  • Ged42 16 Jun 2010 08:46:38 7,807 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    /Takes one look... SOLD!

Reminds me of Shadow of the Colossus a bit, in the sense of a huge landscape dotted by ancient and mysterious ruins.
  • Deleted user 16 June 2010 08:52:28
    jellyhead wrote:
    I'll keep my eye on it but online, blech.

/Agrees with this
  • Red-Moose 16 Jun 2010 08:56:32 5,345 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ged42 wrote:
    /Takes one look... SOLD!

Reminds me of Shadow of the Colossus a bit, in the sense of a huge landscape dotted by ancient and mysterious ruins.

sort of reminded me of a 3D Another World mixed with SotC. Looks very interesting.
  • taurus82 16 Jun 2010 09:18:33 328 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's so beuuutyfuulll.

PSN: taurus82
    Twitter: 17taurus82

• Ged42 16 Jun 2010 09:22:24 7,807 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Aparrently is was leaked early according to Jenova Chen's (is that his real name?) Twitter. With the official announcement coming on Thursday.

Factsheet nicked from NeoGaf

Journey™
    FACT SHEET

Platform: PlayStation®3 system
    Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC
    Developer: thatgamecompany
    Rating: “RP” for “Rating Pending”
    Release: 2011

OVERVIEW

The pioneers that brought you the award-winning PlayStation®Network titles flOw & Flower® are back with another title that challenges traditional gaming conventions. With Journey, thatgamecompany (TGC) continues its tradition of delivering simple gameplay and accessible controls in a rich interactive environment that invites players to explore and experience emotional chords that are still uncommon in video games.

An exotic adventure with a more serious tone, Journey presents TGC’s unique vision of an online adventure experience. Awakening in an unknown world, the player walks, glides, and flies through a vast and awe-inspiring landscape, while discovering the history of an ancient, mysterious civilization along the way.

Journey’s innovative approach to online play encourages players to explore this environment with strangers who cross their path from time to time. By traveling together, they can re-shape the experience – creating authentic moments they will remember and discuss with others.

KEY FEATURES
    INTUITIVE CONTROLS AND EXPERIENCE –Players with differing skill levels and/or moods can experience the game at their own pace.
    LUSH AND EXPANSIVE ENVIRONMENTS – Grand landscapes filled with dynamic sand and cloth. Fully simulated sand dunes ripple and slide as players move across them.
    FRESH ONLINE ADVENTURE – Players explore a mysterious world, discovering its hidden history. People are free to travel alone, or adventure with strangers that they meet along the way
  • smoothpete 16 Jun 2010 09:51:38 31,828 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Aw I was all excited but it's not out till 2011 :(
  • Retroid Moderator 16 Jun 2010 10:11:00 45,310 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    toy_brain wrote:
    Should have been shown at the Press conference IMO. Looks lovely.
    I'm hoping the online stuff takes cues from Demon's Souls.
    There's a whole range of stuff which wasn't shown at either Sony's or MS' conferences.
  • VandelayIndustries 18 Jun 2010 01:40:28 1,523 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The inspiration behind the game.

In today’s society, man is powerful – We can travel at 60 mph; we can fly; we can connect with just about anyone, anywhere, at anytime. But on the street, people pass by each other ignoring the wonderful existence of other beings. We are overwhelmed by the attention needed to gain and execute our own power – just like we are in most video games. While we are doing that, we can become isolated and insecure deep inside our mind.

On the contrary, when we are hiking in the wild, we become tiny and weak again. These feelings make every other person we encounter much more important and enjoyable. We greet them, giving them genuine and useful help. We might travel together for a period, learn from and rely on each other. Struggling against the dangerous nature together, somehow, makes us warm and powerful inside. (This doesn’t make any rational sense, but somehow that’s how I feel. And I’m sure many of us do.) While most video games offer the sense of empowerment in the online gaming experience, we felt the player will pay more attention to the other players if they are less distracted by the power, and the online gaming experience will be quite unique if it carries the feeling of awe towards the unknown.

In a world where the majority of the players are distracted by technology, evoking a sense of awe and mystery could be very refreshing and powerful.
    Jenova Chen

PSBlog

Looks lovely and I wonder how the online will work. I'm thinking along the lines of Demon's Souls, random encounters, limited communication (voice chat will kill the mood I think).

• Fletche 18 Jun 2010 07:47:41 3,418 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sounds awesome, suggests that there will be a lot of secrets to find and I love the whole "Mysterious ancient civilisations" scenario, they do could a lot with this and being thatgamecompany it will be something different to what we would probably expect.

I think the whole leaving of messages aka Demon Souls would work best with maybe some physical gestures (Move perhaps?)
  • Ged42 18 Jun 2010 07:50:53 7,807 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sounds epic, this so should have been a big announcement at the Sony press conference, Sony really needed something like this in that line up.

I keep imagining the Terra's theme from Final Fantasy VI when I see those screenshots.
  • Fletche 18 Jun 2010 12:55:28 3,418 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    IGN preview no voice chat:

The left stick maneuvers your humanoid character around the desert. There are only two buttons to worry about: one to jump and one to call or sing. Chen explained that the singing is a way for you to communicate to other players without words. You can tap the sing button for short sounds or hold it down for longer tones. Sixaxis tilt controls are used to look around.

You may find some problems easier to tackle with a partner, but you'll have to find non-verbal ways of communicating because voice chat won't be available. thatgamecompany wants to keep interactions anonymous. The people you meet won't display a PSN name and won't necessarily be from your friends list.

• morriss 18 Jun 2010 12:56:37 71,286 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    pseudo-Japanese Ico-ripoff emo nonsense!

Bah!

(why don't they go multiplat the fuckers!)
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 18 Jun 2010 12:58:11 14,034 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Having no voice chat is good in my opinion. :)
  • Fletche 18 Jun 2010 12:59:10 3,418 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I agree, would be like if you landed on a distant planet and had to use non-verbal to communicate (Enemy Mine anyone?)
  • Deleted user 18 June 2010 18:58:47
    oooooh this sounds like it could be the best game (not developed by Team Ico) ever :o

Shame it's not out 'til next year ;_;
  • LockeTribal 18 Jun 2010 19:02:42 4,539 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Don't stop
    Believing!
    Hold on to that feeeeellliiinnng!
  • Ged42 13 Nov 2010 11:44:02 7,807 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyone happen to be in LA/Santa Monica next week?

There's a playtest of Journey, hopefully there will be some good play descriptions and sneaky cams on youtube afterwards.
  • HiddenAway 10 Dec 2010 15:39:35 14,996 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm surprised no-one linked to this trailer in the thread yet...

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Fletche 10 Dec 2010 15:47:10 3,418 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    One of my most anticipated titles of next year
  • TechnoHippy 10 Dec 2010 15:52:21 14,716 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Lovely music, this may well be the second game to get played on my PS3.

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Deleted user 10 December 2010 17:30:35
    Fletche wrote:
    One of my most anticipated titles of next year
  • Cappy 10 Dec 2010 17:36:31 12,118 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I hope we see a release date soon.

I'd love to see a nicely packaged collected disc release of Flow, Flower and Journey at some point also.

Why don't more developers make the odd game for adults?
  • frugtkompot 11 Dec 2010 10:44:28 2,819 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That looks really beautiful and interesting. I hope the gameplay is more engaging than Flower, which I thought was a joy to play and very relaxing, but ultimately also a little unengaging, which means I haven't really been back to it since the first week.

They're also covering this in this weeks' GameTrailers TV, where the designers are talking about the social aspect of the game, and apparently there'll be multiplayer in some form integrated into the game. It says "you can choose to follow others around" or something like that.
  • M_of_the_sys 11 Dec 2010 12:25:07 1,154 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Trailer looks great and I loved flow and flower but does anyone know what this game is about yet?
  • Page

of 16 First / Last

Previous