The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Page 75

• Page

of 85 First / Last

• Deleted user 8 May 2012 10:02:37
    Razz, no issues on my projector, what are you using for VGA? I played SS via Component in 480p and it was lovely.
  • Razz 8 May 2012 10:09:45 60,770 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've got one of those custom jobbies, does PS3 to VGA too. The screen size sorted it out though. My eyesight isn't the best, actually it's rather bad (I have keratoconus) so it was likely more me than anything else :)

Does this game use the sensor bar? It seems to use the WM+ exclusively o_O

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• Deleted user 8 May 2012 10:12:08
    Ah, probably an issue with all those conversions and scalings you've got going on.

The game only seems to use the sensor bar to centre now an then. You can play the whole thing without even pointing at the screen as you can centre wherever you want, which is cool :D
  • vyseofhr 8 May 2012 10:18:05 818 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Kay wrote:
    Yeah, SS is a bit short on decent sidequests - there's really only one major one that ties everything together. There's a few interesting islands to visit in the sky, but overall it's more sparse than even WW was. TP was the same really, only difference is it also had a massive lifeless overworld to roam around in.
    See with TP at least there was fishing, the game with the fruit etc, I don't think that apart from the mole game I've found a single sub-game yet. Sad.

Well I haven't found the major sub-quest yet I don't think, at least that's something to look forward to. I think the subquest stuff is something that Nintendo should really look backwards to to go forwards so to speak; OoT and especially Majora's Mark seem absolutely crammed with distractions by comparison, and those distractions are one of my favourite Zelda traits.

NNID: vyseofhr
    PSN ID: vyseofhr
    3DS Friend Code: 0387-8875-0494

• mrpon 8 May 2012 10:22:47 28,455 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There are lots of mini-games, just have to hunt them out.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• vyseofhr 8 May 2012 10:30:00 818 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well that's encouraging. Perhaps I should spend a little RnR time after I complete this temple then.

NNID: vyseofhr
    PSN ID: vyseofhr
    3DS Friend Code: 0387-8875-0494

• Razz 8 May 2012 11:08:06 60,770 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Is it just me or is the Pumpkin Island music mini game impossible?

• Deleted user 8 May 2012 11:09:30
    The throwing thing? Piece of piss mate, you're shit

/points at razz!!
  • Kay 8 May 2012 11:35:48 17,761 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think Razz means that singalong thingy, which did seem a bit random to me - can't remember what you get for it though, if you get anything at all.

vyseofhr wrote:
    Kay wrote:
    Yeah, SS is a bit short on decent sidequests - there's really only one major one that ties everything together. There's a few interesting islands to visit in the sky, but overall it's more sparse than even WW was. TP was the same really, only difference is it also had a massive lifeless overworld to roam around in.
    See with TP at least there was fishing, the game with the fruit etc, I don't think that apart from the mole game I've found a single sub-game yet. Sad.

Well I haven't found the major sub-quest yet I don't think, at least that's something to look forward to. I think the subquest stuff is something that Nintendo should really look backwards to to go forwards so to speak; OoT and especially Majora's Mark seem absolutely crammed with distractions by comparison, and those distractions are one of my favourite Zelda traits.
    There's nothing as fully-fleshed as the fishing mini-game from TP, true, but there are a couple of fun little mini-games (the skydiving being a highlight).

As for the major sidequest, it's actually very Majora's Mask-esque - I'm surprised you haven't yet triggered it, considering how far you are in the game. Have you found a certain missing little girl, by any chance? Not, btw, the one that the whole game is about...
  • Razz 8 May 2012 11:43:43 60,770 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah the singalong, the strumming motion seems to spaz out every now and then, i.e. I'll swoop to the left and hold but link will sort of move to the right a bit again, almost centre, obviously playing bum notes along the way and vice versa. :( Very annoying.

• Razz 8 May 2012 11:48:36 60,770 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The music in the mining facility is awesome btw. Favourite so far!

• Deleted user 8 May 2012 11:50:16
    Steaming through this aren't ya?
  • Razz 8 May 2012 12:04:02 60,770 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It's a Lovefilm rental, and I really want to play The Witcher 2 and Mass Effect 3 and they're next to come once I send this back. Also loads of 3DS stuff I want to play too. I've actually given up watching TV so I can game more lol

Also, let's face it, it's a Zelda game. It's not very hard. Actually no, it is quite tricky but Nintendo has a great nack of subtly leading you in the right direction in dungeons. But the constant hand holding in overground sectinos is a bit annoying. "F**K OFF! I KNOW MY BATTERIES ARE RUNNING OUT!" has been shouted many times.

• Toonster 24 May 2012 04:34:39 6,835 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    About to head to the sixth dungeon... thoughts so far.

- Loads of fun... the swordplay is finicky at first, but overall it's very satisfying.
    - Art direction is beautiful.
    - Flying around is meh... not much to do in the sky, and barely holds a candle to the oceans of WW.
    - I enjoy upgrading and collecting the insects/stones, but I hate how the game needs to remind you what you've caught and cut to a shot of your inventory almost every time you pick something up.
    - Fi looks amazing visually but she's basically Navi except with less personality and more annoying.
    - FUCKING TEAR VESSEL TRIALS AAAAGGGGGHHHH

Still awesome, though. Like most Zelda games, it's very endearing. You can't help being swept away with the world/characters/brilliant dungeons. Not the best Zelda, but still top-notch

Edited by Toonster at 05:03:44 24-05-2012

3DS: 0361-6951-2609 (Tom)

• Armoured_Bear 24 May 2012 08:31:39 10,282 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Toonster wrote:
    About to head to the sixth dungeon... thoughts so far.

- Loads of fun... the swordplay is finicky at first, but overall it's very satisfying.
    - Art direction is beautiful.
    - Flying around is meh... not much to do in the sky, and barely holds a candle to the oceans of WW.
    - I enjoy upgrading and collecting the insects/stones, but I hate how the game needs to remind you what you've caught and cut to a shot of your inventory almost every time you pick something up.
    - Fi looks amazing visually but she's basically Navi except with less personality and more annoying.
    - FUCKING TEAR VESSEL TRIALS AAAAGGGGGHHHH

Still awesome, though. Like most Zelda games, it's very endearing. You can't help being swept away with the world/characters/brilliant dungeons. Not the best Zelda, but still top-notch
    I agree with all of this but Fi is a million times more intrusive and annoying than Navi, the handholding and lack of exploration in this almost ruins the game.
    Thankful the art direction, dungeon design and combat are top notch.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• roz123 24 May 2012 09:28:18 7,112 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, if you hack your Wii there are ways of removing Fis constant chatter using codes, my Wii is hacked but I never used them and I regretted it afterwards especially because bugs are near useless

Great game despite that
  • Youthist 24 May 2012 09:33:12 10,010 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah no real collection side quests that mean anything or give you anything decent. Collecting bugs and treasures is pretty much a waste of time. The genius of something like Wind Wakers figurine hunt was also sorely lacking.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• Razz 24 May 2012 09:44:50 60,770 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Agreed, Fi is very annoying. The hand holding is quite insulting to some degree, one particular annoyance is when your Wii Remote batteries are low and Nintendo seems to think it's ok to remind you every 5-10 minutes.

• Razz 24 May 2012 09:45:47 60,770 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Oh and every oppourtunity I have to leave the sail and let Link fall on his stupid face, I take it. muwhahaha!

• mikew1985 24 May 2012 10:01:10 12,604 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    I wish gaming meant so much to me that I could muster up utter hatred for something I disagree with like that.
    Well to be fair I do think the game is very good and have said so on numerous occasions. I don't see how motion really enhances this. Its wonderful at points but is at times too much of a reminder of the disappointment and inaccuracy of motion control.

It IS the best implementation of motion control in any proper game to date however that doesn't make it perfect or even more enjoyable than a game using standard controls.

Edit: and let's face it if Nintendo can't master the implementation of motion controls, nobody will.

Edited by mikew1985 at 10:02:29 24-05-2012
  • roz123 24 May 2012 10:19:30 7,112 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I liked attacking cats and throwing them off skyloft because it annoyed my girlfriend and stabbing pumpkins to fling them at people.
  • CosmicFuzz 24 May 2012 10:30:01 23,241 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm about 11 hours in, just finished the third temple. Loving it! Is a joy to play, the art style is great and the mini-dungeons to get to each temple are better than running across a map.

Fi is fine I think, not too intrusive so far. Is a bit annoying when you get told what something is you've picked up again and again, and the low health beeping is annoying as ever. But the collecting stuff to upgrade items is great, and the controls are great.

Looking for a new gaming podcast to listen to? LOOK NO FURTHER!

• Deleted user 24 May 2012 10:30:35
    :D
  • Youthist 24 May 2012 12:29:18 10,010 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Upgrading items and collecting cash was all a bit pointless thought wasn't it?

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• Deleted user 24 May 2012 13:29:59
    Dunno, upgrading shields and stuff was needed, can't remember.
  • mikew1985 24 May 2012 13:32:45 12,604 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yea upgrading the shield was pretty useful.
  • Razz 24 May 2012 14:02:13 60,770 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Some of the items are pretty rare though, opr I haven't reached the area where they are in abundance yet. i.e. I thuoght the tumbleweed was rare until I got to the desert and they respawn every few seconds, I spent almost an hour there just stockign up on them

• CosmicFuzz 24 May 2012 14:08:20 23,241 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Where do you get the bug net from? I seem to have missed it.

Looking for a new gaming podcast to listen to? LOOK NO FURTHER!

• Brave_Dave 24 May 2012 14:09:58 109 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    From the airship guy ain't it?
  • mrpon 24 May 2012 14:14:28 28,455 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Speaking of which, anyone with kids play this? Then you'll recognise the total steal from Nintendo here.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Page

of 85 First / Last