Amanda Knox Innocent or guilty?

  • Page

    of 14 First / Last

    Previous
  • TheHammerite 6 Jun 2010 15:06:49 1,511 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So Amanda Knox is to be tried for slander against the Italian police who interveiwed her. I've been reviewing a lot of the evidence in this case and I just cant see how her and her boyfriend ended up being found guilty, the evidence is so weak.

    Does anyone actually think she's guilty? And if so why?
  • heyyo 6 Jun 2010 15:10:05 14,373 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The fact she's pretty is clouding your reasoning perhaps? Would be helpful if you post some evidence as its a bit of a mission to search for evidence just for one reply.
  • ecureuil 6 Jun 2010 15:10:20 76,722 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I thought this case closed months ago? I think she did it, but the evidence wasn't sufficient to convict her for it.
  • MrCarrot 6 Jun 2010 15:11:47 3,516 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    I thought this case closed months ago?

    The murder case did, yeah. The Italian police are taking her to court for some of the stuff she said in evidence.
  • TheHammerite 6 Jun 2010 15:13:36 1,511 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    I thought this case closed months ago? I think she did it, but the evidence wasn't sufficient to convict her for it.

    Thats my point, if people actually look at the evidence against her they will realise its paper thin. I cant see why anyone would think she did it based on the evidence. She may be daft, but she's no killer imo
  • Lukus 6 Jun 2010 15:15:46 19,050 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Do you really expect many people to go searching for all the case notes? Post some stuff if you want any proper discussion, as heyyo says.

    Paintings & Photographs

  • ecureuil 6 Jun 2010 15:16:44 76,722 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    She's not daft, she's snide and sneaky and knows what she's doing. Her testimonies are really sketchy and she's clearly a bit of a nasty piece of work.
  • Dirtbox 6 Jun 2010 15:20:59 77,701 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    A ghost did it.

    +1 / Like / Tweet this post

  • Deleted user 6 June 2010 15:21:21
    How come we don't have these threads for every other murder trial in the world?
  • sport 6 Jun 2010 15:21:35 12,694 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    She's not daft, she's snide and sneaky and knows what she's doing. Her testimonies are really sketchy and she's clearly a bit of a nasty piece of work.

    Like all women! /o\
  • Jackface 6 Jun 2010 15:21:43 3,736 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So, you're asking if any of us EG-ers, who weren't there, have never met her, haven't been in court, haven't reviewed the evidence in full for ourselves, think she did it.

    This thread has been marked as completely pointless and will now be locked. Thanks for taking part!
  • thelzdking 6 Jun 2010 15:24:23 4,367 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    She is hot. She is a murderer. She is a hot murderer.

    Don't know whether she did it or not.
  • heyyo 6 Jun 2010 15:26:44 14,373 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    How come we don't have these threads for every other murder trial in the world?

    Because of this
  • Lukus 6 Jun 2010 15:28:10 19,050 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hot murderers will do anything in bed. I say let her off and relocate her to where I live.

    Paintings & Photographs

  • heyyo 6 Jun 2010 15:31:25 14,373 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pretty sure she'd kill you in bed Lukus , you know like in Goldeneye ;)
  • Khanivor 6 Jun 2010 15:56:30 40,535 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I can only suppose there's no such thing as reasonable doubt in Italy.
  • Lukus 6 Jun 2010 16:02:38 19,050 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    heyyo! wrote:
    Pretty sure she'd kill you in bed Lukus , you know like in Goldeneye ;)

    Due to the desensitisation process I've been putting myself through with my strictly adhered to regime of ever increasingly disturbing internet smut, that's pretty much the only way I can achieve sexual gratification now.

    Paintings & Photographs

  • ecureuil 6 Jun 2010 16:03:55 76,722 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    I can only suppose there's no such thing as reasonable doubt in Italy.

    I don't think there is, no. That's why I said I don't think she should have been found guilty.

    I seem to remember reading that back when the trial was taking place.
  • Khanivor 6 Jun 2010 16:05:32 40,535 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I guess the police really don't like her as, IIRC it was things she said to them and did in her presence which was the only 'evidence' they had against her.
  • Katsumoto 6 Jun 2010 16:06:19 1,358 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm still pretty sure the jury in that trial had a far better grip on the facts and the relevant evidence than anyone else in the world. I remember being pretty wound up about how she DEFINITELY WASN'T GUILTY, according to people who were relying on Fox News.

    (edit: that sounds pretty snidy and annoying. Imagine I said that in a really nice way!)
  • TechnoHippy 6 Jun 2010 16:09:08 14,707 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Lukus wrote:
    heyyo! wrote:
    Pretty sure she'd kill you in bed Lukus , you know like in Goldeneye ;)

    Due to the desensitisation process I've been putting myself through with my strictly adhered to regime of ever increasingly disturbing internet smut, that's pretty much the only way I can achieve sexual gratification now.

    I'm pleased to hear I'm not alone :-)

    My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

  • ecureuil 6 Jun 2010 16:09:26 76,722 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Katsumoto wrote:
    I'm still pretty sure the jury in that trial had a far better grip on the facts and the relevant evidence than anyone else in the world. I remember being pretty wound up about how she DEFINITELY WASN'T GUILTY, according to people who were relying on Fox News.

    (edit: that sounds pretty snidy and annoying. Imagine I said that in a really nice way!)

    Well you have one side saying she definitely is guilty, one side saying she's definitely not guilty, and the facts get lost somewhere inbetween.

    It sounds like the police did a pretty shoddy job of investigating this, the media were allowed in to the crime scene not long after it happened which essentially destroyed half the evidence they might have had.
  • brokenkey 6 Jun 2010 16:14:23 6,983 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    sounded innocent to me from the original reporting. The police had already convicted for murder the chap who's dna was all over the knife they found. The evidence against Amanda amounted to "she did a cartwheel" whilst at the police station. And who amongst us hasn't done that?

    3DS 3497-0122-1484
    XBL/PSN/NNID: CptnBrokenkey

  • Lukus 6 Jun 2010 16:21:55 19,050 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A sexy cartwheel.

    Paintings & Photographs

  • Feanor 6 Jun 2010 17:12:49 14,142 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    MrCarrot wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    I thought this case closed months ago?

    The murder case did, yeah. The Italian police are taking her to court for some of the stuff she said in evidence.

    So what you say on the witness stand isn't protected speech in Italy?
  • Khanivor 6 Jun 2010 17:34:27 40,535 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Two days of heavy interrogation without your lawyer being present maybe?
  • brokenkey 6 Jun 2010 17:34:30 6,983 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    sicilianliar wrote:
    brokenkey wrote:
    sounded innocent to me from the original reporting. The police had already convicted for murder the chap who's dna was all over the knife they found. The evidence against Amanda amounted to "she did a cartwheel" whilst at the police station. And who amongst us hasn't done that?
    I believe she also said that another innocent guy was at the scene of the murder, and then signed a written statement to that effect afterwards. Why would you do that if you were totally innocent?

    Because the police are telling you lies like, sign this and it will all go away, and like a fool you believe what they say? Plenty of innocent people have signed confessions.

    3DS 3497-0122-1484
    XBL/PSN/NNID: CptnBrokenkey

  • nickthegun 6 Jun 2010 17:35:39 59,450 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I say guilty. Her eyes are too close together.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • Bill-Gates-is-Evil 6 Jun 2010 17:37:29 8,934 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    She is kind of good looking, so I vote innocent.
  • Page

    of 14 First / Last

    Previous
Log in or register to reply