Infamous 2 Page 13

• Page

of 16 First / Last

• coomber 1 Jul 2011 16:49:06 323 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Finished this today. Agree with earlier comment that it's bizarre that the final decision is taken away from you based on your karma. I wanted to make the evil decision so had to spend two hours randomly executing street performers to go from Hero to Thug.

Other than that, great game, easily one of the best so far this year, and the only one that has surpassed expectations.
  • ecureuil 1 Jul 2011 16:53:48 76,471 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well the final decision in the first game is a bit pointless. If you've done a good playthrough, then pick the evil decision at the end, you're stuck with a fully Infamous character with only the base level skills and no cash to upgrade them. Also you've closed off all the evil missions so you can't even get one of the skills back. So it made the final decision basically completely pointless. So it's no wonder they didn't even give you that option in the second game.

I was a bit disappointed though, after a fully good playthrough, I quite liked the idea of turning to the dark side right at the end. I had to load up an old save and go through it all again.
  • thedriffter50 3 Jul 2011 23:36:34 166 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Not a good game at all. Just got it and played it for a few hours before I had enough.

Infamous 2 is even worse then the first one which is saying something.

Overrated, overhyped and overdone.

Worst PS3 exclusive series easily.
  • the_dudefather 3 Jul 2011 23:40:33 9,177 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's so bad, it give me cancer

(ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

• thedriffter50 3 Jul 2011 23:42:22 166 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    ^ At least someone agrees. Someone said the first Infamous was first a PS2 game it definitely feels like a PS2 launch game.
  • the_dudefather 3 Jul 2011 23:43:14 9,177 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    More like a 3DO launch game

a BAD 3DO launch game

(ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

• ElNino9 4 Jul 2011 00:51:11 13,285 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    thedriffter50 wrote:
    Not a good game at all. Just got it and played it for a few hours before I had enough.

You don't half talk some shite.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• shamblemonkee 4 Jul 2011 10:18:10 14,253 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Finished this yesterday, one of the most enjoyable games i've played in ages. I didn't get on with the first one but this polishes up a lot of the roughness, leaving only the building traversal a bit awkward (mashing x, why not just have it as hold to traverse?).

I really enjoyed the way the powers ramped up through the course of the game.

About the end (evil) doesnt really leave it open for a sequel?!
  • IronGiant 4 Jul 2011 12:23:50 4,473 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    thedriffter50 wrote:

What missions did you do and what powers had you unlocked? Or are you just a bitter fanboi.. I'd like to know exactly who or where Infamous 1 or 2 has been overhyped.
  • Deleted user 4 July 2011 12:28:10
    thedriffter50 wrote:

Lol it's no way near as bad as Resistance. You have a lot of really good missions coming up stay with it and then see what you think. The sequel isnt as good as the first though IMO i'd agree on that.
  • Accordi0n 4 Jul 2011 23:59:21 1,075 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Finally been able to play this… just got the ice launch…so good!

Only Vanquish comes close to being as fun to move around in…ice launch and improved thrusters is just incredibly empowering navigation wise.

The characters are surprisingly good too, some great voice acting from 'Kuo', its just a shame that some scenes have Cole playing the good/evil thing too central…playing as a Hero, i really dont like any of the exchanges with Nix.

a question: When do the missiles [triangle button attack] open up? Ives just got the ice powers and have been doing every side mission available but have no missiles at all…
  • krushing 5 Jul 2011 07:34:10 777 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The missiles unlock some way into Flood Town. The Lightning Tether makes it even more fun than the Ice Launch, though :)
  • kirankara 5 Jul 2011 07:57:11 1,021 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    IronGiant wrote:
    thedriffter50 wrote:

What missions did you do and what powers had you unlocked? Or are you just a bitter fanboi.. I'd like to know exactly who or where Infamous 1 or 2 has been overhyped.

you really dont need to ask the question , as you already know the answer mate. if you have ever read any of their posts, you just know
  • Accordi0n 5 Jul 2011 15:07:17 1,075 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    krushing wrote:
    The missiles unlock some way into Flood Town. The Lightning Tether makes it even more fun than the Ice Launch, though :)

Good to know

Im guessing the tether is like a grappling hook?…More fun than bounding around the city like Ang Lee's HULK with continuous ice launches?
  • shamblemonkee 5 Jul 2011 15:41:18 14,253 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The tether is less fun but makes scaling large buildings from distance a breeze.
  • yegon 5 Jul 2011 17:06:06 5,153 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    thedriffter50 wrote:

Ok, we get it, you don't like it. There's been plenty of reasonably lauded games that I haven't liked over the years too.

Overrated, overhyped and overdone? You could present a very good argument that it's not guilty of the first two and the third makes no sense. Let's not be a bell-end eh? :)

• Ahskay 6 Jul 2011 06:55:29 107 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Don't bite...
  • IronGiant 6 Jul 2011 10:53:21 4,473 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've just got the lightning tether, am I close to the end? Can't help but do all the side missions :)
  • kentmonkey 6 Jul 2011 18:59:07 20,410 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Not really. You've still got a few hours yet.
  • Cappy 6 Jul 2011 19:08:00 11,826 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    yegon wrote:
    thedriffter50 wrote:

Ok, we get it, you don't like it. There's been plenty of reasonably lauded games that I haven't liked over the years too.

Overrated, overhyped and overdone? You could present a very good argument that it's not guilty of the first two and the third makes no sense. Let's not be a bell-end eh? :)

Somebody who incessantly complains about inFamous puts down the cash so they can in turn incessantly complain about inFamous 2.

File under: Not too bright
  • ecureuil 6 Jul 2011 19:11:19 76,471 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's probable that he hasn't even played it.
  • Deleted user 6 July 2011 19:12:26
    Idiot fanboy is idiot lol.
  • Gregolution 19 Jul 2011 09:03:51 3,164 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Finally got around to trying the demo of this last night. I was amazed at the graphical update compared to the first which was quite average looking. Detail is massively improved, smoke special effects, lighting, destructible environments - really impressive.

Has the gameplay been improved a lot as well?
  • Progguitarist 19 Jul 2011 12:29:18 10,399 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, it's essentially the same idea but it's alot more fun. It's definitely worth picking up...it's one of the most fun things I've played in a while.
  • Progguitarist 19 Jul 2011 12:29:20 10,399 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, it's essentially the same idea but it's alot more fun. It's definitely worth picking up...it's one of the most fun things I've played in a while.
  • chrisno21 19 Jul 2011 12:47:46 1,448 posts
    Seen 14 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The side missions are more varied than the first and the main missions are generally pretty good. It's what a sequal should be - better.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• Gregolution 19 Jul 2011 13:20:46 3,164 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ok, it's going on my list. Cheers guys.
  • PanStre 21 Jul 2011 12:21:14 425 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    shamblemonkee wrote:
    The tether is less fun but makes scaling large buildings from distance a breeze.

So you don't know how to have fun with the lightning tether. Jump off building, aim at opposite building, fire lightning tether. Like bungie jumping!
  • shamblemonkee 21 Jul 2011 12:30:01 14,253 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think i meant to reference just cause 2 in my oroginal post when claiming it was less fun

...still don't think it's as fun as the ability you steal from nyx and from others ive seen playing also not as much fun as ice launching.

• IronGiant 21 Jul 2011 13:35:47 4,473 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Finished it as a hero, time for the evil playthrough ;) Superb game.
  • Page

of 16 First / Last