The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Page 476

• Page

of 495 First / Last

• StixxUK 21 Mar 2013 23:06:50 7,255 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Is it worth having any of the expansions for this other than Dragonborn?
  • Deleted user 21 March 2013 23:09:33
    I've modded this game to hell and back and still find it boring compared to Oblivion.
  • Scimarad 22 Mar 2013 06:28:07 8,551 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I don't think I could have a more opposite opinion. Skyrim still has it's problems but I can't think of anything that was done better in Oblivion.

@StixxUK

I really enjoyed Dawnguard and it adds some more decent locations. I'd say you are more likely to enjoy it if you take your time and do the odd mission mixed in with all the crap you have to do. It would probably be over a bit too soon if you just played straight through the Dawnguard missions one after the other.

Not sure about Hearthfire. The house (it is essentially the same one in three alternate places AFAIK) is quite nice and I think it's worthwhile but I paid next to nothing for it on Steam.
  • twelveways 22 Mar 2013 08:24:44 4,031 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I prefer the setting of Oblivion, the snow and mountains gets very samey...
  • Shikasama 22 Mar 2013 08:25:13 6,869 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Tropical mods hoooooooooooo!
  • frugtkompot 22 Mar 2013 09:56:39 2,819 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I lost a follower yesterday in a fight and felt quite sad afterwards.

Is there a way to get her back or is she gone for good?
  • Armoured_Bear 22 Mar 2013 09:57:24 11,299 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    frugtkompot wrote:

I think you can do it on pc using the console..

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• frugtkompot 22 Mar 2013 09:57:25 2,819 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    I just visited the Greybeards, awesome game but truly insane how big it is, seems much bigger than Fallout 3 and NV but I'm unsure if that's true.
    I did the exact same mission last night. Really liked the trek up that mountain. Very atmospheric. It's actually generally a very atmospheric game.
  • Benno 22 Mar 2013 10:41:19 9,932 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The trek up the Throat of the World is one of my favorite bits of the game. Its so atmospheric, and I love the scale in games to be vertical as well as horizontal (I hope The Witcher 3 features this high peaks)
  • frugtkompot 22 Mar 2013 11:50:59 2,819 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    frugtkompot wrote:

I think you can do it on pc using the console..
    I'm playing on PS3 unfortunately, so I'll have to assume that once they're dead they stay dead?

Is there any shortcut to call my other follower to me by the way or do I need to go visit their houses / locations and ask them in person?
  • StaffyDog 22 Mar 2013 12:01:22 255 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You have to go to their location. Yes it is sad when you lose a follower and just shows how this game can draw you in to it's wonderful world. I have gone back to an auto save a few times to bring my follower back.
  • frugtkompot 22 Mar 2013 12:03:15 2,819 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    One thing that I find very refreshing in a game like Skyrim - and which doesn't get mentioned often enough - is how well-paced it is.

Coming from Uncharted 3 and Max Payne 3 I was getting a little tired of how impatient games were becoming. Too few games let you have a breather, where you can slow down and immerse yourself. Instead it's all about the challenge - relentlessly throwing you into more and more difficult encounters with little spacing of something else in between.

In Skyrim, you'll have a difficult boss fight if you want, but there's ample opportunity to digest the world around you. Take a breather. Relax. Immerse yourself into the world - without the fear of being pushed forward against your will.
  • quadfather 22 Mar 2013 12:28:37 12,248 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    and then accidentally fall of a cliff :)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• freaxgamer 22 Mar 2013 12:29:34 1,604 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I am getting pissed off with this game now!!! I have been to every single dungeon possible were I can learn the Thu'ums, however I have slayed countless Dragons and only learn the ones you get for quests. Why am I not learning anything after absorbing 57 Dragon Souls and still counting. I do have Dragonborn DLC but not Dawngaurd. I want to try and do everything in SKYRIM that is possible before going to Solstheim.

How do I Learn Dragon Shouts??
  • Armoured_Bear 22 Mar 2013 12:35:18 11,299 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    freaxgamer wrote:
    I am getting pissed off with this game now!!! I have been to every single dungeon possible were I can learn the Thu'ums, however I have slayed countless Dragons and only learn the ones you get for quests. Why am I not learning anything after absorbing 57 Dragon Souls and still counting. I do have Dragonborn DLC but not Dawngaurd. I want to try and do everything in SKYRIM that is possible before going to Solstheim.

Mibbe a daft question but..
    Have you visited the Greybeards?

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• quadfather 22 Mar 2013 12:35:44 12,248 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Have you unlocked them by using the dragon souls in Shouts menu?

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• HoriZon 22 Mar 2013 12:36:40 13,557 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    freaxgamer wrote:

You learn the shouts from walls some are in dungeons others on the world map.

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• freaxgamer 22 Mar 2013 12:37:59 1,604 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    freaxgamer wrote:

Mibbe a daft question but..
    Have you visited the Greybeards?
    Yes, been to the Greybeards, and defeated Alduin..... :( It sucks, but I have spent so long doing this. I bought it on Steam.
  • Deleted user 22 March 2013 12:39:48
    Every time you stand in front of one of those lighty up with weird words walls you learn a shout. After that you use the Dragon wotsists in the menu to learn them. You should know about three in your first couple of hours.
  • freaxgamer 22 Mar 2013 12:43:18 1,604 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Boab wrote:
    Every time you stand in front of one of those lighty up with weird words walls you learn a shout. After that you use the Dragon wotsists in the menu to learn them. You should know about three in your first couple of hours.
    That is the problem I am having. I have 3 words per shout, yet I learn only ones given to me in quests. I have absorbed 57 Dragon Souls, (I counted them! Sad I know) but they are all greyed out :(
  • StaffyDog 22 Mar 2013 12:45:46 255 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yes use the dragon souls to unlock the words you have discovered.
  • freaxgamer 22 Mar 2013 12:49:23 1,604 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I know that, but how. I have learned all the thu'ums in SKYRIM according to the list on WIKI. However Dragon souls I am absorbing unlock NOTHING! :(
  • Deleted user 22 March 2013 12:50:04
    Can you use shouts, or not?
  • Vortex808 22 Mar 2013 12:51:16 7,215 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    In the shouts menu there should be a prompt saying which button to press to unlock any shout using a dragon soul.

It's X on 360, but no idea for PS3 or PC I'm afraid.
  • freaxgamer 22 Mar 2013 12:57:11 1,604 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Boab No, apart from ones learned from the Greybeards, Paarthurnax, and Call Dragon, Clear Skies, and Dragonrend. The rest are greyed out on the list. Learned but cannot use them.
  • freaxgamer 22 Mar 2013 12:59:14 1,604 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    In the shouts menu there should be a prompt saying which button to press to unlock any shout using a dragon soul.

I shall attempt this.
  • freaxgamer 22 Mar 2013 13:07:02 1,604 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    freaxgamer wrote:
    Vortex808 wrote:

I shall attempt this.
    Thank You Votex.....it is Z on the keyboard. it just does not showup on my screen how to unlock them.
  • Deleted user 22 March 2013 13:10:39
    Enjoy shouting people off cliffs for the next ten hours.
  • EMarkM 22 Mar 2013 13:11:43 3,174 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is it OK to re-enable auto saves on my PS3 version now?

After my full reinstall I'm seeing a much better game than I had with the incremental patches. I don't want to mess anything up, but I've had a few if those "oh crap" moments where I've forgotten to save for a while.

Thanks.
  • StaffyDog 22 Mar 2013 13:49:25 255 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Well I'm level 38 and always had it enabled and no problems.
  • Page

of 495 First / Last