• Trafford 8 May 2011 13:08:21 5,720 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Something for the realm divide.
  • Rusty_M 9 May 2011 20:04:24 4,638 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    And the patch is now live!

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• Hunam 27 May 2011 23:38:16 20,674 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rah! SHOGUN IS ME!

Just did a "short" game as the Chosokabe and kicked all sorts of ass. Only on medium mind. Was a pretty turbulent game to be honest. I took my home island pretty quickly, but moving out into the main part of Japan was a bit of a hurdle, mostly because the advisers really fucking annoy me so I shut them off and have to figure everything out myself, but once I got some floating boxes that the Japanese claim are boats off I headed. A good idea would have been to just hit the island to the west and move across taking everything along the way meaning I had no enemy clans behind me. However, I decided to go right north and start fighting there.

After a while the Mori and Ito clans joined me and we began a glorious conquest, till the Ito clan kept taking land I wanted so I shut them down, and as that happened the Realm Divide hit me and all hell broke loose. Thankfully no one takes a Fort from unless I let it happen, the armies of the Shogunate, the Ikko-Ikki, the Ito and the rest of them just smashed against my forts like waves but fell. I managed to then take everything west to Kyoto on the main island and began a war on three fronts which I managed to hold onto despite some invasions and lost ground, mostly because I mastered my Agents and my Ninja killed 3 Daimyo's and 2 Heirs of a single clan, causing them much grief.

After a while I took Kyoto on a glorious battle, I lured the Shogun's armies out as reinforcements to a unit he had on the field and managed to get him surround in his rookie error, killing over half of his units outright, then at the siege of Kyoto I just whittled away at what was left in a slow but heroic victory I then got into skirmished with just about everyone and they all fell before I took my last province and all bowed to me.

Basically, I fucking loved that. Empire fell on it's arse with me because I don't think I knew what I was doing in that game (it was my first TW) and because it kept crashing at the end of the campaign so I fucked it off. But this is great, except for the Naval combat which is just hilarious if somewhat stupid.
  • vijay_UK 29 May 2011 21:22:21 2,103 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Anyone having any Co-Op stability issues? Shogun 2 has been kicking me and my friend out of Co-Op matches, stability seems to be a problem.

The Shogun 2 webbie says patch 2 has been out since May 9th, but in-game it says my version is v1.1.0 (build 3517). Can anyone shed some light on this, I assumed Steam would automatically patch & update games?

Any help is appreciated, thx gamers. Fine game as well, much much better than I could have hoped.
  • Trafford 29 May 2011 22:36:05 5,720 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've had a few drop outs, not very frequent.
    You are up to date version wise. The last update was midweek when the Ikko Ikki dlc was released.

It is a great game. Very immersive..
  • vijay_UK 29 May 2011 23:24:57 2,103 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Trafford wrote:
    I've had a few drop outs, not very frequent.
    You are up to date version wise. The last update was midweek when the Ikko Ikki dlc was released.

It is a great game. Very immersive..

Thank you Trafford, all seems well now in our current game. And peace of mind to know that I'm up to date.

As for Shogun 2 itself, absolutely awesome.

Cheers.
  • Zidargh 6 Jun 2011 15:39:08 1,671 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Does anyone know if there is a way of playing this on a Mac or if they intend to release a copy like Rome?

Reason I ask is my laptop probably won't handle this and I have access to an i7 at my father's company. Think I heard of something like Bootcamp but cba to buy a Windows operating system for one game.
  • Ranger_Ryu 22 Jul 2011 01:48:27 1,046 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I just have a question how would a NVIDIA GT 420 1 gig play the game? (along with a Intel core i5 2300 and 6 gig RAM) sorta wanting low/medium,not wanting high at this moment in time. Basically will play to sum it up :p
  • Tremendosaurus 22 Jul 2011 08:48:23 1,197 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ranger_Ryu wrote:
    I just have a question how would a NVIDIA GT 420 1 gig play the game? (along with a Intel core i5 2300 and 6 gig RAM) sorta wanting low/medium,not wanting high at this moment in time. Basically will play to sum it up :p

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/ Go there, that'll tell you.
  • Ranger_Ryu 22 Jul 2011 18:36:51 1,046 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    thanks for the link,but I don't actually have the PC yet,just one I've been looking at.
  • Trafford 12 Aug 2011 17:50:17 5,720 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    £5.99 for the Gempei War expansion. Could be cheap way to get through this Autumn.

4 new agents are virtually identical though.

The Shirabyoshi uses seduction to convince her target to join her family’s cause, and to distract enemy armies. She is also able to entertain the nobles of friendly towns in order to boost their growth and entertain friendly generals in the field, which increases their loyalty to the family and counteracts the efforts of enemy agents attempting to bribe or seduce them into changing sides.

The Junsatsushi can request the allegiance of neutral and enemy castle towns, along with any forces garrisoned there. He ensures loyalty and obedience from friendly generals, increases income by preventing corruption, and keeps your castle towns and armies safe from enemy subterfuge when stationed there. He can also pay off rival agents.

The Monomi acts as an assassin, spy, saboteur and scout. He can establish spy networks within your castle towns, which increases the chances of discovering any rival agents and armies that may be hiding within a province.

The Sou can inspire a friendly army or pacify an angry populace with his enlightened rhetoric. Likewise, he can demoralise an enemy force, reduce the chances of successful bribery, indoctrinate enemy agents and cause them to retire, or incite an enemy population to revolt.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 9 Jan 2012 20:37:29 25,512 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just picked this up with all the DLC for £15 from GetGames. Sweet!

Hiiii-yah!
  • Mr-Brett 22 Mar 2012 11:31:11 12,746 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    A 5GB patch? really?

I guess that'll teach me to have games installed that I don't play.

Portable view - Never forget.

• magicpanda 23 Mar 2012 00:30:04 13,324 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Thought I would give it a go after some time. Start a new campaign and it went tits up (as in crashing) within an hour.
  • RyanDS 14 Apr 2012 20:15:40 9,154 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Holy fuck, now I remember why I left PC gaming.

Bought this today and wanted to play. An hour to install the DVDs, now Steam tells me over 3 hours of downloads just to play.

Bollocks. Would be nice if you could play the disk game at least then patch later.
  • RyanDS 14 Apr 2012 20:26:16 9,154 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's downloading 1.5 meg a second. I should have just bought straight from fucking steam. Why do they even do discs?
  • ilmaestro 14 Apr 2012 20:30:14 32,407 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Well, you'd waited over a year already.

• Trafford 14 Apr 2012 20:34:59 5,720 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    At least you paid a third of the price and got a fully balanced game.
    It's worth the wait by the way.
  • RyanDS 14 Apr 2012 20:37:21 9,154 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Trafford wrote:
    Good to know. I'm really looking forward to it.
  • vijay_UK 15 Apr 2012 13:41:57 2,103 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ryandsimmons wrote:
    Trafford wrote:
    Good to know. I'm really looking forward to it.
    I've stuck this on another thread, but seems more relevant here. An excellent guide by Frogbeastegg, it can also be downloaded as a pdf.

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?137395-Frogbeastegg-s-Guide-to-Total-War-Shogun-II
  • RyanDS 15 Apr 2012 14:02:26 9,154 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Holy hell this game is tough! I cannot beat the siege tutorial. Cheers for that guide.

I can see myself playing it as a civ type game, with autocompleting battles at the moment.
  • Trafford 15 Apr 2012 14:59:22 5,720 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Heh, it is tough. You need to master the food/economic equation and don't expand too quickly.
    Beating the game on hard is the biggest achievement I've managed in gaming.
  • vijay_UK 15 Apr 2012 21:19:53 2,103 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ryandsimmons wrote:
    Holy hell this game is tough! I cannot beat the siege tutorial. Cheers for that guide.

I can see myself playing it as a civ type game, with autocompleting battles at the moment.
    ...yes you can do that, but you'll be taking something away from the Total War experience.

When you start a campaign, on the clan selection screen the clans are arranged in order of difficulty, pick one that is classed easy - Chōsokabe springs to mind.

Also you can set campaign and battle difficulty as easy, it's a good way to get you into the game. If you find yourself doing well in battles during the campaign, there is an option in the menu to change battle difficulty to your suiting.
  • Latin 7 May 2012 18:27:26 3,606 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I bought this for 3.99 on play.com special deal, installed it (took an age), then waited for it to update (overnight)... Finally played it and have no idea what to do!

It's so hard... Even on custom battle, with loads of funds and easy setting I still can't win... I made an army of cavalry only and charged the shit out of the enemy... Was expecting to see some sort of re-enactment of LOTR... Without the giant elephants. Alas, most of my cavalry fled after the initial charge. I probably needed a more balanced army but the tutorials are hard enough! Anyway, given it costs less than my lunch I'm not too bothered.
  • andytheadequate 6 Feb 2013 13:45:24 8,111 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    If I bought this, would anyone be intereted in playing the campaign in co op?
  • Tryhard 6 Feb 2013 14:22:56 3,847 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I loved Shogun TW,MTW,RTW,MTW II.Never got the Napoleonic one.Bought Shogun TW II and never got into it.Why? I have no idea.It just did not click .
  • disusedgenius 6 Feb 2013 14:43:37 5,271 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I agree actually. I still miss the old battle system from the the first Medieval TW game - the map may have been a lot more abstract but it managed to make some pretty special multi-phase battles as everyone piled into Italy with armies big enough to need 2 rounds of reinforcements. The proper line of sight system for ambushes is well missed as well.
  • RedSparrows 6 Feb 2013 16:46:58 22,216 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My MTW experience:

1) Start as Novogorod
    2) Save up lots of money
    3) Build an army of Boyars, bankrupting my provinces
    4) See how far this one army can roll in Eastern/Central Europe

Or just play as the English and win. Italians were fun too.
  • Rhaegyr 9 May 2013 18:04:51 1,526 posts
    Seen 3 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Is there any way to run this game better on a multi-core CPU?

I have a Geforce 660Ti and 8GB RAM, however my processor is only a Q6600 @ 2.4GHz per core. Even with everything on the lowest settings the frame-rate is appalling (always under 30FPS) no matter the size of the battle.

I can run BioShock Infinite, Guild Wars 2, Starcraft II and Tribes: Ascend on high/ultra settings @ 1080p with the frame-rate hovering around 50-80FPS but this game just chews my PC up a good one - even Metro 2033 runs better than this!

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks.
  • Page

of 17 First / Last