The Official World Cup 2014 Thread Page 7

  • Page

    of 585 First / Last

  • IMO 11 Sep 2012 22:05:00 5,726 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Do you think he isn't?
  • LetsGo 11 Sep 2012 22:05:51 5,346 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't think he is, no. What do you think?
  • roz123 11 Sep 2012 22:06:02 7,113 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I don't think it was that shit tbh, we missed some great chances and they scored a quality goal. Hopefully people and the press won't get too overexcited about it.
  • Dougs 11 Sep 2012 22:07:12 69,125 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    was out training myself till half time, didn't hear, what happened?
    Subbed off at HT with a "heavy knock" was the last I saw. Might be bollocks. Might just be precautionary.
  • reddevil93 11 Sep 2012 22:07:54 11,956 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Such loaded questions they ask the managers and players, fucking joke.

  • SolidSCB 11 Sep 2012 22:08:53 7,209 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    "I don't think Gerrard made 2 fouls in the game".

    Is this owl faced muppet for real?
  • Monsieur_Blade 11 Sep 2012 22:09:46 357 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Personally I don't think Lampard is fat... I just think he's s**t and way past his best. He did literally nothing all game and then the buffoon that is Andy Townsend gives him MOTM???? And he was gonna give it Gerrard before he got sent off! He was even more non existent than Lampard!!

    ITV really is a joke.
  • Tom_Servo 11 Sep 2012 22:10:02 18,083 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I actually wish Macedonia had won that. They could've done as well. McGregor saved us. Pandev really was a class above everyone else on the park. I had the fear every time he got on the ball.

    A loss tonight would've meant the dream would've been well and truly dead (even Levein wouldn't have been able to say otherwise, really) but no doubt he'll be keeping it up during the interview, saying we can still qualify and so on. If we'd lost tonight Levein would've been sacked by the morning too, but I think he might cling on for the time being. I really did lol when he brought off Kenny Miller for Charlie Adam at 1-1.

    It was a dire performance. After about five minutes I was saying we looked beaten. We had absolutely nothing going for us. Standing around like statues, with no movement or creativity. Everything was slow and ponderous. It was like watching a team of Barry Fergusons, everything was going sideways or backwards. The Macedonians actually had us on the counter on numerous occasions, and if they'd kept the pressure up rather than settle for the point they would've won it IMO.

    We were lucky to escape with a point.
  • senso-ji 11 Sep 2012 22:11:15 6,002 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hodgson reckons England dominated the game for 75 minutes?! Haha.
  • evild_edd 11 Sep 2012 22:12:24 3,175 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ITV is a joke.

    Mind you, it's almost worth watching just to bhold the animosity between the pundits. The body language suggests that Roy Keane and Lee Dixon are barely a sarky comment away from a full on fight!

    Why look, it's a blog:
    http://www.edwardlaven.blogspot.co.uk

  • Armoured_Bear 11 Sep 2012 22:12:28 11,734 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    I actually wish Macedonia had won that. They could've done as well. McGregor saved us. Pandev really was a class above everyone else on the park. I had the fear every time he got on the ball.

    A loss tonight would've meant the dream would've been well and truly dead (even Levein wouldn't have been able to say otherwise, really) but no doubt he'll be keeping it up during the interview, saying we can still qualify and so on. If we'd lost tonight Levein would've been sacked by the morning too, but I think he might cling on for the time being. I really did lol when he brought off Kenny Miller for Charlie Adam at 1-1.

    It was a dire performance. After about five minutes I was saying we looked beaten. We had absolutely nothing going for us. Standing around like statues, with no movement or creativity. Everything was slow and ponderous. It was like watching a team of Barry Fergusons, everything was going sideways or backwards. The Macedonians actually had us on the counter on numerous occasions, and if they'd kept the pressure up rather than settle for the point they would've won it IMO.

    We were lucky to escape with a point.
    Yep, totally agree, I doubt Levein would definitely been sacked, barring something catastrophic he'll get the full qualifying period as the SFA are about as dynamic and effective as the team on the park was tonight.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • SolidSCB 11 Sep 2012 22:16:36 7,209 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I love Roy Keane on ITV. His constant look of contempt at the morons he has around him is TV gold. I can see him properly going off on the deep end live one day.
  • bladdard 11 Sep 2012 22:19:39 1,009 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I thought Lampard was our best player throughout. Good positional play, some of the best forward passes and the penalty was a beaut.
  • Monsieur_Blade 11 Sep 2012 22:26:59 357 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    bladdard wrote:
    I thought Lampard was our best player throughout. Good positional play, some of the best forward passes and the penalty was a beaut.
    Let me guess, you're a Chelsea fan? Lampard and Gerrard are exactly what is wrong with the current England squad. They're both lethargic, negative and way past their best. It's like people are so desperate for them to live up to their potential on the international stage that they're blinded to the fact they haven't played well for England for 5 or 6 years!

    I just hope Wiltshere is back ASAP cos we desperately need some youth and creativity in the centre of the park. Cleverley might have missed a couple of sitters but at least he was enthusiastic and involved!
  • senso-ji 11 Sep 2012 22:31:27 6,002 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If England qualify for the WC 2014, Gerrard and Lampard will be in the squad. Roy wouldn't have included them in the qualifiers if he didn't intend to pick them for the tournament.
  • El_MUERkO 11 Sep 2012 22:34:16 17,126 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    I love Roy Keane on ITV. His constant look of contempt at the morons he has around him is TV gold. I can see him properly going off on the deep end live one day.
    haha, doing a Haaland tackle on Chiles for a Mendoza flop through the press box glass to the pitch below!
  • FWB 11 Sep 2012 22:42:23 45,245 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Lampard and Gerrard will be in the England team till the day they die. They'll have be wrestled out of the squad.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 11 Sep 2012 22:58:39 10,017 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    senso-ji wrote:
    If England qualify for the WC 2014, Gerrard and Lampard will be in the squad. Roy wouldn't have included them in the qualifiers if he didn't intend to pick them for the tournament.
    This is depressingly true. When Wilshere is back fit, he'll come in for Cleverley and those two will stay as they are.

    Tonight made it quite clear that Gerrard is definitely done as an international level player (if he ever was one in the first place). I think Lampard could still be useful in a midfield with Carrick and Wilshere, but if Roy wants us to play keep ball then Lampard is technically not good enough. A simple trap, swivel and forward pass has looked beyond him for the majority of his career.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 11 Sep 2012 23:04:43 10,017 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    And I've been saying this for a while, and the goal has nothing to do with it, but Joe Hart is very, very overrated.
  • SolidSCB 11 Sep 2012 23:12:52 7,209 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    And I've been saying this for a while, and the goal has nothing to do with it, but Joe Hart is very, very overrated.
    I completely agree, but only in the sense that he's for some reason compared amongst the best goalkeepers in the world, which he quite obviously isn't even close to. Good old English hype for you there. However, he is probably the best England currently have IMO.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 11 Sep 2012 23:15:53 10,017 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    He's the best English gk yes, but this is worst batch of active English gk's in my lifetime.
  • mikew1985 11 Sep 2012 23:19:19 12,986 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Eh I think you're being harsh on your national side and a very, very good keeper.

    England absolutely dominated that game too, lacked creativity at times but that was due to messrs Hollywood and steak n kidney in the centre. Need to play some more of the youth in there to keep the ball moving quicker.
  • oceanmotion 2 Oct 2012 11:40:34 16,098 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Steven Fletcher back in the Scotland squad

    Finally but too little too late and probably worthless with Levein's tactics.
  • Feanor 2 Oct 2012 13:27:23 14,183 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    Steven Fletcher back in the Scotland squad

    Finally but too little too late and probably worthless with Levein's tactics.
    Terrible news. He needs to save himself for Sunderland/my FPL team.
  • roz123 4 Oct 2012 11:11:01 7,113 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    England squad for the World Cup qualifiers against San Marino and Poland on 12 and 16 October: Hart (Manchester City), Ruddy (Norwich), Forster (Celtic); Baines (Everton), Cahill (Chelsea), Cole (Chelsea), Gibbs (Arsenal), Jagielka (Everton), G Johnson (Liverpool), Lescott (Manchester City), Shawcross (Stoke), Walker (Tottenham);

    Carrick (Manchester United), Cleverley (Manchester United), Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Gerrard (Liverpool), A Johnson (Sunderland), Lennon (Tottenham), Lampard (Chelsea), Milner (Manchester City), Walcott (Arsenal); Carroll (West Ham, on loan from Liverpool), Defoe (Tottenham), Rooney (Manchester United), Welbeck (Manchester United).

    Edited by roz123 at 11:22:18 04-10-2012
  • Deleted user 4 October 2012 11:31:50
    Whats the bold about?

    Fletcher in the Scotland squad just undermines Levin as a man and a manager. Also not picking Kris Commons. I keep forgetting the Scotland midfield is packed with players who are domestic reigning champions, playing in the CL and in great form.
  • oceanmotion 4 Oct 2012 11:40:08 16,098 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Over for Levein sooner rather than later anyway. We have a decent group of players, no excuses now.

    England should give Hooper a shot.
  • Deleted user 4 October 2012 11:41:37
    Yeah, looking at the squad roz123 posted they're not exactly bursting at the seams with striking talent.
  • roz123 4 Oct 2012 11:42:50 7,113 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Boab wrote:
    Whats the bold about?
    Highlight the big news/talking points. Shawcross who is new and Lennon who hasn't been picked for two years.
  • SolidSCB 12 Oct 2012 19:36:42 7,209 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This build up is the most patronizing and shameful bollocks I've ever heard.
  • Page

    of 585 First / Last

Log in or register to reply