Playstation Plus - Added subscription service Page 61

• Page

of 110 First / Last

• waggy79 5 May 2013 20:00:38 915 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I had Catherine on 360 but ended up trading it after getting stuck. Shame cos I quite liked the story parts but the puzzle levels were a bit monotonous for me.
  • Deleted user 5 May 2013 20:15:33
    @Graveland Itís seriously dumbed down. The level design was excellent in terms of presentation, but it was a definitely 6 or 7 out of 10 for me.
  • Progguitarist 5 May 2013 20:19:35 10,401 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @BinaryBob101 It's sitting at at around 79 or so on metacritic amazingly. I never played the originals but fuck me, if they are anything like this they are utter shit.
  • BinaryBob101 6 May 2013 11:59:06 22,315 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    No, neither have I. Catherine DLed very quickly, for some reason Hitman is coming down the tubes at a snail's pace. I might fuck it off.

Beautiful tender beings.

• DUFFMAN5 6 May 2013 12:32:43 14,423 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sharzam wrote:
    Have to say it don't get Catherine. Was really looking forward to it after hearing about all the adult themes and increasing choices.†

But really it is just a hard puzzle game with cutscenes,† maybe Iam just missing something.† I would say perhaps it takes a while (only on the 3rd night ) to get into but considering how annoying the puzzles are I doubt I will put in the effort.
    Agreed. Tried to like it, but doing nothing for me. Oh well, let's see what June brings us. Although the only game to get serious time.next month, will be The last of us, I can't wait :-)

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• mikew1985 6 May 2013 13:17:11 12,610 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I might give Catherine a try but I alsways suspected that it wouldn't be my cup of tea. Sounds exactly like what I don't want from the above description.

I thought Last of us was out this month until I looked it up online this morning.

In fact I thought it was out this weekend and I planned on picking it up on my return home for the weekend :(
  • dominalien 6 May 2013 15:51:10 6,839 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Catherine is very peculiar. I, quite surprisingly, enjoyed it a lot, but I can see the dual nature of the game turning some people off.

I think it requires a certain frame of mind to enjoy - and it's a somewhat different one for the story parts and for the puzzle parts. Lots of people complain they find the puzzles very tough; I didn't have that experience. I died a lot, but always at the "almost did it, just one more try" stage.

Not even once considered going back to it to get any more trophies than I did on the first playthrough, mind.

PSN: DonOsito

• JiveHound 6 May 2013 23:11:14 2,346 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    So I've managed to download some games which including some massive title updates has taken a long old time. I was expecting this though so I made allowances.

I've had a quick blast on Motorstorm and Infamous and found them both to be very fun in my limited playtime.

LBP 2 is currently downloading 15(!) updates so I don't think I'll get to try that tonight.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• mrpon 6 May 2013 23:13:07 28,479 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You're aware you can schedule those updates overnight?

Give yourself £5 or Ĺ gig, you're worth it.

• JiveHound 7 May 2013 08:53:31 2,346 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I wasn't. I gave up after the eighth update so turned off and headed to bed.

Cheers for the intel, I'll give it a google later.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• RyanDS 7 May 2013 12:42:25 9,062 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Really enjoying Catherine, but I think I will be dropping it to easy mode by the end. Only on 3rd floor and already struggling at times.
  • addyb 8 May 2013 09:13:17 1,034 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    My ps3/vita backlog is getting stupid now. I've not touched any PS+ content this year besides a few games of Limbo. I'm ashamed to say I haven't even played Arkham City yet which is strange as I absolutely loved Arkham Asylum.
  • Flying_Pig 8 May 2013 10:17:08 10,707 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @addyb - me too :)

My PS+ IGC is just a long list of titles ready to download. But then the only thing I've played on PS3 this year is Borderlands 2...
  • crispyduckman 8 May 2013 10:41:31 1,856 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Really enjoying Catherine, but I think I will be dropping it to easy mode by the end. Only on 3rd floor and already struggling at times.
    I started it in easy. It provides enough challenge not to be boring imo. Personally, I'm happier if I can rattle through this at a decent pace.

PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin: crispyduckman

• spindle9988 8 May 2013 11:06:47 3,503 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I started on easy as well. Still managed to get stuck a few times
  • DuaneW 8 May 2013 12:18:09 91 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    ICO / Shadow of the Colossus HD and Demonís Souls coming in June.
  • bunglebonce 8 May 2013 12:19:44 2,108 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DuaneW wrote:
    ICO / Shadow of the Colossus HD and Demonís Souls coming in June.
    I knew the wait was worth it :)

PSN ID: erniewhatbert

• DuaneW 8 May 2013 12:22:35 91 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Will have to get rid of my hard copy! Hopefully my save will transfer across.
  • nickthegun 8 May 2013 12:29:50 58,851 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thomas is alone or whatever its called is pretty good fun. The voice over is great.

Its perfect for a quick blast on the vita, not so perfect for the PS3.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Mr-Brett 8 May 2013 12:36:31 12,723 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's also worth mentioning that a load of stuff is on sale, GTA and beardy fantasy stuff mainly. The highlight being Ki Ko Kuni for £20 or £18 with PS+.

Portable view - Never forget.

• Rens11 8 May 2013 12:38:24 1,389 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Been waiting for Demon souls never played Ico and only a bit of SOTC great month! Ni no kuni @ £18 is a bargain!

Edited by Rens11 at 12:39:09 08-05-2013

Donít kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, heíd eat you and everyone you care about!

• mrpon 8 May 2013 12:40:29 28,479 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    The voice over is great.
    :D

Give yourself £5 or Ĺ gig, you're worth it.

• jellyBelly 8 May 2013 12:42:16 372 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Why are people getting rid of their physical copies when games appear on plus? You only have access to plus games as long as you pay the subscription?

PSN:lumulata, NN Dollodon

• nickthegun 8 May 2013 12:43:38 58,851 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    The voice over is great.
    :D
    Its like 'liking' your own facebook comment.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• addyb 8 May 2013 12:50:30 1,034 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    jellyBelly wrote:
    Why are people getting rid of their physical copies when games appear on plus? You only have access to plus games as long as you pay the subscription?
    Well I'm sure people are willing to pay the £30-40 a year to keep such titles.
  • King_Edward 8 May 2013 12:57:26 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Thomas is alone or whatever its called is pretty good fun. The voice over is great.

Its perfect for a quick blast on the vita, not so perfect for the PS3.
    Enjoyed it on PC. Played it through in one sitting .
  • greenthumb 8 May 2013 12:58:52 320 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Can you transfer a save from a disc game to a download game? Specifically for ni no kuni
  • RyanDS 8 May 2013 13:00:38 9,062 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    crispyduckman wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    I started it in easy. It provides enough challenge not to be boring imo. Personally, I'm happier if I can rattle through this at a decent pace.
    Fuck me it gets hard. And not in a good way. Died so many times last night and it was just not fun. Main problem would be where I was climbing and the camera would either zoom out hugely, focus on the enemy rather than me (to the extent where I am not even on screen0 or spin so that you can't see where you are.

And then spikes would jump out and kill me.

Very poor game design, I don't mind dying, I do mind dying because the camera doesn't show where you are.
  • Page

of 110 First / Last