Champions League Page 500

  • Page

    of 845 First / Last

  • SuperCoolEskimo 6 Mar 2013 09:21:53 11,257 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Blaketown Easy to be positive when you have a squad like Madrid's against ten men.
  • sport 6 Mar 2013 09:29:47 13,928 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    One last thought - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A
  • nickthegun 6 Mar 2013 09:30:00 71,375 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Nah Madrid were coasting for most of the game. They're just a better side at the end of the day.
    They were totally ineffective against Utd's tactics, to the extent it looked like they were coasting. Fact is, Utd were going through until the red card which killed the contest, so this stuff about Real being far better is bollocks. Utd were the better team over the two legs.
    And if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle. You dont know what would have happened. Jose could have thrown on Modric and he may have scored that peach against eleven men and with their tails up gone on to win it.

    There was over half an hour left when Nani got sent off, so anything could have happened.

    Edited by nickthegun at 09:30:39 06-03-2013
  • SuperCoolEskimo 6 Mar 2013 09:34:56 11,257 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @nickthegun Opening line to your post is ironic considering you're the one guessing what could have happened 11 vs 11 and I'm the one stating the simple fact that Utd were going through 11 vs 11 and Madrid were struggling to get a shot on target.

    I know Utd aren't the most liked club, and even I found yesterday's events a bit funny, but let's not abandon facts to bash them even more.
  • nickthegun 6 Mar 2013 09:38:14 71,375 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    @nickthegun Opening line to your post is ironic considering you're the one guessing what could have happened 11 vs 11 and I'm the one stating the simple fact that Utd were going through 11 vs 11 and Madrid were struggling to get a shot on target.
    Congratulations on the most contradictory post of the day!
  • Blaketown 6 Mar 2013 09:41:51 5,658 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's contradictory to point out your post is contradictory?

    How contradictory!
  • SuperCoolEskimo 6 Mar 2013 09:44:20 11,257 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Er, what's contradictory about it? While the game was 11 vs 11, Utd were winning 1-0 and comfortable against Madrid. It was only after the red card that Madrid came into the game. That's not rocket science..

    You can forecast what could have happened if it stayed 11 vs 11 but that's pointless. I choose to judge what happened before the red. Utd were winning the game. Maybe you're deliberately missing my point.
  • neilqpr 6 Mar 2013 09:52:38 2,914 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    United didn't lose because of an unjust red card, they lost because they didn't adjust well enough or quickly enough to the situation. Many teams can hold on or sometimes improve when down to ten men, even against a superior team. Fergie and his boys seemed far more interested in being outraged about a borderline decision going against them at OT than actually trying to get the most out of the situation they found themselves in.
  • nickthegun 6 Mar 2013 09:54:18 71,375 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    Er, what's contradictory about it?
    You called me out on guessing what would happen then go on to state as a fact that Man U definitely would have won had nani not got sent off.
  • Blaketown 6 Mar 2013 09:58:38 5,658 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    No, he pointed out that you did that by invoking the "aunt had balls" statement and then going on to claim she could easily have been your uncle even without the balls.

    Edited by Blaketown at 09:59:38 06-03-2013
  • nickthegun 6 Mar 2013 10:00:49 71,375 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah, thats not actually what happened at all.
  • Blaketown 6 Mar 2013 10:02:12 5,658 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    And if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle. You dont know what would have happened. Jose could have thrown on Modric and he may have scored that peach against eleven men and with their tails up gone on to win it.

    There was over half an hour left when Nani got sent off, so anything could have happened.
    Edited by Blaketown at 10:03:41 06-03-2013
  • SuperCoolEskimo 6 Mar 2013 10:02:17 11,257 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @nickthegun All I'm saying is at 11 vs 11, Utd were 1-0 up, and were in a position where they were winning the tie. I've not said it would have stayed that way because its pointless guessing what would have happened if Nani stayed on. Anything could have happened after. I'm just commenting on what I saw up until the red card.
  • HarryPalmer 6 Mar 2013 10:03:02 5,173 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    neilqpr wrote:
    United didn't lose because of an unjust red card, they lost because they didn't adjust well enough or quickly enough to the situation. Many teams can hold on or sometimes improve when down to ten men, even against a superior team. Fergie and his boys seemed far more interested in being outraged about a borderline decision going against them at OT than actually trying to get the most out of the situation they found themselves in.
    THIS
  • nickthegun 6 Mar 2013 10:05:45 71,375 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    @nickthegun All I'm saying is at 11 vs 11, Utd were 1-0 up, and were in a position where they were winning the tie. I've not said it would have stayed that way
    You did. You stated it as 'fact' not once but twice.
  • scott1987 6 Mar 2013 10:07:10 165 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    As much as i hate united, the red card did spoil the game. But i still think Real would of scored and we would of had extra time.
  • Blaketown 6 Mar 2013 10:08:09 5,658 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    HarryPalmer wrote:
    neilqpr wrote:
    United didn't lose because of an unjust red card, they lost because they didn't adjust well enough or quickly enough to the situation. Many teams can hold on or sometimes improve when down to ten men, even against a superior team. Fergie and his boys seemed far more interested in being outraged about a borderline decision going against them at OT than actually trying to get the most out of the situation they found themselves in.
    THIS
    LOL.

    There is a grain of truth to this. As I said before Mourinho acted quick and decisively and the game was over before the United players had come to terms with what had happened.

    But that all happened because of an unjust Red card so "United didn't lose because of an unjust red card" is a bit of a silly thing to say.
  • Saucy 6 Mar 2013 10:10:08 2,731 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    neilqpr wrote:
    United didn't lose because of an unjust red card, they lost because they didn't adjust well enough or quickly enough to the situation. Many teams can hold on or sometimes improve when down to ten men, even against a superior team. Fergie and his boys seemed far more interested in being outraged about a borderline decision going against them at OT than actually trying to get the most out of the situation they found themselves in.
    Absolutley this. The collective mental implosion really cost them. They completely failed to accept what had happened until it was too late.
  • mikew1985 6 Mar 2013 10:15:00 14,431 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    HarryPalmer wrote:
    neilqpr wrote:
    United didn't lose because of an unjust red card, they lost because they didn't adjust well enough or quickly enough to the situation. Many teams can hold on or sometimes improve when down to ten men, even against a superior team. Fergie and his boys seemed far more interested in being outraged about a borderline decision going against them at OT than actually trying to get the most out of the situation they found themselves in.
    THIS
    I would agree with most of the post but I think even calling the decision borderline is a bit mental.

    Point out to me someone who thought red on initial viewing and I'll show you a liar.

    Edit: Meant to add that even above considered, we didn't adjust well enough to going down to 10 men and Madrid made a very savvy change to switch things up.

    Edited by mikew1985 at 10:16:05 06-03-2013
  • HarryPalmer 6 Mar 2013 10:15:59 5,173 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It is highly likely that Man U would have gone through if it had stayed 11 vs 11. BUT, Mourinho would have changed it anyway, they would have gone all out with 20 minutes to go, because they would obviously be going for the win.

    Would united have been able to contain them? Who knows.

    Fergie went mental and didn't react in the right way, he was too slow, he should have calmed the team instead of whipping them up into a frezy, they were still going through after all. Mourinho reacted perfectly.

    The red card was harsh, but I have seen them given for less, its not that mental a decision, it was a flying kick FFS.

    That Madrid team has match winners all over the place. I would have preferred it to stay 11 vs 11, but it made for a great finish!
  • nickthegun 6 Mar 2013 10:17:23 71,375 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Blaketown wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    And if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle. You dont know what would have happened. Jose could have thrown on Modric and he may have scored that peach against eleven men and with their tails up gone on to win it.

    There was over half an hour left when Nani got sent off, so anything could have happened.
    Thats exactly my point. See all the qualifications I used? 'Could' and 'May'? What the hell is wrong with you?
  • Blaketown 6 Mar 2013 10:18:23 5,658 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm guessing you don't know what the phrase "if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle" means then.

    That's fine. Carry on.
  • nickthegun 6 Mar 2013 10:22:30 71,375 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Blaketown wrote:
    I'm guessing you don't know what the phrase "if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle" means then.

    That's fine. Carry on.
    Yes, i do but im kind of getting the impression that you dont, weirdly.
  • Latin 6 Mar 2013 10:23:00 4,075 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Deckard1 Why isn't the goalie sent off for punching vidic? Dangerous play surely?

    Or, that doesn't suit your point of view does it?
  • mikew1985 6 Mar 2013 10:25:00 14,431 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Latin wrote:
    @Deckard1 Why isn't the goalie sent off for punching vidic? Dangerous play surely?

    Or, that doesn't suit your point of view does it?
    You've been to the forum before right? Deckard is just on the wind up.
  • ascue 6 Mar 2013 10:27:02 167 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Juventus - Celtic should be fun.
  • Page

    of 845 First / Last

Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.