• Page

of 132 First / Last

• Hunam 18 May 2010 22:02:48 20,674 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    A recast joker would suck.

Harley would win.

Riddler would suck.

To be honest, Nolan has a massive amount of control, I doubt we'll see shit casting like eddie murphy or shit the bed or what ever his name is.
  • morriss 18 May 2010 22:03:28 70,929 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Here's what Nolan told the mag: "'I'd be more excited to have Philip Seymour Hoffman in the film than to have the Penguin. There are certain characters that are easier to mesh with the more real take on Batman we're doing. The Penguin would be tricky." And while I'd love to see Nolan's vision of the Penguin, I'm glad he's not going villain overboard -- too many bad guys spoils the ... uh, broth.
  • morriss 18 May 2010 22:04:28 70,929 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ProfessorLesser wrote:

Why is Harley shit?
    Because she's just a female Joker (but nowhere near as charismatic) who adds nothing to the universe what so ever.
  • ProfessorLesser 18 May 2010 22:05:35 19,356 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Except the Nolan universe is very, very small and would add quite a lot to Batman's mounting struggles against nutjobs.

She doesn't have to be 'just a female Joker' if you're making a new film.
  • Hunam 18 May 2010 22:08:13 20,674 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    She supports the jokers role, insomuch as that she solidifies his place as a genius as he was able to turn his psychiatrist into his personal pet. But she is not as dark as him, she has a name and a history and outside of the Jokers influence she's mostly harmless. I think her general fickle nature and turncoat morality is interesting.
  • morriss 18 May 2010 22:10:25 70,929 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I don't.
  • Deleted user 18 May 2010 22:10:38
    Harley is not shit. She could be so great if used properly (I trust Nolan here), it'd be a shame if we didn't get to see her in some capacity in the next film.
  • LockeTribal 18 May 2010 22:12:09 4,512 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well, if it's going to be kept to "realistic" villains, the Riddler's probably a safe bet.

Hugo Strange or Deadshot (even though he appeared in the animated prequel to TDK) are decent outside chances, IMO.
  • morriss 18 May 2010 22:13:31 70,929 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Please name me a Batman story arc in which Harley fucking Quinn played some kind of pivotal role, or, just played a role that didn't make her shit?

I've most likely got it, read it, but I'd still love to know what you're all basing this on.
  • Deleted user 18 May 2010 22:15:39
    Well speaking for myself, I'm basing it on "The Animated Series".
  • morriss 18 May 2010 22:16:21 70,929 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, she's great in that. "Of course Mr. J! Whatever you say Mr. J!"

Awesome.

Paul Dini's a cunt.
  • Deleted user 18 May 2010 22:31:43
    Yes he is and Harley is shit. I can't think of any way of Nolan making her character good.

spudsbuckley wrote:
    Ledger wasn't that great as the joker for fuck sake, if he hadn't died it would have been a pretty much forgettable performance. Recast and move on.

Such bollocks.
  • ProfessorLesser 18 May 2010 22:35:29 19,356 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    Please name me a Batman story arc in which Harley fucking Quinn played some kind of pivotal role, or, just played a role that didn't make her shit?

I've most likely got it, read it, but I'd still love to know what you're all basing this on.
    You sound like you're asking for scripture to justify my morality. What the fuck is this stance about? Source material is for inspiration, not transcription. Harley Quinn could be whoever the fuck she's needed to be in a new film, with whatever character you wanted to give her. The fact she's never played a pivotal role in the backstory means she can't be given one now?
  • BinaryBob101 18 May 2010 22:53:33 22,637 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I said this a while back. Although Levitt may be The Riddler, I think Joker may still lurk in the background never seen, after all, he's not dead is he?

I can see Joseph Gordon Levitt being involved in the action though as he's a bloody brilliant actor and he's in Inception. He'd be a great relatively unknown actor to take on the poison chalice of The Joker too. I reckon this would be the best direction to take Batman 3 in. It'll be, what, four years after TDK was released? Respect has been paid in full to Heath Ledger.

Let the story continue with The Joker, in Arkham, so we really never need to see him in full anyway and add The Riddler into the mix, as a PI working for the GPD to find wanted murderer "The Batman". Only the GPD has no idea that the Riddler is also committing some pretty fucking depraved Seven-style serial killing on the side - in an attempt to put Batman in the frame. Of course, The Riddler is being controlled by The Joker all along. Brilliant.

Sir_Walter_Rally wrote:
    Many films are based on phone charge running out and being trapped somewhere...

• CosmicFuzz 18 May 2010 23:04:53 23,850 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What about Julian Day or some other smaller baddie? If Two-Face comes back they won't bring too many big named bad guys.

Episode 5 of our gaming podcast Open Source is a Gamescom Special. Check it out here!

• BinaryBob101 18 May 2010 23:15:34 22,637 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What about a new Nolan thought baddie, never seen before in comics? It'd probably trump all of DCs most creative minds after all.

Sir_Walter_Rally wrote:

• BinaryBob101 18 May 2010 23:16:04 22,637 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh Cosmic, Two Face is DEAD!

Sir_Walter_Rally wrote:

• Deleted user 18 May 2010 23:16:53
    Nolan seems to be going down a route where the impact on the city/the people is just as important as on the central characters.

I'm not sure Calendar Man fits into that, Black Mask could, Joker does, Riddler could, Deadshot could, Hush could, Catwoman won't. After that you get to the likes of Zsasz who has already been used but others of that standard can be there in extremely minor roles.

I think that covers all the more likely ones, other than the possibility of no single enemy.
  • BinaryBob101 18 May 2010 23:19:38 22,637 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yep. No enemy at all could be cool. Batman Vs GPD could be very worthwhile.

Sir_Walter_Rally wrote:

• Deleted user 18 May 2010 23:23:37
    I suppose there's always the possibility of Lex Luthor as well.

No reason why they couldn't do a good version of him whilst having that arc into Superman.
  • ProfessorLesser 18 May 2010 23:29:16 19,356 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The idea of combining Superman into Batman's world is utterly laughable, to be honest. It would be a horrible, pointless mess.
  • BinaryBob101 18 May 2010 23:30:51 22,637 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Lex Luthor will not happen. Nolan has already said the two worlds have no place together, even though he's the Godfather steering the new Superman film. It won't happen.

Sir_Walter_Rally wrote:

• SuperCoolEskimo 18 May 2010 23:34:03 9,775 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Given how TDK finished, I'm interested in what they'll do with Batman's relationship with the people of Gotham City.
  • CosmicFuzz 18 May 2010 23:35:39 23,850 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    BinaryBob101 wrote:
    Oh Cosmic, Two Face is DEAD!

I kind of hope not, was a total waste in the end if he is!

Episode 5 of our gaming podcast Open Source is a Gamescom Special. Check it out here!

• ProfessorLesser 18 May 2010 23:36:28 19,356 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, let's have that argument again :-)
  • CosmicFuzz 18 May 2010 23:36:53 23,850 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hehe :D

• CosmicFuzz 18 May 2010 23:38:54 23,850 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Micro_Explosion. wrote:
    Nolan seems to be going down a route where the impact on the city/the people is just as important as on the central characters.

I'm not sure Calendar Man fits into that, Black Mask could, Joker does, Riddler could, Deadshot could, Hush could, Catwoman won't. After that you get to the likes of Zsasz who has already been used but others of that standard can be there in extremely minor roles.

I think that covers all the more likely ones, other than the possibility of no single enemy.

Black Mask could be a good one actually.

I've not read Hush so don't know him well.

As I've said, think Riddler could be done well by Nolan. Zsasz would have been great but he's already been in it (could come back of course). Keep Catwoman the fuck away.

I think Robin could be good if done well. No stupid comedy etc, but I would trust Nolan to do him properly before a lot of people.

• BinaryBob101 18 May 2010 23:40:57 22,637 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    Given how TDK finished, I'm interested in what they'll do with Batman's relationship with the people of Gotham City.

This is how it will go. Batman, GPD and the folk of Gotham.

Sir_Walter_Rally wrote:

• Deleted user 18 May 2010 23:41:31
    ProfessorLesser wrote:
    The idea of combining Superman into Batman's world is utterly laughable, to be honest. It would be a horrible, pointless mess.

Which is why I didn't say Superman. That wouldn't work.
  • Deleted user 18 May 2010 23:43:23
    BinaryBob101 wrote:
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:

This is how it will go. Batman, GPD and the folk of Gotham.

It would be tricky to deal with Gordon then, but it's a good idea.
  • Page

of 132 First / Last