The Dark Knight Rises (Batman 3) Page 125

• Page

of 132 First / Last

• DFawkes 14 Aug 2012 23:26:09 22,817 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    It was okay, but there were plotholes and continuity issues everywhere, it even went from light to dark in a matter of minutes!

8/10
    Did it? I thought we cleared up the whole light to dark issue when someone watched that scene again and confirmed it wasn't the case?

Not that it would enhance your enjoyment of the film of course. I realise you'd still feel the same way about the quality of the film over all :)

Edited by DFawkes at 23:27:24 14-08-2012

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Feanor 15 Aug 2012 00:59:38 14,148 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    Well, I've finally seen it. I think it was the best Nolan Batman film. An 8/10 I'd say, whereas Begins was 6 and TDK was 7 IMO. The others faded quite quickly for me, so it isn't out of the question that that won't happen again, but I think it was a fair bit better than the other two. Not perfect by any means, though.
    That's harsh on Batman Begins. I just watched the whole movie again for the first time in ages, and it's brilliant.
  • damagedinc 15 Aug 2012 02:07:26 723 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    It was okay, but there were plotholes and continuity issues everywhere, it even went from light to dark in a matter of minutes!

8/10
    Did it? I thought we cleared up the whole light to dark issue when someone watched that scene again and confirmed it wasn't the case?

Not that it would enhance your enjoyment of the film of course. I realise you'd still feel the same way about the quality of the film over all :)
    Yeah when you see it again you can clearly see street lights and car lights on. Even though it appears quite light it is clearly dusk/early eve. Assume lighting on set has made it appear lighter then it should.
  • GuiltySpark 15 Aug 2012 05:54:17 6,363 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was referring to that music video you chumps : )

Trust me, I've said all I'm gonna say on the film.

Get bent.

• DFawkes 15 Aug 2012 23:24:37 22,817 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ah, sorry. My bad!

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Gaol 21 Aug 2012 18:10:07 2,263 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Saw this today. Second half was a lot better than the first; decent Summer blockbuster.

They missed a trick showing Bale in the Cafe at the end; just Michael Caine's look of recognition and smile would have worked better.
  • Deleted user 21 August 2012 18:21:38
    Maybe not post the ending???
  • jack24 21 Aug 2012 18:27:42 284 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh come on, if you haven't seen it but you're still looking at this thread then you deserve to have it spoiled.
  • Dolly 21 Aug 2012 21:29:39 3,223 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    jack24 wrote:
    Oh come on, if you haven't seen it but you're still looking at this thread then you deserve to have it spoiled.
    QFT.

It's not as if it wasn't painfully obvious that Gary Oldman was going to be revealed as the new Batgirl all along anyway...
  • kentmonkey 21 Aug 2012 21:59:57 20,607 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I must admit, people that go into a film or game specific thread and then complain that they've had the film/game spoiled for them really do grit my shit.

In general forum chat, yeah, out of order to be putting out spoilers. But in specific threads...WTF are you doing in them if you don't want to find out stuff about the film/game. It's why I didn't even venture into this thread for weeks until I'd seen the film.
  • Deleted user 21 August 2012 22:06:47
    revan8 wrote:
    He didn't. Posting the ending would be revealing that Batman survives the nuke that Marion Cotilard (who turns out to be Talia Al Ghul) was behind by fixing the autopilot, so fakes his own death and passes the Batman legacy onto Joseph Gordon Levitt's character, who turns out to be called Robin.
  • Flightrisker 21 Aug 2012 22:13:08 18,138 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    revan8 wrote:
    Bale's in a cafe?! Fuck that, glad I didn't waste 10 quid seeing that, sounds shit.
  • Deleted user 21 August 2012 22:32:25
    :)
  • morriss 29 Aug 2012 17:23:38 70,947 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
  • Mola_Ram 2 Sep 2012 02:02:40 7,251 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    There's an abridged script out for this. Apologies if already posted. It's quite funny.

Grrggllrrr frrrraar!
  • Feanor 2 Sep 2012 02:10:19 14,148 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Gaol wrote:
    Saw this today. Second half was a lot better than the first; decent Summer blockbuster.

They missed a trick showing Bale in the Cafe at the end; just Michael Caine's look of recognition and smile would have worked better.
    No, an Inception-style ending would have been awful. We had to deal with enough retards saying that the ending was ambiguous as it was.
  • GuiltySpark 2 Sep 2012 03:17:51 6,363 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Feanor wrote:
    Gaol wrote:

No, an Inception-style ending would have been awful. We had to deal with enough retards saying that the ending was ambiguous as it was.
    I said exactly this (regarding only showing the smile, and how it would have been better) a while back. I fail to see how it would be Inception style as you yourself said how unambiguous it was, meaning that cutting out seeing Wayne at the end wouldn't have made it ambiguous either.

Stylistically, it would have served it purpose plotwise and would have been a hell of a lot better.

Get bent.

• TarickStonefire 2 Sep 2012 09:22:43 3,048 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I haven't seen this and don't have any intention to any time soon, so can someone tell me what happens at the end that everyone has been all "ooooh" about, please? Does Batman "appear" to die? Is one of the characters supposed to be Robin? Do we ever actually see Robin?

Spoiler tags if you like.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• TarickStonefire 2 Sep 2012 09:24:46 3,048 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Feanor Batman Begins is far better than TDK, which was an overlong snorefest punctuated by excellent bits with the Joker in.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• Deleted user 2 September 2012 10:25:28
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    I haven't seen this and don't have any intention to any time soon, so can someone tell me what happens at the end that everyone has been all "ooooh" about, please? Does Batman "appear" to die? Is one of the characters supposed to be Robin? Do we ever actually see Robin?

Spoiler tags if you like.
    It's freely available elsewhere on the internet. Rather than trying to impress some figment of your imagination by asking the question here, go there.
  • localnotail 13 Dec 2012 15:40:21 23,093 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    (spoilers, obv)

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• morriss 13 Dec 2012 15:47:46 70,947 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    awful shite.
  • Gruff 13 Dec 2012 15:47:57 2,855 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The ending of TDKR

Nuclear bomb at the end, all I could think of was Tsunami, particularly in the light of New York/Gotham and Hurricanes

I think these Batman movies are vastly overrated but I realise I am in the minority on this one.

Edited by Gruff at 15:58:58 13-12-2012

It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.
    ― Agnes Repplier

• GuiltySpark 13 Dec 2012 15:53:20 6,363 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ah, if only Nolan had known that there are a lot of people sitting at home with fuck all to do and a Mac, he might have made some changes : )

Get bent.

• GuiltySpark 13 Dec 2012 15:54:13 6,363 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    awful shite.
    Yeah, especially the ending, nuclear bomb lol.

Get bent.

• Gambit1977 13 Dec 2012 16:01:07 9,583 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Everyone finally agrees its bad then?
  • Deleted user 13 December 2012 16:02:20
    No, it is brilliant and you have shit taste.
  • Gambit1977 13 Dec 2012 16:03:36 9,583 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    No, it is brilliant and you have shit taste.
    Clearly I missed out everyone intelligent.
  • GuiltySpark 13 Dec 2012 16:04:14 6,363 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Only when you have tears in your eyes when you recite the script word for word to your mother can you really rate this film.

Get bent.

• Gambit1977 13 Dec 2012 16:05:19 9,583 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Only when you have tears in your eyes when you recite the script word for word to your mother can you really rate this film.
    :lol: I am genuinely moved.
  • Page

of 132 First / Last