Behold - The Mighty THOR!

  • Page

    of 9 First / Last

    Previous
  • BinaryBob101 30 Apr 2010 16:13:08 25,496 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Behold him here and rip apart his look:

    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/44880


    I think his eyes look too close together and the red colour is too red.
  • megastar 30 Apr 2010 16:16:09 17,218 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I always pictured Thor being 16 feet tall with a hammer the size of a Bus.

    This underwhelms me!
  • Derblington 30 Apr 2010 16:17:21 23,215 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think it's pretty good. Better than I was expecting.
  • Buztafen 30 Apr 2010 16:17:48 16,835 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Any THOR is good THOR!
  • Spanky 30 Apr 2010 16:20:02 14,641 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah that's good, i'm satisfied... for now!
  • Buztafen 30 Apr 2010 16:20:18 16,835 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    BinaryBob101 wrote:
    Behold him here and rip apart his look:

    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/44880


    I think his eyes look too close together and the red colour is too red.

    For the 10 or so minutes he was George Kirk in Trek i thought he did a great job. Though he'll have to gruff up his voice a bit for this role as he sounds a bit too fay to be THOR!
  • Buztafen 30 Apr 2010 16:21:01 16,835 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    megastar wrote:
    I always pictured Thor being 16 feet tall with a hammer the size of a Bus.

    This underwhelms me!

    Please exit the thread immediately, your geek quota is way too low.
  • CosmicFuzz 30 Apr 2010 16:21:55 28,208 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Awesome pic.
  • MaxHughes 30 Apr 2010 16:22:18 452 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    For those that stay behind during credits of Iron Man 2: you see Thor's hammer (Mjöllnir) somewhere in New Mexico
  • StarchildHypocrethes 30 Apr 2010 16:23:34 27,525 posts
    Seen 51 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Thor just makes me think of the guy from Nickleback, with a hammer.

    Therefore in my book Thor is a bit lame.
  • Vice.Destroyer 30 Apr 2010 16:24:25 6,151 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There might be an argument for not mentioning that spoiler at all. My own fault for reading it, but I could have done with not having had that revealed.

    Curses.
  • LockeTribal 30 Apr 2010 16:25:15 4,589 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Vice.Destroyer wrote:
    There might be an argument for not mentioning that spoiler at all. My own fault for reading it, but I could have done with not having had that revealed.

    Curses.

    I concur.
  • Spanky 30 Apr 2010 16:26:12 14,641 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Vice.Destroyer wrote:
    My own fault for reading it
    That's right, stop being an info whore. I read it, and i got a spoiler, just like it said.
  • BinaryBob101 30 Apr 2010 16:29:44 25,496 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's so obvious anyway. They could have done something a bit more leftfield.
  • Buztafen 30 Apr 2010 16:29:46 16,835 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Im looking forward to Chris Evans as Cap aswell, he was the best thing in both FF films...though that's not saying much.
  • BinaryBob101 30 Apr 2010 16:30:53 25,496 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Chris Evans can be a very good actor given the right material. His work in Sunshine was fantastic.
  • Derblington 30 Apr 2010 16:31:47 23,215 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I like him, but I'm not sure he's Steve Rogers.
  • Shrike 30 Apr 2010 16:35:28 405 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was really holding out for Jon Hamm as Steve Rogers, but I guess they wanted someone younger.

    Like what they're doing with Thor. I'd rather they did normal Marvel U youngish-Thor than crazy-old-man Ultimates Thor, and this seems somewhere between the two. So, cool enough.
  • Buztafen 30 Apr 2010 16:35:33 16,835 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well, atleast its not Tom Cruise. He's been rumoured to be every comic superhero since Spiderman.
  • BinaryBob101 30 Apr 2010 16:36:51 25,496 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    And here is the reveal of what is apparently another villain - Destroyer:

    http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/04/29/thor-villain-revealed/
  • Buztafen 30 Apr 2010 16:37:12 16,835 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Shrike wrote:
    Like what they're doing with Thor. I'd rather they did normal Marvel U youngish-Thor than crazy-old-man Ultimates Thor, and this seems somewhere between the two. So, cool enough.

    Im just happy he's got a goatee. Clean-shaved THOR looks like a nancy poof!
  • BinaryBob101 30 Apr 2010 16:37:53 25,496 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Buztafen wrote:
    Well, atleast its not Tom Cruise. He's been rumoured to be every comic superhero since Spiderman.

    No, he hasn't.
  • Deleted user 30 April 2010 16:39:55
    Is this the one that has Stringer Bell in it (no idea what his real name is).
  • Vice.Destroyer 30 Apr 2010 16:42:43 6,151 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Spanky wrote:
    Vice.Destroyer wrote:
    My own fault for reading it
    That's right, stop being an info whore. I read it, and i got a spoiler, just like it said.

    May the next 400 comics you buy all have the last page missing.
    :)
  • localnotail 30 Apr 2010 16:43:49 23,084 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Is this the one that has Stringer Bell in it (no idea what his real name is).

    Idris Elba

    /swoooooons

    Uh huh. He's in The Losers too.
  • Buztafen 30 Apr 2010 16:45:38 16,835 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well Spiderman, Iron Man, Cap, Mr Fantastic and Hulk is quite a few Bob. Oh and Ghost Rider.
  • Deleted user 30 April 2010 16:46:18
    I'm still getting over the fact that he is English.

    And McNulty is an old Etonian posh boy!

    :(
  • Spanky 30 Apr 2010 16:48:23 14,641 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Vice.Destroyer wrote:
    May the next 400 comics you buy all have the last page missing.
    :)

    They already do as far as i'm concerned. "... to be continued", "Next issue... Climactic Conclusion... Nuff Said".

    /doesn't buy next issue
  • localnotail 30 Apr 2010 16:48:35 23,084 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's called acting...
  • BinaryBob101 30 Apr 2010 16:51:02 25,496 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Buztafen wrote:
    Well Spiderman, Iron Man, Cap, Mr Fantastic and Hulk is quite a few Bob. Oh and Ghost Rider.

    I think most of that was PR from his own camp which failed. He was never in the running for Cap.
  • Page

    of 9 First / Last

    Previous
Log in or register to reply