A Shadow's Tale Page 3

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Next
  • VeggieWokker 27 Nov 2010 13:46:46 297 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    No need to pause a Wii game, just press home ;).
  • figaro7 31 Dec 2010 02:00:46 1,362 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just ordered this, hope krud doesnt let me down with his passion for the game!
  • Fletche 31 Dec 2010 08:59:37 3,418 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Don't worry, it is great, I have nearly finished but it has been put on hold because I got stuck and GT5 was released, will go back and finish soon though.
  • Oh-Bollox 31 Dec 2010 09:16:59 5,164 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sub-20, first time I've seen it.
  • figaro7 12 Jan 2011 21:17:46 1,362 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Finally got this in the mail yesterday, done the initial 3 or 4 levels and its quite good. Getting used to looking at the shadow's take some time to adjust however. A solid start though!
  • figaro7 16 Jan 2011 20:46:05 1,362 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    6 and a bit hours into it now and its pretty much clicked with me and im enjoying it. The first few hours didnt grab me as much as i thought, there was nothing really wrong with the game but it did feel like it was in cruise mode for a while.

The weight jumping reminds me of old nes games and the fighting, while extremely basic, is kept fresh thanks to the different enemy types thrown at you constantly.

The weird noises the enemies make along with the dreary music and those footsteps really keeps the tension up and i really enjoy the atmosphere the game creates, really suits the subtle story.

After the platform games i played last year on the wii, while its not as good as mario or donkey, its better than sonic colours, epic mickey and on par with and yet it moves.

• figaro7 18 Jan 2011 02:31:28 1,362 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well just hit the collectathon part, its not overly exhausting but the sewer levels were quite absorbing, not so much a challenge, more "oh i have to go here and do this then go back and do this" etc.

What i did work out that going through the tower again is quicker if your heading DOWN levels and not UP! Made the mistake of not doing this on one glass piece, i think it was the one on level 16. Started at level 10, didnt make that mistake again, breezing through the last few in no time! Now im up to the dark tower and done the first floor, its some crazy shit!

Still enjoying it and honestly, some of the reviews that are thrown around are too harsh on this, way too harsh.
  • figaro7 18 Jan 2011 20:32:15 1,362 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Game finished! Finally.... it just went on far too long towards the end and the game probably could have been shortened by 3-4 hours. What started out as i thought a decent sized platformer turned into a massive one in the end and theres no way this could have been done on wiiware.

Id nearly give this an 8 but there was a few niggles such as the padding towards the end, the little fetch quest and the puzzles werent overly difficult, just very time consuming. A lot of back and forth movement, especially when the game went 3d.

So a 7 it is.
  • aeschylus 11 Mar 2013 14:48:12 446 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If anyone still wants this, base.com are 13.99, or 14.99 at Zavvi on ebay..

seems they must of done another re-print
  • Page

of 3 First / Last

Next