Nintendo 3DS Page 314

• Page

of 372 First / Last

• addyb 10 Jul 2013 00:27:32 1,322 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Mageme

Thanks for the impressions. Its certainly one I will keep my eye on and will definitely pick it up earlier then I plan if I see a bargain but for now my 3DS backlog is growing quite big (never thought I'd be saying that 12 months ago!!)
  • zoolophage 11 Jul 2013 10:46:02 2,293 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've been thinking that I may soon be going all digital for first party games on 3ds. Sure, there's a price premium to be paid that way but I reckon I'll get more gaming done due to having stuff immediately at hand. That would make it worth the extra.

Plus the limitation of having only a few games available at a time on SD card is a bonus in some ways. I don't resell games so the lack of sell on value isn't an issue for me. Anyone else thinking of going all digital?

Win great prizes for pc, xbox, nintendo and psn in the 2015 EG Charity Raffle: http://www.eurogamer.net/forum/thread/289501

• Murbs 11 Jul 2013 10:48:50 22,591 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If you do make sure you buy the codes from GAME - you'll save a decent amount of cash over the Ninty price.
  • zoolophage 11 Jul 2013 10:57:00 2,293 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Murbal

Thanks for the tip. I think I will conduct an experiment over the next few months and see how it works out.

Win great prizes for pc, xbox, nintendo and psn in the 2015 EG Charity Raffle: http://www.eurogamer.net/forum/thread/289501

• mikew1985 11 Jul 2013 12:07:32 13,047 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    All digital is superb especially for handhelds. If you're travelling having numerous games avaialble without the need ot carry fiddly little carts is a great convenience.
  • addyb 11 Jul 2013 12:09:34 1,322 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I am tempted to go all digital. Presently though I'm addicted to filling my 24 cart holder case. Currently holding 17 games :)
  • DFawkes 11 Jul 2013 12:13:12 24,097 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Game Cards are awesome. They're like little gems that contain whole worlds to explore and bend to your will. I don't want to cram them onto an SD Card! Though I appreciate others might not be as mental as me.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Kay 11 Jul 2013 12:16:56 17,971 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    For the Vita I'd agree about going all-digital, not so much for the 3DS. I actually like the little Nintendo game carts, and swapping carts isn't exactly fiddly (unlike on the Vita). Then there's the whole thing about not having access to your games if you lose the console, as it's not tied to an account.
  • Aretak 11 Jul 2013 12:18:19 10,376 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah, I'd never consider going all-digital on the 3DS until Nintendo get their shit together and put some sort of unified account system in place.
  • Derblington 11 Jul 2013 12:27:33 22,303 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm all digital on both Vita and 3DS. Personally, I like it, really just for ease of use. I do use the GAME e-store DD purchases.

Obviously if I lost the machine it'd suck, but I don't worry about getting hit by a car crossing the street for the same reason. I'm careful with my stuff so unless it's stolen from me it should be fine.

It takes up to/about an hour to download games, which I think is fine. I'll probably go digital more and more in Gen4 too (which is why I kinda like the original X1 design). It suits me but I can understand all the reason people don't want to go digital with their gaming devices.

Edited by Derblington at 12:28:45 11-07-2013
  • mikew1985 11 Jul 2013 12:27:39 13,047 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That is true I suppose, and I especially have seen the bullshit rigmaroll of their terrible account management.

Edited by mikew1985 at 12:28:08 11-07-2013
  • redcrayon 11 Jul 2013 14:21:51 4,574 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Derblington
    Steady on with that eminently reasonable approach, this is a game forum! :-)
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Jul 2013 14:37:53 11,933 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm tempted to go all digital, I hate the carts and lost about 4 DS games, having a library all onboard appeals despite the cost premium.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Deleted user 11 July 2013 15:52:08
    Problem with all digital on the 3ds is you have to trust Nintendo with your digital content. Which is in itself is the height of stupidity.
  • Murbs 11 Jul 2013 15:53:02 22,591 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @mowgli :D
  • Kay 11 Jul 2013 15:56:12 17,971 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Why would you need to trust Nintendo? Unless something happens to your console the digital content will always be there. If the console breaks or needs to be repaired, then Nintendo should be able to transfer stuff over (in theory, I think that's it works anyway).

And if you somehow lose your console then, well, you wouldn't have a console to play those games on anyway.
  • thegofp 11 Jul 2013 15:59:16 169 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Between Mario & Luigi and Project X Zone, with my already considerable backlog, I've got hundreds of hours of game slogging on my 3DS. An hour every day on Animal Crossing as well. Having 2 must play games every month really puts a toll on the system.

When buying download codes online from GAME do they just email it to you or is it a hassle to deal with? My # of carts is just getting too much to handle.
  • CharlieStCloud 11 Jul 2013 15:59:58 5,530 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Problem with all digital on the 3ds is you have to trust Nintendo with your digital content. Which is in itself is the height of stupidity.
    Lose your 3DS?

... you lose EVERYTHING.

That is why Nintendo are still stuck in the Stone Ages.
  • Deleted user 11 July 2013 16:32:15
    Kay wrote:
    Why would you need to trust Nintendo? Unless something happens to your console the digital content will always be there. If the console breaks or needs to be repaired, then Nintendo should be able to transfer stuff over (in theory, I think that's it works anyway).

And if you somehow lose your console then, well, you wouldn't have a console to play those games on anyway.
    Seriously? You lose your console, you go buy another one and automatically have access to all your games again. On the Vita at least. And the psp five years ago. And every digital distribution model since. Just not the ds or 3ds.
  • Kay 11 Jul 2013 16:43:02 17,971 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    But if you buy another console you can have Nintendo transfer content over for you, no? Or is it not that simple?

Anyway, I'm not denying that the console needs a proper account management system, I think everyone can agree with that. I'm just saying that you're still in control of your digital content. If you lose a console, whose fault is it?
  • ProfessorLesser 11 Jul 2013 16:44:20 19,417 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just picked up a Blue XL like new for 140 with a few DS games and Tetris 3DS chucked in :) Pretty chuffed! Can't wait to join the Animal Crossing/MH3U party again :)
  • thegofp 11 Jul 2013 17:40:28 169 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    If a console is stolen or broken, Nintendo can restore the account to a new system. If you buy a new console, you can transfer the data from one 3DS to another. The only issue is if you sell a 3DS first and then buy a new one, Nintendo'll say "nope!" and you don't get any of your downloads back (and whoever got your old 3DS gets to keep them). That's what needs to be fixed.
  • Deleted user 11 July 2013 18:41:12
    What time are M&L reviews dropping? Game is out tomorrow :(
  • captain_markyboy 11 Jul 2013 18:58:23 250 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    What time are M&L reviews dropping? Game is out tomorrow :(
    Got it today. Shopto always deliver early!
    Brilliant so far. An hour in. Same mario and luigi goodness.
  • JiveHound 11 Jul 2013 20:04:13 2,747 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah, bit strange at lack of reviews so far. Especially as Luigi's Mansion's were posted the week before. I think Fire Emblem's were early too.

In regards to SD over physical. I'm risking it and going full digital. I like all the games at hand. It bothers me that I have four games as gamecards and maybe one day I'll rectify that.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• mal 11 Jul 2013 20:06:14 22,842 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    thegofp wrote:
    If a console is stolen or broken, Nintendo can restore the account to a new system.
    Can they? If so why the fuck can't they assign the stuff you've bought to a new account if you bought if off account?

Dunno, I've not heard of anyone who's had their 3ds nicked getting their games back. And given you need to carry the thing everywhere to get your coins, there's a few of those.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• jellyBelly 11 Jul 2013 20:17:35 471 posts
    Seen 11 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Edge gave it a 7, haven't read the text though. Have far too big a backlog to buy this at the mo

PSN:lumulata, NN Dollodon

• Malignant 11 Jul 2013 21:34:06 87 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @DFawkes

DFawkes wrote:
    Game Cards are awesome. They're like little gems that contain whole worlds to explore and bend to your will. I don't want to cram them onto an SD Card! Though I appreciate others might not be as mental as me.

Don't worry I'm mental too.

In fact I'm seriously considering purchasing a physical copy of Super Mario 3D Land even though the digital version was already included with my 3DS XL.

On a side note, I'm currently writing this message via the 3DS web browser. The Eurogamer Forums work great but the browser can't load the comments under the news posts :-/

Does anyone else use the browser?
  • RyanDS 11 Jul 2013 21:42:50 9,860 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    mal wrote:
    thegofp wrote:
    If a console is stolen or broken, Nintendo can restore the account to a new system.
    Can they? If so why the fuck can't they assign the stuff you've bought to a new account if you bought if off account?

Dunno, I've not heard of anyone who's had their 3ds nicked getting their games back. And given you need to carry the thing everywhere to get your coins, there's a few of those.
    It's very simple. All you need to do is get a police report, make sure you had the code for the console, phone Nintendo, moan, and eventually you can redownload some of it.

As opposed to every other fucking device where you type in your account details on the new device and download instantly. Hell, with the Vita and some apple / android stuff you get your save games back as well.
  • AaronTurner 11 Jul 2013 21:53:35 7,886 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Wow, that's crazy, I had no idea it would be so difficult to get your games back if you lose or break your console! It should really be a simple matter of changing things over with digital purchases surely?

Is it the same for the vita?
  • Page

of 372 First / Last