Vaping adventures Page 53

• Page

of 168 First / Last

• TheRealBadabing 26 Jan 2013 00:45:43 1,329 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's a rebranded Lavatube and I'm sorry to say that unless you managed a big discount you have probably been ripped off using TW to buy one.

The Lavatube is a pretty standard size if you want variable voltage with a decent sized battery. It's a good bit of kit.

Like DB said, TW overprices everything and then puts a shitty little logo on all their stuff. Tacky as a pink velour shell suit.

As always, look at sites like cloud9vaping and liberty-flights. Same stuff (I mean EXACTLY the same) but much cheaper and no chavvy logo.

TW were a good brand when nobody else was out there but these days they are anything but. Apart from using legal threats to shut down ukvapers.co.uk they continue to overcharge because they seem to have the muppet mass market tied down. They are not well regarded in the vaping community.

One of the dads at my daughter's school has taken up vaping recently. Does he listen to what I have to say (having been vaping at the school gates for 3 years)? Does he fuck. He goes on about how his mate uses TW and it's great. Fuck him and fuck anyone else that uses that site after even skimming this thread. There are so many better suppliers out there and I'm getting pissed off offering advice that is ignored.
  • BillMurray 26 Jan 2013 00:54:55 7,793 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Starting to think about giving one of these a go. Tried my friends e-cig whilst we were doing a podcast last week and was pretty surprised how much a puff on one felt like a cigarette, especially the sensation of having some in your lungs.

I kinda just expected the strength of a really week cigarette(like a Silk Cut or such nonsense). Looks like a have a fair bit of reading to do in this thread. I don't smoke as much as I used to as I maybe only smoke a few every couple of days so I don't think i'm too addicted. It's definitely more of a problem when i'm on nights out.
  • Mr_Sleep 26 Jan 2013 08:09:55 17,184 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    These are what was recommended to me, so if you fancy taking a punt then it's worth having a look. The problem with the e cigarette malarky is that it's pretty hard to penetrate at first so it's worth just getting a starter pack. See how that goes, if you like the sensation then go on to trying out different liquids, everyone has their favourites but the sweet ones are better than tobacco and steer well clear of mint!

You are a factory of sadness.

• NewbieZilla 27 Jan 2013 21:53:10 239 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I wanted to repost some stuff (and post some new stuff too) in case people missed them...

English version of petition: http://ig-ed.org/presse/petition/PT_EN.pdf
    Petition itself: http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/e-zigarette-in-gefahr?utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=url_share&utm_campaign=url_share_before_sign#news

I am a member of boards.ie which has a Vaping subforum. Anyway, on that section, they have a where to buy section. There is a section for Irish online places to buy, a UK and some others. I reckon the UK section will be of more use here, so I'll link that: http://www.vapingireland.com/Home/Vendors

For other Irish people, the Irish section is a tab at the top. There are discount codes for certain places.

If anyone wants to see the boards.ie section, it is here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1497

Edit: Oh, right, the vendors page just defaults on the Irish part. Ye all see the UK thing anyway so it doesn't matter.

Edited by NewbieZilla at 21:55:19 27-01-2013
  • Dr_Mech 3 Feb 2013 10:10:20 1,043 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just started the switch to E-cigarettes a couple of days ago, was a gift from me dear old mum since when I last saw her we were talking about them, bought me them out of the blue!

She bought them from Skycig, not sure how reputable that company is.

Did anyone else starting out find that you still did you old smoking habits? Like since I don't like the smell of smoke in the house I went outside to do it, almost subconsciously I find myself wandering outside with the E-ciggy despite the fact I know I can smoke it indoors.

Also noticed that they have a strange taste to them, it is almost a sweet sugary vanilla taste, unless those are the ones she bought me, can't say I dislike it.
  • Psychotext 3 Feb 2013 10:39:43 54,398 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There's about 8 million different flavours available as it's very, very easy to flavour the base liquid.

...and yeah, I used to go outside as a general rule.
  • m1lly 8 Feb 2013 12:10:41 14 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I am currently using a lavatube (aka. torpedo VVV via. TW) and the VIVA NOVA tank.

After vaping for near a year now, the viva nova is the best addon i have used so far, having tried many clearomizers, atomisers, dual coil tanks etc.

Do you all buy premixed juice? Since I got mine, I have been making up my own mixes with 35% pg, 30% vg, 15% titanium ice (nicotine) and 20% flavouring.
  • Zomoniac 8 Feb 2013 12:14:34 7,854 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You got a link for that tank? Can't find it on TW. I'm just using the standard Torpedo clearomizers, which work fine but seem to have a very short lifespan.
  • Zomoniac 8 Feb 2013 12:18:45 7,854 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oh, and re my post from t'other week about getting 3 faulty batteries and/or 2 faulty chargers, big shout out to LF, I sent them all back, turns out all three batteries were faulty, so they sent me three new ones, plus an extra free one, plus 10ml of liquid, and got it all less than 48 hours after posting the dead ones out.
  • Gland 8 Feb 2013 12:21:39 78,458 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    LF has amazing customer service, never once been less than impressed.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• m1lly 8 Feb 2013 12:28:10 14 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I ordered the vivi nova tank from ecigwizard.co.uk - a nice little site! Really fast delivery times too!
  • buggrit 8 Feb 2013 20:17:54 5,179 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Always use Liberty Flights, they're excellent.

That said though... does anyone know of a reliable, non wallet-raping place to get Alien Visions e-liquid? Fallen rather in love with Gorilla Juice, you see :)
  • m1lly 11 Feb 2013 13:27:07 14 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah - TW is crap and overpriced.

When i first started vaping i was recommended TW and made my first purchse there. They make it easy to pick what you want to start with, but it's a waste of time once you know what you're doing.

Plus why would you want a lavatube with torPEDO written on it!?
  • Zomoniac 11 Feb 2013 16:02:58 7,854 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    m1lly wrote:
    I ordered the vivi nova tank from ecigwizard.co.uk - a nice little site! Really fast delivery times too!
    It's prompting me for a username and password in a pop-out dialogue before I can even view the homepage o_O
  • Zomoniac 11 Feb 2013 16:07:34 7,854 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    m1lly wrote:
    Yeah - TW is crap and overpriced.

When i first started vaping i was recommended TW and made my first purchse there. They make it easy to pick what you want to start with, but it's a waste of time once you know what you're doing.

Plus why would you want a lavatube with torPEDO written on it!?
    It doesn't say Torpedo on it anywhere. It has the TW logo laser-etched on the cap, that's the only marking on it, actually far less noticeable than the big black-on-chrome crest LF put on their version. And the starter pack was 47 on one of TW's yoyo sale things, which is by far the cheapest I've seen it. I don't ordinarily use them but they did have some pretty decent offers in their January deals.
  • Mr_Sleep 11 Feb 2013 16:10:13 17,184 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Does anyone have any good cleaning tips? Three of my clearomizers have now given up the ghost. I have narrowed the problem down to one of the liquids which seems to cause them to get a bit gunked up and blocked. I have managed to clean one of them but it is one with detachable parts. All three of the other ones are not.

• TheRealBadabing 11 Feb 2013 16:39:05 1,329 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol is your best bet for cleaning guck off atties. Never going to be good as new but can extend the life considerably.

Honestly though, the best way to do it is to find a design that you like and is cheap enough to deserve the description "disposable". For me the sweet spot was BOGE cartomisers inside a sleeve-style tank.
  • Gland 11 Feb 2013 16:40:01 78,458 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Assuming the coils aren't burned out then you should be able to boil them in a saucepan with half a cup of water in it and a tablespoon of white vinegar.

• m1lly 11 Feb 2013 16:57:48 14 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Zomoniac The Torpedo VVV has the TW logo with Torpedo written next to it. I know because I have one...
  • ronuds 11 Feb 2013 17:16:18 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I use kosher salt and the highest concentrate of rubbing alcohol I can find. Partially fill a plastic bag with the alcohol, put the salt all about your piece and put it in the bag. Let soak for a few hours.

Rinse and enjoy.
  • Mr_Sleep 11 Feb 2013 17:17:43 17,184 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Thanks for the advice fellas.

• Zomoniac 11 Feb 2013 20:51:35 7,854 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    m1lly wrote:
    @Zomoniac The Torpedo VVV has the TW logo with Torpedo written next to it. I know because I have one...
    As do I, it doesn't say it on mine anywhere. The only marking on it is the TW branding etched on the cap, like this.
  • Trafford 13 Feb 2013 05:43:47 5,879 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I was in Wigan on business the other week. Noticed TW had a shop on the high street. Popped in and bought some new kit, I've let it slip recently.
    They had a really bizarre shop window display, life size Mr Wicked statues, chemistry apparatus. The shop was packed.
  • Gland 13 Feb 2013 06:06:30 78,458 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Sounds like the tackiest thing on earth.

• TheRealBadabing 13 Feb 2013 08:23:44 1,329 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    In a way I wish them luck, it's a risk opening a retail outlet these days. Their prices suit the high street more than online anyway so if they become the Currys of the vaping world, well I suppose someone had to do it.
  • buggrit 18 Feb 2013 17:10:49 5,179 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just got a sample bottle of the infamous Grant's Vanilla Custard. It's REALLY good. REALLY REALLY good. Not too sweet, nice feel in the mouth, lovely slightly-eggy vanilla custard flavour - delicious!

Just taken my first step along the 'shiny madness' route by ordering a Vamo mod and AGA-S rebuildable atomiser - although they're both supposed to be excellent devices, so I may not need to go any further than that :)
  • bauhaus 18 Feb 2013 17:22:50 3,513 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Where do you get this Grants Vanilla Custard from?
  • buggrit 18 Feb 2013 17:25:40 5,179 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @bauhaus grantsvanillacustard.com
  • Gland 18 Feb 2013 17:27:00 78,458 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    TheRealBadabing wrote:
    In a way I wish them luck, it's a risk opening a retail outlet these days. Their prices suit the high street more than online anyway so if they become the Currys of the vaping world, well I suppose someone had to do it.
    They never will with that sort of branding. They might as well sell rainbow colours bongs and T-shirts with cannabis leaves on them for a sideline.

• TheRealBadabing 18 Feb 2013 17:27:32 1,329 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You'll love the Vamo. I have one and, while it's a bit on the large side while using 18650s, it gives a lovely consistent vape.

Genesis atties like the AGA are great if you can get them set up reliably. Best tip is not to tighten the top screw too much as it makes the wire cut into the mesh and increases the likelihood of a short (you will know when the top bit shines like a light bulb filament :))

I've given up and moved on to wicked stuff like the GP Spheroid. A lot less hassle and just as good flavour.
  • Page

of 168 First / Last