Final Fantasy 13 UK Midnight Launches?

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Midgar777 5 Mar 2010 15:29:09 472 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hey guys just a quick one...

Does anybody know if any stores are participating in a midnight launch for Final Fantasy 13?? I know HMV in London are but I'm based in Leeds so I was hoping maybe HMV here or Asda or something...

I'm probably going to call them tonight but until then, anyone know more?

Thanks
  • JohnnyWashnGo 5 Mar 2010 15:40:59 1,544 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Haven't got a clue.

I ordered it online like any sensible sleep-loving person.
  • Sharks 5 Mar 2010 15:42:04 5,136 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Bring some repellent if you're attending one.
  • GiarcYekrub 5 Mar 2010 15:44:33 3,732 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Is this gonna be one of those Supermarket loss leaders?
  • neilka 5 Mar 2010 15:47:44 15,845 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'll be there charging 50p for a go on my moogle.
  • nickthegun 5 Mar 2010 15:54:48 59,425 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    GiarcYekrub wrote:
    Is this gonna be one of those Supermarket loss leaders?

I doubt its going to be considered big enough to warrant any real reduction..

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Midgar777 5 Mar 2010 17:56:11 472 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah I'm an impatient idiot lol the thought of maybe getting it early didn't outweigh the frustration and rage I'd get if it got to Tuesday and it still hadn't come ;) haha!

I'll post here if I find anything out anyway :) thanks
  • morriss 5 Mar 2010 18:00:58 70,928 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Midnight lunch! Yum!
  • JudasBlitzkrieg 5 Mar 2010 22:05:18 21 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Tesco in Gateshead are selling it at midnight.... mainly cos its a 24 hour store and they dont have a stipulation like "Released 09/03... at 8am". It'll be on sale at midnight like MW2 was
  • walshy2 7 Mar 2010 16:38:28 3 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Fabulous game! Superb graphics

D.
  • hailstorm 7 Mar 2010 20:29:39 120 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Is this game not even out yet? I just bought it yesterday.
  • Deleted user 7 March 2010 20:31:18
    hailstorm wrote:
    Is this game not even out yet? I just bought it yesterday.

Surely you just answered your own question even though I'm sure you know the real streetdate.
  • hailstorm 7 Mar 2010 20:33:30 120 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well I'm just amazed to have something early for a change. Without even knowing it.
  • LionheartDJH 7 Mar 2010 20:55:24 19,391 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Gamestation in Liverpool (Lord St.) are having a midnight launch, a friendly staff member called me yesterday to tell me about it. They're having a costume competition to win a copy of the game aswell, although that kind of thing doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. My friend thinks I'm pretty sad for wanting to go but I don't really see the problem with it, and it can't be any worse than the FIFA10 launch at Asda that I went to, a 90 minute wait in a slow moving queue with morons literally fighting each other at the front when it was announced there might not be enough copies for everyone.

I would have thought a few places in Leeds will have a midnight launch, Game, Gamestation etc. but I think you have to have pre-ordered to go to the launches at those stores. A 24 hour Asda would almost certainly have the game available at midnight, not sure that HMV will have a midnight release though. Best bet is probably to ring up or call into a few places and ask them about it, and if you need to pre-order to attend then obviously you can do that beforehand.

She dives for cheese pasties

• speedofthepuma 7 Mar 2010 21:28:58 13,281 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Your post is basically: My friend thinks I'm sad for going, but I don't understand that, the last one I went to was really sad.

I lurk. If I've spoken to you, I'm either impassioned, or drunk.

• LionheartDJH 7 Mar 2010 23:22:28 19,391 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    speedofthepuma wrote:
    Your post is basically: My friend thinks I'm sad for going, but I don't understand that, the last one I went to was really sad.

That's true actually, I didn't think that out well at all. On second thought the appeal of standing around in the freezing cold for an hour so I can play the game for a few hours before I go to sleep is kind of diminishing.

She dives for cheese pasties

• Bigglesworth 8 Mar 2010 13:34:23 368 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ^
    ^
    They call him Dreamcrusher for a reason =)
  • andywilkie35 8 Mar 2010 13:36:13 5,338 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Midgar777 wrote:
    I know HMV in London are but I'm based in Leeds so I was hoping maybe HMV here or Asda or something...

I've seen adverts for Asda in the paper saying they're doing midnight launches. "At participating stores" of course so give your local a call :)

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• ElNino9 8 Mar 2010 14:01:28 13,362 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think a couple of places are in Manchester, but I wouldn't bother venturing outside the city centre if you in any way value your life. :)

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• Midgar777 8 Mar 2010 15:37:31 472 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    andywilkie35 wrote:
    Midgar777 wrote:
    I know HMV in London are but I'm based in Leeds so I was hoping maybe HMV here or Asda or something...

I've seen adverts for Asda in the paper saying they're doing midnight launches. "At participating stores" of course so give your local a call :)

Yeah sorry I forgot to post back. Asda at Pudsey is open 24hours and is releasing the game at Midnight ^_^! I will be there a little early unlike when modern warfare 2 was released and I had to queue for about an hour and a half :< lol!

So yeah if you want it at midnight find your nearest 24 hour Asda Superstore.

Thanks for the heads up anyway Andy and everyone else :)
  • Beeper85 8 Mar 2010 19:23:55 135 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    LionheartDJH wrote:
    Gamestation in Liverpool (Lord St.) are having a midnight launch, a friendly staff member called me yesterday to tell me about it. They're having a costume competition to win a copy of the game aswell, although that kind of thing doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. My friend thinks I'm pretty sad for wanting to go but I don't really see the problem with it, and it can't be any worse than the FIFA10 launch at Asda that I went to, a 90 minute wait in a slow moving queue with morons literally fighting each other at the front when it was announced there might not be enough copies for everyone.

I would have thought a few places in Leeds will have a midnight launch, Game, Gamestation etc. but I think you have to have pre-ordered to go to the launches at those stores. A 24 hour Asda would almost certainly have the game available at midnight, not sure that HMV will have a midnight release though. Best bet is probably to ring up or call into a few places and ask them about it, and if you need to pre-order to attend then obviously you can do that beforehand.

I'm well gonna go....
  • mcmothercruncher 8 Mar 2010 23:05:22 6,769 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Are there any supermarché price competition deals going on?
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next