Website Help Required - No Experience Req - Earn Money!!

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • DaM 2 Mar 2010 13:04:16 12,614 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    About a year ago, spurred on by the success of family members, my mate and I decided we would try and make some money off the web, ideally through affiliate marketing. We bought lots of domains in different areas, and tried to learn all we could. We have made a small (very small!) amount of cash from the one site we have up in reasonable nick. At the moment we have shifted our attention to building a network of sites similar to the ones I make my main living off, promotional items (printed stuff, lanyards etc).

We are both working day and night on our main jobs, and these new sites, and as such we just do not have the time to invest in getting some of these other sites off the ground, and so our domains and ideas are lying unused.

Would anyone be interested in helping out? Mainly with writing content (like rewriting articles), and helping get the new sites off the ground. It's not a full time job obviously, just an half-hour here and there, but we would share any money we made 50:50 with anyone helping. This might be a lot or zero, we have no way of knowing, but we do know it takes continual effort - when we have concentrated on a site and frequently updated it, we have increased traffic and made money. We have a wide range of topic area domains:

day trips
    ipad / ibooks
    mafia wars
    outdoor toys
    childrens toys
    extreme days out
    rabbit vibrators
    male sex toys
    power tools/garden power tools
    general garden stuff
    soft play areas
    yachting
    hobbies
    telescopes/microscopes
    Scottish Whisky
    Scottish Golf
    cellulite loss

Quite a varied list! If anyone has an interest in these areas and would like to get involved, fire me a pm. It would help if you knew the principles of SEO, but if not, no problem, it's not rocket science. I am fairly confident some of them can produce money, of which you'd get 50% :)

Any questions?!
  • Deleted user 2 March 2010 13:07:24
    DaM wrote:
    childrens toys
    rabbit vibrators
    male sex toys
    soft play areas

Something tells me your post has just been flagged by some automated government webbot.
  • DaM 2 Mar 2010 13:10:04 12,614 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Gremmi wrote:
    DaM wrote:
    childrens toys
    rabbit vibrators
    male sex toys
    soft play areas

Something tells me your post has just been flagged by some automated government webbot.

We like to cover all the bases :) Clean fun for ALL the family.

Actually the sex toys thing comes from another thing I have on, we are aiming to become one of the UKs biggest online sex toy sites - with an excellent domain and backing. I'll be posting about that in a month or so..... Just a good business opportunity!
  • Jeepers 2 Mar 2010 13:15:59 13,172 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Can you give us the URL of the site that's making you cash?
  • DaM 2 Mar 2010 13:25:23 12,614 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    http://www.toyandgamereviews.co.uk/

I'm working on this at the moment, so the links down the right hand side aren't working properly - I'm tying that section up to a Wordpress installation, rather than the custom CMS I had in originally. We also have the .com for this.

We were working on a reskin of this for outdoor toys only, it was barely up, 20% finished, and someone clicked through and bought a 600 climbing frame that made us 40 commission - the potential is there.

Also Jim has had limited success from these, but they more of a hobby/testbed thing:

http://www.guitarsavvy.co.uk/
    http://www.mafiawarsobsession.co.uk/

We have issues with duplicate content where we are using the same product feeds that everyone else is using. For small feeds we can rewrite manually, but for something like toyandgamereviews there are just too many, I am working on an automated synonym find and replace tool. Which may or may not work :)
  • Jeepers 2 Mar 2010 13:30:09 13,172 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cheers DaM. Inneresting!
  • Psychotext 2 Mar 2010 13:33:51 52,809 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bizarre. If I didn't know the poster I could have sworn that OP was autogenerated spam. :D
  • DaM 2 Mar 2010 13:46:49 12,614 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Bizarre. If I didn't know the poster I could have sworn that OP was autogenerated spam. :D

It does sound a bit iffy :)

One I have high hopes for is a sex toy price comparison site (http://www.sextoytracker.co.uk). It just needs content and beautified, and some SEO/TLC.
  • Aquilasever 2 Mar 2010 13:54:27 114 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ok, I'll have a look...but not at the sex toys though.
  • warlockuk 2 Mar 2010 13:58:23 19,102 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Heh, I checked out Guitar Savvy but found it a bit annoying / weird to load.

The music festival bit did make my inner metal snob guffaw, too :D

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• DaM 2 Mar 2010 14:07:41 12,614 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    warlockuk wrote:

My mate made it to teach himself how to make a website, so it's not too bad for a first attempt! It runs on Wordpress and he's gone a bit plugin daft, hence the loading weirdness. He tries out new things on it.....

We aren't designers either :)
  • bluestratos 2 Mar 2010 14:09:31 1 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    warlockuk wrote:

The loading problems are mainly down to the joys of Wordpress I'm afraid (some images still need to be optimised). I'm the mate DaM mentioned above and I'll try not to be offended at your inner metal snob :) - it's a WIP.
  • Aranel 2 Mar 2010 18:20:32 669 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DaM: I've dropped you a PM - let me know if you're interested :)
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next