Captain America Page 9

• Page

of 9 First / Last

Next
  • BinaryBob101 8 Aug 2011 15:03:06 22,278 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I thought they filmed on location in Manchester, not Liverpool?

edit: Ah, they filmed around the docks there.

Beautiful tender beings.

• MrTomFTW Moderator 8 Aug 2011 15:37:46 37,302 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yep. I know the dock road well. Make of that what you will. If you want to know the exact scene it's when Cap chases the Hydra agent who bombs the Brooklyn lab. When he catches up with the cab, uses the door as a shield and the agent runs off with the kid that's all Liverpool.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• varsas 15 Aug 2011 11:30:27 2,401 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I finally watched this in 2D at the weekend and really enjoyed it; I think it's my favourite superhero film of the summer ahead of Thor, X-men and Green Lantern. There are a lot of similarities with the latter in terms of tone because it doesn't take itself too seriously and is very much a comic book film. The setting was well done and reminded my of Johnston's Rocketeer that I really enjoy too.

The only thing I wasn't sure of were the modern day scenes at the end; perhaps it might have been better post-credits? Oh and I'm not sure why he needed to ditch the plane? It seemed like he was in control?...unless it was running out of fuel and would have crashed in NY?
  • disusedgenius 15 Aug 2011 11:34:36 5,195 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, that confused me as well (couldn't he not, you know, just land the thing properly?).

Caught it myself yesterday in 3D (which was fine, imo) and was reasonably happy with it. These Marvel films have become pretty reliable in terms of overall quality, it'll be interesting to see how long they can keep it going.
  • varsas 15 Aug 2011 11:51:21 2,401 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Being a fan of Mr. Whedon I'm expecting that the next one will continue being of a decent quality.
  • IronGiant 15 Aug 2011 11:58:05 4,473 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm genuinely surprised you praised the female lead as everyone I know who's watched it thought she was awful, as much charisma as a cardboard cutout. Easily the weakest of the recent marvel movies, had no sense of excitement or thrills.. Red skull character was wasted and having the main action scenes as a montage was a poor choice. Gutted I didn't spend the money on watching Rise Of The Apes instead!
  • spamdangled 16 Jul 2012 03:34:45 27,269 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Winter Soldier confirmed for the sequel.

For those that don't read the comics, Winter Soldier is Cap's sidekick Bucky, brainwashed by the Soviets and turned into a cyborg assassin.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• CosmicFuzz 16 Jul 2012 07:43:11 23,132 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I really didn't like the first one at all, but this announcement has got me quite excited. Great potential, although Bucky's death in the first film was handled so very badly, dunno if there's the right emotional punch needed, but we'll see.

Is anyone else getting a bit bored with remastered games? Read my thoughts!

• Silvermoth 29 Jul 2012 08:08:00 46 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Bit too soon for Bucky I reckon. Still, they bollocksed up his death, they may as well bollocks up his return.
  • spamdangled 30 Oct 2012 02:22:07 27,269 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Crossbones confirmed as villain in sequel

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• LockeTribal 29 Apr 2013 14:09:18 4,490 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I didn't realise the Black Widow was going to be appearing in the sequel. From the Morning Spoilers section on io9.

Must have been mentioned before because Anthony Mackie (playing the Falcon) mentions it so casually.
  • Page

of 9 First / Last

Next