• Deckard1 4 Aug 2010 13:21:15 27,760 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ha that looks nuts

Hush you ponce

• Vortex808 4 Aug 2010 18:46:30 7,077 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I wasn't too fussed about this, however, think i might be sold after watching that!
  • Cheapshot 4 Aug 2010 18:50:02 162 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This game needs more hype.
  • ecureuil 4 Aug 2010 21:23:02 76,732 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Of course it'll be awesome, it's by Platinum. People should be excited for it by default.
  • Tuffty 4 Aug 2010 22:04:43 1,558 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There's a Shinji Mikami hater over at another forum I go to. He's already dismissive of Vanquish cause of it's generic setting and close similarities to 3rd person shooters out there which, I don't personally agree with, but I can at least understand the argument. But then he goes on to say that Bayonetta's a 'pathetic DMC clone' and that RE1 and RE4 were 'lucky' for him considering they weren't original and came at a time when there were few games out worth a damn.

Oh dear.

Anyways, Vanquish looks better every time I see new footage, and I love the fact that throwing away your cigar can disrupt an enemy's heat tracking sensors....apparently.
  • Deleted user 4 August 2010 22:37:29
    They honestly thought Bayonetta is a DMC clone?

Its very sad how there are so called gamers who seem happy to know so little about the people who make games.

Okami and God Hand flopped, thank goodness they were able to create Platinum Games but they still need to crack the market with a big hit if they want to continue making ambitious and expensive games with Sega.

Besides its increasingly clear that the more we see and read about this game, the set up is designed to draw more people in but the details and the gameplay is pure Shinji Mikami.

I'm really tempted to break my self imposed ban on new games and buy this on day one even though I won't have a console to play it on simply because I want to support them.
  • Feanor 5 Aug 2010 03:37:33 14,146 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Tuffty wrote:
    There's a Shinji Mikami hater over at another forum I go to. He's already dismissive of Vanquish cause of it's generic setting and close similarities to 3rd person shooters out there which, I don't personally agree with, but I can at least understand the argument. But then he goes on to say that Bayonetta's a 'pathetic DMC clone' and that RE1 and RE4 were 'lucky' for him considering they weren't original and came at a time when there were few games out worth a damn.

Oh dear.

Anyways, Vanquish looks better every time I see new footage, and I love the fact that throwing away your cigar can disrupt an enemy's heat tracking sensors....apparently.

That's niteninja-levels of craziness. Glad I've never seen this forum. :)
  • Lawrens 5 Aug 2010 04:09:15 398 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Then he goes on to say that Bayonetta's a 'pathetic DMC clone' and that RE1 and RE4 were 'lucky' for him considering they weren't original and came at a time when there were few games out worth a damn.

That's depressing. I wonder what he thinks about god hand?

I could never bother to argue with people who uses "originality" as a debate. "A shooter isn't original! A beat'em'up is not original! Survival horror is not original!" "A fighter with new gimmicks, again!?"
  • King_Edward 5 Aug 2010 07:15:48 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    How could anyone hate Mikami? And to question the originality of his games is pretty ignorant.
  • Tuffty 5 Aug 2010 10:35:19 1,558 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This guy does know that Mikami was involved in making the first DMC, which makes his accusation of Bayonetta being a tired clone sound rather bizarre.

And someone asked about what he thought of God Hand, well:

God Hand was a fun little game, but it was pretty B-grade as far as Japanese action games go. It had a nice little goal , but it ultimately isn't the kind of end product you would expect from a "master" of the medium. It is, admittedly, completely mediocre. The main thing that appeals to fans of it in the first place has practically nothing to do with game design; rather, the fans are drawn to it for its wacky sense of humor.

And he's said that a lot of praise for games/series he's renowned for is unwarranted seeing as he was producer for games likd DMC or Viewtiful Joe, which to him doesn't involve enough involvement to suggest any credit.

But back on topic, why was this not included in the game?!

http://platinumgames.com/2010/08/05/the-augmented-reaction-suit-system/

Robot dog? Female android boomerang? I'd snap that up as DLC no problem XD
  • Lawrens 5 Aug 2010 13:24:51 398 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    New gameplay/story trailer!
  • Jonathan_Fakenham 7 Aug 2010 01:34:13 301 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm getting a real Metal Gear vibe from that trailer because of the voices and tech suits.
  • pinebear 7 Aug 2010 09:45:46 8,565 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The boss battle head-pummel at the end tells me they haven't lost that God Hand magic.

• lucky_jim 8 Aug 2010 07:52:20 5,285 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    For some reason I couldn't find this thread through any of the usual searches (i.e. either searching via google or by using DB's unofficial forum search). I nearly started a new thread, but I thought I'd painstakingly go through the list cos I was sure this thread was here somewhere.

Anyway, Vanquish eh? Just seen the new trailer. I was already keeping an eye out for this (the fact it's one-player only piqued my interest, as well as it being from such quality devs), but that trailer has just shifted it from my "should be good" column to my "dear god that looks awesome, I want it NOW" one.

That head-pummel that pinebear mentions actually did make me laugh out loud, it was great. WANT.
  • Lawrens 21 Aug 2010 15:53:11 398 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Apparently a demo is coming on september 2nd on jp psn/xblive

http://japan.gamespot.com/xbox360/news/story/0,3800075348,20418717,00.htm
  • Lawrens 24 Aug 2010 01:03:21 398 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Demo confirmed for 31st in NA, Sept 1st EU.
    This thread needs more posts!
  • Feanor 24 Aug 2010 01:29:11 14,146 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It really does.
  • lucky_jim 24 Aug 2010 02:48:21 5,285 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm surprised this doesn't seem to be generating more excitement. Perhaps it's the "lack" of multiplayer? That's actually a considerable selling point imo, I'm fed up of gimped single-player modes on games this gen.
  • Deleted user 24 August 2010 08:35:03
    Same here, even if all these multiplayer modes were any good, who has time to play them all anyhow, people find a couple they like and hammer them whilst the rest die a quick death.

If you are the kind of person who goes to the trouble of posting on a gaming message board like Eurogamer then Vanquish (not COD Black Ops, Fifa 11 or even the prospect of Criterion making a Need for Speed game) is the must have multi-platform game this winter.

Lets hope the demo wakes people up to the fact that King Mikami is back baby!

I also noticed that Zavvi has pre-order rotating sliding metal crotch covers...what more could a man want (don't answer that).

/checks wallet

/wallet empty

/looks under TV

/has no PS3

/buying the game regardless
  • King_Edward 24 Aug 2010 08:43:38 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's not a game you'd expect to generate a lot of hype tbf. IIRC the Bayonetta thread wasn't very big before the game was released.
  • SomaticSense 24 Aug 2010 19:16:07 8,166 posts
    Seen 49 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted
  • King_Edward 24 Aug 2010 19:21:03 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    This is the Vanquish thread. Don't stink it up with Fallout love.
  • SomaticSense 24 Aug 2010 19:28:52 8,166 posts
    Seen 49 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    This is the Vanquish thread. Don't stink it up with Fallout love.

:D

Fuck sake, what a balls up...

Was intending to click on the New Vegas thread which was directly next to it, and all I saw were complaints which were also applicable to that game :)
  • ecureuil 24 Aug 2010 19:39:38 76,732 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This game looks awesome.
  • muttler 31 Aug 2010 13:58:10 3,991 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well looking forward to the demo, up tomorrow hopefully.
  • pinebear 31 Aug 2010 14:01:19 8,565 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Demo tomorrow, really? *explodes*

• Deleted user 31 August 2010 14:49:03
    http://kotaku.com/5626188/vanquish-demo-hits-playstation-network-and-xbox-live#viewcomments

Already out ?
  • pinebear 31 Aug 2010 15:24:36 8,565 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    In North America?

• Deleted user 31 August 2010 15:30:28
    Yep, seems so...

Maybe it will be up later on the US psn store ?

Feck , i want to play it now !
  • Page

of 41 First / Last