• Page

of 16 First / Last

• MrTomFTW Moderator 14 Oct 2011 00:16:51 36,270 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    RAGE QUIT!

I totally called it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• sunnyviji 14 Oct 2011 14:19:38 56 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Gr8 game, only decided to get this game coz of all u guys positive comments, and like to thank u all, at New York now, play3e through it just using the sharpshooter which is awesome btw, only downer is having to use the x button to jump which is virtually impossible, glad game don't rely to much in needing to use it much.
  • Scimarad 7 Dec 2011 07:42:15 8,499 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So what did everybody think of the ending to this?

Thought it was pretty abysmal myself! The whole tone of the game was "Humanity trying to survive rather than win" and then somehow...we win. WTF? All he basically did was close that portal that's only been open since the end of R2 and the Chimera have managed to wipe out most of the human race without that thing anyway. Seriously, those guys went from infecting some people in Russia to bringing the whole of Human civilization crashing down and they suddenly start to lose because someone closed a portal they only just got at then end of the last game? Doesn't ring at all true..

Shame they didn't have the balls to go with something bit darker.
  • King_Edward 7 Dec 2011 08:29:53 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I gave up at a bit with way too many snipers, and rocket guys. I was enjoying it until then though. Easily better than the other two turds.
  • Mikeeeboy1 11 Dec 2011 20:57:50 167 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Just picked the special edition for 20 from gamestation and quite excited about playing it.
    But I have a gut feeling I'm going to be sorely
    disappointed.
    I never played the first one but did play the second one which I thought was bland and generic.
    Please Eurogamer's lay my fears to rest that it's not terrible!
  • ElNino9 11 Dec 2011 21:12:43 13,136 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Single player is excellent.

Really enjoyed it.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• CosmicFuzz 11 Dec 2011 23:32:05 21,226 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I didn't really like the first two at all, but really enjoyed the third. It's a great game, lots of fun and varied missions. Weapons and health packs are awesome.

Last couple of missions are a let down though. Sniper city.

What's your thoughts on Heroes Reborn? Read my TV musings here.

• djronz. 12 Dec 2011 11:18:50 185 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Mikeeeboy1 wrote:
    Just picked the special edition for 20 from gamestation and quite excited about playing it.
    But I have a gut feeling I'm going to be sorely
    disappointed.
    I never played the first one but did play the second one which I thought was bland and generic.
    Please Eurogamer's lay my fears to rest that it's not terrible!
    The second wad indeed a bit bland. I much preferred the first and from what I've played so far of 3 its pretty good fun.
  • Mikeeeboy1 13 Dec 2011 10:53:10 167 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Update;
    Very surprised at how good the game is.
    Up to chapter six and I'm having a blast.
    Would deffo recommend for 20.
    Haven't played online yet but the campaign
    is well worth a look.
    Much better than the second one which had no soul.
  • King_Edward 24 Dec 2011 14:08:47 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    If anyone thought three install for this was ridiculous just wait until you try and delete the fucking thing. My ps3 has crashed twice trying to get rid of it.
  • Deleted user 24 December 2011 14:29:47
    @Scimarad Have to agree with you man. Thought the story was decent enough but there was not enough explained about the feral chimera and was gutted when Malikov was butchered

But I have to agree with your point it was a bland happy ending and over too soon. They could have at keast made an effort showing the remaining humans fighting against the Chimera in a the comic book intro style. Rather than the boring radio station at the end. That was what pissed me off.
  • Pinky_Floyd 24 Dec 2011 22:59:31 6,420 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    An pics of the nice mechanics? I'm a sucker for oily overalls.
  • Progguitarist 24 Dec 2011 23:33:34 10,316 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Storylol

You have big, OTT weapons and lots of monsters to shoot. Who gives a fuck why?
  • Scimarad 25 Dec 2011 15:09:37 8,499 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Progguitarist

Us, obviously;)
  • DUFFKING 25 Dec 2011 15:36:47 6,487 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Right time to start this. Quite looking forward to it, despite the fact that I really, really hate R2.
  • zisssou 27 Dec 2011 15:03:32 579 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    This might be my GOTY. I enjoyed every minute and the weapon upgrades were really fun to get and enjoyable using. There's a few glitches here and there though, but otherwise the story had been gripped which is unusual for an FPS.

Edited by zisssou at 15:04:25 27-12-2011
  • Phattso Moderator 28 Jan 2012 09:33:13 12,722 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DUFFKING wrote:
    Right time to start this. Quite looking forward to it, despite the fact that I really, really hate R2.
    Same here. Just got it through the post from LoveFilm and decided to stick it on for a quick blast before heading out this morning, quite looking forward to it after R2 all but killed my interest in the series but hearing people say it's good.

Patch. 676MB. One of four. Usual piss-poor download rate.

OH. JUST. FUCK. OFF.

Every time I bother to switch on this fucking console I'm reminded of why I so rarely do. :-(
  • Progguitarist 28 Jan 2012 14:35:07 10,316 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cancel the download and play offline.
  • Widge Moderator 28 Jan 2012 14:48:01 12,588 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Continue the download and have a cappuccino

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• King_Edward 28 Jan 2012 15:35:10 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You're not alone
  • espibara 28 Jan 2012 17:03:53 4,155 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Post deleted
  • RyanDS 24 Apr 2012 12:21:43 8,694 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Holy fuck!

This game is awesome. Bought it saturday and played it for 7 hours straight on sunday. Haven't enjoyed an FPS this much since the halycon PC days of the late 90's, early 2000's.

Finally a game has dumped all the fucking shit that Halo has burdened and ruined the FPS genre with for the last few years. The health packs alone make the game superb, there is nothing like being on that last sliver of health and trying desperately to snipe an enemy from cover so you can make that run to that glowing green blob across the hall.

Speaking of cover, you actually have to use cover as opposed to pressing a button to do it for you. Plus you have a weapon wheel!

Plus it has a proper single player campaign as opposed to a multiplayer trainer!

Thank you insomniac. I have been waiting for a decent console FPS for years.
  • Progguitarist 24 Apr 2012 12:22:58 10,316 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yup, it was brilliant. Sold like shit on the back of the 2nd game sadly.
  • JBlokeUK 24 Apr 2012 12:40:06 2,309 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've been meaning to get this but was disappointed by the demo.

I like it when he's angry.

• Progguitarist 24 Apr 2012 12:51:12 10,316 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The demo is not a particularly interesting part of the game although it makes much more sense when played in context.
  • muttler 24 Apr 2012 13:23:49 3,768 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm really enjoying the Resistance 3 campaign as well, stuck on a bit though, would appreciate any tips:

The bit in the mines with the preacher guy hunting down the big monster, done the bit where you throw an acyteleyne tank in its mouth, then the preacher guy gets wounded and says go on without him and kill the creature, then you have to duck in and out of side tunnels while the monster chases you. There's ammo in the side passages so I guess I'm meant to shoot the beastie, but I dont seem to get much of an opportunity, or to do any damage. What am I supposed to do?
  • CosmicFuzz 24 Apr 2012 13:41:06 21,226 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ah I remember that bit. Can't remember what to do though. :-D

Think it's something scripted maybe?

Wonderful game though, having hated 1 and 2 this one is loads of fun. Last couple of levels are dire though.

What's your thoughts on Heroes Reborn? Read my TV musings here.

• Page

of 16 First / Last