Battlefield Bad Company 2 (PC version) Page 23

• Page

of 25 First / Last

• vijay_UK 8 Feb 2011 13:51:26 2,260 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    hi you guys, I'd like to join you in BC2 if that's okay - would be nice to play with some regulars rather than the usual pug. I also have Vietnam.

My BC2 is not via steam, so invites are in-game. Hope to see you online :D
  • dsmx 8 Feb 2011 14:00:12 7,648 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You can still add the game though as a non steam game, steam just makes it easier to communicate outside the game. It also lets us know when your playing it so we can come join you if we want.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Futaba 8 Feb 2011 14:17:16 3,520 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just sent you all friend requests apart from Vijay_uk (whats your sn?).

Mine is FutabaShimeru if anyone wants to add me.

As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a ninja.

• vijay_UK 9 Feb 2011 14:06:38 2,260 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Futaba wrote:
    Just sent you all friend requests apart from Vijay_uk (whats your sn?).

Mine is FutabaShimeru if anyone wants to add me.

hi Futaba,

I am:

Vijay_RebelScum

Sharzam is on my list, hope to see more of EG players added :D

• Futaba 15 Feb 2011 09:17:12 3,520 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Now that I'm slowly getting the hang of this game and its mechanics, the whole thing is so fun. This is my first proper FPS on the PC after being a console gamer all my life and it's been pretty difficult adjusting to keyboard + mouse after a controller for so many years. Current k/d ratio is 0.41 but I'm definitely improving steadily now, made some awesome sniper kills last night. Rush is my favourite game mode, recon is the class I play most (assault second most) but I am a team player.

Two of my favourite moments so far are shooting down a Hind with a tank's main cannon and sniping a helicopter pilot to kill him and cause it to crash (looked and felt awesome).

I've had to resist the temptation to plug in my 360 pc controller and use that, but I'll become better for it in the long run...

• dsmx 15 Feb 2011 10:34:24 7,648 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If you started using that controller you'd be killed very quickly, mouse allows you to turn and aim quicker and far more accurately than you ever could with a controller. Trust me i've tested it and I don't recommend it.

Conquest in BC2 isn't anywhere near as good as it should be, in BF2, BF1942 and BF vietnam the maps had 64 people, the maps were bigger and they offered far more tactical options, different ways to attack and they had more flags so the opposing team always had to make a choice over which flags it could defend as you never had enough troops to defend them all.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• coastal 15 Feb 2011 15:07:32 5,384 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    one tactical option was for half of your team to hang around the airfield waiting for a plane to spawn while the rest of your team lose the last flag on the map :/

bf3: sergeant_shaftoe

• dsmx 15 Feb 2011 16:30:53 7,648 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Which was why you left that server and went and found a game with some better people.

• Venkman90 7 Mar 2011 21:34:11 4,430 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Right, so I picked this up on Steam the other day (having played it on the 360 a while back) and am loving it so far, when it works...

Anyone else having issues with EA online / server browser? it seems to drop me or hang on searching 50% of the time, then I lose the connection all together.

Also, any server recommendations?

• coastal 7 Mar 2011 22:08:05 5,384 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Old Man Gaming servers[?] Something like that. I've been playing solid vietnam on their servers.

• WoodenSpoon 8 Mar 2011 00:38:23 12,290 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Often the server browser won't give me any pings if I click refresh, so I've got to pick a server quickly the first time I open the menu.

I don't understand how DICE have managed to make such a simple thing so broken, and keep it that way for so long.

But I blame consoles.
  • Futaba 8 Mar 2011 00:47:25 3,520 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Maybe try updating punkbuster. You up for a game or two now?

• WoodenSpoon 8 Mar 2011 00:51:03 12,290 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Will try updating Punkbuster, thanks.

Can't play atm though I'm at uni. No Battlefield til April 9th. :'(
  • Futaba 8 Mar 2011 00:54:41 3,520 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ok :( Well add me sometime.

Here's the website for punkbuster if the auto update doesn't work.

• coastal 8 Mar 2011 06:43:12 5,384 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    WoodenSpoon wrote:
    Often the server browser won't give me any pings if I click refresh, so I've got to pick a server quickly the first time I open the menu.

I don't understand how DICE have managed to make such a simple thing so broken, and keep it that way for so long.

But I blame consoles.

The server list loads fine for me. See if it's a software firewall issue.

• urban 15 Mar 2011 19:11:40 10,977 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Scuzz0 Add away

When this first came out I gave it a very hard time, however I've just discovered the heavy metal map and I think that might be the saving grace. Still too many damn snipers though.

Conquest is definitely my gametype, the Rush gamemodes don't work all that well imo.

Updated: All the Conquest maps are great fun!
  • Futaba 15 Mar 2011 23:31:09 3,520 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I love rush.

• urban 15 Mar 2011 23:53:41 10,977 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The band? Yeah they're great!

/=D
  • dsmx 16 Mar 2011 00:26:34 7,648 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I happen to be one of those snipers on heavy metal but in truth I usually get forced to be a sniper on it because every other sniper on my team is usually a moron who is not willing to spot enemy movements, on heavy metal that is essential. A good spotter on that map means you win as the enemy can't make any movements without your team knowing.

• urban 16 Mar 2011 00:35:27 10,977 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Bino's for at least one other class would cull that problem. Are their any?

I spot as much as possible as an engineer but I'd love the chance to get a bit more range on spotting Snipers.
  • dsmx 16 Mar 2011 00:50:11 7,648 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So you want to take away the one thing snipers are actually very useful for and give it to another class?

The whole point of the class system in battlefield is that each class has strengths and weaknesses and you need a well balanced side to win, giving every class something for every situation breaks the game.

Spotting is what snipers are for, or at least they should be for if they are doing there job. Sadly the point pay off is very small and in most cases your better off going for the shot, which if they want snipers to be less hated they will have to change the way points are handed out in BF3.

• Venkman90 16 Mar 2011 09:56:43 4,430 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Conquest > Rush, with randoms at least. I find Rush to be painful when your team ignore disarming MCOMS at all costs but would rather go hunt for kills. I suicide charge them when they get armed and would disarm them more often with a little bit of support.

I actually prefer to play Recon with an M14 or Shotgun and use motion mines on the flags, perhaps because I am a terrible shot with sniper rifles and don't know all the "cool" spots to snipe with.
  • cianchristopher 16 Mar 2011 10:37:17 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wow, just got a 1080p monitor and the game looks pretty fucking good, tbh.

I've left the FOV at 55 (the default) as changing it gave a kind of weird "fish-eye" effect, and I wasn't too impressed.

It's a bit disappointing, though.

Also, I find the gun takes up a bit too much screen space (real estate) for my liking. A good chunk of the lower-right-hand-side of the screen is taken up by the gun, whereas on CoD it's a bit more to the centre and not as immediately huge.

Is there any way to change that?
  • Venkman90 16 Mar 2011 11:00:52 4,430 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Don't think so, some guns are bigger than others though, but yeah, some with an ACOG on are just mental.

• cianchristopher 16 Mar 2011 11:15:57 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ah, it's fine. It's no big deal, really.

I've been playing lots of BlOps too, and on that I set the FOV to 90 and the gun is a nice (not too big) size near the centre of the screen. It feels quite good. I was just hoping BC2 could do the same. But, even when I changed the FOV, the gun was still taking up lot of space on the right-hand-side.

Still, great game, and it runs really well at 1080p on high settings on my 4870, so I can't complain, really.
  • urban 16 Mar 2011 12:57:15 10,977 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    dsmx wrote:
    So you want to take away the one thing snipers are actually very useful for and give it to another class?

The whole point of the class system in battlefield is that each class has strengths and weaknesses and you need a well balanced side to win, giving every class something for every situation breaks the game.

Spotting is what snipers are for, or at least they should be for if they are doing there job. Sadly the point pay off is very small and in most cases your better off going for the shot, which if they want snipers to be less hated they will have to change the way points are handed out in BF3.

Exactly, a well balanced team. It's bad game design imo if everyone feels compelled to 'go' sniper because the other snipers on the team aren't doing it well enough. Rather than capping points or taking out armour.

It frustrates me as an engineer to be in a squad with 3 other snipers who're all hiding behind two rocks for the whole round. I've even felt compelled to go sniper myself to do some helo/tank spotting or rogue squads spawning in close to a point about to make a push.

Snipers are good for plenty, they've got C4!? Can they call in Mortar strikes, And they've got sniper rifle...

Giving the Assault class a pair of Bino's instead of Ammo (as an alternative choice) would let assault classes help the team a lot more imo.

I could have just gotten some really bad matches which had an unsavoury balance of Snipers. I know Snipers get a bad rap in BC2 for whatever reason but I can honestly put hand on heart and say I hate Snipers in all games =]

I reckon I could write an essay on how polarised this game is. It has some wonderful moments like RPG'ing a Heli out of the air from a long distance. Tank commanding is great fun too. Then the close quarters combat feels...loose. I don't feel like I have anywhere near the same level of control or awareness that I do in other FPS'

I Just played a 1000 ticket Heavy Metal game, very close game but there was this one sniper on our team who had earned exactly 300 points after a 45 minute game. 2 Kills! That frustrates me, sitting far away on a hill, not spotting, not killing, not capping, not helping.

• Futaba 20 Mar 2011 14:57:54 3,520 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've lost my stats! :( Last night I was kicked from a game for having a ping of 400+, upon returning to the main menu I was back at rank 1 (from being rank 11). I googled to see if anyone else had similar problems and they said they were generally fixed by the next time they logged in. So I left it for the night, just logged back in today and it's still not properly fixed :( I have my rank 11 back but I have no unlocked guns or points on any classes :( Am I hoping in vain my stats will return? On the brightside though, this could be a good fresh start now that I'm better at the game and more used to it.

Edit: Logging out and back in again seemed to fix it. Looks like I have to improve this 0.50 K/D ratio the hard way...

• dsmx 20 Mar 2011 16:48:16 7,648 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Someone must of forgotten to turn the crank a few times to keep EA's stat server going, you would of thought they'd of fixed the stat server going wrong by now but nope it still crashes every night I play it seems.

• Jetset_UK 22 Mar 2011 21:55:41 3,565 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I still get randomly kicked from servers. Hope this is sorted for BF3.
  • Page

of 25 First / Last