• Page

of 9 First / Last

• AnotherMartin 28 Sep 2004 17:20:23 6,229 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Spin Dr Wolf wrote:
    Bah.

/has neither KOTOR on PC or a 256MB card

May be worth giving them a go though as some people are claiming an all round increase.

tbh I think they're just early beta's of 4.10 as opposed to an actual one off hot fix, so they may contain early AI stuff for thigns like Doom3 etc.
  • AnotherMartin 28 Sep 2004 17:22:07 6,229 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Orange wrote:
    Spin Dr Wolf wrote:
    Your a credit to the lazy ATi users of the forum AM. (Yes like me).
    That goes double for me :D

Cheers AM.

No worries. tbh it gives me something do, keeps me off the streets as they say. Plus my memories so bad that if I bookmark these here during the day the chances are i'll see it when I get home and it'll remind me to install them. ;-)

If I get chance to try them i'll post some impressions.
  • WoodenSpoon 28 Sep 2004 17:26:29 12,275 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Good stuff AM!
  • AnotherMartin 28 Sep 2004 17:29:57 6,229 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    WoodenSpoon wrote:
    Good stuff AM!

My efforts do not go un-noticed!

And my reward?

I get presented with a WoodenSpoon. o_O

(ta ;-)
  • WoodenSpoon 28 Sep 2004 17:32:56 12,275 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    /Jaffa Cake
  • Spin_Dr_Wolf 28 Sep 2004 17:33:14 6,170 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    /bashes WS over head with blunt object

/presents AM with WoodenSpoon

Well done ! Your reward sir.
  • AnotherMartin 28 Sep 2004 17:37:21 6,229 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Cheers Spin but you made him drop the Jaffa!

NOBODY MOVE!!

/hunts missing jaffa cake.

edit: that's hunts as in looks for, not some dodgy euphemism involving a well know forum member with a wude sounding name.

Edited by AnotherMartin at 16:40:23 28-09-2004
  • andrewfromdoncaster 28 Sep 2004 18:44:38 1,687 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    What can be done to enable me to use ATI catalyst control centre? with the 4.9s it doesn't load up; rather i get an error about CLI.exe and something else

Help! My shiny new X800SE needs some help reaching max details
  • Spanky 28 Sep 2004 18:46:19 14,458 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oh thats some .net thing you have to get from microsoft, that'll fix it, i had the same problem myself but it was all solved by reading that readme file. Who'd have thought?!

Plubs

• andrewfromdoncaster 28 Sep 2004 19:09:27 1,687 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Spanky wrote:
    Oh thats some .net thing you have to get from microsoft, that'll fix it, i had the same problem myself but it was all solved by reading that readme file. Who'd have thought?!

Do tell how/link please?!?!?
  • Spanky 28 Sep 2004 19:14:18 14,458 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    info on the Net stuff is on here andrew.

Link to microsoft download here.

Once you install it, it should work. I didn't have to reinstall the drivers but it might be better to if you can be arsed.

Plubs

• andrewfromdoncaster 28 Sep 2004 21:25:14 1,687 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Spanky wrote:
    info on the Net stuff is on here andrew.

Link to microsoft download here.

Once you install it, it should work. I didn't have to reinstall the drivers but it might be better to if you can be arsed.

thanks
  • AnotherMartin 28 Sep 2004 21:29:31 6,229 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yep, as Spanky said it'll most likely be .net, so install that.

Also Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1

Or even NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package Beta 1 (x86)

If you have a habit of disabling services you may find you also need to enable a few.

Plus if you have a s/w firewall that may stop cli from working. ATi have stated it only does local traffic and does not access the web at all.
  • AnotherMartin 2 Oct 2004 13:32:05 6,229 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    New Omega Drivers based on the 8.07 hotfix (Beta Cat 4.11) posted earlier (see 1st post for links).

----
    Well, I have a few surprises for you this time!

First, new Radeon Omega Drivers (v2.5.90) are available!

These are based on the ATI 8.07 Beta drivers, which incorporate some major performance improvements over previous drivers for cards with 256MB of ram, and some small improvements for the rest of the cards.

Second, a lot of changes have been made in this release, most of them enhancements and fixes, so PLEASE, take a look at the readme file in the downloads page BEFORE mailing me with questions, I'm really tired of getting questions that are already answered in there.

Third, the Omega Control Panel has changed and new stuff has been added, so if you have any questions about it, just take a look at the new "CP HELP" ATI section I designed, it explains most of the advanced settings.

Fourth, I'm proud to announce that this is the FIRST DRIVER SET IN THE WORLD to incorporate fully working controls for the new ATI "AI" feature, and great part is, there is no need to install CCC or .NET in order to use it. ATI won't be relasing drivers with AI support until Cat 4.10 and I guess other "people" will start releasing drivers with support for AI now that my drivers are out, oh well, let's see IF they manage to make it run without CCC... ;)

Fifth, I have excellent news for laptop users that had the video problem since Cat 4.6, take a look at the readme for the full info.

Enjoy!

----

I haven't tried these yet but I did get around to trying the hotfix ones from ATi and got 100+ points increase in 3DMark05. Not tried anything else yet, this was on an ATi AIW 9800pro 128mb, so recommend all ATi users to look at them.

And especially if you have any AGP card with 258mb as these cards a supposidly seeing big performance gains with the hotfix.
  • AnotherMartin 2 Oct 2004 14:50:50 6,229 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just had a quick run on AquaMark3 with the hotfix and my score's gone up a good 3000 to 3500 points!
  • Spin_Dr_Wolf 3 Oct 2004 14:10:09 6,170 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'd be interested to know, of the numerous ATi users on the forum, who runs ATi drivers, and who use Omega's.
  • WoodenSpoon 3 Oct 2004 14:13:58 12,275 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I use ATi.
    I used to have the old nVidea Omegas, but they had problems running Max Payne 2, and I had to switch back to official ones. Since then I've not bothered with them, I've not encountered any problems with my games so far using official drivers and I can't be bothered with the hassle of switching over if something was to wrong again with the Omegas.
  • Clive_Dunn 3 Oct 2004 14:24:19 4,775 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Always used Omega's here.
  • AnotherMartin 15 Oct 2004 14:39:15 6,229 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ATi Catalyst 4.10 are out, see first post for d/l links.

The CATALYST™ software suite 4.10 contains the following:

* RADEON™ display driver 8.062
    * MULTIMEDIA CENTER™ 9.02
    * CATALYST™ CONTROL CENTER Version 4.10
    * HydraVision™ 3.25.0006
    * HydraVision™ Basic Edition 3.25.9006
    * REMOTE WONDER™ 2.5
    * WDM version 4.07
    * Southbridge/IXP Driver

New Features

This section provides information on new features introduced in the latest release of the CATALYST™ Software Suite. New features include:

* Enhanced Rotation Support for Extended Desktop View
    * 720p and 1080i HDTV Mode Support
    * CATALYST™ A.I.

Enhanced Rotation Support for Extended Desktop View

The CATALYST™ Software Suite 4.10 provides support for Rotation mode in extended desktop view. Currently rotation hotkeys are implemented for simultaneous view but are disabled when the system is in extended desktop mode. This feature will be supported under the Windows XP operating system and is supported on all currently shipping ATI Desktop products.
    720p and 1080i HDTV Mode Support

The CATALYST™ Software Suite 4.10 introduces support for both 720p and 1080i HDTV mode for both CRTs and DFPs. A new properties tab labeled Troubleshoot is added to the ATI Classic Control Panel for both the FPD and Monitor properties page. The Troubleshoot tab will allow users to force 720p and 1080i modes.

Fixed in this driver

Release notes

Edited by AnotherMartin at 13:40:15 15-10-2004
  • Aga 15 Oct 2004 20:00:47 2,148 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What is the difference between Ati and Omega drivers? More optimization? Speed?
  • sam_spade 15 Oct 2004 21:23:48 15,745 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Omega drivers tend to give higher framerates, plus the guys at ATI actually like the work he does.
  • AnotherMartin 13 Nov 2004 00:53:04 6,229 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Wow, busy busy week at ATi this week. Lot's of driver releases including, I believe, WinME, Linux and AMD64-bit drivers but as usual I'll stick to XP. Two releases for that this week.

First the official 4.11 Cats, these are the final version of the betas Omega based his last set on (he decieded to skip the official 4.10 release).

Download links in first post.

CATALYST™ Software Release 4.11 Release Note

And then the more interesting one, a posting of the 4.12 betas no less.

Now the info base article here puts it down as a fix for 'Games hang using PunkBuster Online Gaming Servers', which in it's self may please some people but the more interesting bit is the comment made by the ATi guy that posts over at DH.net...

'ps. if you are planning on playing a hot new game in the next few days, I really recommend you use these drivers. Of course they only work on ATI cards...
    '

Can you guess the game. ;-)

I'll probably stick with the last Omegas for now and wait to see what he does with the new 4.12 betas (can't see him bothering with the final 4.11s), unless it'll be a while and people report hughe benifits from using the 4.12s with Half-Life 2 next week.
  • AnotherMartin 17 Nov 2004 14:11:13 6,229 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    There's been a slight update to the 4.12 betas (link added to first post). Mainly seems to be for added Win2k support but also a couple of minor bug fixes for HL:2.
  • Whizzo 17 Nov 2004 14:12:54 43,031 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Does the CCC run any faster in later releases, the thing has a lot of potential but is so frigging slow.

Still running 4.10, I suppose I should really update for HL2 but I've not had any problems with them.

This space left intentionally blank.

• AnotherMartin 17 Nov 2004 14:20:02 6,229 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    Does the CCC run any faster in later releases, the thing has a lot of potential but is so frigging slow.

Still running 4.10, I suppose I should really update for HL2 but I've not had any problems with them.

It's getting better and the first release was by far the worse one. Still not quiet there though.

The only real benifit over the old CP is the ability to change the AI setting. But you can do this with the Omega CP.

You can download the latest CCC seperatly and in fact if you go for the 4.12 betas (which come with CP) it is recommended you download the newer CCC and install that, even if you already have CCC installed.

Latest CCC should be this one.
  • Machiavel 17 Nov 2004 14:25:30 5,964 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Cheers Whizzo.

So I just need to uninstall the Display Drivers and ATI control panel beforehand? (Don't think I've got the CCC yet)
  • AnotherMartin 4 Dec 2004 13:10:47 6,229 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    New Omegas out, based on the 4.12 betas, link in first post.

Discussion thread at DriverHeaven.
  • WoodenSpoon 11 Dec 2004 15:21:19 12,275 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If I want to go from the official drivers to the Omega ones do I need to uninstall Radlinker?
  • WoodenSpoon 11 Dec 2004 15:51:00 12,275 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nevermind, it's alright.
  • Whizzo 13 Dec 2004 21:32:33 43,031 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Pre-empting AM's normal post but I'm sure he won't mind! If he does he can buy me a pint on Saturday... ;-)

4.12 non-betas have now been released.

Release notes are here.

Pick of the fixes for those having the problems are most likely :-

* Half-Life 2: Playing the game on a system containing an Athlon XP CPU no longer results in missing textures occationally being noticed

* Half-Life 2: Intermittent psychedelic patterns are no longer seen when playing the game under Windows XP

As an Athlon XP user running on XP I've never actually had either problem so they can't be too common. A friend has had the second issue though so I'm sure he'll be happy.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Page

of 9 First / Last