Far Cry 3 Page 72

• Page

of 79 First / Last

• beastmaster 25 Jan 2013 11:38:05 11,992 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Finally got to the south of the island after much messing about. Those guys in the enemy camps make get getting tougher but my guns are getting bigger.

As the sniper rifle is all but useless it's time to get up close and personal with a good ol' fashioned "shotgun under the chin" technique.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• M83J01P97 25 Jan 2013 11:42:48 6,711 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Has there been any hints at single player DLC for this at all? Wouldn't really fit into the current story I know... But I'd love something new from this.
  • Dirtbox 27 Jan 2013 04:26:29 79,204 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• mothercruncher 27 Jan 2013 07:58:17 7,845 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Videogaming's best nipples?
  • ecu 31 Jan 2013 17:52:21 77,316 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Finished this game today. It's flawed in many ways but it's pretty good overall. The second island seems really pointless and almost comes off as filler. I spent 80% of my total playing time on the first island, mostly rushed the story once I'd unlocked everything.

They could totally make a Jurassic Park/dinosaur game out of this. Replace the wildlife with dinosaurs, have enemy mercs to fight as human enemies. I'd buy it.
  • killersrquiet 31 Jan 2013 22:17:30 2,184 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Finished this game today. It's flawed in many ways but it's pretty good overall. The second island seems really pointless and almost comes off as filler. I spent 80% of my total playing time on the first island, mostly rushed the story once I'd unlocked everything.

They could totally make a Jurassic Park/dinosaur game out of this. Replace the wildlife with dinosaurs, have enemy mercs to fight as human enemies. I'd buy it.
    The second island does feel more tacked on. Its got some nice vista's and mountain jumps for the buggys. That's good fun
  • Sylar100 31 Jan 2013 22:23:16 29 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Ah Far Cry 3, it was actually a pretty fun game for me. I loved it. I would always end up diving into the grass every time i heard an enemy truck come back.
  • Deleted user 1 February 2013 10:29:09
    Finished this, daft story, but I felt the second island was better than the first in terms of the main campaign.

The twist at the end was stupid but overall I'd give it an 8.5.
  • denzel-IM5 6 Feb 2013 09:50:11 1 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    please, can you tell me where can I order new the cheapest Far Cry 3 for ps3? thx in advance.
  • kinky_mong 6 Feb 2013 10:27:48 10,867 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    denzel-IM5 wrote:
    please, can you tell me where can I order new the cheapest Far Cry 3 for ps3? thx in advance.
    Happy to Help

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• L0cky 6 Feb 2013 10:40:56 1,557 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just got grindy stuff left; collect relics and letters.

I really hate grindy game mechanics; but I really like running about the island, so I can't quit just yet.

I can't decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing.
  • itinkuravinalaff 7 Feb 2013 09:51:10 191 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Finished this, great game but crappy story ! Can't be arsed to continue.
  • Mola_Ram 7 Feb 2013 09:58:13 8,283 posts
    Seen 55 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I just bought it on 360 (my PC isn't good enough to run it ;_;), am about to start.

First thought: why the fuck are there only like 4 controller configurations, 3 of them for lefties. Would really love to be able to customise one.

...press B to... duck? Click left stick to sprint, and right stick for melee? What?

Am still very much looking forward to playing! It's just weird, is all.
  • RedSparrows 7 Feb 2013 10:03:59 24,248 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    CoD controls are surprising?
  • GuiltySpark 7 Feb 2013 10:07:54 6,466 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Even Halo changed to COD controls, pretty much.

Get bent.

• Mola_Ram 7 Feb 2013 10:10:30 8,283 posts
    Seen 55 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I've never played any CoD game. So, yes.

And I'm fairly sure that the default controls for Far Cry 2 were more customisable. But maybe I just don't remember or something.

Anyway. I'll get used to it.
  • Mola_Ram 7 Feb 2013 12:39:49 8,283 posts
    Seen 55 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Just did the tutorial, and I like it already! Yay! The takedowns are fantastic.
  • chrisno21 7 Feb 2013 15:36:42 1,548 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    After playing through the SP, really enjoying it and collecting all trophies along the way I thought I may as well try the co-op to bag the platinum. Tried the first two stages and gave up - absolutely terrible.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• killersrquiet 7 Feb 2013 15:43:06 2,184 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    chrisno21 wrote:
    After playing through the SP, really enjoying it and collecting all trophies along the way I thought I may as well try the co-op to bag the platinum. Tried the first two stages and gave up - absolutely terrible.
    Don't try the multiplayer its even worse. Not that it even works mind you.

Instead of co op we should have had free roam of the so map. How good would that be
  • Gunzberg 9 Feb 2013 14:31:16 1,751 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Need some help on "Betting the House" mission on PC.

I always get shot down by the RPGs even after a million tries, can't find a trainer or cheat online to give the chopper infinite health so I can get past this bit. Tried it on all difficulties and I go down in flames.

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• Deleted user 9 February 2013 15:02:31
    killersrquiet wrote:
    chrisno21 wrote:

Instead of co op we should have had free roam of the so map. How good would that be
    They could make an awesome base defense game with this world. Like Team Fortress.
  • killersrquiet 9 Feb 2013 15:43:05 2,184 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    bitch_tits_zero_nine wrote:
    killersrquiet wrote:
    chrisno21 wrote:

They could make an awesome base defense game with this world. Like Team Fortress.
    Wasted opportunities from ubisoft. SP was amazing fun but much much more could have been included.

Edited by killersrquiet at 16:09:02 09-02-2013
  • NewbieZilla 13 Feb 2013 16:56:09 239 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Brilliant Far Cry 3 review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX_f5Jzn94Q
  • SparkyMarky81 13 Feb 2013 17:03:45 567 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Got bored of this while still on the first island. It's quite repetitive and the map is so bloody big that it got tedious clearing enemy camps and climbing radio towers over and over again.

Even the animals, which were cool at first, became a bit dull. Especially bullet-sponge tigers. They wouldn't be endangered IRL if they were half as resistant to machine gun fire as they are in this game.

The story just didn't have enough about it to motivate me to keep going and the unlockable skills seemed fairly pointless really.
  • JoeGBallad 13 Feb 2013 17:25:59 388 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @NewbieZilla Ma pal made that! *proud tear*

If you aren't utterly disgusted by me please check out my videogames show at:

www.youtube.com/BitSocket

• killersrquiet 13 Feb 2013 18:36:27 2,184 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    SparkyMarky81 wrote:
    Got bored of this while still on the first island. It's quite repetitive and the map is so bloody big that it got tedious clearing enemy camps and climbing radio towers over and over again.

Even the animals, which were cool at first, became a bit dull. Especially bullet-sponge tigers. They wouldn't be endangered IRL if they were half as resistant to machine gun fire as they are in this game.

The story just didn't have enough about it to motivate me to keep going and the unlockable skills seemed fairly pointless really.
    You need to embrace the open ended and free roam style of far cry otherwise you won't get much from the experience. I agree the actual story was contrived but I could accept that against every other good point
  • ecu 13 Feb 2013 18:52:06 77,316 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I don't know why they highlighted every loot box on the map. Actually, I don't know why they made the loot completely worthless to the point where it has no other purpose than to sell. Might as well just give me the cash direct from the box instead of trying fake some depth to this game.
  • L0cky 13 Feb 2013 19:33:11 1,557 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Agreed.

I did start clearing the loot from the island just to give me an excuse to still play it, but then I checked myself and uninstalled it.

The story was crap; the side quests were boring; the characters were embarrassingly shallow; and the camp liberation stuff ran out of strategy very quickly.

The hunting and assassin missions were fun.

Crafting of the drugs seemed tacked on (hey, people like crafting right?) and were nothing but an unnecessary chore.

I liked playing it just for the sake of driving and running around; the world was amazing, I just wish they could have figured out a better game for it to host.
  • SparkyMarky81 13 Feb 2013 19:40:12 567 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @killersrquiet I know what you are saying. For me though, an open world game needs to provide some sort of incentive for exploring in order for me to embrace it and I'm not finding that with Far Cry.

It doesn't seem worthwhile to go exploring as there isn't really anything interesting to find, just more camps and towers. And I end up miles away from my objective.
  • killersrquiet 13 Feb 2013 20:59:11 2,184 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yep you'll always end up far away from your objective I think I cleared most of the map before doing the story.

I've always wanted to try skyrim although I'm not sure I'd like it. Probably why I liked far cry.

I know they are very different gamed but far cry is more open than most fps games I play

Edited by killersrquiet at 22:01:52 13-02-2013
  • Page

of 79 First / Last