Far Cry 3 Page 61

• Page

of 79 First / Last

• andytheadequate 23 Dec 2012 17:49:22 8,082 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    After messing around with a load of settings I seem to have made the game playable. Reducing the screen resolution seemed to help the most.

Anyway, the main story missions have been pretty average so far, although I've loved the side quest stuff.

Anyone on PC fancy a co-op partner? Mr-Brett, perhaps?

Edited by andytheadequate at 17:49:30 23-12-2012
  • wogsy81 23 Dec 2012 18:29:01 719 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    wogsy81 wrote:
    @Syrette Well i done all 6 co-op missions and each mission took maybe 90 mins to 2 hours to do on normal. Thats involving a few deaths for the team here and there too.
    Wow, really that long?
    Yup, i would say put aside an hour at least for even the most shortest co-op mission playing on easy. They are all pretty meaty.
    If you get a gang of idiots on your team then it will be double that easy. But i found the community pretty good and was always revived by my fellow players and given booster shots etc.
  • SYS64738 23 Dec 2012 22:46:55 1,586 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm on the second island now having acquired the uniform. Am I stuck with it until a later part of the game and then lose it or will this become part of my inventory later?
  • Pumpatron 23 Dec 2012 23:15:57 374 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @SYS64738

You wear the uniform until you finish all the story missions. When you beat the game you're free to continue playing, but you don't have the uniform anymore. But you do keep the wing suit.

I didn't like having the uniform to be honest. Which is why I've waited until I finished the main story before exploring and doing the outposts on the south island.
  • SYS64738 24 Dec 2012 00:33:59 1,586 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I see. Might do the same as you then. Thanks.
  • andytheadequate 24 Dec 2012 17:05:35 8,082 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Anyone else found the story missions incredibly dull so far? I thinks it's the only game where the side quests are more fun than the main story. The story missions seem to be a lot more linear than the rest of the game, and only have one of two objectives.

Just a shame you have to do the story missions to unlock some of the abilities really
  • 1Dgaf 25 Dec 2012 13:42:15 3,788 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

• theguy 25 Dec 2012 21:06:29 652 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just finished it, I didn't think there was enough Vaas.

Do i have to start all over again to see the other ending?

Edited by theguy at 21:11:56 25-12-2012
  • Syrette 25 Dec 2012 21:07:00 43,108 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ubisoft servers down for anyone else?

• Deleted user 25 December 2012 21:08:00
    @Syrette Can't log in to Uplay here :-\
  • mcmothercruncher 25 Dec 2012 22:19:10 6,487 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No uplay is probably Ubisoft's Christmas present to us all.
  • Deleted user 25 December 2012 23:15:37
    Cant sign into Uplay either.
  • rodbull 26 Dec 2012 00:46:13 39 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Only had a quick dabble on the 360 version on Xmas eve but it seems to have that awful FOV wobbly camera design what dead island as which I couldn't play ......driving vehicles seems awful I hope on my next play it suits me better as I payed a pretty penny for the insane edition plus the exclusive future shop Steelbook.

It also doesn't look to clever Xbox 360 version I'm playing although I do have a decent laptop what could probably play it better? I chose the 360 format.
  • Syrette 26 Dec 2012 01:06:30 43,108 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Have to be honest, this isn't doing it for me like I thought it would.

Not sure why exactly. Probably a bit of everything really; the plot isn't pulling me in, the combat is so-so, and graphically (on 360) it's both technically very impressive and pretty disappointing. Looks like a game which is best played on a good PC. The textures are poor and it all seems a bit low res in order to have such a big game world to explore. There's this shimmering effect all over the place, and it just doesn't feel very smooth.

There's a lot to do but it's all basically shooting/collecting/hunting. And the island is just a bit... dull.

Thing is I'm only a few hours in so far from giving up on it but I'm not that motivated to play it. Which is a shame as I have a bit of free time like most of us this holiday period.

In fact, thinking about it, I think it's because I'm bored of FPSs in general. Hopefully I'll get over that either later on with this, or when Bioshock Infinite is released.

Edited by Syrette at 01:17:47 26-12-2012

• 1Dgaf 26 Dec 2012 01:12:03 3,788 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It took sixteen hours or so before I started to like it. I made a point of unlocking health and kill skills first.

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

• Deleted user 26 December 2012 01:39:09
    @Syrette True, I played it on PC and actually found it a rather sumptuous experience, although not without some major flaws - especially the story.

I can understand why some people don't get it. I really had to be in a mood to play it, to just go off exploring and ignore most of the plot (or just do the odd quest in very short bursts). Personally, if you've gotten through the horrendous tutorial section, I'd give it a little more time as the freedom is truly liberating. Just take your time and don't feel pressured in to advancing the story because it's really not worth it.
  • SamWalker 26 Dec 2012 10:38:08 82 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Can't join any online matches. I get measuring quality, lobby x of X and this repeats forever.
  • theguy 26 Dec 2012 13:21:34 652 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Can you download maps that others have made like in Halo?

Edit: Found out it's in the multiplayer section as opposed to the map editor section

Edited by theguy at 13:28:56 26-12-2012
  • quadfather 26 Dec 2012 14:37:23 11,871 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Is the killing fields quest deliberately cunty, or is it just me playing like a spacker?

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• robthehermit 26 Dec 2012 14:38:11 3,986 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Really enjoying this. Going out hunting and crafting and whatnot before I tackle the story. Off to kill me some boars and cassowarys next. Just took down the black panther with a bow and arrow. Took many many attempts, that thing has an arrow repellant hide.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• Deleted user 26 December 2012 14:41:18
    Only 2 more achievements to get. I'll be glad to see the back of this to be honest. When you get to the second island I think it starts to go down hill enjoyment wise.
  • quadfather 26 Dec 2012 14:54:15 11,871 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm really not enjoying the killing fields quest. I must be doing something wrong. Although the *god awful* skrillex dub / reggae soundtrack it plays during that mission is making me want to stab my ears and shit on the screen

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• itinkuravinalaff 26 Dec 2012 15:19:10 191 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    So far I'v noticed a lot less to no screen tearing on the PS3 copy compared to the god awful 360 copy I played. Although i'v just started.
  • rodbull 26 Dec 2012 16:10:57 39 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    After early impressions of the game starting to enjoy it it now just done the a stealth mission near the ship named after that beautiful snake headed lady ;).

Sussed the driving a bit now.....what do I need to kill to carry more weapons? as I want to carry a silenced pistol for a few more stealthy sections plus a few rifles and SMGs etc.....I only have the option for one weapon.

Killed my first shark but it was washed up in shallow water so was like shooting fish in a barrel....dread to think diving underwater to kill one.
  • Cogsy666 26 Dec 2012 16:58:28 155 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    rodbull wrote:
    After early impressions of the game starting to enjoy it it now just done the a stealth mission near the ship named after that beautiful snake headed lady ;).

Sussed the driving a bit now.....what do I need to kill to carry more weapons? as I want to carry a silenced pistol for a few more stealthy sections plus a few rifles and SMGs etc.....I only have the option for one weapon.

Killed my first shark but it was washed up in shallow water so was like shooting fish in a barrel....dread to think diving underwater to kill one.
    Need to craft a bigger weapon holster can't remember what u need exactly but you can check in the crafting menu.

Rock N Grohl

• robthehermit 26 Dec 2012 17:27:05 3,986 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    One of the first things I did was max out the holster. Got a Sniper Rifle, Silenced Pistol, Shotgun and Bow.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• andytheadequate 26 Dec 2012 17:33:31 8,082 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think its a goat skin for your first weapon holster, not sure after that though
  • spamdangled 26 Dec 2012 17:40:08 27,271 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Post-completion analysis has caused me to revise my opinion of this game downwards substantially.

Not so much I think it's shit, but it's just above average.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• rodbull 26 Dec 2012 17:41:43 39 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Cheers all now time to find some goats.

It's defo a game what you need to play for a while as my early impressions was not good maybe I was tired when I started it the other night but today's play was most enjoyable.:D
  • oldschoolsoviet 26 Dec 2012 17:43:07 5,457 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    :p
  • Page

of 79 First / Last