Far Cry 3 Page 35

• Page

of 79 First / Last

• spamdangled 4 Dec 2012 12:25:02 27,276 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Lexx87 wrote:
    Quick one:

Using an xbox pad on the PC version, anyone doing it? Ubisoft have a tendancy to completely fuck it up.
    My lodger is playing on PC with pad and he said it works really well (I'm assuming he meant "for a console port"), but then he just mentioned it in passing.

Edited by darkmorgado at 12:33:49 04-12-2012

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Maturin 4 Dec 2012 12:28:23 2,936 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Lexx87 wrote:
    Quick one:

Using an xbox pad on the PC version, anyone doing it? Ubisoft have a tendancy to completely fuck it up.
    Tried it. Seemed fine to me.
  • Alfarifeio 4 Dec 2012 12:45:03 1 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    love the Game, playing Xbox 360 version, the single player campaing is awesome, only prob is when I go to play online, I'm having a lot of trouble to connect to games and almost everytime I end up in a empty lobby. My net connection is good and NAT is always open so it should have any probs connecting.

Am I the only Xbox user that has this problem??
  • repairmanjack 4 Dec 2012 12:49:00 5,998 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Anyone else done the quest for the crying woman talking about the plane crash? If I actually heard the last line of the quest correctly, I think it's an excellent random moment.
  • krushing 4 Dec 2012 12:54:24 777 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Hmmm.

)Mild spoilers about the themes of the story ahead but nothing too bad. To be safe, wait until you've met Buck.)

I'm not very convinced by the way the story seems to be rapidly descending into voodoo-esque mumbo-jumbo and magical ancient artifacts nonsense. It feels very at odds with the themes that the game is trying to go for and dilutes the impact of the early game and characters.

It wouldn't surprise me if I start developing the ability to fly and shoot magical bolts of lightning from my hands towards the end.

Can I expect my fears to be justified or assauged in this regard?
    I'm not quite at the end yet, but it doesn't seem like it will. The compass seems to be the only thing that *actually* hints at something like that ("magic"), the rest is just good ol' drugs :)
  • kinky_mong 4 Dec 2012 12:54:25 10,101 posts
    Seen 19 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    He's spend the last 10 pages whining about the game. He's fucking dull. We get it, he doesn't like it. Go play something else, nobody wants to read the some fucker complaining for seven days on end.
    This seems to be the way of EG, just look at the Borderlands 2 thread.

The last 15 or so pages of that thread consist mostly of posts such as "WAAAAHH the loot system in this game is awful! I've played for 300 hours and only got 4 orange weapons!"

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• spamdangled 4 Dec 2012 12:55:05 27,276 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Alfarifeio wrote:
    love the Game, playing Xbox 360 version, the single player campaing is awesome, only prob is when I go to play online, I'm having a lot of trouble to connect to games and almost everytime I end up in a empty lobby. My net connection is good and NAT is always open so it should have any probs connecting.

Am I the only Xbox user that has this problem??
    No, I'm getting it as well.

Wasn't it only released today in the US? Might explain empty lobbies.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• kinky_mong 4 Dec 2012 12:55:49 10,101 posts
    Seen 19 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Anyway, all the feedback in this thread is really making me want the game. I'm going to have to sack off someone's Christmas present and get this for myself instead aren't I?

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• spamdangled 4 Dec 2012 12:59:47 27,276 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    Anyway, all the feedback in this thread is really making me want the game. I'm going to have to sack off someone's Christmas present and get this for myself instead aren't I?
    Or get it, then when you're done stick an extra pube in the case and give it to someone else. When they complain it's already opened, blame Game.

• PearOfAnguish 4 Dec 2012 13:02:28 7,194 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    This seems to be the way of EG, just look at the Borderlands 2 thread.

The last 15 or so pages of that thread consist mostly of posts such as "WAAAAHH the loot system in this game is awful! I've played for 300 hours and only got 4 orange weapons!"
    Sometimes it is just bitching for the sake of it, but when a game is mostly excellent the flaws stand out a lot more. You're happily stomping around the jungle setting pirates on fire and slicing up animals, then the interface gets in the way or something else comes up which ruins the immersion and takes you out of the moment.
  • spamdangled 4 Dec 2012 13:06:38 27,276 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @PearOfAnguish

That may be true, but at the same time I'm not more liable to be any more annoyed by them than I would in a more average, smaller game that wasn't released to so much hype. The problem I think is when you trash one mostly excellent game for a couple of niggles, but then praise another far more average and inconsistent one with exactly the same niggles and more of its own.

It also causes some of the strange errata that we see in so many reviews.

Edited by darkmorgado at 13:07:15 04-12-2012

• Deleted user 4 December 2012 13:47:52
    I've unlocked all of the weapon holsters and have finally crafted all of the ammo pouches. Now all I need is some decent guns and I'm set.
  • neilka 4 Dec 2012 14:21:10 15,825 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
  • neilka 4 Dec 2012 14:22:07 15,825 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That should be the name and boxart of this game btw
  • spamdangled 4 Dec 2012 14:28:36 27,276 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I find that now I've unlocked a lot more of the weapons and have built up most of my skills, I'm going in guns blazing far more than before, where I chose to take the sneaky route.

I'm also finding that the bonus XP given from things like chaining kills and multikills more than outweighs the bonuses for non-detection.

Anyone else finding their playstyle changing like this as it goes on?

• spamdangled 4 Dec 2012 14:29:08 27,276 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Plus I can clear an enemy camp in seconds with the grenade launcher :-)

• HarryPalmer 4 Dec 2012 14:30:49 3,202 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I dont want to kill pigs and goats.
  • neilka 4 Dec 2012 14:36:55 15,825 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    How about cassowaries?
  • neilqpr 4 Dec 2012 14:44:20 2,838 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I got grief off the better half for killing a Tapir in cold blood at the weekend. She wasn't impressed.
  • neilqpr 4 Dec 2012 14:44:53 2,838 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Then I left the zoo and played Far Cry etc etc...
  • Maturin 4 Dec 2012 14:47:45 2,936 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Plus I can clear an enemy camp in seconds with the grenade launcher :-)
    Yes I've done that. Lot's of fun.
  • bbvDJC 4 Dec 2012 14:48:21 1,709 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I killed everything I came across, am I a bad person?

Think I'm going to replay it on hard with aim assist off and try to stealth everything this time. As dark said as I got further in I decided to turn into Rambo and blow everything up.

Although I do want to C4 an outpost up and try and take everything out in one.
  • graysonavich 4 Dec 2012 14:49:23 7,320 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    neilqpr wrote:
    I got grief off the better half for killing a Tapir in cold blood at the weekend. She wasn't impressed.
    How did that conversation go?
  • Deckard1 4 Dec 2012 14:50:18 27,588 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    At first I was a little unsure about killing the animals. Last night I took a flamethrower to herd of pigs just to hear them scream.

War. Its faaaantastic.

Hush you ponce

• HarryPalmer 4 Dec 2012 15:00:24 3,202 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @neilka - I was stalked by one of them yesterday, it was eerie and unnerving. I'd happily kill them. Pigs and goats are so cute though.
  • spamdangled 4 Dec 2012 15:26:28 27,276 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is it possible to kill villagers in this? I've not even tried it.

I'm assuming if you can that it gets a non-too-pleasant reaction from the friendly militia?

• neems 4 Dec 2012 15:26:38 1,204 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    I find that now I've unlocked a lot more of the weapons and have built up most of my skills, I'm going in guns blazing far more than before, where I chose to take the sneaky route.

I'm also finding that the bonus XP given from things like chaining kills and multikills more than outweighs the bonuses for non-detection.

Anyone else finding their playstyle changing like this as it goes on?

A good chain kill is incredibly satisfying, that's for sure - works well with the auto loot for takedown skill as well. Stabbing three guys in a row, while simultaneously picking their pockets? Thank you very much.
  • neilka 4 Dec 2012 15:28:48 15,825 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It just tells you that Ezio's ancestors didn't kill innocents.

I was happily chasing down a herd of deer with a machine gun yesterday until the leopard that was also chasing them suddenly decided I was more interesting. It bit my fucking face off.
  • Zizoo 4 Dec 2012 15:37:20 8,254 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Does the PS3 patch help with fps at all? My brother is a couple of hours in and it's starting to shudder. I tried to download the patch for him but it kept being corrupted... I just wanna know if it's worth formatting his HDD etc to try sort it out.
  • Page

of 79 First / Last