Platinum Trophies Page 4

• Page

of 27 First / Last

• stuartm 26 Nov 2009 00:34:56 161 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    Big Swiss wrote:
    you really think so, I can't imagin that 20 bronze are more worth than 3 gold for instance?? that would be pointless!

Actually they are.

1 Silver = 3 Bronze

1 Gold = 2 Silver = 6 Bronze

1 Platinum = 2 Gold = 4 Silver = 12 Bronze

Or, for the sake of working out your levels:

Trophy Point Value
    Bronze - 15
    Silver - 30
    Gold - 90
    Platinum - 180

If 1 silver = 3 bronze and a bronze is 15 points then silver can't be 30 points, it must be 45. Then gold is 2 x 45 = 90 points.

I've only got 3 platinums, and they were all games I had already got 1000gs on the 360! My tip for an easy, and definite planinum - Tomb Raider Underworld. You can get every trophy on one play-through, as the hard difficulty is not at all hard. If you miss a treasure you can get it in tresure-hunt mode.
  • chessboxer 26 Nov 2009 03:51:16 250 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It should be:

1 Silver = 2 Bronze

1 Gold = 3 Silver = 6 Bronze

1 Platinum = 2 Gold = 6 Silver = 12 Bronze

I have 12075 points which puts me at 3% into Level 10.

I have a few friends who are currently Level 13 and one of them has reached it with just over 1000 trophies, but he does have 13 Platinums...
  • HeartlessGR 26 Nov 2009 06:34:03 5 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I got 4 at the moment: Infamous, Uncharted:DF, Prince of Persia and Fallout 3.
    I'll soonish have 3 more as i'm pretty close to getting them: Killzone 2 (Just need the medal ones but i don't wanna boost em so it'll take some time), Dead Space (Just need to max out 2 more weapons, pretty close) and Little Big Planet (i need to get all stickies and the online ones to get it, which well i'll first try to create a semi-decent level, just for the sake of it, but then heart share anyway)
    And then at some point i will get Trine, Uncharted 2 and Demon's Souls platinums, but i'm still far off.
    Finally i'm gonna try getting Wipeout HD one, but the chances are against me, and maybe Street Fighter 4 but chances that i'll ever pass the hard trials are even fewer. I'll try hard nevertheless.
    Oh and i still got GTA4 which is sitting at 4%, and i seriously prefer to work at a coal mine all day, than play this horrible game (for me at least) ever again, so i'll never get this platinum.
  • Akari 26 Nov 2009 08:35:12 183 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just to confirm the points each trophy type is worth.

Broze = 15
    Silver = 30
    Gold = 90
    Platinum = 180

• Gregolution 26 Nov 2009 09:50:25 3,259 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Stegofreak wrote:
    @Gregolution

I know that all games are worth the same but games with bronze trophies will have more trophies overall than games with a majority of silvers and as a result 5 silvers will always top 5 bronzes.

Yeah games with more bronze trophies will have more trophies overall, but all games have to add up to the same amount of 'score'. ie: if a silver = 3 bronze, then 1 game can have 1 silver for every 3 of another games bronze.

Just like on Xbox all games add up to 1000 total, it's exactly the same on PS3.
  • Big-Swiss 26 Nov 2009 09:52:51 8,096 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    #gregolution

you still owe me some answers! EOJ Platinum?
  • Gregolution 26 Nov 2009 09:57:01 3,259 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Big Swiss wrote:
    #gregolution

you still owe me some answers! EOJ Platinum?

lol sorry. It's the easiest platinum I've got. Most of them you can get with any deck, I think there are about 4 trophies where you need to use some field move cards so you'll need to customise a bit. That's the 'end up holding 5 biolith squares' challenges.
  • andijames 26 Nov 2009 10:26:44 2,731 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think Assassin's Creed 2 will be my first platinum now at this rate. I'm actually finding some of the side challenges good fun and wanting to complete them naturally instead of grinding them out to get results. So i'm picking up trophies hand over fist by just playing the game naturally which makes a nice change :)

vivir el momento

• Derblington 26 Nov 2009 10:27:49 21,636 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I have 2 - Uncharted 1 & 2, but I only play exclusives on my PS3. Infamous, KZ2 and a few others are works in progress.
  • Akari 26 Nov 2009 13:15:37 183 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    Stegofreak wrote:
    @Gregolution

I know that all games are worth the same but games with bronze trophies will have more trophies overall than games with a majority of silvers and as a result 5 silvers will always top 5 bronzes.

Yeah games with more bronze trophies will have more trophies overall, but all games have to add up to the same amount of 'score'. ie: if a silver = 3 bronze, then 1 game can have 1 silver for every 3 of another games bronze.

Just like on Xbox all games add up to 1000 total, it's exactly the same on PS3.

Thats not actually the case. The trophies don't have to add up to 1000. They can be slightly over or under. The platinum also doesn't count as part of the overall total so if you get a platinum on a ps3 title you'll always get more than 1000 points.
  • 10omarti 26 Nov 2009 18:32:25 227 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have 9! (totally wins this thread) :)

1. Singstar
    2. Uncharted
    3. Fallout 3
    4. BioShock
    5. Burnout Paradise
    6. Buzz! Quiz TV
    7. LittleBigPlanet
    8. Need for Speed Undercover
    9. Trivial Pursuit

Definatly most proud of my Singstar platinum!
  • Whatsfor 29 Nov 2009 00:11:50 2,189 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Whatsfor wrote:
    Big Swiss wrote:
    wow, that is a dream platinum compared to all the others!

MW2 I thought could be platinum worthy, then I experienced spec ops, and nope, will probably not be the case.....

/looks left, looks right, orders terminator........;-))

Im on 54/69 stars in spec ops... Then a quick blast through in Veteran and i'll have it done.

Quick update...

I FINISHED SPEC OPS, WOOP WOOP! =D
  • Straty88 29 Nov 2009 00:54:56 3,186 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    managed my 1st on AC2, probably easiest plat to get tbh

Campers have feelings!

• Telepathic.Geometry 29 Nov 2009 03:55:28 11,324 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just got my first platinum on Dead Space. :D I am now a proud Concordance Officer. :D

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• PanStre 29 Nov 2009 07:56:50 425 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote:
    I'm very close to getting a platinum on Dead Space, and Infamous. In Dead Space's case, it was a pleasure from start to finish, and presuming that I can beat the game on Impossible with only the plasma cutter - a challenge I'm relishing and regretting in equal measure - I'll have it. :)

I did just that, it was just more convenient than to do two playthroughs for each.

Favourite moment in the impossible run was the Leviathan beastie. Ran out of cutter ammo for it and had to resort to flinging its own bombs at it. I was punching the air when I killed it doing that.

Infamous, Dead Space, Uncharted 1, Uncharted 2, and lately Assassin's Creed 2 (easiest one of the lot though).

It even carries over to how I play games on my Xbox...got 1000 on Fallout 3, next up is Dead Rising when I have the time.
  • carrotcake 29 Nov 2009 11:20:49 22 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    didnt think i would get one but then tekken 6 came out with mostly easy trophies.

only one causing me to tear my hair out was the silver for beating nancy, but scraped through in the end.

so, one platinum for me.
  • PazJohnMitch 29 Nov 2009 12:33:57 8,064 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have one Platinum trophy for Uncharted: Drakes Fortune and I intend to get the Uncharted 2 one too. However this is because I love these games and want to do everything on them as opposed to collecting trophies. I really do not care to much about trophies and have very few on my other PS3 games.

I care even less for trophies than I do for Achievements
  • PazJohnMitch 29 Nov 2009 12:39:50 8,064 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago

1 Silver = 3 Bronze

1 Gold = 2 Silver = 6 Bronze

1 Platinum = 2 Gold = 4 Silver = 12 Bronze

Or, for the sake of working out your levels:

Trophy Point Value
    Bronze - 15
    Silver - 30
    Gold - 90
    Platinum - 180

From your description a Silver should be 45 not 30.
  • PazJohnMitch 29 Nov 2009 12:42:47 8,064 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    PanStre wrote:

It even carries over to how I play games on my Xbox...got 1000 on Fallout 3, next up is Dead Rising when I have the time.

Dead Rising is the first one I tried to get 1000/1000 on. I gave up at 880 as I could not kill the helicopter. And then could not be bothered with the other 5 Achievements I missed.
  • Deleted user 29 November 2009 17:05:14
    Got the MW2 platinum, it was ridicously easy.
  • Gregolution 29 Nov 2009 20:04:59 3,259 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    10omarti wrote:
    I have 9! (totally wins this thread) :)

1. Singstar
    2. Uncharted
    3. Fallout 3
    4. BioShock
    5. Burnout Paradise
    6. Buzz! Quiz TV
    7. LittleBigPlanet
    8. Need for Speed Undercover
    9. Trivial Pursuit

Definatly most proud of my Singstar platinum!

/impressed

Especially at number 1!
  • Phily50 29 Nov 2009 20:34:40 2,199 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    spartancog117 wrote:

Not for me! I found the main campaign easy enough on Veteran, but the spec ops bit keeps defeating me. Plus when I try to do the two player only ones online, I can never connect to anyone-I end up just sitting in the lobby, waiting.
  • TurboBailey 29 Nov 2009 21:20:28 687 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Specs ops is rock hard :( either that or I'm just shit

I'm currenting trying to get platinum on uncharted 2 - it's not as hard as I thought it would be ...

Dirt 2 is piss easy for platinum
  • Whatsfor 29 Nov 2009 21:31:52 2,189 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Phily50 wrote:
    spartancog117 wrote:

Not for me! I found the main campaign easy enough on Veteran, but the spec ops bit keeps defeating me. Plus when I try to do the two player only ones online, I can never connect to anyone-I end up just sitting in the lobby, waiting.

LOL! You have to invite a friend... Its not random join!
  • Straty88 29 Nov 2009 21:32:34 3,186 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    need to try Dirt 2 sometime, just havent got the time tbh

Campers have feelings!

• Phily50 29 Nov 2009 21:54:38 2,199 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Whatsfor wrote:
    Phily50 wrote:
    spartancog117 wrote:

LOL! You have to invite a friend... Its not random join!

I knew that! *ahem* carry on....

With that in mind, anyone fancy a bit of Spec Ops tomorrow evening maybe?
  • PazJohnMitch 29 Nov 2009 21:55:54 8,064 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    I have one Platinum trophy for Uncharted: Drakes Fortune and I intend to get the Uncharted 2 one too. However this is because I love these games and want to do everything on them as opposed to collecting trophies. I really do not care to much about trophies and have very few on my other PS3 games.

I care even less for trophies than I do for Achievements

I now have 2 as I just got the Uncharted 2 one.
  • ThemisB 29 Nov 2009 21:56:22 2,782 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I like getting the most out of games I enjoy, and getting all the trophies is a fun way to do so. I tried whoring Terminator Salvation but just couldn't. Got a couple of levels in and it was just too awful. So yeah, I really enjoy getting platinums for games I like. But I found that certain non-platinum trophies were far more rewarding to get, like 'Beat Zico' on Wipeout HD for instance.

Anyway here they are:

Burnout Paradise
    Uncharted 1 & 2
    Fallout 3
    Infamous
    Killzone 2
    Megadrive Ultimate Collection (still have nightmares about the Mean Bean Machine)
    Bioshock
    Resident Evil 5
    Dead Space

Uncharted 2 was an especially fun one to get, as if I needed trophies as an excuse to play that game over and over.

Ones I'd like to get at some point:

Borderlands
    Dirt 2
    Batman AA
    GOW 1 & 2
    MW2
    Wipeout HD (wishful thinking...)
    Demon's Souls (even more wishful...)
  • Stegofreak 3 Dec 2009 15:30:41 57 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Finally started getting through the list of games I've been wanting to play. Platinumed Assassin's Creed 2 there yesterday...pretty hand in the end and a delight to play. Threw Tekken into the machine there yesterday - trophies seen easy but most are for the campaign which hasn't really grabbed me.

Also playing through Uncharted 2 on Crushing at the moment and am tempted to go for the last trophy I need from Resistance 2...only 6,500 online kills away...lol.
  • guernican 6 Dec 2009 13:39:43 381 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    andijames wrote:
    I think Assassin's Creed 2 will be my first platinum now at this rate. I'm actually finding some of the side challenges good fun and wanting to complete them naturally instead of grinding them out to get results. So i'm picking up trophies hand over fist by just playing the game naturally which makes a nice change :)

Agreed, got 94% of the trophies on the first playthrough. Admittedly I started chasing them when I realised how many I was getting, but now all I think I need are stupid ones... knocking 5 guys over with a bloody spear or throwing sand in people's faces.

PSN ID: guernican

• Page

of 27 First / Last