Platinum Trophies Page 20

• Page

of 26 First / Last

• FarFromSane 3 Mar 2013 16:46:23 236 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've just got a platinum for inFAMOUS 2. It's well worth playing twice. I enjoyed the evil ending more than the good ending. Now that's my Fourth Platinum.

Somewhere out there, a neurotic chicken wants to cross the road but is paralyzed by the knowledge that everyone will question his motives

• Telepathic.Geometry 5 Mar 2013 05:02:24 11,270 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, that ending was fucking awesome. :'D Better to burn out...

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• enfilade 5 Mar 2013 07:05:10 211 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Up to 31 now, popped Ni No Kuni and NFS: Most Wanted (Vita) over the weekend :)

Now it's time to tidy up on FIFA 12...
  • FarFromSane 22 Mar 2013 19:11:48 236 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've just got myself The Walking Dead Platinum which takes me up to 5. What a great journey to get the fifth.

Somewhere out there, a neurotic chicken wants to cross the road but is paralyzed by the knowledge that everyone will question his motives

• rockavitch 24 Mar 2013 00:55:50 285 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Got my 20th just last week, Okami HD. Fun times.

Follow me on Twitter @MikeRockavitch ... from a distance of course ... No fat chicks ...

• Big-Boss 24 Mar 2013 01:20:18 11 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I recently racked up my 30th platinum which I'm actually quite proud of simply because I do almost all of my multi-platform gaming on the 360. My trophy level is 18 and I'm around 48% in. I have friends who only game on the PS3 yet haven't even reached level 10 yet! I guess they have a life and aren't achievement/trophy whores like myself :(
  • Telepathic.Geometry 25 Mar 2013 04:16:21 11,270 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I cleared dig down mode over the weekend, and just polished off 214 lines in 180 seconds time attack, so now all I have to do for the Skin Master trophy on Lumines is clear 20 levels of Advance. CAKE!

I know it's not a full game with a plat, but the 100% on this game is worthy of a fucking platinum by God.

Actually, my PS3 is starting to give signs of heart failure, so I'm desperately trying to polish off the trophies that are close to being finished, and that would require a lot of time to get to again from scratch.

Namely, Castlevania (just a few more for Eleventy party), God of War III (just have to complete the fucking turn to stone 10 times challenge and I'm done), Mass Effect 3 (should already have popped actually, but the trophy for all the assets is glitched) and Jak II.

It'll be so satisfying to tick them off the list as they've been sitting their for a long time awaiting the slew of new games to wane.

I'm already guilty of creating a wall of text, so I might as well finish the job off. As a trophy whore, the Tomb Raider plat is gonna piss me off something fierce if the multi-player is as bad as bad as I think it will be. Also, searching for every one of those challenge thingies is gonna be a pain in the ballsack...

• Telepathic.Geometry 28 Mar 2013 06:44:20 11,270 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah!!! Got my ultra rare Skin Master trophy. 1.78% bitches. That one really feels like an accomplishment...

• Telepathic.Geometry 4 Apr 2013 07:00:20 11,270 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Jak II will be mine soon... Oh yes, it will be mine...

• Triggerhappytel 4 Apr 2013 14:59:49 2,667 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote:
    Jak II will be mine soon... Oh yes, it will be mine...
    Not according to your post in the Jak II topic! :p
  • Telepathic.Geometry 4 Apr 2013 16:25:32 11,270 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just have to beat the final boss and it's mine. :) Maybe 10 minutes from now... ;P

• Telepathic.Geometry 4 Apr 2013 16:57:56 11,270 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's like the game just can't get enough of fucking with me, I get the cunt half way down through his third bar, and it resets me to the beginning of the fight... But doesn't reset my ammo. :/ This game seems to revel in being a fucking cunt.

• Telepathic.Geometry 5 Apr 2013 00:26:29 11,270 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @TriggerHappyTel: XD

• X201 7 Apr 2013 11:43:28 15,138 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sly Cooper 2 :)

Think I'll have a break before Sly 3 and 4
  • uk-kob 7 Apr 2013 12:07:15 126 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    got tomb raider plat last week, nothing hard involved, just some grinding mp xp is a choir, now going for the plat for the new army of two, should have that done by tomorrow .
  • FuzzyDuck 7 Apr 2013 12:08:10 3,905 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    X201 wrote:

I Platinumed the first game and had full intention to completely rinse this (one of the best if not the best platformer of its original gen) but found it borderline unplayable as when you invert the controls, it does it to both the X and Y axes. Can't play without invert (hey, you push your neck forward to look down and pull it back to look up!), but still need to push right to look right and push left to look left.

Gutted :(
  • PazJohnMitch 7 Apr 2013 15:38:24 7,816 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I am the same. I need to invert the vertical but not the horizontal. Far to many of the games of the last gen were invert both / neither only.
  • FuzzyDuck 8 Apr 2013 16:18:22 3,905 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @PazJohnMitch

Agreed there about last gen. Think i was okay with them back in the day as I had taken a break from gaming for about 4 years, and the Dual Shock 2 was the first dual stick controller I ever owned, so I guess it was a new thing and I could adapt to it.

But once I settled into custom schemes that let you pick your axes, this method is ingrained in my muscle memory and I just can't touch those older games.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 9 Apr 2013 06:53:56 11,270 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I hate that axis switching problem too. AND! I fucking hate that you can't set the controls on a lot of downloadable games to O = yes, X = no. A lot of them need you to press X to progress, and it fucks me up.

I think it was Dishonored had that bug in it, where in the tutorial it was suggesting you press one button to jump when actually it was another one. Fortunately, I don't pay any attention any more. X is almost always jump, and that suits me just fine...

I think I'm gonna glitch Jak 3 for the precursor orbs, because getting them honestly would take forever... :( Why couldn't they have just strewn eggs all over the world like they did in the old days, it made collecting them fun. Now you have to travel over to a point and complete a challenge for 0.5% of all the eggs in the game. @_o Fuck that shit! Still, that complaint aside, Jak 3 was a very good game, maybe an 8.5/10 or so. SOOOOOOOO much better than Jak II, it's unreal.

• dominalien 9 Apr 2013 07:10:28 6,836 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I blame the flight simulators of yore for making me invert the Y axis. Funny how I'm totally not interested in the genre nowadays.

Then, however came all the JRPGs in the PS2 era which tended to have X inverted as well, so I got used to that, and there was a time I played games like Uncharted and MGS4 with both X and Y inverted, except for aiming where I would go for inverted Y and normal X. Made for some pretty schizophrenic moments.

Then came Dead Space, which wouldn't let me invert X separately for aiming and not aiming and in the space of one game (I played it three times all the way through, though) I got accustomed to normal X again.

I can't get over non-invertable Y, however. Luckily, I can only think of one game in recent memory which didn't let me do that. It remains unplayed.

PSN: DonOsito

• PazJohnMitch 9 Apr 2013 07:32:12 7,816 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The only game I can think of this generation that did not let you invert the Y axis was Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts. (Yes I know we are in the PS3 area).

That game did let you invert Y for camera controls but not for aiming. One of the missions was an onrail shooter and I simply could not do it because of the controls.

I do however think I tried to play others but cannot remember which games they were.
  • Triggerhappytel 9 Apr 2013 08:47:43 2,667 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You cannot invert the vertical axis in Sly 2? Shit, I probably won't bother with it then, because I too have to have controls inverted. Sly 3 must be okay though, because I completed that on PS2 and I can't see I would have managed that without being able to invert.
  • Flying_Pig 9 Apr 2013 09:49:05 10,696 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote:
    I think I'm gonna glitch Jak 3 for the precursor orbs, because getting them honestly would take forever... :( Why couldn't they have just strewn eggs all over the world like they did in the old days, it made collecting them fun. Now you have to travel over to a point and complete a challenge for 0.5% of all the eggs in the game. @_o Fuck that shit! Still, that complaint aside, Jak 3 was a very good game, maybe an 8.5/10 or so. SOOOOOOOO much better than Jak II, it's unreal.
    I played Jak 3 on the PS2, so don't recall anything about the precursor orbs, but then I did get them all in the original J&D. I thought Jak 3 was pretty decent - from the sounds of it, I'm glad I skipped Jak II :)

That said, I do have all 3 in my backlog of shame...
  • Triggerhappytel 9 Apr 2013 11:42:43 2,667 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've got all three Jak games on my HDD. I've got El Plattio in the first game, I don't think I'll bother with the second (finished it on PS2 but didn't enjoy it very much), and I intend to play the third when I have time.

In fact, I might just delete Jak II, as I need to create space on my hard drive. I loved the first game so much, and felt so disappointed that ND completely changed the style and tone with the sequel. At least Jak 3 was a better compromise.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 9 Apr 2013 12:44:41 11,270 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think that Jak 1 and Pixeljunk Shooter 2 are model lessons in how to do a collectables game! In Jak 1 you can see at a glance which collectibles you haven't found yet, meaning that you never feel like going to a guide.

Pixeljunk is the same, except the first time you take on the level, it doesn't tell you exactly how many jewels you need, only revealing it on a stage by stage basis (for each level) after you've gone through blind once. I like that.

Nowadays, free time is at a premium, so if I know which general area to be looking in, I'm happy to root around. Places I've already cleared? Tell me that shit, so I don't be wasting my fucking time...

Of course, some games would work well without those pointers, but a collecting game really benefits from it. I APPROVE!

• Telepathic.Geometry 9 Apr 2013 12:45:15 11,270 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @various dudes: YES! Delete Jak II for your own sakes!!!

• dominalien 16 Apr 2013 19:29:04 6,836 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Prince of Persia Warrior Within

Trophies for completing the game at various difficulties do not stack, so three playthroughs were necessary. I love the game, but I was getting seriously bored at the 3rd playthrough. Luckily, two afternoons were enough for that.

PSN: DonOsito

• MatMan562 16 Apr 2013 19:36:31 2,315 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    X201 wrote:

I Platinumed the first game and had full intention to completely rinse this (one of the best if not the best platformer of its original gen) but found it borderline unplayable as when you invert the controls, it does it to both the X and Y axes. Can't play without invert (hey, you push your neck forward to look down and pull it back to look up!), but still need to push right to look right and push left to look left.

Gutted :(
    Not sure if this would help at all but I've been playing through Sly 2 recently and noticed that whenever you're "aiming" (as in everything on the right stick except camera control) it automatically inverts the y-axis. So I think if you could deal with it not being inverted for just the camera you might be alright.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Humperfunk 16 Apr 2013 20:08:33 1,938 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I was tempted to go for the double platinum on Sly 4 (Vita and PS3) but the thought of finding all the treasures does not appeal after finishing two of the five main levels.

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• Humperfunk 16 Apr 2013 20:08:47 1,938 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    That's putting it politely too.

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• Page

of 26 First / Last