Platinum Trophies Page 19

• Page

of 27 First / Last

• karlo87 24 Jan 2013 00:34:44 1,524 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The only plat i have is for the Sly games, i don't really go out of my way for them because most games have silly trophies needed for it (in my opinion, i know people enjoy the hunt) :p
    But i'm probably going to end up getting the Ni No Kuni plat!

Damn that sorcerer! Twenty gold pieces and Iím wankered on Rohypnol.

• Telepathic.Geometry 24 Jan 2013 01:00:33 11,324 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fair play to ya. I have almost 20 plats, but the Ni no kuni one looks like a lot of hard work to me...

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• Telepathic.Geometry 24 Jan 2013 01:23:33 11,324 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No, you are a bad-ass, those guys are inhuman. My ultimate goal is to plat all of the doable games, and get most of the trophies of the ones that I'm probably not able for (like Vanquish maybe, or Batman) or not prepared to go through the legwork.

I've got about 60-70 games, and 20-ish DL games, so even 100 is impossible. I have a job and a girlfriend, and other hobbies. Someone with 300 couldn't have those three things I think...

• Deleted user 24 January 2013 18:36:12
    The Darkness II

Having really enjoyed the first Darkness game as well as the comics growing up the Darkness 2 was a real highlight for me. A great soundtrack, sidekick and some impressively adult scenes the walk through the brothel in particular along with a over the top villain as well as a camp outlandish side plot in the vendetta campaign made this a blast to play through.

The shooting is nothing special but it has a nice arcade feel towards it and the cell shaded visuals reminded me of XIII on the PS2.

Not that hard of a platinum bar impressing Dolfo.
  • enfilade 24 Jan 2013 20:25:21 213 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    http://psnprofiles.com/minus_trash

This is the account I started a little over two years ago when the number of 1-10% games on my older account started to bug me. Frustratingly that account bears some of my best platinums, namely Final Fantasy XIII and Resonance of Fate. Still, my satisfaction at having 90% overall completion was worth it.

I'm a bit of an anal bugger, really. The benefit of my approach is that I get a lot of mileage out of my games. The downside is that I've played some games a fair bit longer than they deserved. *cough* Brink *cough*

I'm probably proudest of my SSX plat on this list. That game was seriously under-rated, mostly by people who played the PSX versions when they were in their early teens and so could never top it in their minds' eye.

Edit: By the by, my favourite thing about psnprofiles is the 'Trophies over time' graph. I can basically use it to refer to specific moments over the last two years. Such as 'Oh yeah, that's when I had a week of work and did nothing but play with my brand-new Playstation Vita...'

Edited by enfilade at 20:28:54 24-01-2013
  • Telepathic.Geometry 27 Jan 2013 10:43:35 11,324 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    :/

Master and Commander on ME3 won't pop for me for some reason. I have EMS 4,000 and everything. The multiplayer was painful, and this not popping for me is really pissing me off. Boo Mass Effect...

• MatMan562 27 Jan 2013 12:13:37 2,463 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Thanks for linking to that site, it's really good! Apparently my rarest achievement is for completing a level on Undead difficulty on Dead Nation which is odd as the one for finishing the whole campaign on Morbid was a hell of a lot more difficult. My most common trophy is the one you get for loading up Sly HD which apparently 100.10% of people have done.

Something I had worked out but this confirms is my 1000th Trophy was one called 'Like a Boss' which I thought was quite funny. My 1500th was one called 'Exact Change' which is almost good.

I don't suppose there is anything like this for the 360 is there?

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Syrette 27 Jan 2013 12:19:26 43,515 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    TrueAchievements? Looks similar.

• MatMan562 27 Jan 2013 13:01:35 2,463 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Thanks! Doesn't seem as good as the other but close enough!

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Syrette 27 Jan 2013 13:02:39 43,515 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Surprising that, I imagine it inspired PSN Profiles much like achievements inspired trophies ;)

• Flying_Pig 31 Jan 2013 10:00:19 11,003 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Got #10 for Burnout Paradise last night!

Realised that I was only 2 easy bronze trophies away from the Plat. Many thanks to OSS for the help on the final one :D
  • dominalien 31 Jan 2013 21:58:17 6,861 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    And here I was, thinking I'd be getting the platinum for Prince of Persia Warrior Within tonight, only to find out the trophies for completing the game at various difficulties don't stack. Which means I'm looking at two more playthroughs. I don't mind terribly, because it's an excellent, excellent game, but maybe not right this moment.

PSN: DonOsito

• Flying_Pig 1 Feb 2013 13:40:46 11,003 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    the trophies for completing the game at various difficulties don't stack. Which means I'm looking at two more playthroughs.
    That's just stupid and mean :(

At least you've already completed it on the hardest setting though (I assume) :)
  • santashi 1 Feb 2013 13:43:32 5,139 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    And here I was, thinking I'd be getting the platinum for Prince of Persia Warrior Within tonight, only to find out the trophies for completing the game at various difficulties don't stack. Which means I'm looking at two more playthroughs. I don't mind terribly, because it's an excellent, excellent game, but maybe not right this moment.
    I do think that difficulty trophies should stack. As much as I love Shinobido 2, I'm not sure that I'll ever get the platinum since it requires you to do four different playthroughs.

Edited by santashi at 13:43:45 01-02-2013

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• dominalien 1 Feb 2013 13:46:27 6,861 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    dominalien wrote:
    the trophies for completing the game at various difficulties don't stack. Which means I'm looking at two more playthroughs.
    That's just stupid and mean :(

At least you've already completed it on the hardest setting though (I assume) :)
    Well, I'm only missing 2 trophies, one for completing the game on easy and one for normal, so I guess both your and my assumptions are correct. :-) I think I will do it, eventually.

• dominalien 1 Feb 2013 13:47:24 6,861 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @santashi

They absolutely should, no question about it.

• Triggerhappytel 17 Feb 2013 05:18:17 2,695 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I got the platinum for Jak & Daxter tonight. Such a great game, I really enjoyed playing it again and it was a fairly easy platinum. That's my fourth after Uncharted 2, Assassin's Creed 2 and Demon's Souls. I don't tend to bother other platinums any more really, but I really enjoyed Jak and wanted to hold for it. I'd like Sony to bring the series back properly one day, preferably in the style of the first game rather than the sequels.

Next up, I think I will juggle Sleeping Dogs and Sly Cooper. I also need to get back to The Walking Dead; I believe the plat on that is merely for completing it.

Edited by Triggerhappytel at 05:19:20 17-02-2013
  • Zackv4861 24 Feb 2013 14:46:31 1,085 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just platinumed Ni No Kuni!! Good game!! Not without it's issues mind
  • Humperfunk 24 Feb 2013 14:47:41 2,249 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    *applause* top work mate, I'm hopeful I'll get it one day!

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• enfilade 25 Feb 2013 15:01:15 213 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    Yeah, Sands of Time only required one play through but the other two in the PoP trilogy do not have stackable difficulty trophies. Very frustrating!

Personally, I thought Warrior Within was pretty terrible. Worth one playthrough, perhaps, but the quality of the sound in the HD remake was dreadful. Music dropped in and out, (and the music was shocking), the voice acting was shaky and poorly synced, battle SFX were equally bad.

I wouldn't wish 3 playthroughs of that HD remake onto anybody, myself :/
  • Flying_Pig 25 Feb 2013 16:27:46 11,003 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I remember playing Warrior Within back on the PS2 - loved Sands of Time. Certainly not a patch on the earlier game and have up during some section fighting up in the rafters of a massive room or something. I've certainly no desire to replay it.
  • Flying_Pig 25 Feb 2013 16:56:09 11,003 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Back on the subject of Trophies, I had planned to get the plat for F1 2011, but there's one which requires you to win the World Championship 8 times /o\

I just don't have the patience to play on either a reasonable difficuly setting or a mind-numbingly easy one :(

The rest of the trophies are pretty decent ones, too
  • Feanor 25 Feb 2013 17:06:24 14,166 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Persona 4 Golden has a couple of annoying trophies, but I managed to get the Platinum in 1.9 playthrus. You don't have to finish the game the second time thru or do the bonus dungeon, which is nice.
  • FanBoysSuck 25 Feb 2013 17:46:15 1,482 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I got the dark souls platinum the other week. 154 hours well spent!

For the emperor!

• chrisno21 25 Feb 2013 17:47:36 1,510 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I was hoping to get the Far Cry 3 one, got all the single player ones, was good fun collecting them. The Co-op is so bad that I didn't feel a digital trophy was worth the hours of drudging through atrociously designed levels with appallingly animated characters and enemies, all tied together with laughably bad scripting. So I sold it. I expect even colonial marines has better multi-player.

Edited by chrisno21 at 17:48:39 25-02-2013

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• Zackv4861 25 Feb 2013 18:08:57 1,085 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Feanor wrote:
    Persona 4 Golden has a couple of annoying trophies, but I managed to get the Platinum in 1.9 playthrus. You don't have to finish the game the second time thru or do the bonus dungeon, which is nice.
    Respect!! I plan on doing this. A no guide 1st playthrough then again with a guide. Recommend any?
  • Telepathic.Geometry 26 Feb 2013 05:18:51 11,324 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @FanBoysSuck /ominous voice/ Welcome to the dark side! /proper bow

• FanBoysSuck 26 Feb 2013 08:54:18 1,482 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote:
    @FanBoysSuck /ominous voice/ Welcome to the dark side! /proper bow
    :D

/praise the sun!