Misfits Page 2

• Page

of 9 First / Last

• HitchHiker 18 Dec 2009 09:25:42 2,788 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    That last scene made me feel very uncomfortable. Bit claustrophobic myself . . .
  • The-Bodybuilder 18 Dec 2009 10:05:57 14,439 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    PearOfAnguish wrote:
    Guessed it was immortality the moment he fell off the roof, but the evil twist at the end was good. Roll on second series.

It was obvious from the episode a few seasons back, the time travelling episode, and he was the only survivor.

As for how he gets out of the coffin? A friend probably came up with the most likely answer.
    Kelly (or whatever the chavs name is) is gonna go to his grave, then she hears his thoughts from the ground, and convinces the others dig it up (at night of course).
  • macksed 18 Dec 2009 10:11:28 3,798 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    yeah i thought that.

...and why is PoA saying bring on the second series?! was that the end of this one??? :'(
  • Whizzo 18 Dec 2009 10:15:22 43,352 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I bet Nathan now wishes he listened to music on his phone!

Great series, a complete surprise at how good it turned out and truly deserving an outing on C4 and another series.

I'm rather looking forward to rewatching it when my DVD shows up.

edit: series 2 has been confirmed, hurrah!

This space left intentionally blank.

• The-Bodybuilder 18 Dec 2009 10:34:02 14,439 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I still don't get his powers though?

Curtis= Constantly regrets his mistake, gets power power to turn back time (and thus, tries to change things).

Kelly= Insecure as to how people look at her and view her, Power to read minds.

Hot Alisha = Slag, power to enforce slagness.

Simon = Shy and awkward, feels people don't notice him. Power to become invisible.

Nathan = Annoying, sarcastic and funny, doesn't take anything seriously. Immortality?
  • The-Bodybuilder 18 Dec 2009 10:35:46 14,439 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    macksed wrote:
    yeah i thought that.

...and why is PoA saying bring on the second series?! was that the end of this one??? :'(

yep.
    That's the problem with new british shows, always so short.
  • Whizzo 18 Dec 2009 10:38:08 43,352 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Nathan is completely impervious to any criticism of himself, his actions or what he says, he just does not give a shit, so he became immortal so he now cannot be hurt physically either, at least not permanently.

At least that's how I read it.

One mystery for the second series that needs resolving, who the fuck was it on the bike?

• The-Bodybuilder 18 Dec 2009 10:53:43 14,439 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    Nathan is completely impervious to any criticism of himself, his actions or what he says, he just does not give a shit, so he became immortal so he now cannot be hurt physically either, at least not permanently.

At least that's how I read it.

One mystery for the second series that needs resolving, who the fuck was it on the bike?

Hmmmmm, good point.
    And who was on the bike? Probably that dude that got killed in the first episode. :p
  • localnotail 18 Dec 2009 10:54:06 23,093 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    that's the most audacious ending to a series I've seen in a long time. Especially if they didn't know they would get a second series.

I originally thought Nathan's power was a variant on luck - simply the ability to get out of any situation intact. He has a tendency towards chaos, it would seem a sensible powerup for him.

Is he actually immortal (cheerleader immortal) or just really lucky? Although not so lucky he doesn't get buried alive. I agree that Kellie will be the key to resolving that little problem.

I'm very impressed with this, the script, the concept, the filming style. Nice work.

edits: oh, and given my theory on Nathan's luck, it could actually just have been a random Samaritan on the bike. The other bloke from the start is long gone under the environmental monitoring station .

look at me trying to spoiler everything. I dunno if it's worth it or not :/

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• PearOfAnguish 18 Dec 2009 10:58:50 7,498 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Don't think he's a Longshot, if he was lucky he wouldn't have ended up impaled or in a coffin.
  • HitchHiker 18 Dec 2009 11:28:05 2,788 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I think he rescues himself. i.e. The bloke on the bike is him, that's why he was covered head to foot, and he'll dig himself up. Something happens in the first or second episode of the second series that means he'll jump back and sort it all out.
  • HitchHiker 18 Dec 2009 12:04:36 2,788 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The first guy wasn't chopped up. He was attacked with an axe but when they find him in the locker, he's still in one piece, just dead.
  • Deleted user 18 December 2009 13:18:12
    Well fuck me sideways, that was really rather good!

Leaves it wide open for a sequel in which he comes back, though - the chav could go to his grave and hear his thoughts, presumably.

EDIT: Oh, everyone else thinks that too. It must be what happens, then. :)
  • Deleted user 18 December 2009 13:22:18
    localnotail wrote:

Is he actually immortal (cheerleader immortal) or just really lucky? Although not so lucky he doesn't get buried alive. I agree that Kellie will be the key to resolving that little problem.
    I don't think any amount of luck will bring you back from being fully impaled on two 3-inch-wide sharpy pointy metal fence blades, right through your vital organs.

As soon as he died I knew what his power was (as I suspect everyone else did too) mainly because in the ep where that other guy went back in time, Nathan was the only one who wasn't killed by the zombie probation officer - or rather, he probably was but in his own words, he woke up and doesn't know what happened.

And now we know why!

Awesome show, one of the best drama/comedy shows (dromedys?) British TV has produced all year.
  • Deleted user 18 December 2009 13:25:36
    localnotail wrote:
    That's what I thought.

Episode 5 was very good. I like that there hasn't really been a weak one yet, they have all been quite different. Like the little relationships developing, still love Simon best, which disturbs me. I caught a little bit of the spoiler trailer for next week and then switched off quick. Find myself wishing it was a 9 parter rather than a 6. Not sure you could take it to 2 full series and keep it pure good. Although I guess Life On Mars and Spaced both managed it. So maybe.

Anyone in London fancy going to the wrap party? 40 pairs of tickets available. All you have to do is tell them what size orange jumpsuit you need :D And then wear it to the party. Comp closes tomorrow midnight.
    I hate to flaunt my credentials, but it's a bit late for a wrap party - it wrapped months ago. This is the "excuse for a competition" party ;)

EDIT: Actually, according to the link it's an "end of series party" which makes more sense :)
  • localnotail 18 Dec 2009 16:28:36 23,093 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I meant series wrap, but yeah, it was their end of series party. Whatever, I've been out of that business for a while now, thankfully.

The first guy didn't get the full blast of the storm though. He was in the loos washing paint off his cap. Although I suppose we don't know if all the other people who have changed got a full blast as well. Hmmm. That dude was killed and buried under concrete though. So I'm not sure how he can play a further part.

PearOfAnguish wrote:
    Don't think he's a Longshot, if he was lucky he wouldn't have ended up impaled or in a coffin.

cool link. True, I suppose, but he does push his luck, the little prick.

MrED209 wrote:
    localnotail wrote:

I don't think any amount of luck will bring you back from being fully impaled on two 3-inch-wide sharpy pointy metal fence blades, right through your vital organs.

I dunno, plenty of people get impaled on stuff and survive, it just depends what went where. I'm just idly speculating here anyway, like usual.

As soon as he died I knew what his power was (as I suspect everyone else did too) mainly because in the ep where that other guy went back in time, Nathan was the only one who wasn't killed by the zombie probation officer - or rather, he probably was but in his own words, he woke up and doesn't know what happened.

see, I thought that, but that he was just lucky. That he had the power of spawn.

• opalw00t 18 Dec 2009 16:37:23 11,297 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I really enjoyed the series. Nathan gets so many funny lines:
    Save me Barry!
    That's possibly the gayest thing I've ever heard.
    You'd fuck your sister for a piece of cheese! - I don't like cheese - That's even worse!

Such a total wanker :)

Simon looks like he's probably heading deep for villain territory...

not a force for good

• Whizzo 18 Dec 2009 16:42:30 43,352 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Nah I think Simon is just so damn lonely even the corpse of someone is company.

It's quite strange really, no-one in the entire series was really evil, just shit happened to them.

Tony was fucked up by the storm so went bonkers with rage when he lost what self control he had, Sally was just trying to find out what happened to him and just used dodgy methods to do it and the girl last night wasn't really evil she was just too good and wanted to spread it around.

No one was acting out of typical moustache twirling malice, which was quite refreshing really.

• PearOfAnguish 18 Dec 2009 16:49:50 7,498 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Agreed, I really hope they don't do the typically evil nemesis thing.
  • Madder-Max 19 Dec 2009 09:54:37 11,688 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You know they will. he killed the probby to protect the rest and made the dvd but he gets nothing back so he will judge them as selfish and turn all nasty and that. most evil nemesi' are created by circumstance and not ambition.

99 problems and being ginger is one

• localnotail 19 Dec 2009 13:36:26 23,093 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    nemeses? nemesi?

I might watch this again, they are all still up on E4 for a whole 27 days.

• HitchHiker 19 Dec 2009 14:01:01 2,788 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    That's where I caught them. Missed them all on regular TV.
  • Whizzo 21 Dec 2009 14:00:40 43,352 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ooooh more mystery about Superhoodie...

• macksed 21 Dec 2009 14:09:00 3,798 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    what the...?
  • Deleted user 21 December 2009 14:13:00
    Oooohhhh.

So definitely a second series then. Looks like this guy is another powered-up yoof that they're keeping back for the next series. I hope they don't expand beyond the realms of common sense like Heroes did with their second series.
  • localnotail 21 Dec 2009 17:18:52 23,093 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    Ooooh more mystery about Superhoodie...

oooh. There is quite a lot on Simon's youtube channel including other Superhoodie footage. Nice. 7 uploads, plus you can see what he has favourited :D

• Whizzo 21 Dec 2009 17:26:33 43,352 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Nice hat. :-D

Also Simon's Flickr is here.

• localnotail 21 Dec 2009 17:53:29 23,093 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Priceless. They've done a really good job with webpresence of this, I had no idea. Really impressed.

Oi! David Attenwanker! LMAO

those Flickr sets are lovely. Especially The non-portrait stuff and the comments

Found this poster, I think it's a QR code. I wish I knew how to decode it. I'll look on the internet, the internet will know.

I like this graffiti. People have kept their writing between the lines. It has an even spread of insults and compliments.

Aw Simon, I'd be your mate.

• macksed 21 Dec 2009 18:10:31 3,798 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    if you look at the recent activity on his youtube channel you can see he's commented on some of his videos. superhoodie would win against batman, he says. lol.
  • Page

of 9 First / Last