Belkin Wireless G Gaming Adapter F5D7330

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • SuperCoolEskimo 10 Oct 2009 17:01:57 9,884 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have recently purchased the above adapter for my 360, however I've had a few problems setting it up and I hope you guys can help.

I have tried plugging it into my 360 and connecting without any luck, so tried setting it up to connect to my secure wireless network through the laptop. During the setup screens, on the screen where it is supposed to list the adapter to configure it, nothing comes up. Is this because I am running Vista?

All the lights are lit as they need to be on the adapter, yet it still does not show on the adapters list.
  • iN5OMANiAC 10 Oct 2009 17:08:16 67 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    the driver disc doesnt work with vista, you have to access it as if it was a router

http://cache-www.belkin.com/support/dl/f5d7330v2manual.pdf

follow the intrusctions on there its v easy once youve connected it to the pc,
  • iN5OMANiAC 10 Oct 2009 17:10:29 67 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The important bit is page 19 onwards, also its not an adaptor its a wireless bridge and will just show on any device as simply and ethernet connection
  • iN5OMANiAC 10 Oct 2009 21:23:36 67 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    just plug it in the computer, forget the router

press start button thing at the left hand corner of vista where it says network right click it and then press properties.

on the left hand side go to manage network connections

on local are connection right click and press properties,

on TCIP/IP4 press properties and enter the setting on page 19 of the manual.

Now when you type the addresss in internet explorer (192.168.2.225) itll connect you to the adpater so you can put your settings of your router in.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 10 Oct 2009 23:19:02 9,884 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thanks, tried all the combinations but still no luck, the page just times out when I put the IP address in IE/Firefox.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 11 Oct 2009 00:42:03 9,884 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Never mind, got it working now, thanks for the help mate!
  • THFourteen 11 Oct 2009 00:45:27 33,594 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    i struggled with this too. eventually got it set up somehow
  • SuperCoolEskimo 11 Oct 2009 01:04:45 9,884 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, was bloody frustrating though. It's scandalous that they haven't updated the CD to be Vista fucking compatible.
  • iN5OMANiAC 11 Oct 2009 08:21:36 67 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Aye, but when it is finally working its much better than the microsoft adapter and it works with the ps3 and pc too ! rock n roll !
  • iN5OMANiAC 11 Oct 2009 11:01:51 67 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I must have got lucky i had it set up in about ten minutes, I bought one of the psp wifi usb thingys once and that took me hours to set up so I feel your pain
  • Lexx87 11 Oct 2009 11:11:26 20,863 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I need this opportunity to say that anything Belkin is total and utter tosh.

Speak the truth hussy!

• iN5OMANiAC 11 Oct 2009 11:13:13 67 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    For less than half the price of the 360 wireless adaptor and usable on anything with an ethernet adapter these things definitely arent 'tosh'
  • oupe 11 Oct 2009 15:16:24 84 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Belkin and their driver hell. That brings back some fine memories, I spent more than an hour trying to find a driver for a gbit nic. An hour, for a nic...

/Belkin be damned
  • Lexx87 11 Oct 2009 22:24:06 20,863 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Everything I have ever owned from Belkin has stopped working. Everything.

Speak the truth hussy!

• seasidebaz 12 Oct 2009 07:11:50 6,126 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I got one of these a while back. They're absolute shit.

Time to connect to Live using the network bridge: about 10 seconds.
    Time to connect to Live using official wireless adapter: about 3 seconds.

The Belkin also takes around 3 times longer to download a demo.
  • iN5OMANiAC 12 Oct 2009 09:28:06 67 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    When you set them up correctly they are perfectly good, they act as an ethernet connection and if anything are faster than the official adapter, also it is much faster on the ps3 than the inbuilt wifi, still, each to their own
  • seasidebaz 12 Oct 2009 10:04:02 6,126 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thing with it though, they only do WEP. Meaning you need to leave your router pretty much unsecured. Mine was set up correctly, and was slower. It's just not a good device to be honest. Then again, you get what you pay for.
  • iN5OMANiAC 12 Oct 2009 10:11:02 67 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    No, you're wrong, it is a good device but you clearly didnt have it set up correctly because you are reporting it took ten seconds to connect to xbox live which it shouldnt do if it correctly set up.
  • iN5OMANiAC 12 Oct 2009 10:11:04 67 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Post deleted
  • seasidebaz 12 Oct 2009 10:16:07 6,126 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Good devices allow you to use WPA2 encryption though. Otherwise you might as well turn your network security off. It's just not a quick device. Definitely not faster than either the PS3's inbuilt wifi or the 360's official adapter.

Makes a good replacement for generic wireless adapters on the PC though if all you want to do is browse the net, and frees up a USB port.
  • iN5OMANiAC 12 Oct 2009 11:04:58 67 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    seasidebaz wrote:
    Good devices allow you to use WPA2 encryption though. Otherwise you might as well turn your network security off. It's just not a quick device. Definitely not faster than either the PS3's inbuilt wifi or the 360's official adapter.

Makes a good replacement for generic wireless adapters on the PC though if all you want to do is browse the net, and frees up a USB port.

You are talking rubbish as I said, I tested the speed on the ps3 and its 6.6 meg, my broadband is 6.7 meg as I say, if you dont know how to port forward or whatever then dont slag a device off you do not know how to use. Yes the encryption is crap but it has a far better range and better speed than both the 360 adapter and the inbuilt ps3 wifi, that is my final word on the matter.
  • Lexx87 12 Oct 2009 11:09:22 20,863 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    seasidebaz is not talking rubbish. He does know what we is talking about let me assure you :p

Speak the truth hussy!

• buggrit 12 Oct 2009 11:39:31 5,179 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Belkin = shite, as other people have said. Fuck wireless for gaming anyway - get Homeplugged up, use a switch if you have more than one machine to hook into the network, don't forget you only need one DHCP server on the network (like I did - cue 20 minutes of head-scratching XD) and job done.
  • Lexx87 12 Oct 2009 11:45:21 20,863 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Can a mod rename the thread "Belkin are shit" plz.

Speak the truth hussy!

• seasidebaz 12 Oct 2009 11:48:42 6,126 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    buggrit wrote:
    don't forget you only need one DHCP server on the network (like I did - cue 20 minutes of head-scratching XD) and job done.

Once had an amusing incident at work involving DHCP. We added a router to the network so we could bung a few more computers online for HDD blanking. The network used static IPs. The router had DHCP enabled. Cue much hilarity as we knocked out a network of 100 PCs when the existing router acquired an IP from the DHCP server and wouldn't acknowledge any other connections.
  • buggrit 12 Oct 2009 16:06:43 5,179 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    seasidebaz wrote:
    buggrit wrote:
    don't forget you only need one DHCP server on the network (like I did - cue 20 minutes of head-scratching XD) and job done.

Once had an amusing incident at work involving DHCP. We added a router to the network so we could bung a few more computers online for HDD blanking. The network used static IPs. The router had DHCP enabled. Cue much hilarity as we knocked out a network of 100 PCs when the existing router acquired an IP from the DHCP server and wouldn't acknowledge any other connections.
    XD
    Who got their arse kicked for that then?

Only reason I use DHCP at all is that the 360 doesn't seem to like having a fixed IP - fucks up my NAT somehow. Otherwise, everything here would know exactly what IP it was to use.
  • seasidebaz 12 Oct 2009 16:24:35 6,126 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nobody, we pulled the plug on the router and the network went back online, then didn't tell anyone :D

Main reason I use DHCP is cos I never know what I'm going to be connecting. I tend to fix mates' laptops a lot so I need to get online with whatever they bring round. Didn't know about the Xbox problem though.
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous