Epic Mickey Page 3

• Page

of 9 First / Last

• varsas 6 Oct 2009 13:03:36 2,401 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Azza12342 wrote:
    I really don't understand why 'Wii Fans' are up in arms for our criticisms on the console choice.

I have a Wii, I'm pretty sure this game will look "good" and be a fantastic game (and i WILL buy it) but I'm still very frustrated that its on the Wii.

The concept art looks 'epic', 'amazing', 'fantastic' and while yes, a lot will be down to the art style, lets be honest, it won't 'look' amazing.
    I think most of us are pointing out that it's not the wrong the console choice since the control method looks to be important; all the criticisms seem to completely ignore this fact and that clearly Disney and Wii are the best combination in terms of demographic.
  • sargulesh 6 Oct 2009 13:18:08 3,281 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just give me a 2D platforming sequel to Castle/World of Illusion set in a decaying post-America Disney and I will drool all day long... also, you do realise Pixar (fucking Pixar!) are working on this. And Warren Spector. And Disney. It is a dream team.
  • Blerk Moderator 6 Oct 2009 13:27:52 48,225 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    sargulesh wrote:
    There are dark, evil, 'hardcore' games on the Wii. It's not unprecedented.
    Well, yes - there are. But generally they don't sell. The point I was trying to make is that from what they've released so far it seems like a bizarre mix for the platform because they appear to be targetting an audience like us... who (judging from internets reaction) don't much care for the Wii.

Of course, it might turn out to be nothing like we're expecting, in which case the entire argument is void. All we can do is wait and see.

Interesting to see you speculating it'll be a 2D game - that had never crossed my mind, I'd just automatically imagined it in a Kingdom Hearts style. A Muramasa-style experience could be interesting.
  • FightingMongoose 6 Oct 2009 13:49:23 496 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Blerk wrote:

Interesting to see you speculating it'll be a 2D game - that had never crossed my mind, I'd just automatically imagined it in a Kingdom Hearts style. A Muramasa-style experience could be interesting.

That would be interesting.
  • Deleted user 6 October 2009 14:56:59
    Tonka wrote:
    I would like to know why it's a Wii exclusive. Surely it's not to piss on HD owners parade. There must be something else behind the decision. Or is Warren a massive Nintendroid?

"The choice of platform, incidentally, boils down to Mickey's tools - paintbrushes, erasers, thinner, pencils and other artist tools - being mapped to Wii remote gestures."

basically too much pain on the legacy controllers. Maybe sony's wang will get a version if it ever ceases being vapourware, and just lol@natal.
  • Benraiben2k 6 Oct 2009 14:58:35 246 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The use of motion doesn't mean a bad thing. I really liked Okami's use of it on the Wii. As long as they don't go overboard with it, and the game also promises exploration too, nice!

Also, as I imagined, you will be "lightening up" the land from evil, so I can imagine kids as well as older gamers being able to enjoy it, kind of like Mickey's Magical Quest to those older gamers who enjoy platformers.
  • SirScratchalot 6 Oct 2009 16:25:49 7,872 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Azza12342 wrote:
    Blerk wrote:
    Tonka wrote:
    I would like to know why it's a Wii exclusive. Surely it's not to piss on HD owners parade. There must be something else behind the decision. Or is Warren a massive Nintendroid?
    I'm guessing it's partly controls, partly install-base - with the Wii perceived generally as the 'family' console and having the largest number of units out there it must've seemed like a no-brainer for them to target the machine specifically when they began this project.

Which was obviously a while back, before everyone realised that third-party games sell like hot dog turds on the Wii. :-)

But Blerk, thats what I don't get.

While we don't know, this doesn't come across as a 'family' style game. More a dark, evil, hardcore one.
    I kinda think this might wind up being like a pixar movie, something to play through with the kids where they won't catch half the jokes but you chuckling knowingly to yourself.
    But maybe I'm WAY off the mark..

I'm also guessing the amount of money to commit to letting Warren make an experimental games, he's consistently made excellent games but not exactly massive sellers.
    I'm guessing giving him a Wii budget leaves a lot more room in the balance sheet than otherwise, also I think EA cracked the wii market by specifically targetting adults recently with Tiger, whatever the tennis game was, and EA sports active.

There's obviously a huge grown up demographic, but I wonder if this adult take on Disney is something they'll go for.
  • ecureuil 6 Oct 2009 16:33:19 76,730 posts
    Seen 4 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FightingMongoose wrote:
    Blerk wrote:

It's the only way it could work imo.
  • SirScratchalot 6 Oct 2009 16:37:39 7,872 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd quite like a wind-waker style action-RPG as well.
  • sargulesh 6 Oct 2009 16:58:22 3,281 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    FightingMongoose wrote:
    Blerk wrote:

It's the only way it could work imo.

Why? The Wii can do 3D perfectly well. We're not talking about the DS here (and even the DS can do decent looking 3D, e.g. Phantom Hourglass, Riz-ZOAWD).
  • ecureuil 6 Oct 2009 17:04:39 76,730 posts
    Seen 4 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I want proper Disney levels of artistry. If it looked like that Boy and His Blob screen up there, only drawn by Disney, that'd be immense.
  • sargulesh 6 Oct 2009 17:07:02 3,281 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I hear that. I expect the quality control to be high with this one: Warren Spector and Pixar's standards can't be low. Maybe I have too much faith, though. :)
  • Cappy 7 Oct 2009 20:02:22 11,901 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It looks like this might not be an exclusive after all.
  • ecureuil 7 Oct 2009 20:09:11 76,730 posts
    Seen 4 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Looks like my original thread is back in business. :p
  • Deleted user 7 October 2009 23:37:17
    Cappy wrote:
    It looks like this might not be an exclusive after all.
    Still is.
  • Cappy 7 Oct 2009 23:47:00 11,901 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Game Informer later removed all references. to exclusivity. Bang! And the exclusivity is gone.

*edit*

You can still see from the reaction in the comments that the page at one point did suggest the game was exclusive but has since been sneakily changed.
  • Deleted user 7 October 2009 23:50:22
    Also still mentioned here.
  • ecureuil 7 Oct 2009 23:51:30 76,730 posts
    Seen 4 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Or maybe it was an honest mistake/misunderstanding. One of the best things about the internet is that if an error has been made, it's easy to correct. People are so much more cynical on the internet.

Anyway, just because they changed the article, doesn't mean it's multiformat. And just because the GI article says Wii, doesn't mean it's NOT multiformat.
  • Deleted user 8 October 2009 00:02:33
    The article for the magazine has obviously long been written and is already in print so they probably just removed the reference to sell a few more copies.
  • sargulesh 8 Oct 2009 00:17:01 3,281 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Post deleted
  • heyyo 8 Oct 2009 00:34:38 14,373 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Playing this game while listening to this song, will FUCK YOUR MIND TO DEATH!

• varsas 8 Oct 2009 08:34:45 2,401 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If the game is a success and if the motion control takes off on the other machines then I doubt that this would remain exclusive.
  • Tonka 8 Oct 2009 09:29:34 20,222 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It will be interesting to see how EA port motion from one system to the other.

Wii Fit needs the balance board. I doubt any fitness game is pointless without a bathroom scale hooked up to the console.
    Tiger Woods should work fine with Sonys wand but what about Natal?

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• sargulesh 9 Oct 2009 00:02:07 3,281 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This game has been confirmed as a Wii exclusive now by Game Informer (um, again).
  • Deleted user 9 October 2009 00:27:56
    the quotes I pasted earlier should have been clue enough for anyone but the most blinkered HD idiot tbh.

smh
  • Psychotext 9 Oct 2009 00:45:00 53,968 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    /stabs self in eyes
    /gets hyped for game
  • sargulesh 9 Oct 2009 00:52:40 3,281 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Rich... coming from a Forza 3 fan :p
  • Deleted user 9 October 2009 00:53:22
    Damn! I'll still get it for the Wii but it still makes me sad :(.
  • Psychotext 9 Oct 2009 00:55:15 53,968 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    sargulesh wrote:
    Rich... coming from a Forza 3 fan :p
    If I had a problem with Forza 3's graphics, I wouldn't have been able to play any other console racer... ever. :p
  • Deleted user 15 October 2009 21:22:53
    The Art Of Epic Mickey
  • Page

of 9 First / Last