Dead Space 2 Page 2

• Page

of 50 First / Last

• Deleted user 15 November 2009 01:21:01
    Why the fuck do they feel the need to stick multiplayer in every fucking game now? Just work on making the singleplayer the most polished and awesome experience EVER!

Fucks sake.

/rant over
  • RedSparrows 15 Nov 2009 01:21:08 20,747 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Retroid wrote:
    Seal of Approval.

The internet is yours.
  • Deleted user 15 November 2009 01:29:50
    Oh-Bollox wrote:
    Less enemies, but make them more formidable. No 'safe' places. More of the zero gravity/vacuum stuff, the atmosphere in them was the high point of Dead Space, the barely-audible sounds, the sudden washed-out look, being able to travel on the walls/ceiling. They were ace.

I thought Dead Space is quite good for having few safe zones. Yes there are sections where you know nothing is going to jump out, but making you vulnerable while at things like the workbenches was a nice touch. The first time I realised I wasn't safe while working on things was quite a shock.

Also I hope they keep things like backtracking. For me games like Dead Space and Resident Evil work best when you're in a defined space, be it a mansion or spaceship. The whole place is part of the puzzle. RE4 and 5 suffered I thought because you just press on and on, it lacks tension because there's no confusion. Backtracking is good because new enemies are introduced where you previously thought you'd cleared them, lulling you into a false sense of security. For example in RE1 when you return to the mansion, brilliant gameplay conceit.

Multiplayer in Dead Space is wrong.
  • Deleted user 15 November 2009 10:39:04
    Multiplayer? WTF? Er, what's wrong with publishers these days? Square peg, round hole if ever there was.
  • frugtkompot 15 Nov 2009 10:42:31 2,817 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Maybe they felt inspired by RE5's fantastic use of co-op!
  • absolutezero 15 Nov 2009 11:42:02 7,956 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'll post here what I posted on VG24/7 :

Yes, please let them copy Uncharted 2. Only without the pointless multiplayer.

The only way Dead Space multi would be interesting is if its like Left 4 Dead Versus.

Which actually might be fucking awesome now that I think about it. Like Dead Space Extraction but with everyone playing at once, helping each other out, welding doors as others hold off the simple Necro horde. Other players control Special Necromorphs.

So there could be the Mother things, the Baby things, the leaper things. Once per round or something a Necro player gets to control either the Regenerator or the Tank thing.

Note : This will not happen. :(
  • phAge 15 Nov 2009 12:59:00 24,280 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Dead Space was awesome because you were alone on a giant spaceship, being hunted by nasty aliens. Alone. With the critters. With no-one to aid you. Just you versus the alien menace. On your own. Alone.

Etc.
  • absolutezero 15 Nov 2009 13:01:56 7,956 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You were never alone though. Not like System Shock alone, there were always other people on board at the sametime, it was always you fighting the beasties but just like in RE theres always other people running about talking to you and doing things.
  • phAge 15 Nov 2009 13:02:49 24,280 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    absolutezero wrote:
    You were never alone though. Not like System Shock alone, there were always other people on board at the sametime, it was always you fighting the beasties but just like in RE theres always other people running about talking to you and doing things.
    True. To be fair, if there hadn't been I probably wouldn't have had the balls to complete the thing!
  • Deleted user 15 November 2009 17:29:52
    This game does not need multiplayer. I don't understand why developers feel the need to put multiplayer into every game these days? Please just forget it & spend the extra time & money polishing the single player game :)
  • Lexx87 15 Nov 2009 17:33:53 20,869 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Another multiplayer wtf comment. I mean honestly.

Speak the truth hussy!

• Deleted user 15 November 2009 17:36:52
    Dead Space 2 MP.....this is a sad day :(
  • Telepathic.Geometry 15 Nov 2009 17:38:42 11,114 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I agree. Actually, you could probably do a pretty interesting co-op multiplayer mode where you had different weapons/skill-sets (commando and engineer or something) but it's pretty likely that the multi-player would not be well thought out and integrated into the game properly. :( Single-player is what's important here.

/joins the wtf crew

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• matrim83 15 Nov 2009 17:44:13 5,585 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Normally I would be bitching about the MP with the rest of you but I am a bit intrigued.

Zero G and Vacuum combat alone should set it apart from the usual crowd. There are possibilities for it to be good. Of course it might end up a samey third person shooter DM but I am willing to give it a chance till I hear more.

Valar morghulis.

• Ged42 15 Nov 2009 17:55:01 7,641 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Co-op might be cool if you were seperated from each other and had to work through the level activating machinery and hacking computers that effect whats going on for the other player as well as you. With you finaly meeting up before a boss which requires the two of you to bring down.

Could lead to some tense moments as say your friend desperately tries to hack the computer to shut down the trash compactor before it crushes you.
  • valli 15 Nov 2009 17:55:53 14,114 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I like you matrim83! :)

Seriously, give it a chance or wait for some details before starting the crusades. Also, Uncharted 2's MP is ace.
  • Deleted user 15 November 2009 18:05:50
    Its too much of a departure from what made the original so great. Tension is completely lost when a co-op partner is there to back you up, especially if their a hotshot :( What are EA doing?
  • valli 15 Nov 2009 19:07:51 14,114 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've recently completed Demon's Souls and the rush of having your game invaded by a human bad guy while you fight the monsters looking for signs on the ground placed by friendly ghosts you can summon is something that needs to be experienced live.

Or when the game lets you fight a _player controlled boss_, automatically summoning another human in your game.

The point is, they could make something interesting out of it, and not a COD like team deathmatch with kill streaks called Tentacle of Death and Unleash Teh Regenerator. :)
  • Lexx87 15 Nov 2009 19:10:12 20,869 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    valli wrote:

The point is, they could make something interesting out of it, and not a COD like team deathmatch with kill streaks called Tentacle of Death and Unleash Teh Regenerator . :)

Do not speak his name!

/quivers behind sofa

Speak the truth hussy!

• matrim83 15 Nov 2009 19:45:11 5,585 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ^^He wasnt that bad. The regenerators of RE4 were MUCH more terrifying.

/Shivers

Valar morghulis.

• Lexx87 15 Nov 2009 19:46:00 20,869 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    matrim83 wrote:
    ^^He wasnt that bad. The regenerators of RE4 were MUCH more terrifying.

/Shivers

True enough! It was the breathing noise they made though.

Then you shot their legs off...thought you were safe...

/POUNCE

Speak the truth hussy!

• matrim83 15 Nov 2009 19:54:20 5,585 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It was the walk that freaked me out. That shuffling zombie like gait.

Valar morghulis.

• sargulesh 15 Nov 2009 19:58:27 3,281 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hope it has perks and classes and battle rifles and deployables and a cover system.
  • bad09 15 Nov 2009 20:32:46 5,503 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Multiplayer

/sigh

Nooooooo! FFS.....
  • GiarcYekrub 15 Nov 2009 21:03:34 3,581 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So its not been canned in the 12 title axe thats good... well if they don't have multiplayer acheivements or hinder the solo game with a pointless co-op ally
  • Tricky 15 Nov 2009 21:34:02 4,302 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Summed up nicely there - I'm just glad it hasn't been canned :-)
  • powercraft 16 Nov 2009 02:19:21 1 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I dunno, multiplayer gaming is great for interacting with other players... cooperation is good
  • RESIDENT_nEVILe 16 Nov 2009 02:59:46 109 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Much as I hate SP games get sub-par MP tacked on - Co-op of some sort I could imagine, but any form of deathmatch would most likely be crap - lasers flapping about the place. As long as they don't add a Sheva in SP - it could add longevity and entice some more sales.

EA are no doubt looking to maximise the profitability of the projects they have decided to keep around, so I don't mind if they add some fluff - as long as they deliver a great SP campaign.

/awaits Isaac and Necromorph plushie range
  • ecureuil 16 Nov 2009 03:12:01 76,008 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Games are expensive, people feel they're not getting value for money on a single player game. Most of them have little replayability, and it stings when you spend £30+ on a game and finish it in a weekend. I'm a fan of single player games personally, but I can see where developers are coming from. Multiplayer is another thing you can list on the back of a box.
  • Deleted user 23 November 2009 23:28:20
    http://goonlinegames.net/2009/11/23/unannounced-horror-sequel-teased-in-opm-is-dead-space-2/

"In the latest issue of Official Playstation Magazine, a new, unannounced horror sequel is teased in the ‘Next Month’ section. What could it be? Are those tentacles coming out of a gas mask? What are those letters on the top of the creature’s head? Why the odd, view obstructing grill? After sending the picture to forensics, we’ve discovered that the game is Dead Space 2. How? Well, after a quick search for Dead Space Concept Art, here’s what came up: Recognize The Mask? That means you can expect the first info and screenshots next month, in Issue 40."

http://gamzsonev3.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/pb230119.jpg

http://conceptartworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/dead_space_08.jpg
  • Page

of 50 First / Last