The Witcher 2 Page 63

• Page

of 75 First / Last

• Vortex808 14 Jun 2012 15:37:30 7,147 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    robthehermit wrote:
    Another easy one - Sapper. Find yourself a trap and start to disarm it, then halfway through the animation cast a sign or hit your medallion or whatever works for you to stop disarming it. Do that 5 times and you'll have a 50/50 chance of avoiding all damage from any ground based trap that you trigger.
    Nice, I wish I'd done that in flotsam. I'll have to keep an eye out for traps now! I was annoyed about the xp/dummy one too, only found out about that recently. Apparently the ones in the prologue area regenerate too, so it'd be eassy to get.

I'll have to check my perks for the assasin one, as I always try to look everywhere, but have no idea of finding altairs corpse. I've not played any of the AC games either, so wouldn't know what to look for anyway!
  • Nanocrystal 22 Jun 2012 12:08:55 1,018 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    OK, went up against Letho again last night after starting from scratch and paying a bit more attention to character development. Absolute piece of piss! Apparently it really matters how you level up your character in this game. Old school...
  • Deleted user 22 June 2012 18:11:39
    spoiler...was that letho underground in the elf garden thing or the other bit?
    I found the other bit very easy as my character was full spec on sword play. the garden bit was a little tougher.
    strange game in regards to difficulty, hard then easy not easy then hard
  • Vortex808 22 Jun 2012 21:17:58 7,147 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, the bathhouse bit was really tough to begin with I found. Not so bad once I potioned and oiled up though.

That sounds ruder than it should.
  • Deleted user 22 June 2012 22:15:39
    Getting oiled up is important. Shame the system is.backwards, u can only oil n potion up after u have died to know what u need.
  • Deleted user 22 June 2012 22:15:39
    Getting oiled up is important. Shame the system is.backwards, u can only oil n potion up after u have died to know what u need.
  • JoeBlade 24 Jun 2012 18:37:43 2,545 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I finished W2 well and proper at long last, I've been putting off finishing it on each of my previous playthroughs. Amazing stuff, I absolutely loved the characters, story, choices and morale (or often lack thereof)
    The fact that you can let Letho go at the end - which I did - is something I don't think I've ever seen in another game.

Went for a rather unusual potion-focused witcher; interesting but uneven. My previous attempt of swords & signs orentied witchers felt far more powerful. I definitely wouldn't try that sort of build beyond normal difficulty.

Onward Roche playthrough!
  • spamdangled 24 Jun 2012 18:40:55 27,355 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @revan8 wrote

Might be worth actually putting that in spoiler tags instead of just saying "spoiler"

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Mattwow 3 Jul 2012 22:30:19 43 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Not sure how far im in / played but ive hit a brick wall, Ive got to decsend into the mine with the dwarfs to find the herbs, But i am having dificulty finding the bodies which hold the keys to get through the doors, any pointers or tips guys? Thanks in advance.

Windows 7 - 64
    Intel Core I7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    8GB Ram
    ATI Radeon HD 6970

Xbox Gamertag - Wolves since 86

• JoeBlade 4 Jul 2012 17:14:57 2,545 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mattwow wrote:
    Not sure how far im in / played but ive hit a brick wall, Ive got to decsend into the mine with the dwarfs to find the herbs, But i am having dificulty finding the bodies which hold the keys to get through the doors, any pointers or tips guys? Thanks in advance.
    Light all the torches/braziers you encounter. This keeps track of where you've been and saves you the trouble of having to drink cat potions.

Other than that there's not much to tell to be honest, there aren't any real hidden places down there. You've probably just missed a door or inadvertedly skipped a passage.
  • Mr_Sleep 4 Jul 2012 18:04:22 17,065 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    JoeBlade wrote:
    Went for a rather unusual potion-focused witcher; interesting but uneven. My previous attempt of swords & signs orentied witchers felt far more powerful. I definitely wouldn't try that sort of build beyond normal difficulty.!
    I did it that way on hard, I ended up putting quite a bit into magic as well, just to balance things as pure herbalist seemed to make things a bit too difficult.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Nanocrystal 4 Jul 2012 18:14:14 1,018 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just finished this game the other day. Superb stuff, can't wait for the next one.
  • Deleted user 4 July 2012 18:16:17
    JoeBlade wrote:
    Mattwow wrote:
    Light all the torches/braziers you encounter. This keeps track of where you've been and saves you the trouble of having to drink cat potions.

Other than that there's not much to tell to be honest, there aren't any real hidden places down there. You've probably just missed a door or inadvertedly skipped a passage.
    Actually there are a couple of walls u have to knock down with the push sign.
  • Zenostar 4 Jul 2012 20:38:58 16 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    This game is too hard. I can't get out of the prologue.
  • JoeBlade 4 Jul 2012 21:01:20 2,545 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    revan8 wrote:
    Actually there are a couple of walls u have to knock down with the push sign.
    In the mines, really? I recall several in the crypts but not the mines. Might not be remembering properly though.
  • Mattwow 4 Jul 2012 22:27:54 43 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @revan8

I recall getting to a wall & Geralt says " I must blow up this tunnel / wall.

Thanks for the help xD

Windows 7 - 64
    8GB Ram
    ATI Radeon HD 6970

• Deleted user 4 July 2012 22:32:44
    @Mattwow no worries, I think there are two. They look slighty different and thats where the bodies are etc.
  • Mattwow 4 Jul 2012 22:36:06 43 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Will have a go tomorrow now, as i know if i get on it it will be another 2 a clocker when i crawl to bed.

Windows 7 - 64
    8GB Ram
    ATI Radeon HD 6970

• Mattwow 6 Jul 2012 20:16:02 43 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Finally got out the mine & got the herb i was after, Well ive hit another stumbling block, Ive been sent to talk to the towns folk about where i can find magic, Its showing 3 different locations on my map but when i get close to the markers it seems im not near the npc, Could anyone point me in the right direction please? been stuck at this part for the last 2 hours or so.

Edited by Mattwow at 20:22:12 06-07-2012

Windows 7 - 64
    8GB Ram
    ATI Radeon HD 6970

• Deleted user 6 July 2012 21:05:03
    are you on main city map?

if so you need to go near the entrance/exit gates of the city, then go up the stairs and had down a path there and there is a door that takes you to a woody area with a magic egg to catch.

otherwise just talk to town folk and they will add stuff to the objective, the bar is always a good place to try.
  • Deleted user 6 July 2012 21:05:09
    are you on main city map?

if so you need to go near the entrance/exit gates of the city, then go up the stairs and had down a path there and there is a door that takes you to a woody area with a magic egg to catch.

otherwise just talk to town folk and they will add stuff to the objective, the bar is always a good place to try.
  • Tuffty 7 Jul 2012 15:33:07 1,587 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mattwow wrote:
    Finally got out the mine & got the herb i was after, Well ive hit another stumbling block, Ive been sent to talk to the towns folk about where i can find magic, Its showing 3 different locations on my map but when i get close to the markers it seems im not near the npc, Could anyone point me in the right direction please? been stuck at this part for the last 2 hours or so.
    I had the same difficulty last night so let me give you some advice. Check the inn. Yes the markers point nowhere near the inn, but that was where I, by accident no less, found Zoltan and the rest of the crew to ask about the herb in the mine. I assume it applies to other townspeople as well if you got past the mine. Just check everywhere and ask everyone. The map is so crap at times.
  • Tuffty 22 Jul 2012 12:00:27 1,587 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Completed one of the best side quests I've ever played in any RPG. It was in The Witcher 2, known as With Flickering Heart

It's in Chapter 2 in Vergen. An elf tells you about a spree of gruesome murders and you piece together that it might be a succubus. When you do find her, she accuses the elf that approached you, as he fell so madly in love with her that he killed any other lovers she had out of jealousy. The succubus offered a different kind of 'reward' if I accused the elf to his commander, Iorveth. As a monster hunter I probably shouldn't have entertained it for so long and just killed it there and then, but....I am a man. Kinky supernatural sex sounded too good to turn down. So I went to go about accusing the elf.

After examining one of the corpses earlier, all signs pointed to a succubus attack but there was something embedded in it's arm which you could only extract if you bought surgical tools from one of the vendors in town. Extracting it out reveals it's a metal fragment. So I went and accused the elf to Iorveth who revealed that the elf had fled town, confirming my suspicions. But not very far as outside the liar he was waiting for me and we had to fight. I won, naturally, and then I got down to her lair and then we uh....'sealed the deal'. Also got paid for it and got some epic armor as a reward too. Like a man should.

Kinkiness aside, it was a brilliant quest. It was a murder mystery essentially, and it was long, varied, required you to think and had brief spells of combat to make it interesting. Funny in spots too, like when you have to play as Dandelion and make up the poem to seduce the succubus. Or when you make Dandelion go down into the lair and it cuts back to Geralt. "That fucking idiot!". Saw how it played out if you killed the succubus instead and the rewards are different as well but equally worthwhile getting. Although I am much happier with the armor. I needed an upgrade but couldn't afford one, and this armor not only give me improved stats on everything but also increases my bomb damage by 50%. Very, very useful.

One quest that's infinitely better than anything ME3 ever churned out.
  • Vortex808 22 Jul 2012 14:02:23 7,147 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Damn. I'm going down the Roche path, so I won't be seeing that one I guess!
  • Vortex808 23 Jul 2012 10:26:28 7,147 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Rightio folks, I am just at the start of Chapter 3 (Roche path). Does anyone have a rough guess-timate of roughly how long it's going to take to finish it from here?

I'll probably finish the nest clearing quest, and possibly some side quests, but I'll be attempting to stick to the main questline stuff if possible since I'm trying to clear some of the stack of games I have piling up before the "summer games drought" ends.
  • Murbal 23 Jul 2012 10:39:21 22,221 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Chapter 3 is *much* shorter especially if you just focus on the main story quests.
  • Vortex808 23 Jul 2012 10:46:08 7,147 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Are there quite a lot of side quests then? Will I miss out a lot by not doing them? Or is Chapter 3 just much shorter than the others?

I spent ages in chapter 1 and quite a lot of time in 2 as well.
  • JoeBlade 23 Jul 2012 10:59:20 2,545 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    Are there quite a lot of side quests then? Will I miss out a lot by not doing them? Or is Chapter 3 just much shorter than the others?

I spent ages in chapter 1 and quite a lot of time in 2 as well.
    Chapter 3 is a lot shorter than the other two with fewer side quests.

The rewards are worth the trouble, quite a few very powerful items and diagrams to be had there.
    That said, there's only a handful of opportunities left to use them after you acquire them so they don't make that much of a difference in the end.
  • Murbal 23 Jul 2012 11:20:38 22,221 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Amazing story. Easily one of the best I've come across in a game. I went with the Iorveth path, he's a fantastic character.
  • Vortex808 23 Jul 2012 11:37:51 7,147 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Thanks for the advice folks, I'll see how it goes and try to enjoy the last area as much as possible then, especially if it's much shorter than the other two areas.
  • Page

of 75 First / Last