The Witcher 2 Page 62

• Page

of 75 First / Last

• puddleduck 21 May 2012 13:30:41 1,853 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @SomaticSense

I can understand your second end point, but I think this is a far better way of doing it. I actually find things like Skyrim feel dated to me now. Why can I go into every room and every door? I don't really understand the point about not knowing what impact it was having? That's surely the point of what then occurs? I would suggest the fact that you had no idea shows how seamlessly and well the choice was done :)
  • sirtacos 23 May 2012 02:38:56 7,271 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Finished this early this week. Didn't like it as much as I expected to... dragged on too much.

I was impressed by some of the decision-making, and how streamlined it all was, but unimpressed with the comparative lack of humour and charm that seemed so prominent in the first game.

That and the fucking minimaps.

I'll try Iorveth's path and see if I take a shine to it.
  • JoeBlade 23 May 2012 23:16:53 2,492 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    JoeBlade wrote:
    I finally found the time to finish act 2 from the nonhuman angle and wow, just... wow. The second half of act 2 is pretty bonkers but then... dat finale o_O
    Well spank my ass and call me Charlie! Somehow the plot twists and decisions in act 3 manage to trump those of act 2. The sorceress' lodge reveal, while not entirely unexpected, was nothing short of awesome.
    Again, I'm not sure whether it's down to the EE or my specific decision path but this feels infinitely better than what I've played before.

Lovely, lovely stuff.
  • chrisno21 25 May 2012 09:03:22 1,470 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Finished it last night, what a strange way to end the game. Enjoyable but not amazing.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• dominalien 28 May 2012 18:42:52 6,839 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm downloading the enhanced edition right now. Can I expect any performance improvements? The previous version was unplayable on my computer.

PSN: DonOsito

• dominalien 28 May 2012 18:49:29 6,839 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ta.

• dominalien 29 May 2012 18:39:32 6,839 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    hiddenranbir wrote:
    Yes.
    Hm, not in my case it didn't. Or at least, not enough. Oh well.

• JoeBlade 31 May 2012 13:26:41 2,492 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    hiddenranbir wrote:
    Not even with lowered setterings?
    This.

W2 recommended high settings for me but my PC struggled occasionally though I didn't quite realize it. I turned them down to medium and combat in particular is a lot smoother now, while the game still looks pretty damn good.

I suspect it must still look at least decent at low settings.
  • Nanocrystal 13 Jun 2012 15:42:39 993 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've been absolutely loving this game but have now hit the insane difficulty spike that is the Letho boss fight near the end of Chapter 1. The fucking bastard keeps dropping poison gas bombs that seem to fill the arena and kill me in seconds. Most frustratingly of all I need to skip through all the dialogue in a massive cut scene each time I reload. I'm playing on Normal. Beating him on Easy is a matter of tapping A, which is completely stupid. If I can't beat him on Normal I'm not playing this game any more.

/throws controller out of pram
  • Deleted user 13 June 2012 15:48:25
    @Nanocrystal

I found its handy if you put down a few traps or the spell trap in the area. Put poisons onto your sword and bulk up with some potions before the cut scene and he can go down after being trapped 3 times. Just need to tap the light and heavy attacks at the right time to combo him.
  • DUFFKING 13 Jun 2012 15:50:37 7,110 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nanocrystal wrote:
    I've been absolutely loving this game but have now hit the insane difficulty spike that is the Letho boss fight near the end of Chapter 1. The fucking bastard keeps dropping poison gas bombs that seem to fill the arena and kill me in seconds. Most frustratingly of all I need to skip through all the dialogue in a massive cut scene each time I reload. I'm playing on Normal. Beating him on Easy is a matter of tapping A, which is completely stupid. If I can't beat him on Normal I'm not playing this game any more.

/throws controller out of pram
    Cast quen, run around until his runs out, cast aard, hit him a few times, rinse, repeat.
  • robthehermit 13 Jun 2012 15:51:22 3,986 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I found him to be a bit of a breeze to be honest. I had more trouble with the octopus thing. I was playing on Dark, but had the full set of armour and weapons, so that probably helped a lot. All I did was run around with Quen? up, backed him into a corner and smacked the crap out of him. Make sure you've oiled your weapon for extra damage to humans and just have at him. If you can get him into the corner, you should be able to get him into a stun lock cycle where he never has quite enough time to recover and retaliate.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• Nanocrystal 13 Jun 2012 16:17:21 993 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Will Quen protect me from the poison gas? That's usually what kills me. Or is there an antidote? I already took a Golden Oriole potion, but it only gives me 30% poison resistance I think...
  • robthehermit 13 Jun 2012 16:21:54 3,986 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    There is a potion that increases your resistance to something stupid like 10000%

Other than that health regenerating stuff could help keep you alive.

• Nanocrystal 13 Jun 2012 16:36:00 993 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    OK, been checking out which oils and potions to use. Will have another bash tonight. Thanks for the tips fellas.
  • chrisno21 13 Jun 2012 18:01:30 1,470 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Making that 10000% proof potion was a side-quest specific creation - if you missed it you can't make it.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• Nanocrystal 13 Jun 2012 18:09:01 993 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh is it the mongoose?? Yeah I've already got it and not used it yet. Sweet.
  • Vortex808 13 Jun 2012 20:17:54 6,975 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    chrisno21 wrote:
    Making that 10000% proof potion was a side-quest specific creation - if you missed it you can't make it.
    Wasn't it only good against kayranmucus anyway?
  • robthehermit 13 Jun 2012 22:36:21 3,986 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Vortex808

Nope, any poison attack.

• Vortex808 13 Jun 2012 22:40:39 6,975 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Interesting. Must remember that for next time out with poison attacks. I thought it was just thst one section.

Must read the descriptions more fully in future!
  • robthehermit 14 Jun 2012 11:15:44 3,986 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You can get a perk that grants a 30% chance to poisons enemies if you're using potions by allowing yourself to get poisoned a lot. Also deliberately setting yourself on fire 20 or so times will grant you a boost to flame based attacks.

Edited by robthehermit at 11:22:21 14-06-2012

• Nanocrystal 14 Jun 2012 14:39:34 993 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    There are about half a dozen little perks like that, most of which I'd missed. Particularly upset that I didn't get the 10% xp bonus from destroying the training dummies. Decided to start a new game last night. Probably not a bad idea anyway since I now understand the lore a lot better. Really great game this.
  • robthehermit 14 Jun 2012 14:53:07 3,986 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    An easy perk to get/miss is Assassin. 25% backstab bonus. When you're sorting out the ballista in the prologue, have a hunt around the area until you Altairs rotting corpse. Also a great one to get Magic Resistance +20 - don't tell Triss she needs a bath. Another easy one - Sapper. Find yourself a trap and start to disarm it, then halfway through the animation cast a sign or hit your medallion or whatever works for you to stop disarming it. Do that 5 times and you'll have a 50/50 chance of avoiding all damage from any ground based trap that you trigger.

• Page

of 75 First / Last