God of War Collection Page 3

• Page

of 20 First / Last

• ronuds 31 Aug 2009 22:29:44 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't know if GoW was ever a HUGE seller anyway. It sells well, but nothing like COD.
  • Deleted user 31 August 2009 22:30:58
    It did well for a Sony game.
  • ronuds 31 Aug 2009 22:34:37 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Eddy-the-Ed wrote:
    It did well for a Sony game.

:D

In the PS2 days, a lot of games did well! I believe the GoWs averaged between 3-4m in sales. Something like that.

• gohda 31 Aug 2009 22:39:14 6,642 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    yay
  • sargulesh 31 Aug 2009 22:51:14 3,281 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    LetsGo wrote:
    Cappy wrote:
    betahoven wrote:
    Cappy wrote:
    It's really little more than God of War for people without backwards compatible consoles if upscaling is all they're doing, my PS3 already runs the US versions just fine.

They'll be taking the piss if they charge anymore than budget price for this.

"remastered with anti-aliased graphics" sounds like more than just upscaling to me.

Still, not really worth buying if you've got the PS2 versions and a BC PS3 console.

PS2 games already have better anti-aliasing on the PS3 besides the upscaling. Reading between the lines, beyond the rather marketing-centric but ultimately meaningless term 'remastered' it sounds like little more than people with backwards compatible PS3s already had.

It's real pity that Sony pulled the plug on backwards compatibility because they already had updates which would have made PS2 games look even better on the PS3 but there was no point releasing them after they'd axed backwards compatibility.

PS1 emulation on the PS3 is so close to getting nearly everything working perfectly and they just can't be bothered, they actually remove titles from PSN rather than fix the software emulation, probably because the bean counters who are now firmly in control don't see any revenue in things working properly. Gamers paying for the same old games repackaged is a dream come true for them.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Cappy is right though. Sony have a cheek to say that the reason they're not putting BC in is because people don't want to play PS2 games on the PS3 and then turnaround and do this.
  • IronGiant 31 Aug 2009 23:22:16 4,595 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Its a good ploy though to boost the hype for the third game.. plus im happy if they continue to upgrade some classic PS2 games.
  • Lutz 31 Aug 2009 23:22:57 48,854 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Son of a...A cannae afford a PS3! Damn you temptation.
  • IronGiant 31 Aug 2009 23:25:13 4,595 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Not even a little slim one? ;)
  • IronGiant 1 Sep 2009 01:37:35 4,595 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    disc wrote:
    Please. Pretty Please for all the goodness in the world PLEASE do this for Ico and Shadow of the Colossus.

+1,000,000
  • sargulesh 1 Sep 2009 01:41:52 3,281 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What's anti-aliasing?

--

Anyway, yeah, does anyone think Ueda would have any problem with offering trophy support for his two earlier games?
  • RedSparrows 1 Sep 2009 01:46:09 23,338 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Very nice idea.

Halo 1 done like this plx ;(

• RedSparrows 1 Sep 2009 01:47:47 23,338 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Gremmi wrote:
    evilfoxhound wrote:
    Sony just stole Christmas.

Gonna have to do more than this to take it away from ActiBlizz and the inevitable domination that MW2 will be.

Evilfoxhound is a fanboy, he'd say anything ;p
  • Cappy 1 Sep 2009 02:48:36 12,032 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    disc wrote:
    LetsGo wrote:
    Cappy wrote:
    PS2 games already have better anti-aliasing on the PS3 besides the upscaling.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

PS2 games on PS3 do not have antialiasing.

Well, smoothing then. It works quite well with some games, Digital Devil Saga for instance, a face that's a mass of pixels at middle distance is smoothed out on the PS3 and you can see the features more clearly.
  • Charlie_Miso 1 Sep 2009 04:34:34 1,191 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Never played 2, gave up on the final boss on 1 and will never forgive that Hades level. Pass over here.

Good that they're onto this, even if it's asking quite a few people to put their hand in their pocket again.
  • Cappy 1 Sep 2009 08:04:46 12,032 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    disc wrote:
    Yeah I'm not saying that it doesn't help the end result but if they had managed to do antialiasing that would have meant they had some kind of emulation of the PS2 graphics chip. Because antialiasing requires either more memory or rendering multiple passes. I kind of think they could do something like that in the SPUs but they haven't so far.

According to Pirotic that's exactly what they were doing, they canned all backwards compatibility improvements around the time backwards compatible hardware started disappearing.

A real shame but I guess somebody decided there was no profit in making all PS2 games look better. I wish they'd pick up where they left off on the PS1 side which they're still supposed to be supporting though, in terms of compatibility it's rather disappointing.
  • Cappy 1 Sep 2009 08:09:59 12,032 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's been a while but as I recall, Pirotic was talking about better upscaling rather than anti-aliasing. They were utilising the SPUs though.
  • mcmonkeyplc 1 Sep 2009 08:11:45 39,467 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I haven't played any of these yet so I'll probably be getting this. Good move Sony!

Come and get it cumslingers!

• JohnnyWashnGo 1 Sep 2009 08:17:24 1,544 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Haven't played either of the first two games so this is a fantastic opportunity for me to play them before the third game is released.

This special edition version of the games is just what Sony need to be doing in order to bring some of the better PS2 games to non backwards compatible PS3s.

That being said, having compiled a Linux version of the emulator PCSX over the weekend and managed to play Odin Sphere on my old laptop without too many problems, I cannot understand why the current super deformed PS3 is not capable or doing the same.

However, I am not sure that I should be supporting this release or not. If I buy it, am I sending the message that people want to play PS2 games and therefore encourage BC to be reconsidered, or if I buy it, am I saying that I don't mind not having BC as long as Sony get some of the better games re-released on PS3?

Its all too complicated. Sod it, I am going to buy it ;)
  • Flying_Pig 1 Sep 2009 22:00:22 11,184 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This news makes me hard ;)
  • Deleted user 1 September 2009 22:05:06
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    This news makes me hard ;)

Or wet ;)
  • superjag86 2 Sep 2009 10:15:24 228 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Or both...
  • Deleted user 2 September 2009 11:11:20
    http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/102/1020686p2.html

Good interview, he mentions that they've got double the amount of trophies as other games and "probably" 2 platinums.

@Superjag, lol
  • Fletche 2 Sep 2009 16:57:56 3,418 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't know a thing about anti-aliasing or upscaling and to be honest, I don't care, what I do care about is this piece of gaming news which is probably the best I have heard in months, this along with the Metroid Prime updates is great news and bodes well for re-imaginings of other old classics.
  • danathjo 2 Sep 2009 17:04:36 7,440 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    that or they're just running out of original ideas
  • Deleted user 2 September 2009 21:09:27
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 2 September 2009 21:10:29
    Not in Europe this year.

We are currently looking into options to bring God of War I and II to SCEE consumers on PS3; however it will not be possible to release the games this calendar year. We will provide further information in due course.
  • Deleted user 2 September 2009 21:46:31
    Import it is then, along with a US copy of Demon's Souls. Win win...or not.
  • sargulesh 2 Sep 2009 23:47:13 3,281 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Fletche wrote:
    I don't know a thing about anti-aliasing or upscaling and to be honest, I don't care, what I do care about is this piece of gaming news which is probably the best I have heard in months, this along with the Metroid Prime updates is great news and bodes well for re-imaginings of other old classics.

If you don't know a thing about anti-aliasing or upscaling then why is this even interesting? Trophy support?
  • Fletche 3 Sep 2009 10:01:46 3,418 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It is interesting as I get to play two classic games that will hopefully be updated to take advantage of new hardware, same as Metroid Prime, so not sure why that wouldn't be interesting. Thing is, I play games for fun, not to look at them and analyse everything I see then get horrified if my framerate drops to 29, that isn't fun, that's a chore, if I wanted to analyse software I would just stay at work all day and night.
  • sargulesh 3 Sep 2009 10:05:50 3,281 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh sorry I was drunk when I wrote that (pub quiz). I don't even know what I was getting at. Yeah, I agree with you :)
  • Page

of 20 First / Last