God of War Collection Page 17

• Page

of 20 First / Last

• kiroquai 4 May 2010 15:32:47 262 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pretty much the same that I did this weekend - had some points on my GAME card (well, about 10 anyhow) so got the Collection for 14.99, then saw that 3 was on sale for 25 and snaffled that one too.
  • munki83 4 May 2010 17:53:16 1,411 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think if you want to adjust the brightness you will need to adjust your tv manually and I don't get the point of full frame as it seemed to zoom the picture in for me. I just got to the challenge of Poseidon section in Pandora's temple and can't wait to get to GoW 2 as I never finished it when I played it the 1st time.
  • yegon 16 May 2010 19:17:53 5,217 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Whoa.

Had GoW on the PS2 but, due to being terrible at these kind of games, got shut of it fairly quickly. I even remember citing it as my choice in a "games you don't get or think are overrated" stylee thread yonks ago....

...anyway, I took a chance on this, swallowed my pride and put it on Easy (which I never do) and it's ace! Only 3hrs in but I'm already quite taken aback how good it looks (more in terms of scale than actual detail I suppose) and how brilliantly paced it is. Definitely has that certain intangible something that truly great games have and, given the high opinion of it's sequels I've yet to play, heheh, I'm a true convert!
  • Deleted user 17 May 2010 08:25:43
    Im really impressed with how good this looks in hd! I have finished gow again (having done it on ps2) and im about half way through gow2 (which i have never played) which looks particualy good in hd.

Sure, they both look a bit angular compared to ps3 games and there are some muddy textures but still look better than many "proper" ps3 games.

I cant belive that i was wasting time trying to like heavenly sword when i could have been playing gow2 a few years back!!
  • Flying_Pig 17 May 2010 10:04:06 10,878 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    An awesome collection to be sure. The HD treatment that they've received is top quality and certainly makes the 2 games look this gen.

I thought GoW1 was brilliant, but somehow GoW2 is even better. Hard to describe why, but it just is - like Sony Santa Monica were more confident the second time 'round.

Looking forward to finishing GoW2 shortly (Just got to The Temple of the Fates so not long to go) and then I'll crack straight on to GoW3.

Around 20 hours of brilliant gameplay for less than 20 notes is amazing value.
  • yegon 17 May 2010 10:31:27 5,217 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Around 20 hours of brilliant gameplay for less than 20 notes is amazing value.

Yup. Like I said, bit of a gamble for me but it was well worth it. By the time I finish them both, GoW3 will probably be filthy cheap too.
  • Flying_Pig 18 May 2010 09:32:06 10,878 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fin!

Last few hours of GoW2 is excellent, with some brutal boss battles. The final QTE with Zeus was a real bitch - must have taken 10+ attempts.

Sets it up nicely for the inevitable sequel. Hang on.... On to GoW3!
  • samk 18 May 2010 13:33:54 703 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Another here who has started playing the GOW Collection. Top stuff, well worth getting. I played GOW1&2 when they were first released and had forgotten just how great they are.

Pleasantly surprised by how good the HD treatment looks. I just thought they'd slap on some AA and leave it at that but it looks like they've really done a sterling job.

However it's a shame they didn't (or couldn't) re-render the cutscenes.
  • Deleted user 18 May 2010 15:44:26
    the cut scenes are the only disapointment, im asuming for some reason the couldnt re render them in hd? this only affects the ones using in game assets though as the pre rendered stuff looks good. less than 20 notes for this is amazing value.
  • M_of_the_sys 18 May 2010 16:03:31 1,154 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The cut scenes in GOW2 weren't so bad when compared to GOW1.
  • Flying_Pig 18 May 2010 16:25:17 10,878 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    True, but I think that's because GoW2 used more pre-rendered cut scenes, whereas GoW1 were using the in game engine. Perhaps.
  • Flying_Pig 18 May 2010 16:54:19 10,878 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh, dear. Just realised that I'm 2 trophies away from platinum on GoW2. Anyone attempted the Challenge of the Titans? How hard are we talking?

Edit: Stupidly and annoyingly so - only on the second of seven challenges - where you have to kill at least 10 monsters while they're in the air! Bad enough, but you've got about 2 minutes to do it, and there are a few monsters which are too large to get airborne. :(
  • David_W 10 Jun 2010 22:24:47 149 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I have been meaning to get back to my PS2 and GoW2 ( I have a huge PS2 back log) but seeing how cheap the PS3 collection is, would you say the HD-magic applied to it makes it worth getting over the PS2 version?
  • mrpon 10 Jun 2010 22:29:16 28,742 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If you have a decent setup, yes.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Wayne 10 Jun 2010 22:30:58 2,143 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm selling my GoW games if you're interested.
  • Wayne 10 Jun 2010 22:30:58 2,143 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
  • David_W 10 Jun 2010 22:41:07 149 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    If you have a decent setup, yes.

42" 720p plasma, you recon getting the collection would be a good idea then?

@Wayne, thanks but I already have GoW1+2 for PS2.
  • mrpon 10 Jun 2010 22:45:49 28,742 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Go for it, I played them on the PS2 years ago and then bought the collection and throroughly enjoyed it. And the third one as well!

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• DUFFKING 3 Jul 2010 22:05:19 7,211 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Heh, here I was dreading these spiked column things and I got up the first one on my first go and the second one I got hit on the first bit twice then went straight up. Just got to wait for an opening.

Those rotating walkways were a bit annoying though.

Enjoying this first title but I actually think I enjoyed GoW 3 more so far... bits of this feel like they suffer from a lack of balance and generally being quite annoying.
  • Phily50 3 Jul 2010 22:11:04 2,199 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wayne wrote:

Are we talking the PS2 ones or the collection?
  • KayJay 3 Jul 2010 23:12:13 5,287 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hey Phily50, I have the God Of War Collection brand new sealed US import sitting here gathering dust.
    I have tried on several occasions to get rid on the Swapsies thread but no takers.
    Its yours for 15 all in (1st class recorded post included).

• Phily50 21 Jul 2010 15:58:02 2,199 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    kj66246 wrote:
    Hey Phily50, I have the God Of War Collection brand new sealed US import sitting here gathering dust.
    I have tried on several occasions to get rid on the Swapsies thread but no takers.

Alright mate, sorry I missed this post. Yeah still interested, I'll send a pm now.

Ta
  • KayJay 29 Jul 2010 11:08:18 5,287 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Phily50 wrote:
    kj66246 wrote:

Alright mate, sorry I missed this post. Yeah still interested, I'll send a pm now.

Ta

Jesus, Missed this...
    I will PM you now and you can decide if you still want it. :-)
  • JBlokeUK 6 Aug 2010 12:58:12 2,309 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Bought this back in March but only recently starting playing it regularly. Took me 9 hours to finish GOW 1 and absolutely loved it, I still can't believe I never played it on the PS2. And what a great job done with the graphics, yeah the cutscenes weren't in 'HD' but it didn't distract from the fact that GOW 1 is so good in so many ways.

4 hours into GOW 2 and somehow this looks like surpassing the brilliance of GOW 1! I find the scale of GOW 2 better than 1 so far so maybe that's swinging it for me.

So glad this collection was done, otherwise I most likely would never have gone back to play these. I would recommend anyone to get this, it's also great value for money.

I like it when he's angry.

• Derblington 6 Aug 2010 13:11:09 21,498 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    JBlokeUK wrote:
    4 hours into GOW 2 and somehow this looks like surpassing the brilliance of GOW 1! I find the scale of GOW 2 better than 1 so far so maybe that's swinging it for me.

The whole series is great in this respect, each one outdoes the last in scale and spectacle.
  • JBlokeUK 6 Aug 2010 13:20:03 2,309 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Good to hear, especially as I have God of War 3 waiting.

I like it when he's angry.

• muttler 6 Aug 2010 13:25:19 3,984 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I read stuff like this and I think I really should crack back on with GoW Collection, think I'm stuck about quarter way through GoW1. Never played them on the PS2, so I want to finish before I get GoW 3.
  • Derblington 6 Aug 2010 13:28:53 21,498 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's a good series to play back to back, if you have the time/attention span for it. I ordered the collection and finished them for the day that 3 was released/delivered to me. I'd played 1 on the PS2 originally, but had stopped with the intention of playing the rest (I'd bought each one as it was released, but for some reason had never bothered with 2). I love them, it's one of my favourite game series.
  • frugtkompot 7 Aug 2010 08:23:08 2,819 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I recently started on God of War 2, and must admit the first section with Ares (?) was quite impressive.

Shame that there's no surround sound though :o
  • Page

of 20 First / Last