God of War Collection Page 2

• Page

of 20 First / Last

• Widge Moderator 31 Aug 2009 17:32:34 13,593 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Do you know what I find strange? Surely the grunt is there for 1080p rendering?

Still can't wait to see what its like. I put FFX on the other day and had to turn it off as half the backgrounds looked like what happened if you ran up to a wall in Doom.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• sargulesh 31 Aug 2009 17:32:45 3,281 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @20cm:
    Yeah, well I disagree that it's unplayable but it could definitely benefit from a framerate bump.
  • Widge Moderator 31 Aug 2009 17:34:58 13,593 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ico to be done in widescreen would be nice, its in 4:3 I think?

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• SeesThroughAll 31 Aug 2009 17:38:23 1,689 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Good news.
    So it seems that Sony are indeed going to allow beefed up PS2 games to be recompiled for the PS3.

Although I already own GoW1 and GoW2, I'll buy this for the Trophies :p
  • Cappy 31 Aug 2009 17:57:56 11,940 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    betahoven wrote:
    Cappy wrote:
    It's really little more than God of War for people without backwards compatible consoles if upscaling is all they're doing, my PS3 already runs the US versions just fine.

They'll be taking the piss if they charge anymore than budget price for this.

"remastered with anti-aliased graphics" sounds like more than just upscaling to me.

Still, not really worth buying if you've got the PS2 versions and a BC PS3 console.

PS2 games already have better anti-aliasing on the PS3 besides the upscaling. Reading between the lines, beyond the rather marketing-centric but ultimately meaningless term 'remastered' it sounds like little more than people with backwards compatible PS3s already had.

It's real pity that Sony pulled the plug on backwards compatibility because they already had updates which would have made PS2 games look even better on the PS3 but there was no point releasing them after they'd axed backwards compatibility.

PS1 emulation on the PS3 is so close to getting nearly everything working perfectly and they just can't be bothered, they actually remove titles from PSN rather than fix the software emulation, probably because the bean counters who are now firmly in control don't see any revenue in things working properly. Gamers paying for the same old games repackaged is a dream come true for them.
  • Deleted user 31 August 2009 18:03:08
    Reading on various forums and sites, it seems to me like almost everyone also wants the same treatment for ICO and SOTC...

Well, ME TOO!!! :p
  • Deleted user 31 August 2009 18:07:10
    Will_Hunting wrote:
    Reading on various forums and sites, it seems to me like almost everyone also wants the same treatment for ICO and SOTC...

Forum go'ers wanting cult titles remastered? I'm shocked!

(So of course I do too!)
  • Deleted user 31 August 2009 18:08:13
    If they can do it on Blu-ray playable on PS3 why can't they release them as a download?
  • MikeJones 31 Aug 2009 18:14:50 11 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    sargulesh wrote:
    Can we have one for the original two Katamaris and one for Ico and SotC now too?

edit: this is $40 btw.

Does this help?

Namco Bandai has announced that Katamari Forever, a compilation of sorts of the best the Katamari Damacy series has offered, is complete and ready to ship for the PlayStation 3 on September 22 (via Shacknews).

Unlike past games in the series, the ominously titled Katamari Forever is an amalgam of levels from previous entries in the series along with new levels of its own. As such, you can expect it to play more or less like every other Katamari game -- use the twin sticks to roll a ball around that grows exponentially with every item (inanimate or animate) that you roll up along the way.

For a fuller account of what you can expect (both old and new) from Katamari Forever, check out our recent hands-on preview. Katamari Forever will retail at the slightly discounted price of $49.99.
  • Deleted user 31 August 2009 18:36:15
    MikeJones wrote:
    For a fuller account of what you can expect (both old and new) from Katamari Forever, check out our recent hands-on preview. Katamari Forever will retail at the slightly discounted price of $49.99.

Different stories, music and dialogue though man, important things to Katamari fans.
  • byron_hinson 31 Aug 2009 18:55:51 1,512 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Can't wait
  • Deleted user 31 August 2009 19:16:16
    Will_Hunting wrote:

Nah, I don't

/played both games, didn't enjoy either
  • mrpon 31 Aug 2009 19:37:14 28,921 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ALL over this.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• IronGiant 31 Aug 2009 19:58:36 4,506 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Great news and a must buy for me :)
  • Progguitarist 31 Aug 2009 20:07:49 10,441 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    \o/ \o/ \o/

HUZZAH!!
  • Gibroon 31 Aug 2009 20:12:43 1,325 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I was thinking of getting a copy of GOW2 because I haven't got round to playing it yet. I'll hang on a bit to see what the prices are like. Tasty.
  • sargulesh 31 Aug 2009 21:10:46 3,281 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Why hasn't M$ done anything similar with, say, the Xbox Halos?
  • Progguitarist 31 Aug 2009 21:11:52 10,441 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You can download Halo 1 from XBLA cant you?
  • mrpon 31 Aug 2009 21:12:57 28,921 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    And it is upscaled to 720p isn't it?

• sargulesh 31 Aug 2009 21:14:45 3,281 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ... with achievements? :p

I had no idea Halo played at 720p on the 360. Might take it for another spin.
  • f00b_inc 31 Aug 2009 21:17:51 696 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Great news, never played the second one so will look forward to this (since I never could be arsed getting the old PS2 out of the cupboard... *grumble no BC grumble*)
  • mrpon 31 Aug 2009 21:25:16 28,921 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    sargulesh wrote:
    Supposedly, I seem to remember other Xbox Originals running at a higher res as well.

• Widge Moderator 31 Aug 2009 21:25:32 13,593 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Will_Hunting wrote:

I bet in the run up to Last Guardian...

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• MikeJones 31 Aug 2009 21:39:52 11 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    sargulesh wrote:
    ... with achievements? :p

Halo 3 doesn't even run at 720P on the X360. That would be pretty ironic.
  • Deleted user 31 August 2009 21:46:23
    Sony just stole Christmas.
  • ronuds 31 Aug 2009 21:52:35 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    sargulesh wrote:
    Why hasn't M$ done anything similar with, say, the Xbox Halos?

Well, they don't have to be remade for the 360 because you can buy a copy and play it on the 360 anyway.

And it's certainly not native 720p. Maybe upscaled at best.
  • Deleted user 31 August 2009 22:12:50
    I hope other publishers do this too. How many Final Fantasys could you cram on a Blu-ray disc. I don't even mind having to pay for them again if they run at 720p60fps and have trophies.
  • LetsGo 31 Aug 2009 22:14:21 5,217 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    betahoven wrote:
    Cappy wrote:
    It's really little more than God of War for people without backwards compatible consoles if upscaling is all they're doing, my PS3 already runs the US versions just fine.

They'll be taking the piss if they charge anymore than budget price for this.

"remastered with anti-aliased graphics" sounds like more than just upscaling to me.

Still, not really worth buying if you've got the PS2 versions and a BC PS3 console.

PS2 games already have better anti-aliasing on the PS3 besides the upscaling. Reading between the lines, beyond the rather marketing-centric but ultimately meaningless term 'remastered' it sounds like little more than people with backwards compatible PS3s already had.

It's real pity that Sony pulled the plug on backwards compatibility because they already had updates which would have made PS2 games look even better on the PS3 but there was no point releasing them after they'd axed backwards compatibility.

PS1 emulation on the PS3 is so close to getting nearly everything working perfectly and they just can't be bothered, they actually remove titles from PSN rather than fix the software emulation, probably because the bean counters who are now firmly in control don't see any revenue in things working properly. Gamers paying for the same old games repackaged is a dream come true for them.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • VandelayIndustries 31 Aug 2009 22:26:46 1,523 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    Do you know what I find strange? Surely the grunt is there for 1080p rendering?

Well, it wouldn't do to show up GoW3.
  • Deleted user 31 August 2009 22:28:03
    evilfoxhound wrote:
    Sony just stole Christmas.

Gonna have to do more than this to take it away from ActiBlizz and the inevitable domination that MW2 will be.
  • Page

of 20 First / Last