The Walking Dead - TV series (US pace) Page 96

• Page

of 104 First / Last

• BeardedGamerUK 7 Feb 2014 12:18:06 1,365 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Yeah really like Abraham in the comics. One of my favourite characters :)
  • oldschoolsoviet 10 Feb 2014 12:20:28 5,460 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's back ! And it's back to a dawdling- sorry, more thoughtful and reflective pace.

/wonders how much drawn-out mediocrity there'll be before something happens
  • Mola_Ram 10 Feb 2014 12:36:17 7,255 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    No, I thought that episode was great. The show can have a few episodes that are slower without it becoming a problem. Nothing much happened in the Clear episode from a season or so ago, and that was basically the best the show has ever been.

It's only when people start talking that the problems arise. :p
  • Tonka 11 Feb 2014 08:54:57 20,244 posts
    Seen 39 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I also thought it was a really good episode. I like it when it's a smaller group and focused on what I assume a normal day in a post zombicalyptic world would be like.

I hope they keep the characters separated for a much longer time than after the farm fight. Keep juggling small groups / individual characters for years and years please.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• AcidSnake 11 Feb 2014 09:08:09 7,241 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @huh_what:
    Probably because it had been recently eaten...

And they possibly didn't show her checking the three empty houses before that...

The new episode seemed to write Carl like an annoying asshole again when he was gradually moving away from that...

Still not convinced Judith's dead...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Scurrminator 11 Feb 2014 09:10:49 8,405 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    She's not dead. We've seen nothing to show that she is.
    In TV land if you don't see a death/body then = not dead.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• ZuluHero 11 Feb 2014 09:26:16 4,104 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    In the "Next time on The Walking Dead.." bit afterwards it had a bit of a spoiler showing who actually is alive.

Cracking Episode though - I don't think Carl is going back to be annoying, he's still a kid and it showed him learning how to survive. He's still going to be a bit cocky or end up in situations that he loses control of, and yes he won't always think straight, like checking the door first, like an adult would do but he is learning.
  • AcidSnake 11 Feb 2014 09:55:50 7,241 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Scurrminator:
    No sign of her in the "next week"...
    And nothing to show isn't true, unless they habitually paint the baby seat with blood...

Anyway, a bit odd what they're doing...They had a rendezvous set in case things went bad and now it's just everyone for themselves...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Mola_Ram 11 Feb 2014 12:00:08 7,255 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    AcidSnake wrote:
    And nothing to show isn't true, unless they habitually paint the baby seat with blood...
    Yeah, an equally plausible reason for not showing her dead body is that the producers didn't want to show a dead baby onscreen. Instead preferring to strongly hint that the baby is dead, through, say, a baby seat covered in blood.
  • The-Bodybuilder 15 Feb 2014 00:35:30 14,151 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That baby Judith is not dead. The fact that the kids struggled to carry her in the baby seat, yet still got away only logically means they took her out of it. I doubt they just dropped her and went off.

Great episode imo. That Michone flashback was really harrowing. I never thought they would go back to her origins, especially in regards to the origin of her first zombie pets.
  • Mola_Ram 17 Feb 2014 04:00:47 7,255 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The episode is in, and the wee baby Judith is... alive. I knew I should have stuck with my original assumption that it was too confronting for TV.

Bit annoying how they teased it with the bloody car seat, though. Feels like a cheap way to have a cliffhanger.
  • Scurrminator 17 Feb 2014 08:24:56 8,405 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    In the last episode before the break if you look hard enough you can see that Tyrese is carrying her when they flee

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Mola_Ram 17 Feb 2014 23:21:36 7,255 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I also find it weird that they didn't appear to have any plan for an emergency. Apart from "everyone run away in different directions!"

Usually you would have a designated meeting point or something. But I guess it wouldn't be as dramatic if everyone knew where everyone else was.
  • Psychotext 18 Feb 2014 01:27:01 54,003 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Leadership structure seemed to have basically fallen apart in fairness. Not massively surprised that they wouldn't be speaking strategically.

On an interesting note, I don't recall Terminus in the comics, so maybe they're completely split from this point on? I wouldn't lose any sleep if we never see Negan.
  • Mola_Ram 18 Feb 2014 01:46:14 7,255 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It's not really a matter of leadership at that point. Just a matter of getting people together on a quiet day and saying "ok, here is where we meet up if something goes wrong". They had a lot of other safety precautions!

Anyway, as far as Terminus goes, no, it's not in the comics. Could be just a different name for a similar sort of place, though. It sounds a lot cooler than 'Alexandria Safe Zone'.

(very minor, non-plot details from the comic above)
  • stryker1121 18 Feb 2014 02:35:19 685 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Pretty amusing closing shot of Abraham, Rosita and Eugene from the comics, framed just so. It was almost like TWD the show was doing a parody of the comics. People are already bitching about TV Abraham looking like an overweight slob.
  • Mola_Ram 18 Feb 2014 02:36:25 7,255 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    His hair looks weird, like it doesn't match his face.
  • Tonka 18 Feb 2014 06:42:25 20,244 posts
    Seen 39 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Good episode. Bit of a let down that EVERYONE made it.

I'm not too happy to see them hole up in another haven. Hopefully it'll just be some pipe dream.

• Mola_Ram 18 Feb 2014 06:47:50 7,255 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Those poor Woodbury redshirts. :(
  • Tonka 18 Feb 2014 06:49:59 20,244 posts
    Seen 39 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah. ;_;
    Nice to know who the rat catcher is. Although it was told in a very comic book fashion.

• AcidSnake 18 Feb 2014 10:33:48 7,241 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yep another episode of WTF decisions...

So here's my theory about Judith then, Tyreese grabbed her from the seat and cut himself whilst doing it, thus bleeding all over it...

Makes sense...

The "releasing zombies one by one from the bus" was a good plan if zombies were known for their calm behaviour...
    Why not have someone make a lot of noise at the front of the bus and then quietly opening the back?

Glenn running into a pack of zombies "because riot gear", also made no sense...Surely there are other ways out of the prison? Maybe the huge hole Tyreese came through?

Also what's with the whole Tyreese bleeding bit? Is it to make us worry about a possible bite? Then why two scenes later has the bandage disappeared and is there no real damage to his arm anyway?

EDIT:

Oh yeah, and the bus...Did they stop to pick up a hitchhiking zombie? Did they have a dead person aboard and just thought "fuck it"?

If they had had Glenn aboard they might've had a chance of surviving, but nooooo...Love...

Edited by AcidSnake at 10:35:40 18-02-2014

• The-Bodybuilder 19 Feb 2014 00:50:41 14,151 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Decent episode. Obvious Judith wasn't dead.

Focusing on Tyrese bleeding was probably to connect the blood in the car seat carrier.

How do you have a safe meeting point outside the prison? Just because it's safe one day doesn't mean that spot will be safe the next. It's why they're in the prison to begin with.

That little girl though. First time I wanna see a child get killed.
  • Mola_Ram 19 Feb 2014 00:54:12 7,255 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Well, generally having a place to meet is surely preferable to everyone running off by themselves like headless chickens, even if it's not 100% safe.

It's not a huge deal or anything, though. I still liked most of the episode, even though I liked the first one more.
  • Mola_Ram 19 Feb 2014 01:00:16 7,255 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    As for Judith, I am glad she's alive (although I still think the bloody car seat thing was awfully cheap).

I do hope that they don't go overboard on "OH NO THE BABY IS IN TROUBLE" device, though. That would also be cheap.
  • BeardedGamerUK 19 Feb 2014 01:30:21 1,365 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    An interesting episode I guess with too many flaws to mention. The problem with episodes like these where the camera isn't focusing on large groups, is that people that can't act are being asked to act and show human emotions which a lot of them can't do convincingly.
  • MrFlay 19 Feb 2014 02:25:35 692 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Was Lizzie trying to kill Judith? Probably the only interesting part of that entire episode.

What was Glenn thinking just walking into a horde of Walkers? And he miraculously makes it out too. Just too stupid for me.

The writing is terrible and the only thing they seem to care about is minimizing expenses which is ridiculous considering how many people are watching this show. They'll spend the rest of the season wandering around the woods, occasionally skirmishing with a few walkers and then they'll reach somewhere they can hunker down and bicker for a season or two.
  • Mola_Ram 19 Feb 2014 03:10:06 7,255 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I don't know that Lizzie is a complete psycho just yet. It's possible that she just took Carol's talk of getting rid of "weakness" the wrong way.

Or the right way, considering how ruthless Carol seems to be now.
  • Tonka 19 Feb 2014 06:17:14 20,244 posts
    Seen 39 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'd say she'x a full blown sado-spycho-killer.

The rats. The rabbit and the joy when she realized that a dead baby can't scream.

• Page

of 104 First / Last