The Walking Dead - TV series (US pace) Page 70

• Page

of 104 First / Last

• Tonka 19 Feb 2013 06:44:20 20,010 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I loved that episode. So much stuff happened. Can't wait for next weeks. Is it confirmed that they have five times the budget compared to last season?

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Scurrminator 19 Feb 2013 07:47:43 8,377 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Funny how these people can headshot moving walkers with pistols from yards away but stationary humans are their weakness!

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• hilts 19 Feb 2013 08:00:26 125 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Haha good point!
  • Tonka 19 Feb 2013 08:01:05 20,010 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The humans shoot back innit? Close range vs long range.
    I'm not totally disagreeing.

Did anyone else think that the armor clad driver would lose her helmet and turn out to be Andrea? I was hoping for that to happen.

And how will they solve the Merle issue? For a while I thought Rick would simply shoot him.

• mrpon 19 Feb 2013 08:01:43 28,416 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Two words about that episode: Meat Shield!!

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Pretty_Gamer 19 Feb 2013 08:02:41 2 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Great! Remember the video clip with zombies walking in the streets of the States :) So, comic series are fine.
  • AcidSnake 19 Feb 2013 08:32:21 7,214 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    But now they have the armoured car! Merle knowing which walls are susceptible to ramming should help too...

Bit of an odd decision leaving it there though...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Mola_Ram 19 Feb 2013 10:10:56 6,946 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    Two words about that episode: Meat Shield!!
    Yeah, guy really soaked up a lot of bullets. Good for him.

And yeah, it was slightly weird having everyone be such useless shots when humans are the targets. It's how a firefight would play out realistically, sure, but sort of jars with the expert marksmanship against zombies. They barely even waste a single bullet with zombies.

But whatever. It was a good battle! I just hope Tyreese comes back soon.
  • oceanmotion 20 Feb 2013 00:41:55 15,643 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Aww, I was warming to him a little. Guess he wasn't some rapist after all.

That fire fight was like my FPS skills.

Roll on next week. Hurry the fuck up Andrea.
  • The-Bodybuilder 24 Feb 2013 11:35:15 14,054 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Some right moany people in here.
    We all know getting endless headshots is an anomaly of the show, but how anyone thinks its easier to shoot a man on a tower far away and is shooting back of which your first concern is to take cover and to blindly shoot in his direction is easier than to shoot an unarmed, slow moving target is beyond me.
    I'm more concerned as to how he got up there in the first place.

Great episode. I loved how they suckered us again into liking someone before doing what they did. But as others have said, there's clearly a redneck and black quota.

Dunno why people think Glenn is dumb all of a sudden. Any man would act the exact same way when you've been made to feel your girl has been raped whilst you're helplessly listening in another room.
  • MadCaddy13 24 Feb 2013 11:49:47 1,856 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Merle and Daryl rule this show - if they somehow get taken out the series it wouldn't be the same. Kinda like the absence of Shane. It shifted as soon as he died
  • Mola_Ram 24 Feb 2013 13:01:52 6,946 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Glenn hasn't really turned dumb. I get that there might be good reason why he's angry and everything, but the acting didn't sell it to me. He's just gone all RAAAARGH GLENN ANGRY, GLENN GOING TO DO... SOMETHING, and it didn't feel like a natural progression from who he was before. It felt like he was acting that way because the plot required conflict and people arguing, not because his character would actually do that. Lori had similar problems when she was around.

Oh yeah, and I also didn't quite get why Maggie was pissed off at Glenn. She was almost raped, and she is angry with him... why? Because he doesn't pay enough attention to her? Because he couldn't save her?

I hope everyone stops yelling and gets back to something like normal soon. Glenn is a horrible leader.

Not that Rick is much better. Daryl for leader! Tyreese for leader! Fuck, even Carol would be better.
  • Fab4 24 Feb 2013 13:08:51 5,975 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Last episode redefined the term 'tailgating' for me :D
  • The-Bodybuilder 24 Feb 2013 22:44:44 14,054 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Mola_Ram seemed like a natural progression to me.
    he's clearly angry because he wants to go back and kill the governor, and he's spent the last few days being completely helpless and out control and was put in a position where he felt worthless like a man, where he felt like he wasn't a man, that he couldn't do the first thing a man is supposed to do; to protect the ones he loves. Now with Daryl gone physically and Risk gone mentally, here was an opportunity to exert control and to feel like a man again. Its a common, acute and natural reaction.

Maggie's anger is actually rather obvious too. She's angry at Glen because Glenn is more consumed with his loss of masculinity and anger, rather than what should be his first priority; to comfort Glenn.

Also, rather than saying sorry to her, he should try saying thank you and appreciate just how far she was willing to go for him.
  • Mola_Ram 24 Feb 2013 23:41:53 6,946 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Well, you found it believable and the acting convincing, and I didn't. Not much more can really be said!

I'm hoping someone steps in to lead during the next episode. Daryl would be my preference, as I like the character and the actor.
  • Mola_Ram 25 Feb 2013 05:29:16 6,946 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Two comments about the latest one:

1. NOOOOOO TYREESE

2. Oh Andrea, why won't you hurry up and die. Although at least in this case the others (Michionne especially, the glowering idiot) have to share some blame by not bloody telling her anything ("Oh, by the way, did you know that your bf had Glenn tortured and almost raped Maggie?"). Then again, she doesn't seem to mind the severed head tank and zombie girl, so maybe she'd be too thick even for that.

That is all. Another slow episode, but hopefully it's ramping up for some big confrontation.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 05:45:25 25-02-2013
  • Lukree 25 Feb 2013 06:28:35 158 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    Aww, I was warming to him a little. Guess he wasn't some rapist after all.
    If only building his character into more likable had happened a bit earlier... Now it was a bit too fast and obvious. Put two scenes where he's nice and *BOOM HEADSHOT*. :D

Great series, at least after S2 which was a bit boring, everyone hanging at the farm most of the time...
  • Tonka 25 Feb 2013 06:39:17 20,010 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    I'm hoping someone steps in to lead during the next episode. Daryl would be my preference, as I like the character and the actor.
    Daryl is too good. It just wouldn't work.
    He would lead a sneaky commando raid to Woodbury and skullfuck the governmat8trlol into oblivion. Then he'd put up stakes there and live happily ever after with the gang.

If you found the the farm episodes dull imagine how boring "The Walking Dead Woodbury with a just leader edition" would be.

It has to be a fuckup like Rick. Although I do find his "running around naked in the jungle shouting at trees" routine a bit rich to be honest.

That Glenn isn't a leader of men was hardly a surprise. Neither is the fact that Maggie doesn't like how he found the thought of her getting raped as an insult to him rather than something horible that happened to her.

"Oh gods, if he had touched you I wold never have been able to look at you again... Did you like it? I know you liked it bitch? Was his cock bigger than mine?"

instead of

"Jesus fuck are you OK? I'll kill that son of a bitch the first chance I get!"

• timetraveler 25 Feb 2013 07:21:07 61 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Is this TV show based on The Walking Dead game? Or is it opposite? I played this game a couple of times and it was good.
  • Mola_Ram 25 Feb 2013 07:24:25 6,946 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Err, I think they're all based on the comic books. But I haven't played the game, so don't know if any TV-only characters (eg. Daryl, Merle) appear in it.
  • timetraveler 25 Feb 2013 07:29:23 61 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Thanks! I know that my question sounds stupid, so sorry ;)
  • Mola_Ram 25 Feb 2013 07:29:39 6,946 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Tonka Yeah, the Maggie thing does make sense when I think about it. But I'm still not fond of the way these things have been acted.

The action is fantastic, when it happens. The show excels when the stakes are high. But imo it doesn't do so well with the downtime. As we saw in Season 2!
  • Mola_Ram 25 Feb 2013 07:31:14 6,946 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    timetraveler wrote:
    Thanks! I know that my question sounds stupid, so sorry ;)
    No worries! But don't talk too much about the game here, because I still want to play it! :)
  • Scurrminator 25 Feb 2013 07:47:37 8,377 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A fucking Andrea episode; really!? Urgh!

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Tonka 25 Feb 2013 07:49:43 20,010 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Mola_Ram I also found Maggies actions a bit weird at first until that scene when Glenn asks her if she was raped and then just walks away when she says no.

I blame poor direction more than acting though.

• Mola_Ram 25 Feb 2013 07:53:32 6,946 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah, it's a combination of writing, directing, acting. All three in Andrea's case.
  • Tonka 25 Feb 2013 07:55:09 20,010 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I like Andrea. It's very important to have a character to hate. See Brenda in 90210, once she was gone the show lost its magic.

• Mola_Ram 25 Feb 2013 07:57:29 6,946 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah, maybe it's the show's intention to have everyone hate Andrea. It doesn't seem intentional though.
  • Gambit1977 25 Feb 2013 07:58:39 9,583 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Tonka we have characters to hate. The governor, merl (who is fantastic),
    Andrea is just a poor actor, who's both poorly written and fills every cliche going. She also has an annoying face.
  • Page

of 104 First / Last