The Walking Dead - TV series (US pace) Page 64

• Page

of 116 First / Last

• Mola_Ram 8 Nov 2012 03:57:05 8,316 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Iain815 wrote:
    On topic, I didn't feel really any emotion during that episode at all. Never cared for T-Dog and my hatred for Lori was so strong no amount of redemption kept me from wanting her to kick the bucket. The only one I really concerned for was Carol, and since they only found her scarf she's probably still alive.
    Carol might be alive, but remember that they only found Sophia's bear. And look what happened then.

Cue Daryl going off the rails again for half the season.

EDIT: Although, now that I think about it, we'll probably find out what happened to her pretty soon. I doubt she would have left the prison either way.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 04:00:01 08-11-2012
  • mrcrumley 8 Nov 2012 11:01:06 382 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    for latest ep Carol may have been 'snatched' by whoever was spying on her when she was doing the surgery stuff on the dead female zombie, possibly could be the same person who placed down the heart for the deer (unless that was revealed and i totally missed it.)
  • catterz 8 Nov 2012 13:17:27 8,763 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @mrcrumley

I reckon that was probably the guy Rick locked out who used it to lure the zombies in.

Still stalking this place, old-school style (UID: 1053)

• AcidSnake 8 Nov 2012 13:50:37 7,298 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, I just assumed that was the same person...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• mrcrumley 9 Nov 2012 07:57:03 382 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    catterz wrote:
    @mrcrumley

I reckon that was probably the guy Rick locked out who used it to lure the zombies in.
    That makes sense! Cheers for clearing that up.
  • Scurrminator 12 Nov 2012 13:28:36 8,470 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Another goodie.
    and yay for Thunderdome! and Telephone!

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• MistaGav 12 Nov 2012 13:38:31 90 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Really liking this season much more then season 2, I think they may have learned their lessons from that one.

Is it just me or did the woman who gave the glass to the man at the start look similar to the woman who plays Lori?
  • Deleted user 12 November 2012 14:08:46
    I'm a week behind.. well watching uk pace. Great epsiode.

Rick when he realised what his done, is going to go ape shit. If he only he didn't lock that dude out :) Still... yeah i didn't feel much for lori, but when they entered the yard, thats when it started to make the bottom lip wibble.

and daryl, and the other guy knows that he lied about that guy as well. i think.

As for carrol, wasn't that her scarf they picked up at the end?

Edited by joelstinton at 14:10:14 12-11-2012

Edited by joelstinton at 14:11:23 12-11-2012
  • Mola_Ram 12 Nov 2012 14:24:50 8,316 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The new T-Dog is doing OK so far.

I'm still not a fan of the Michionne and Andrea show, though.
  • Gambit1977 12 Nov 2012 14:26:35 10,384 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:

Andrea is my least favourite character now that Lori's not around.
  • Mola_Ram 12 Nov 2012 14:34:26 8,316 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:

Andrea is my least favourite character now that Lori's not around.
    Michionne is being at least as dense as Andrea - why she didn't tell her about the murdered soldiers I'll never know - but her badassery makes up for it to an extent.

Maybe I'm just miffed because comic Andrea is so awesome, and here she's just not. (yes, I mentioned the comic, deal with it)
  • Mola_Ram 12 Nov 2012 14:46:04 8,316 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Also, I loved the Rick scenes. It's like one review said: "this show is at its best when nobody is talking".
  • The-Bodybuilder 12 Nov 2012 23:19:07 14,444 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Interesting episode. Had to calm a bit after Killer Within (possibly my best tv episode ever). This whole baby thing is gonna be an issue.

And yes, Andrea is now my least liked. In fact I disliked her more than lori, right from season 2.
  • localnotail 12 Nov 2012 23:56:18 23,093 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Did Rick really growl "You Ate! My! Wife!" when he was stabbing that zombie in the guts? Half expected him to pull out her hand and recover her wedding ring.

All the baby formula would probably be well out of date, and they need clothes & nappies and..., but hey. Maybe Daryl can make her a possum-skin bassinet?

Nice to see the Governor's daughter introduced so casually. Also very pleased to see they kept the telephone.

I always loved Andrea in the comics. And Dale. And Andrea & Dale. She feels too weak here, makes me sad.

So, is Carol dead then? I'm not so sure.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Tonka 13 Nov 2012 07:21:55 21,360 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, Carol? WTF.

I suspect that they shot a whole lot of scenes in one go down in the dungeons to save on money. There are a lot of things that don't add up. Odd jumps etc.

Other than that I think it was a good episode. Couldn't possibly live up to the previous one of course but still. I like Michonne, she didn't tell Andrea stuff cause she doesn't know it for sure. Just throwing accusations around would make her look even more paranoid.

Am I the only one picking up a little romance between the two of them? What happened in that meatlocker?

I also liked the Michonne playing Shrlock fail.

Michonne - "How's about them Pennylol?"
    The Guvenmator - "Holy crÍpes she knows abouts it! She's special:)"
    Michonne - "I bet you say that about all your women"
    The Government - "LOL, she has no clu! HAHAHA of the hooks!"

The reunion of the brothers will be epic BTW. Really looking forward to it.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• LeD 13 Nov 2012 08:39:43 6,314 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    One thing I love about the TV series, is how they seem to cherrypick from the comics. Having read it, I can enjoy watching the show and keep being surprised by the different 'treatment' of characters, locations, events... It's all in there, like a remixed version. Loving both the comics and the TV shows, in different ways and for different reasons.

Hate TV Andrea too! Main reason is the acting being so bad. Only seems to have the one head gesture and posturing with her mouth.
  • AcidSnake 13 Nov 2012 08:50:58 7,298 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    About the graves though, did they actually have anything to fill them with?

You need three holes, for half a body?
    Lori was eaten, T-Dog was left a husk and Carol completely missing (I think she's still alive)...

"I need two more"...No, no you don't...

Unless they're just shrines, in which case they shouldn't dig holes first...

Anyway, another good episode...A bit less action than the previous ones, but in all fairness it has been seriously fast so far and it needed to slow down at some point...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• kinky_mong 13 Nov 2012 14:56:24 10,868 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    LeD wrote:
    One thing I love about the TV series, is how they seem to cherrypick from the comics. Having read it, I can enjoy watching the show and keep being surprised by the different 'treatment' of characters, locations, events... It's all in there, like a remixed version. Loving both the comics and the TV shows, in different ways and for different reasons.
    Exactly why I love The Walking Dead, but find the Game Of Thrones TV show a bit boring because they stick too closely to the source material meaning nothing is a surprise.

I got a very strong Dead Rising vibe from this week's episode, mainly from Michonne carving up the walkers and the Terror Is Reality style show.

Edited by kinky_mong at 15:00:10 13-11-2012

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• stryker1121 13 Nov 2012 15:05:22 769 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Perhaps the biggest botch from comics to TV is the portrayal of Andrea. She's about 15 years too old, and she's smug and unlikable. Comics Andrea is awesome; my favorite character in the series.

That said, i'm quite enjoying S3 of the tv show. The character development needs to get stronger (although I do like more or less how they're dealing with the Gov). Michonne, for one, really needs to be fleshed out in terms of why she's so mistrustful of everyone. But the sense of dread and day-to-day miseries of just trying to survive are very well done. The silent scenes with Rick this week were especially good.
  • HoriZon 14 Nov 2012 17:27:07 13,601 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Comic talk fuck right off plz.

Slower ep loved seeing Rick go batshit crazy on da zombies, its all coming alone for the meet up between our group and the Gov and his people but how long will they stay in the prison? a safe place? it dont seem like it.

Edited by HoriZon at 17:27:44 14-11-2012

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• BinaryBob101 14 Nov 2012 17:37:02 24,449 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I loved that Rick's sole word in that episode was, "...Hello?" For a moment there, I thought he was hallucinating. Bear McCreary's music was utterly batfucknuts to match, great stuff.

Another cracking episode.

And yeah, fuck off to the comic comparison thread is you want to talk books.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• GuiltySpark 14 Nov 2012 17:52:34 6,468 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    why are people so angstyyyy

Get bent.

• BinaryBob101 14 Nov 2012 19:19:51 24,449 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    TWD TV SHOW IZ SRZ BZNS!

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• L0cky 14 Nov 2012 19:32:41 1,559 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    Am I the only one picking up a little romance between the two of them? What happened in that meatlocker?
    You're not the only one. Could be wishful thinking though :p
  • L0cky 14 Nov 2012 19:32:57 1,559 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    MistaGav wrote:
    Is it just me or did the woman who gave the glass to the man at the start look similar to the woman who plays Lori?
    For a moment I thought it was a flashback or something.
  • Mola_Ram 15 Nov 2012 05:25:57 8,316 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    L0cky wrote:
    Tonka wrote:
    You're not the only one. Could be wishful thinking though :p
    The show certainly does need more lesbians. Andrea at least would swing both ways though.
  • MistaGav 15 Nov 2012 11:22:18 90 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @L0cky Same actually, like they were gonna give a bit more info on Lori and the start of the zombie apocalypse.
  • Mola_Ram 19 Nov 2012 11:19:34 8,316 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I quite like the new Merle. I didn't like him in his brief appearance in the first season, where it seemed he only existed to be a dick to everyone, for no real reason. But it seems like he has a little more depth to him now, even if he's still a total loon.

Anyway, really loved this episode. It was good to see Michionne being a badass, even if I'm a little hazy on exactly why they were hunting her.

I'm not going to talk about the phone, but it did remind me of Morgan and Duane in the first season. I'd almost forgotten about them! It seems like Rick has forgotten about them too. I can't remember the last time they were mentioned.
  • Page

of 116 First / Last