Epic Mickey Page 2

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • Deleted user 2 August 2009 18:41:50
    I think KH had average sales outside Japan but did very well within. That had the benefit of the PS2 having a very broad demographic and strong sales in Japan which I don't believe is the case with the PS3 or 360. It also had the Squeenix characters to help break into the market further.

An adult focused (adult, not GoW style 'adult') Disney game sounds extremely risky and I have no idea how you would even begin to market it so you might as well stick to the largest and most likely audience.
  • LetsGo 2 Aug 2009 19:19:25 5,278 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Micro_Explosion. wrote:
    I think KH had average sales outside Japan but did very well within. That had the benefit of the PS2 having a very broad demographic and strong sales in Japan which I don't believe is the case with the PS3 or 360. It also had the Squeenix characters to help break into the market further.

An adult focused (adult, not GoW style 'adult') Disney game sounds extremely risky and I have no idea how you would even begin to market it so you might as well stick to the largest and most likely audience.

I think your missing the point, this game doesnt look like the Wii is the correct demographic. It *looks* like more of a adult gamers game and adult games don't do well on the Wii.

Kingdom hearts done great everywhere (but esp. good in Japan).

If it is an adult 'disney game' and its good, it will sell loads on PS3/360.
  • Pirotic Moderator 2 Aug 2009 19:21:49 20,648 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Also it's worth noting they significantly dumbed down the latest Kingdom Hearts game for the DS audience. Different developer I know, but it shows what the market research lot must be telling the devs
  • wizbob 16 Oct 2009 17:24:41 781 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    All these people who only like grown-up games on grown-up consoles trying to rationalise why a Mickey Mouse game should be on the 360 or PS3.
  • Deleted user 16 October 2009 17:26:18
    It appears you posted in the wrong thread.
  • ChronoMizaki 16 Oct 2009 17:53:22 131 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Pirotic wrote:
    Also it's worth noting they significantly dumbed down the latest Kingdom Hearts game for the DS audience. Different developer I know, but it shows what the market research lot must be telling the devs

I know, an old post. But I disagree. 358/2 Days, whilst dumbed down for DS audience, is more complex than Kingdom Hearts II. That's truly dumbing down and I hope that KH does not go down that road again.

As for Epic Mickey, I'm still looking forward to it. Unlike a lot of people, I still kept my Wii as I believe good games will come out instead of trading it in and wound up regretting it if another game comes out that I'm really interested in.
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Next